Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 13 unique listeners, playing Mickey B. - Take Me Baby

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

401 Pages  « 399 400 401  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 251,533  ·  Replies: 10,003 
> Random Thoughts
umustwait101
Posted: 3 hours, 25 minutes ago

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (APX @ 17 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Two xiaos, feels like i'm back in the reyherks age, bunch of reets.

Maybe you can handle one xiao. But, can you handle two?

Join ussssss...
Tessou
  Posted: 2 hours, 40 minutes ago

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

One strike policy, guys. Any more calling each other stupid, or retarded, or any other putdown, gets a warning for disrespectful conduct.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: 2 hours, 8 minutes ago

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

An adult has entered the room.

So... I was in the market for a SNES classic. Those things are being targeted by scalpers. I think Nintendo is a victim of its own success. Pre-orders have been all over the place. I hope they're setting limits to how many you can buy. Maybe also having a captcha can help. But yeah, it's been a terrible experience, just like looking for the NES classic.

Surprisingly, I was able to snag two NES classics after the hype had died down a little, but before they discontinued it. Just one Saturday morning, I was bored, and decided to check online. Found that they had gotten a new shipment in. I drove to three Walmarts to find them. It seemed each Walmart had only gotten three systems each. I got one from the second Walmart. There were two others. I asked if I could get two. The cashier said, "no". I didn't want to push it, because I didn't want to be "that guy". Went to the third Walmart. They had three on display. There was a girl who was being very abrasive, asking about the systems. The cashier led us to the aisle, and she wanted two. I got the last one. Before you judge me, one was for me, and the other was for my brother. And because they each came with only one controller, by having two, we had two controllers to play together with. I didn't know how good of a deal I got, until it was announced later on that they were discontinuing the system (a really stupid move, in my opinion).

I think the story will be similar with the SNES classic. Stay vigilant. Keep on the lookout. Don't get worked up and frustrated. Once the hype has died down a bit, I'm thinking maybe either sometime in late October, early November or December, go get it. The other way would be to hope that Nintendo produces way more than the actual demand, scalpers buy them up, and can't get rid of them, and have to lower the price back down.

I don't think there's any way for us to deal with scalpers other than to just not buy from them. But, the real solution would have to come from Nintendo. They'd have to flood the market with a sufficient supply of goods so that scalpers can't sell any at a ridiculous markup.
Nomake Wan
Posted: 29 minutes, 38 seconds ago

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Or...don't buy into the hype and just emulate. Pretty sure you could make your own SNES Classic for cheaper and out of much more readily-available parts. Which was the same story with the NES Classic.

If you want it for the nostalgia or collectability factor, well, okay, go for it. But if you honestly want a game console...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't think so Tim.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project

401 Pages  « 399 400 401