Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dejo & Bratt - In The Eyes Of A Tiger

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 12,266  ·  Replies: 10 
> Yuri Recommendations, Someone want to recommend a series?
Seri
  Posted: Apr 10 2013, 03:08 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

So, who wants to recommend Shoujo-ai/yuri to the GL-fanatic of the board? awesome.gif

I have seen Aoi Hana (Probably one of my favorite anime of all time), Strawberry Panic (I own everything. derp.gif), Sasameki Koto (I just remember getting angry over the ending), Candy Boy (Which is not yaoi, odd title because of that), and Kannazuki no Miko. (Giant Robots + Yuri + confusing plot)

So, any other ones I'm missing out on?

Manga recs are okay, as well!~ (I've read most of them, though.) Ah, and dramas. Love My Life is a good one.

P.S. Girl Friends = Best thing ever. Akko x Mari forever! laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2013, 03:49 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

user posted image

First thing that came to mind. Also there's YuruYuri and Shoujo Sect...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
  Posted: Apr 10 2013, 03:51 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj542/...48119264603.jpg

First thing that came to mind. Also there's YuruYuri and Shoujo Sect...

Does YuruYuri count as Shoujo-ai? Other than Chitose's fantasizing, anyways? Huh, I guess it could... Never really thought about it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2013, 03:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Chitose does fantasize, yes, but at the bare minimum the Ayano x Kyouko dynamic qualifies the show.

Also, as posted in the image above, Gunbuster. And its sequel, Diebuster. Seriously. No, seriously. No, seriously. Go watch them. Why are you still sitting here asking what to watch.
Seri
  Posted: Apr 10 2013, 04:04 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
Chitose does fantasize, yes, but at the bare minimum the Ayano x Kyouko dynamic qualifies the show.

Also, as posted in the image above, Gunbuster. And its sequel, Diebuster. Seriously. No, seriously. No, seriously. Go watch them. Why are you still sitting here asking what to watch.

Gunbuster, it is, then. cool.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2013, 04:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

Oh crap! I just realized that the above image doesn't mention one of the greatest recent sci-fi shows with a no-two-ways-about-it yuri relationship!! Like seriously it's not implied, it's just plain shown.

Bodacious Space Pirates!

Seriously.

Also, while I haven't seen it myself--I couldn't make it past the second episode--apparently Saki and its sequel of a similar name are heavy in the implied-girls-love-relationships-everywhere.

I also didn't see you mention the classics, the series just about anyone with a shred of knowledge associates with the genre. Utena and MariMite?
Seri
  Posted: Apr 10 2013, 04:10 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 minute, 51 seconds ago)
Oh crap! I just realized that the above image doesn't mention one of the greatest recent sci-fi shows with a no-two-ways-about-it yuri relationship!! Like seriously it's not implied, it's just plain shown.

Bodacious Space Pirates!

Seriously.

Also, while I haven't seen it myself--I couldn't make it past the second episode--apparently Saki and its sequel of a similar name are heavy in the implied-girls-love-relationships-everywhere.

I also didn't see you mention the classics, the series just about anyone with a shred of knowledge associates with the genre. Utena and MariMite?

FUU- I fail. T.T How could I forget them?! T.T *inserts stream of sad emotes* And yeah, I watched Saki.

EDIT: And MariMite I have even less of an excuse for, considering I even watched the live action that no one really remembers.

This post has been edited by KyoukoFD3S on Apr 10 2013, 04:12 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:04 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Hold on, Turn A Gundam is on this list? But why? Master N1, forgive me for my massive amounts of ignorance! I just must ask! *bows deeply a thousand times* derp.gif
Vortrex
Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:16 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Kiss x Sis has a bit Yuri, okay lots of Yuri! laugh2.gif

SPOILER

And you have Kanamemo and A channel, there are some bits of Yuri in it.

Btw, does Saki has Yuri????? blink.gif I thought it was a Mahjong Anime... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Apr 11 2013, 12:20 AM
Seri
  Posted: Apr 11 2013, 02:26 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 2 hours, 9 minutes ago)
Kiss x Sis has a bit Yuri, okay lots of Yuri!  laugh2.gif

SPOILER

And you have Kanamemo and A channel, there are some bits of Yuri in it.

Btw, does Saki has Yuri?????  blink.gif  I thought it was a Mahjong Anime... tongue.gif

Saki is heavily implied yuri.

And A-Channel... The GL fanatic is forgetting all of these. T.T

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by KyoukoFD3S on Apr 11 2013, 02:47 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 11 2013, 06:15 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Hold on, Turn A Gundam is on this list? But why? Master N1, forgive me for my massive amounts of ignorance! I just must ask! *bows deeply a thousand times* derp.gif

Because Dianna and Khiel are... very curious about one another.

"Oh... so this is what I look like from behind..."