Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Mega NRG Man - Rock Me feat. Kiko Loureiro

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,708  ·  Replies: 12 
> Fear the Walking Dead
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 4 2015, 11:23 AM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

While it is still in the Walking Dead universe, they are 2 completely different shows and therefore I believe that they deserve different threads.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 660 x 350. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'm surprised that no one is talking about Fear the Walking Dead. Here's my synopsis: A spin-off of AMC's hit TV series, Fear the Walking Dead begins itself in urban Los Angeles in the days before the zombie outbreak begins. We follow a drug addict, Nick, and his family through the seemingly normal life of Angelenos until the dead begin to not really die. No one knows what's happening (which I think it is the hugest load of crap ever) and the native people of Los Angeles (apparently everyone who lives in the city is a Social Justice Warrior) begin to riot at LAPD shooting up the walking dead. Will Nick and his family survive this outbreak? What will happen to metropolis of LA as it falls into chaos? Stay tuned! Fear the Walking Dead premieres with new episodes every Sunday night at 9PM PST!

Here are my initial thoughts on the show, I was super hyped when it was announced. A Walking Dead in a non-rural/densely populated area covering the beginning of the apocalypse? Sign me up! Setting itself in LA there are a couple of scenes from the show that I recognize which is cool. Now that there are 5 episodes out. I'm significantly less hype... My only gripe--probably the hugest thing stopping me from enjoying my viewing experience--is the fact that the main cast of characters sucks. Not not talking about the actors, I don't care much for them and I think they are doing a fine job, its just them as people in the show. Nick is a druggy and annoying as hell. Christopher and Alicia are stupid as fuck. Both Travis and Madison are fucking delusional. Everything is ok? Those people are just sick and they can be cured!?!

Most of all, what the hell is up Fear the Walking Dead's representation of everyone in LA!?! I have lived in close proximity to LA and some other members actually live in the city and I know for a fact they do not all act like this. Whenever there are police shootings or the authorities do something stupid, there are little rallies and protests that are controlled for the most part. So why did the show's representations of the citizens of LA start saying fuck the police?!? Sure the LA school system sucks and most of the population is probably uneducated, but I don't believe that they are this stupid. I don't even understand anymore.

I'm trying to understand the rational for this and like this show, but its hard and maybe its because I'm comparing it to Walking Dead. But I know for sure that I'm going to stick it out for as long as I can manage. Based off of where we left after episode 4, I think the plot is going to start heading places.

Thoughts? Anyone else watching this?
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 02:00 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Most of all, what the hell is up Fear the Walking Dead's representation of everyone in LA!?! I have lived in close proximity to LA and some other members actually live in the city and I know for a fact they do not all act like this. Whenever there are police shootings or the authorities do something stupid, there are little rallies and protests that are controlled for the most part. So why did the show's representations of the citizens of LA start saying fuck the police?!? Sure the LA school system sucks and most of the population is probably uneducated, but I don't believe that they are this stupid. I don't even understand anymore.

Not all, sure, but as a foreigner with a couple big cities for comparison, I have seen a ton of absolute dropkicks in the LA area. laugh.gif

But yeah, show's kinda mediocre so far, really doesn't help that the cast aren't all that likable. Hell, just watched a Z-grade piss-take of zombie movies called The Walking Deceased, and even that had a more likable cast.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 02:32 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I think this is better off in the main thread since, as you said, nobody talks about it anyway.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 4 2015, 06:49 PM

Patient Zero

I've seen the Walking Deceased! Its hilarious. I think of it as a great satirical analysis of the recent zombie movies.

I've caught up with the episodes and I guys things are picking up. I still don't like the cast, I'm not sure if I ever will. laugh.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
r35gtr
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 09:43 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,063

I love anything that is zombie related. I do not care if it is a B movie as long as there are zombies, I am in.

Now I have watched the first 6 episodes of the said series but somehow,. I feel the episodes as "useless " in a sense because you know that the military can not contain it.

it does not mean it is less entertaining, just knowing that shit will happen removed the suspense factor a bit.

I would be interested in seeing how the series develop. maybe they are still alive in rick Grime's timeline.

any way if zombie apocalypse where to happen tommorow, all I can say is bring it on since my 3 month supply of candy just came in!!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 1280. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 10:34 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 47 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
I love anything that is zombie related.  I do not care if it is a B movie as long as there are zombies, I am in.

Now I have watched the first 6 episodes of the said series but somehow,. I feel the episodes as "useless " in a sense because you know that the military can not contain it.

it does not mean it is less entertaining, just knowing that shit will happen removed the suspense factor a bit.

I would be interested in seeing how the series develop. maybe they are still alive in rick Grime's timeline.

any way if zombie apocalypse where to happen tommorow, all I can say is bring it on since my 3 month supply of candy just came in!!

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/...va.jpg~original

I have the hugest crush on Chris Redfield... user posted image

Let's see... if I had the choice of having any food in the world to survive World War Zed, it'd have to be Lawson's Tuna/Mayo Onigiri~

Quick question though... what's the difference between Whoppers and Maltesers? unsure.gif

Cause Maltesers are nothing but a Matrix caveman dance orgy in my mouth! grin2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 10:36 PM

Group Icon

Enjoy your cavities, but Fear the Walking Dead is a shitty series and deserves the low ratings it received.

The zombies move faster than the plot.
r35gtr
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 10:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

Maltesers is whoppper diluted in water. The taste are so different. Whoppers would win hands down on any
Given day. Its like comparing takumi to kenji or iketani

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SgtXDNX
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 10:44 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Whoppers are crappy Hershey chocolate, Malteser are awesome-tier Mars chocolate.

Much like this show compared to the mainline Walking Dead series. laugh.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2015, 11:08 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Tessou)
Enjoy your cavities, but Fear the Walking Dead is a shitty series and deserves the low ratings it received.

hahaha, I remember trying to watch a single episode last January and thinking to myself... god, this the most boring TV show in the world. And the characters... it's like they hired random hillbillies, hit them with a ruler until their quirky personality matched a saucepan, and told them they're now zombies. I was looking at my watch waiting for the most boring hour of my life to end... and believe me, I've sat through the dullest homilies cowboy priests can offer. Resi video games still top the cake for me as far as the zombie genre goes. grin2.gif

QUOTE (r35gtr)
Whoppers

QUOTE (SgtXDNX)
Maltesers

Okie dokies... I think we need the scientific method to crack this mystery wide open. As soon as my head stop spinnin' from getting smashed with my cat for thanksgiving; I'm heading off to go do a taste test... in the meantime, let's see what a nerdy yank and a couple of Canterbury strawberry creams have to say~

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLne7S-D7o )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FR-5cwxWOU )
r35gtr
Posted: Nov 27 2015, 12:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 0 minutes ago)

it does not mean that if you eat candies you will get cavities or get fat. just eat it in moderation.

Maltesers is not my thing.

Back to topic:

what strikes me is that the characters where not developed properly. and the junkie can fight of zombies?
Tessou
Posted: Nov 27 2015, 01:23 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 46 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
it does not mean that if you eat candies you will get cavities or get fat. just eat it in moderation.

Maltesers is not my thing.

Back to topic:

what strikes me is that the characters where not developed properly. and the junkie can fight of zombies?

But in your example of having a ton of candy as prep for the apocalypse, you're looking forward to a nutrition deficiency. I am not incorrect.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 2 2015, 07:45 PM

Patient Zero

I think Fear has its own pros and cons. Being set in an urban environment is definitely different from the countrysides of Georgia where the original series is located. I'm interested in watching the webisodes, but I can never find the time to watch them.