Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Silent White

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 269,430  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
samtruong200
Posted: Jul 8 2017, 08:29 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,569

Is anybody able to play with a 360 controller? I can't map the gas and brake to the controller
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 9 2017, 06:57 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (samtruong200 @ Yesterday, 8:29 AM)
Is anybody able to play with a 360 controller? I can't map the gas and brake to the controller

You could map it to RT and LT, and then make sure you have both Full Axis and Reverse Axis are both checked for both sets.

In my case for example I have brake mapped to LT and gas to RT and it writes there Z- and Z+ for Gas Axis and Brake Axis respectively.

You can map the car steering to left analog by clicking "Wheel Axis" then moving the stick. Make sure it writes "X-" in the box before saving. Also map gear up and gear down to something.

In addition, it's also advisable to have things like Start, View Select, Menu Up, Menu Down, Menu Left and Menu right mapped.

I don't know whether there are any limitations but I was able to play a full regular game on Akina DH with the default car settings. Hope this helps.

I'm going to try find my old G25 and set it up again, but am using a 360 controller in the meantime.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 9 2017, 07:45 AM
Falbere
Posted: Jul 9 2017, 09:03 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

It had been a while since I posted on this forum, but here to confirm it does work with a Xbox 360 controller. I actually uses a PS4 controller. With the use of DS4Windows (thanks Jays2Kings!), it made the controller appear as XInput and everything is fine. One major issue that I had found is the inability to step on the brakes and the throttle at the same time. Not sure if I am the only one with this problem, or the creator of Teknoparrot overlooked something.
user posted image
Video game-play soon!

Edit:
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGSnrzqDKA )

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jul 9 2017, 12:23 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 08:36 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,633

Any tips for newbies? This is my first IDAS game since the series went HD.

How do I corner fast in this game? Coming from playing IDAS 3 for a long time, none of my techniques like eraser and TST seem to work and I keep on hitting the walls like crazy. The best I can manage is a 2'43''xxx on Myogi with a EK9. A 3'17'' on Akina and a 3'09'' in Iro. How do I become better?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 09:34 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I can't even manage 3'19 on Akina on the emulator with a wheel........and I played this game a lot back in the day lol. pinch2.gif

Best I can say from memory to accumulate as much as gold drifts as possible, because you get a boost immediately getting a gold drift. Even if you slow down while attempting it, the net effect when executed well is that you become faster. This is pretty much the basic rule of thumb in the game.

D6 can be summed up as trying drifting as many corners as you can manage, no matter how minor the corner. Usually initiated with a BC, which is quick tap on brake and accel.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 10 2017, 09:35 AM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 11:05 AM

IDW Senior Member

Even a FF can drift now?

Are there any recommended cars for beginners? Tried that full spec setting posted earlier in the thread and the EK now understeers like hell. Is that really the true full spec? Because once I try Nagao or Tsuchisaka, I will rape the wall with that car lol

What about the Trueno? Or the S2000? Are they a good choice?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 09:57 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Both AE86s are good all round choices (arguably too good). S2000 is also good choice but best for Tsukuba OB.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 10:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Falbere @ Yesterday, 9:03 AM)
It had been a while since I posted on this forum, but here to confirm it does work with a Xbox 360 controller. I actually uses a PS4 controller. With the use of DS4Windows (thanks Jays2Kings!), it made the controller appear as XInput and everything is fine. One major issue that I had found is the inability to step on the brakes and the throttle at the same time. Not sure if I am the only one with this problem, or the creator of Teknoparrot overlooked something.

It's because the trigger shares an axis rather than being a separate input. It means the loader isn't able to discern between the two. It's half a driver issue, half a loader issue. Since it's unlikely the loader folks are going to fix it (since the arcade cab handles them as separate inputs), you're better off going through your controller's driver settings and looking for a way to separate the axes.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
holnivek
Posted: Jul 10 2017, 11:30 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

QUOTE (freedom1104 @ Jul 8 2017, 06:21 AM)
Oh ya. For the logitech thingy,

On global device setting

Try disable all the FFB parameter ( all down to 0)and tick center spring and put it at 0%

Then tick the specific steering angle  and lock it at 270.

untick report combined pedal

untick allow game to change setting.

Do not create game profile first and  try this ( delete it if you have a profile)

Mine was like that thou.

Anytime can default it one so yeah i dont have a concern on changing it XD

I don't see prompts like that in my global device setting. I'm using the G29 and tweaking it through LGS, is that what you do too?

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 10:34 AM)
Best I can say from memory to accumulate as much as gold drifts as possible, because you get a boost immediately getting a gold drift. Even if you slow down while attempting it, the net effect when executed well is that you become faster. This is pretty much the basic rule of thumb in the game.

D6 can be summed up as trying drifting as many corners as you can manage, no matter how minor the corner. Usually initiated with a BC, which is quick tap on brake and accel.

So you get gold drifts even in offline games? Man, I've been trying to minimize drifting seeing how much it reduced my speed pinch2.gif

Also, I heard you need to manage your tires in D6. What's the deal with that? Do your tires lose grip if you drift too much?
streetstyle
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 02:48 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 45,169

is this true that it will only run with Nivida graphics card?

Also what spec PC will run this well??
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 03:50 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (streetstyle @ 47 minutes, 20 seconds ago)

It can run on AMD, but you need to fiddle with the settings a lot. I don't know what needs to be done though but I hear that someone is working on sort of a settings guide or files to help streamline the process for new users with AMD cards. You might want to ask the Teknogods forum for that if someone already posted it.

I don't know the recommended specs but it's not too high.

QUOTE (holnivek @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
So you get gold drifts even in offline games? Man, I've been trying to minimize drifting seeing how much it reduced my speed  pinch2.gif

Also, I heard you need to manage your tires in D6. What's the deal with that? Do your tires lose grip if you drift too much?

I can't remember well anymore but tire management basically means not wasting too much boost. Means try to purposely drive slower else you will run out of boost at the last section of the race. But I'm under the impression this part of the game has been nerfed considerably compared to D5, where it was a huge part of the game.

Really my advice is just as follows: avoid hitting walls, get as many gold drifts as possible.

I have an old Akina DH video I made back in the day that might be showing something like that:

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/BTtsx7zqSXk )

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 11 2017, 03:55 AM
freedom1104
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 04:50 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,590

QUOTE (holnivek @ 5 hours, 19 minutes ago)

I don't see prompts like that in my global device setting. I'm using the G29 and tweaking it through LGS, is that what you do too?

So you get gold drifts even in offline games? Man, I've been trying to minimize drifting seeing how much it reduced my speed pinch2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

this menu
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 05:38 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (streetstyle @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)

No, a guy called Avail has made a mod called idlogger to support non nVidia GPUs. I'm using it on a RX 480.

No tweaking is needed, just paste the 'plugins' folder and the dinput8.dll in the game folder (where id6_dump_.exe is) and you will be fine. But since the mod is a WIP, the graphics aren't as pretty as the arcade. Rain and night time are fugly in particular but day is pretty much the same except the reflections.

@Sonic: Damn, the Project.D Trueno is amazing. Now I have a 2'39 in Myogi and Akagi, a 3'14 at Akina and a 3'02 at Iro. The gold drifts are helping out a lot. Thanks for the tip.

This post has been edited by GoodOldGunman on Jul 11 2017, 05:39 AM
Falbere
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 05:58 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 2:26 PM)
It's because the trigger shares an axis rather than being a separate input. It means the loader isn't able to discern between the two. It's half a driver issue, half a loader issue. Since it's unlikely the loader folks are going to fix it (since the arcade cab handles them as separate inputs), you're better off going through your controller's driver settings and looking for a way to separate the axes.

I doubt that it is a DS4Windows drivers issue. This is because I just tried to play GTA V using the controller with the exact same drivers and no changes, when I held down both triggers, the car in GTA V does a burnout. This shows that the driver is treating the trigger as 2 different axes, and I am fairly certain Xinput either can, or already handles both triggers as separate axes.

Well, TeknoParrot is still in its early stages of development anyway.
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:09 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Falbere @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Well, TeknoParrot is still in its early stages of development anyway.

It is a problem with Initial D, not the loader. The game was not designed with controllers in mind. Since most wheels like the G29 have the accel and brake on separate axes, they never had to consider the possibility of someone using a controller.
Falbere
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 10:42 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)
It is a problem with Initial D, not the loader. The game was not designed with controllers in mind. Since most wheels like the G29 have the accel and brake on separate axes, they never had to consider the possibility of someone using a controller.

The game is not taking in controller input directly. The game is being fed wheel and pedal information, which the loader had sent based on the controller inputs.
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 08:38 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Falbere @ 9 hours, 56 minutes ago)
The game is not taking in controller input directly. The game is being fed wheel and pedal information, which the loader had sent based on the controller inputs.

But what if the game itself handles them that way? Most arcade racing games handle the accel and brake on different axes. Battle Gear 4 does so too. Besides is the ability to brake and accel at the same time really needed? Some guy out there on Youtube has gotten close-to-WR times using a DualShock 4 controller, which AFAIK doesn't have its triggers on different axes.

Reaver should focus on getting the card system to work instead of this. Maybe later on he can add proper support for controllers
jon360x
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 08:44 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1qqjgTgQXc )

my gameplay of Akina DH with an xbox 360 controller >_>

This post has been edited by jon360x on Jul 12 2017, 08:50 AM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 09:14 AM

IDW Senior Member

How do you do that? ohmy.gif

I am using an AE86 too but i can never achieve those cornering speeds. Best i can do now is a 3'12''4xx on Akina. When I drift, my car goes too much sideways and I end up relying on Gold drift boost to pull me out. I am usually at 115 km/h at the apex.

Can you give me a few pointers on how to drift faster? And how do I handle continuous left-right-left-right turns like the ones in Happo and Nagao?
Falbere
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 10:07 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
But what if the game itself handles them that way? Most arcade racing games handle the accel and brake on different axes. Battle Gear 4 does so too. Besides is the ability to brake and accel at the same time really needed? Some guy out there on Youtube has gotten close-to-WR times using a DualShock 4 controller, which AFAIK doesn't have its triggers on different axes.

Reaver should focus on getting the card system to work instead of this. Maybe later on he can add proper support for controllers

The ability to step on the brake and gas at the same time is not "unimportant". There are certain alternate brake cancels that uses both gas and brake, and can be useful depending on situation. Time Attack is not the entire game. And no. The game itself does not handle them that way. I've played ver. 3 all the way to 8, I can tell you all of them had brake and gas on different axes. And we already know that accel and brake on different axes is already supported in TeknoParrot, as my G27 wheel/pedal combo work as intended. Thus, it is simply a very easy "fix" instead of something that would require Reaver to divert his attention from the card system.
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 10:58 AM

IDW Senior Member

When did I deny that the game handles the accel and brake on different axes? I exactly stated what you said.

The problem here is your controller has the triggers on the same axes. As far as the game is concerned, mapping the accel and brake to the triggers is the same as mapping them to analog stick up and down respectively. How would you accelerate and brake at the same time if you were using the stick instead? You can either push the stick up or down at a time so it is impossible. The controllers' trigger behave the same way.

Plus, the Ringedge ran Windows XP so the game natively uses DirectInput which can make the fix a bit more complicated for a X360 controller. Contrary to what most people think, DirectInput is a bit more advanced than Xinput despite in that it can handle much more axes than the latter and has better rumble support. So even if Reaver can make the triggers work like seperate axes, Xinput will probably fail to understand it so you need to rewrite the controller drivers to support DirectInput which is a lot of work. Either that or modify the game itself which is a headache.

Plus, did you try using the DirectInput mode of the DS4 instead of using DS4Windows? The controller does support it.

This post has been edited by GoodOldGunman on Jul 12 2017, 11:03 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 06:27 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (jon360x @ 9 hours, 42 minutes ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1qqjgTgQXc

my gameplay of Akina DH with an xbox 360 controller >_>

That's pretty impressive, I'm really struggling with D6 at the moment even with a wheel.

It's hard to one hand control my wheel, which I need to do when I switch gears. The centering is kind of strong and in a small wheel it's kind of hard to hold it.

Trying to experiments with all kind of settings to see any I'm comfortable with. Really having a tough time counter steering.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 12 2017, 09:23 PM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 12 2017, 09:29 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 3 hours, 1 minutes ago)
That's pretty impressive, I'm really struggling with D6 at the moment even with a wheel.

It's hard to one hand control my wheel, which I need to do when I switch gears. The centering is kind of strong and in a small wheel it's kind of hard to hold it.

Trying to experiments with all kind of settings to see any I'm comfortable with. Really having a tough time counter steering.

How do you handle the snake turns at Happo and Nagao? And how do you drift as fast as jon did in his vid?
Falbere
Posted: Jul 13 2017, 04:36 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ Today, 2:58 AM)
Plus, did you try using the DirectInput mode of the DS4 instead of using DS4Windows? The controller does support it.

Yes. I tried. No. It does not work.
In addition to that, I would like to remind you that Xinput is capable of handling 2 axes for the triggers, that is all that it matters.

As far as the game is concerned, mapping the accel and brake to the triggers is the same as mapping them to analog stick up and down respectively. How would you accelerate and brake at the same time if you were using the stick instead?

Yes I do know that, thanks for telling me despite the fact that I just told you that a few posts ago though.

No, my controller does not map them onto the same axis. My controller is incapable of mapping. TeknoParrot does.

And no, DirectInput is not "more advanced" than Xinput. They are completely different things. DirectInput handles devices such as mouse, keyboard and controllers, while Xinput is specifically for XBox controllers.

RingEdge runs on Windows Embedded 2009, not Windows XP. they are both built on the Windows NT kernel, but they are not the same thing. Does Embedded use DirectInput? Yes. In fact it uses DirectX, but that have nothing to do with anything, because the the game is not handling the inputs here when we are using the TeknoParrot loader.

So even if Reaver can make the triggers work like seperate axes, Xinput will probably fail to understand it so you need to rewrite the controller drivers to support DirectInput which is a lot of work.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? If you don't understand it stop pretending. Do you realize what was one of the key features of Xinput? Xinput was introduced because DirectInput drivers for the XBox 360 controller handles the left and right triggers as a single axis, and rumble does not work. Xinput is not some driver that needs to be written. It is also an API.

Anyway, I just updated my TeknoParrot and my issue had already been resolved. The latest version doesn't do that anymore and handles XInput properly. Big shoutout to Reaver, for spending the effort to "rewrite the controller drivers to support DirectInput which is a lot of work. Either that or modify the game itself which is a headache." dry.gif

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jul 13 2017, 04:39 AM
jon360x
Posted: Jul 13 2017, 05:08 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

@Falbere

wait... I met you on Rainbow Six Siege before haven't I?

I even asked you about it in game.

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 »