Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) King & Queen - Dance Europe Express

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,459  ·  Replies: 30 
> New “Dragon Ball Super” TV Series Announced in 15, Found it via comment section on dragon ball kai
tsukikomi
  Posted: Jun 13 2015, 08:48 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 43,994

So idk if this is legit or not but I'll give a chance if this is happening. Whats your intake of this?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/28/new-d...unced-for-2015/
Animation:

Toei Animation Begins Production on Dragon Ball Super
    Drawn From a Plot By The Brand’s Original Creator, Dragon Ball Super Is The First New Series In
    Eighteen Years

TOKYO (April 28, 2015) – Toei Animation has announced production on Dragon Ball Super (Japanese title; tentative for English release), the first all-new Dragon Ball television series to be released in 18 years. Following the recent events of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, Dragon Ball Super will debut in Japan in July 2015.

Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama and produced with Fuji Television, Dragon Ball Super will draw on its historic past to create a bold, new universe welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers.

Introduced as a manga in Weekly Shonen Jump (published from SHUEISHA Inc.) in 1984, Dragon Ball has evolved into a globally beloved brand. Seen in more than 70 countries, with over 230 million copies of its comic books sold, Dragon Ball remains one of the most popular anime series of all time.

“Having loved Dragon Ball since childhood, it is very exciting to be a part of this project,” said Osamu Nozaki, producer for Fuji Television. “Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball‘s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”

“When I joined Toei Animation, one of my first assignments saw me working on the production of Dragon Ball Z,” said Atsushi Kido, producer for Toei Animation. “While there for only a short period of time, being a part of the series left a lasting impression. We look forward to carrying on Dragon Ball‘s tremendous legacy, bringing audiences a brand new Dragon Ball with the same sense of heart and commitment that went into past Dragon Ball productions.”

“I’ve used the word ‘cho’ (super) in so many commercials, games and other media, it is fantastic that the long awaited Dragon Ball Super will finally begin,” said Masako Nozawa, Japanese voice actress of Dragon Ball’s Son Goku, Son Gohan and Son Goten. “I hope that this series will last a long time and have the same impact around the world as its predecessor.”

Inb4 Dragonball AF
Falbere
Posted: Jun 13 2015, 08:50 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Ehh, they won't mess this up too, right? RIGHT?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
tsukikomi
  Posted: Jun 13 2015, 09:14 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

Hmm, You know sometimes I forget other forums exist.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 12:45 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Already knew about this since Fukkatsu no F released. It's real. Funimation is on board.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnCwc5N7Y6o )
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
takumi333
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 03:33 AM

Mixmaster General

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,197

This'll probably be one of those franchises that's still going strong in 50 years.

Anyways I look forward to watching it.

This post has been edited by takumi333 on Jun 14 2015, 03:34 AM
tsukikomi
  Posted: Jun 14 2015, 12:20 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 1:45 AM)
Already knew about this since Fukkatsu no F released. It's real. Funimation is on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnCwc5N7Y6o

Well I'm not sticking around for the dubs.
takumi333
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 02:34 PM

Mixmaster General

Based on Funimation's success with Space Dandy they may simuldub this one as well.
tsukikomi
  Posted: Jun 14 2015, 03:21 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

QUOTE (takumi333 @ 46 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Based on Funimation's success with Space Dandy they may simuldub this one as well.

I just don't like dubs in general.
APX
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 04:04 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Then don't watch the dub, simple.
takumi333
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 04:15 PM

Mixmaster General

Same here, no dubs for me (anime, foreign films, etc.) with some exceptions:

Ranma 1/2
old school kung fu or euro crime english dubs

But I do understand their importance. In the beginning that was the only way one could watch Dragon Ball Z, except for some subbed bootleg VHS tapes I bought on eBay, but keep in mind that this was almost 20 years ago!
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 01:22 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

I'm actually really getting a hankering to rewatch Dragon Ball. I doubt this new series will be anything good, but at least it reminded me to revisit the series.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 01:31 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
I'm actually really getting a hankering to rewatch Dragon Ball. I doubt this new series will be anything good, but at least it reminded me to revisit the series.

Why would there be a thought that this would be a bad series? The original author is writing the fucking thing. There is no reason why it would be terrible under his watchful eye.

If it's anything like the storytelling from Fukkatsu no F, it'll be great.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 01:33 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Why would there be a thought that this would be a bad series? The original author is writing the fucking thing. There is no reason why it would be terrible under his watchful eye.

If it's anything like the storytelling from Fukkatsu no F, it'll be great.

That's a plus, but it's not a guarantee of quality. But then again, I haven't seen anything past GT, so I can't say much more than I don't know if the new series will be good. I doubt it because anything milked as long as Dragon Ball has been is usually stale, but I hope I'm wrong.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 01:38 PM

Group Icon

Check out the two theatrical films that came out recently. Toriyama was involved, and it shows.
GoP-Demon
  Posted: Jun 19 2015, 05:35 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,878

I wonder if Xenoverse will somehow come into play. Whis from the last 2 movies seems to have some sort of time powers as well... which might tie in with xenoverse.

actually I googled the plot.... so far goku is a farmer and goten and trunks are looking for a present.

The poster shows a fat beerus and female whis counter part.

This post has been edited by GoP-Demon on Jun 19 2015, 05:41 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 19 2015, 09:05 PM

Group Icon

I hope Xenoverse doesn't get a tie in. That game is garbage.
GoP-Demon
Posted: Jun 21 2015, 02:41 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

The first manga chapter came out and it just seems like battle of the gods movie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
W.A.R
Posted: Jun 21 2015, 06:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

Dragonball is too much, they messed up when they made the characters WAY to damn powerful, now they have to bring gods into the mix. You can only go so far with this series.

Whats more powerful than a God?

*Kratos*
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2015, 07:07 PM

Group Icon

Well, there were established tiers of deities since the beginning of the series. Beerus is the only legitimate one so far that is confirmed as having dominion over multiple dimensions. The Super Saiyajin God level of power is said to be a God, but is not actually a figure of authority in the universe. Goku and Vegeta are simply the most powerful beings in their specific dimension/universe, but there are many others to test themselves in. This little nugget, which was mentioned in Battle of Gods, is what probably spawned the concept of this series.

Also, nobody has been able to defeat Whis yet, so there's that. He's FAR more powerful than Beerus.
tsukikomi
  Posted: Jun 21 2015, 10:20 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 3 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Dragonball is too much, they messed up when they made the characters WAY to damn powerful, now they have to bring gods into the mix. You can only go so far with this series.

Whats more powerful than a God?

*Kratos*

Actually we need them to be even more op.
r35gtr
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 01:13 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

am I the only one who hates dragonball? they spend more time talking than actualy fighting (I cannot finish the Freeza saga because of the talking/nagging/whinning). they will just punch each other for ten seconds then start to talk again!!
Tessou
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 01:32 PM

Group Icon

Congratulations on having the same hilarious opinion of DBZ that's been shared for over a decade.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 02:34 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
Congratulations on having the same hilarious opinion of DBZ that's been shared for over a decade.

This. Sorry, but I always have been and always will be a Dragonball fan. Say what you want, but it's a franchise close to my heart. Time to go play some more Extreme Butoden.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 23 2015, 02:34 PM
xiao
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 05:37 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

The movies are pure sex. I don't mind the 30 episode power charging dialogues, they're pretty similar to pro-wres. My only gripe with the TV show is the animation quality is like watching Nitori get down~ from frame to frame.

My favourite arc... has to be that intergalactic tourney where Goku goes up against that frog looking towelie-head, and gets disqualified for bouncing off the domed roof's unspecified out of bounds spot.

My favourite character... definietly has to be teen-Gohan wearing the most badass butsu-gi this side of Capsule Corp, ie. Piccolo's uniform. ^__^v
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DamienWolf
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 11:03 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Being a fanboy (and having watched a few of the episodes), Im not loving the fact they de-powered a few of the characters we have come to know as pretty strong.

Yeah, they did have some shitty explanation. But c'mon... why so much Gohan hate??

2 Pages  1 2