Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,102  ·  Replies: 1 
> How to turn.....properly!!, help needed
Edi-no-son
  Posted: Apr 16 2009, 05:40 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,486

Hey guys...
For those that know me, I have become a noob in v4 lolz
I've been around since v1,2,3 and this v4 (1.2) is really getting on my nerves... but it all that I have to muck around with whilst i'm overseas and away from home.

So here I am, started a e9 (yes i know it isn't the best car but its the same as the one sitting at home so i had to get it lolz)

And i've gone and finished LOTS (excluding bunta since it was too hard) and a bit of TA.
Tuning is 0-1-5-0-0 (can't remmeber but the '5' is suspension work)

SO my question is...... in v4, am i MEANT to get it to slide?? Is that the way its meant to be?? Like I make the turn, but it always slows down wayyy too much :S

I would youtube to see a video, but I'm in China and they blocked youtube >< ><
My time on Akina with that much tuning is 3'19 (if i like up all the best CP, it'll be 3'18 flat lolz)

I guess the best way to get help is to try to explain what i do:
eg, 1st turn akina
Since i read its meant to be a 'in in out' line (wth seriously...... lolz)
I try to start from as in as i can....
Once i pass the point where u 'normally' feint and start braking in v3, i brake (yes i kno i don't hafta brake in 1.2 but i can't help it), aim my head in, slide, and try miss the wall on exit.
The best I can ever do is like 120, 122 max on exit as it always keeps 'sliding' from apex to exit making me lose more n more speed sad.gif
Is there a way to stop that loss of speed??

Or is a non tuned car just that slow?? lolz

Hope I am clear in what i'm trying to say... and thanks for any help!!

This post has been edited by Edi-no-son on Apr 16 2009, 07:38 AM
FrankNC
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 01:05 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,259

I don't know if this will help but on akina downhill for the first turn I usually start on the outside and then turn it and about at the apex I downshift. Once I'm out of the turn im usually on the outside again going from like 128-130 depending upon which car I'm using then I pc and after I make that little turn I'm doing about 135 for that little straight away. I'm sure there are better ways that the more experienced players can tell ya. I mean my fastest downhill akina time is like 3:11:xxx with my FT Evo 3. Not nearly the fastest time, but it's what I do. Lol