Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Melissa White & Ace - Switch!

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,160  ·  Replies: 93 
> Drift Rebels Japan UPDATE: 1/4/15
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 23 2014, 01:14 AM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

So the story would be more like a visual novel, right? By chance, would you need voices for the characters? I can provide you some if you don't mind or if you're in need of such, my VA talent and others that I'm associated with.

I suggest making dialogue choices to give multiple endings and rival selections based on the players' decision - that way they're not confined to racing against just the same plot rival but to multiple ones depending on their choices.

I'm liking the progress bro. Keep it up.

For the sake of Car AI, rather than have them be confined to just 1 driving style or pace, why not give it 2 or 3 and when the game loads, they're chosen at random via random select prior to VSing the player, that way players can learn to adjust and gives it the sensation like they're racing against actual players / rivals.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 23 2014, 07:15 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,962

Yes, I have a visual novel toolkit that should let us create a visual novel style story. As for gameplay modes, I need to see where we go with the game and story. By all means, keep the ideas coming.
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Dec 23 2014, 10:37 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,461

radicool.

Just sent you a couple characters and cars. This is coming along nicely smile.gif At this point every game I've worked on has been canned lol.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 23 2014, 04:02 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Checking my PMs now.

As of the end of January, we'll have 250 published games on iOS. This game WILL see the light of day. The big question is, with what features will it ship with?

My goal for today is building a prototype and video if possible.
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 24 2014, 06:44 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,347

If it helps, I'm studying games design as of Jan '15. Its' a 16 month course and will supply me with a gaming laptop to help design games along the way with it.

I'm not really confident with the Game OST's I'm doing, I'm bad at layering but I mma work on it.

I'll help with other fields of the game project as well.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 24 2014, 10:17 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Ken, so far, the tracks you've been making meet my quality standard. We just need longer songs so if you can meet or beat the quality of tracks you've been giving me, I think we'll be in good hands. I believe in you.

I started college as a music major so you're welcome to send me the tracks and if I have suggestions or any advice to give you, I'll let you know and we can work on them together.

My best friend does recording and mastering. If we need guitar tracks or extra spice, I may be able to get him to help us out.
KENZZ
Posted: Jan 2 2015, 10:03 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,347

Just wondering on the progression of this Project? I haven't heard from you guys in a while.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jan 3 2015, 08:40 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Hey Kenzz

Good stuff happening. I'll update the main post with the latest news.
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 5 2015, 09:32 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

Nice progress! Glad you talked to Ken Blast as part of considering his music.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jan 10 2015, 09:20 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Thanks, I haven't heard back from him after the first contact which is odd since he seemed very open to licensing his tracks. We've slowed down a bit on production. We lost a project file with the first build that I was planning on tweaking. It's not a big setback overall but it does eliminate me getting an early video preview. We're going to build it again from the ground up, properly.

Here's the vehicle roster we have at present. We'll be adding to this of Course

Trueno
RX-7 FD
NSX
R-34 Skyline GT-R
Castrol Celica GT4

To help fund development we'll be launching a Tokyo highway driving game hopefully next week. I'll keep you guys updated on that.

Falbere
Posted: Jan 10 2015, 10:17 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (Shiroboi @ 57 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
Castrol Celica GT4

This got me interested. So will the model come with Castrol red and green vinyls? Or rally fog lights/vents? Which generation Celica GT4?

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jan 10 2015, 10:22 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jan 11 2015, 03:21 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yes, it's the celica with the red and green vinyls. But for copyright reasons, I don't think I could include it in the game unless I'd change the paintjob. It's still up in the air.
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 11 2015, 05:23 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Shiroboi @ 2 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Yes, it's the celica with the red and green vinyls.  But for copyright reasons, I don't think I could include it in the game unless I'd change the paintjob.  It's still up in the air.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I think as long as you don't include the trademarks like Castrol within the visuals, the red and green vinyls are fair use.

By the way, will you be implementing different drivetrain physics? Such as FR will behave differently from 4WD or MR

Or will it be all drifting? Grip vs drift?

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Jan 11 2015, 05:24 PM
Shiroboi
  Posted: Jan 11 2015, 05:30 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Primarily, I think I want to focus on drifting so we'll most likely be sticking to RWD and 4WD.

Yes, I can change drivetrain layout. Currently the Trueno is RWD and can produce some pretty nice burnouts. I'm still struggling with the physics though. I built a setting where the car handles and drives great, looses a little traction at start which looks realistic. The car can powerslide sideways and then recover but I haven't been able to add oversteer through acceleration yet. Gassing it recovers the car which is the opposite of a drift car. It's handling more like a FWD car would. Still very fun but I feel like it may need something else for a drift game.

Gunma's 34
Posted: Jan 13 2015, 05:12 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

Back to the Celica, there are 2 Celica Rally cars that pose the Red & Green Castrol Livery, is it the ST185 or the ST205? And you can rename the Celica as the Celica GT-Four Rally or Celica GT-Four Kai
Falbere
Posted: Jan 13 2015, 06:11 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 58 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Back to the Celica, there are 2 Celica Rally cars that pose the Red & Green Castrol Livery, is it the ST185 or the ST205? And you can rename the Celica as the Celica GT-Four Rally or Celica GT-Four Kai

Something I meant to ask too, the ST185 or ST205 smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Eklipsed
Posted: Jan 16 2015, 07:35 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 6,082

Will you be adding controller support? I'd love to load this on my amazon fire tv (or whatever android tv box i may have when the game is released).
Meteor
Posted: Jan 18 2015, 09:53 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Why did it take me so long to notice the new development-related post in this thread?
Yes, I can change drivetrain layout. Currently the Trueno is RWD and can produce some pretty nice burnouts. I'm still struggling with the physics though. I built a setting where the car handles and drives great, looses a little traction at start which looks realistic. The car can powerslide sideways and then recover but I haven't been able to add oversteer through acceleration yet. Gassing it recovers the car which is the opposite of a drift car. It's handling more like a FWD car would. Still very fun but I feel like it may need something else for a drift game.

Yeah. That's mainly down to the fact that unlike with more realistic approaches to tire physics (where longitudinal and lateral grip are interrelated), when it comes to Unity's default tire physics longitudinal and lateral grip act completely independent of one another. Spinning a wheel under power doesn't cause it to lose cornering ability, and sliding a wheel at a suboptimal lateral speed (if the friction curves are set that way) won't keep it from having full acceleration capabilities.
Basically, you'll have to script it so that meeting certain conditions temporarily decreases the cornering stiffness of the rear tire colliders. In this case I think you could first try something like having the rear cornering stiffness decrease under braking (and maybe decrease the front stiffness a little too, depending on how much braking stability you want), and then keep the rear cornering stiffness decreased if the player holds down the throttle - having it quickly and smoothly begin returning to normal stiffness every time the player releases the throttle, in which case getting on the throttle makes it begin decreasing again. Then maybe the car could exit from this drift mode if a getvariable is used to find the car's lateral velocity or rotational momentum, and the script detects the car's lateral velocity/rotational momentum has been within a certain minimal value for a certain amount of time (though I'm not sure if a getvariable can be used this way in Unity). Or maybe it could simply exit drift mode if the rear cornering stiffness has stayed above a certain value long enough. And then maybe you could figure something out from there.

I won't say getting the sort of cornering physics you're going for is going to be easy, because it'll possibly take quite a bit of fine tuning to get things feeling right in Unity. I hope this post ends up being of some help to you there though.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Feb 11 2015, 03:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

To respond to everyone's questions. I'm going to make a new thread on Game status but I'll answer your specific questions here. Sorry for not responding, have been busy lately and haven't had too much progress pertaining to the game in January.

Falbere, it's the 205 I believe with the 4 round headlights.

Eklipsed, I've had issues previously publishing for Amazon and would need to buy a Kindle fire TV. Then again, my buddy has some for testing so maybe we could borrow one. I'll say it's a possibility above and beyond building the game for PC. We'll see.

Meteor, I think I cracked it. I got really fed up with the controls and sat down and reconfigured them from scratch. This time I think I got it. The problems I had before are gone. Accelerating does increase the drift and I changed the brake balance to stabilize the car. You do need to be deliberate about drifting and it's hard to maintain an extremely long and pretty drift, but the tradeoff is that the cars are fast.

New Update Coming, Check the main page.

4 Pages  « 2 3 4