Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing uneasy

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,275  ·  Replies: 166 
> Anime and Manga Recommendations Thread, *See Title*
InitialDRulz
  Posted: Jan 23 2007, 01:15 AM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,912

Now I've been browsing through this section and i keep on seeing "anime that you are currently watching". Now, I wanna watch an anime that you guys recommend.

Now i don't wanna hear any mindless criticism like "That Anime is sh*t", or "it Sucks" just because you didn't enjoy it or it's in a genre that you don't normally watch, i wanna hear some constructive criticism. Tell us why you recommended a series, give us a little description about it, talk about it's strength and weaknesses or why you wouldn't recommend such series if you want to.

Also when asking for recommendations, make sure to tell us what series you've enjoyed in the past and genres you generally tend to lean towards to. This tremendously helps us to pick out an anime just for you wink2.gif

But remember this! If any flaming goes on here, I WILL stop it! Use this thread for asking and receiving anime recommendation and suggestions. NOT flame baiting!

Anyways, someone recommend me a good anime? Anything will do as I'm not too picky biggrin.gif.

Have fun and enjoy the thread! happy.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jan 24 2007, 06:41 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tofik
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 02:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,606

There are sooooo many good animes... Tell us what genre preferences do you have? What do you like most in animes? What animes have you already watched and what you liked best? It will be easier for us to recomend this way.

P.S: oh, you're mod now. Congrats! happy.gif
InitialDRulz
  Posted: Jan 23 2007, 02:58 AM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

hey, its a recommendation to the whole of the Anime and Manga section. but i like Comedy biggrin.gif.. anyways, let me start.

Ouran High School Host Club
i recommend people watching this because its very funny. i love how this storyline goes. i give it a rating 10/10

well. you goto put a little description xD
Tofik
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 04:19 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 22,606

Missunderstanding. For some reason i thought it is actually you who are askin for recommendation. fear2.gif

Anyway, i'll pick up:

Afro Samurai
I recommend it for those who like bloody violent samurai storys, some cool stylish art and hip-hop culture. This thing is featured with Samuel L. Jackson as the seyu and soundtrack by RZA. Btw, it is not recommended for those who are under 18, so InitialDRulz - you are out of this tongue.gif laugh.gif
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiYDHxtokI&eurl=
Official: http://www.afrosamurai.com

haspieuw
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 04:32 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu
TEH hype anime in Japan, the serie got a huge explosion of popularity
it almost share the same phenonemen like EVA

the lovable and unique, cute Chief Bridage makes it all worth

JOIN THE HARUHISMM !!

Axl
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:11 AM

Noobass

Member No.: 3,248

a good anime is keroro gunso. it's so random and funny. does anyone know where i could watch it. i can't find it anywhere.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 10:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

'Anime' is singular and plural.

And as a side note, all Japanese words are singular and plural. Not Animes, not mangas, not doujinshis, not samurais. Singular and plural. No 's' required.

And on the topic...

Into hot-blooded giant robot action with a little mysticism and yuri?

Kannazuki no Miko would then be highly recommended! It's got absolutely stunning visuals, a moving storyline, and is quite jam-packed for only twelve episodes. I honestly had no idea it was a giant-robo Anime until I saw it... and that just made it cooler. Highly recommended.

Like girls? Like aircraft? Like girls who are aircraft?

Strike Witches and Sky Girls for you! The former is a short, eight-minute preview, unfortunately... but I can honestly say that it re-kindled my love of flying, and my love of WWII aircraft. I mean, come on--girls with cat ears, big guns, and flying pods designed after WWII fighters. All with accurate sound effects! It's AWESOME! Sky Girls, on the other hand, is a little different. These girls pilot giant flying mecha which they are in essence a "part" of, against aliens. It's made by Konami, what do you expect? Only one episode has been released and announced, and it's about 20 minutes long. Still a fun watch for all you mechamusume fans.

Ever wished a Magical Girl Anime would stop being so childish? That there could be one with a serious plot that didn't try to laugh its viewers silly every few minutes? Want one where you actually feel for the characters?

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha would be right up your alley. At first glance, it's your average Magical Girl series. Little girl finds mystical being, mystical being grants her magic powers, she fights demons. Yay. But then you realize that none of the characters are safe. Anyone could be killed, anyone could be hurt, anyone can be scarred for life. And that girl you're sure is the bad guy in all this? Wait until you find out her story... All-in-all, it's a much more dark, dramatic series. And the sequel, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, doesn't drop the ball--it dips straight into the action from the get-go.

I could go on, but I think I'll stop there. Have fun!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
r3d$unz
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 10:48 AM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou

An action anime thats definately worth watching
Thai-kun
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 11:26 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 12:34 PM)
Into hot-blooded giant robot action with a little mysticism and yuri?

Kannazuki no Miko would then be highly recommended! It's got absolutely stunning visuals, a moving storyline, and is quite jam-packed for only twelve episodes. I honestly had no idea it was a giant-robo Anime until I saw it... and that just made it cooler. Highly recommended.

Like girls? Like aircraft? Like girls who are aircraft?

Ah yes, Kannazuki, I remember that anime well, made me tear up a little at the end, seconded on Nomake's motion, highly, and I do mean HIGHLY recommended.

Negima!?

A very entertaining series, this (as opposed to Mahou Sensei Negima!) is more focused on magic battles than fanservice, this should be common knowledge by now. (however, if you still want the fanservice, check out the OVAs, there's PLENTY there). Very funny, enjoyable plotline, and random at times, worth checking out at least.
haspieuw
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 11:29 AM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (Axl @ Today at 9:11 AM)
a good anime is keroro gunso. it's so random and funny. does anyone know where i could watch it. i can't find it anywhere.
YoruichiSan
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 02:56 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 22,938

This is my list.

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Initial D
4. Hajime no Ippo
5. There is no 5 shifty2.gif

Arigato. Yoruichi San
haspieuw
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:05 PM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (YoruichiSan @ Today at 2:56 PM)
This is my list.

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Initial D
4. Hajime no Ippo

Arigato. Yoruichi San

any reason for your top 5 ?
YoruichiSan
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:25 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 22,938

Oh yes sorry about that. Im new to this.

Well its actually a top 4!

1. Naruto because Ninjas and fighting, Must i say more? I guess i have to dry.gif.
The story line is rather addictive and watching it an episode a day is really annoying. I have them burnt from 25 episodes a disc. The story line is one big story line with minor story lines in the middle. Never gets boring.

2. Bleach? I love Bleach! You can tell from my signature can't you? Well The idea of having giant swords and cutting giant monsters down with it (Hollows!) is the best idea ever. My little cousin watches it and his like all wannabe Shinigami.

3. Initial D? This is an initial D forum isnt it sleep.gif? Most anime starts from a weak thing. In this situation a weak car. The AE86 sprinter. The Hachi Roku makes its way up and races the fastest cars in japan.

4. Hajime no Ippo. Boxing. This Anime really gets you into the idea of getting a six pack if you don't already have one. After watching this anime i wanted to get a six pack and become a boxer i guess. Its also inspirational. Shy people can become strong.

5.???????

Arigato. Yoruichi San
Axl
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:48 PM

Noobass

Member No.: 3,248

thanks hapieuw but none of the sites have keroro. which sucks.

This post has been edited by Axl on Jan 23 2007, 03:50 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 04:13 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Well, before I recommend anything, IDR, what types of shows do you enjoy? If I get some genres I can point you in a good direction, i.e. love comedies, generic comedies, etc.

This post has been edited by I am the BOZZ on Jan 23 2007, 07:23 PM
Keisuke_Takahashi
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 06:37 PM

You wont be in my mirrors after 2 more corners

Member No.: 1,233

Black Lagoon - If your into pirates,gangsters, etc with some comedy in it, i recommend u watch this one!
twitchykun
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 11:49 PM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. I can't say enough good things about this one.
2. Bleach. An anime that seems to follow the mold, then kicks the mold while laughing at it, during a chat with a couple of ghosts and shinigami, complete with talking stuffed perverted animals, and a lead with bright orange hair. What's not to like?
3. Gundam SEED. This anime brought about a whole new generation of Gundam fans. Watch it to find out why.
4. My-HiME - I thought that this was going to be another "high school girl" drama. Boy was i wrong. This is one of the most suspenseful, action-filled, ass-kicking, and exciting anime series that have ever come out of japan.
5. Joshi Kosei:Baka Gundan/High School Girls: Finally, an anime that tells about high school girl life, the way it really is. Complete with monthly periods(not school periods), cliques, hottie homeroom teachers, and girl drama with a funny twist.
6. Azumanga Daioh: An anime about high school girls that makes you want to go back to high school, or at least live it through a younger sibling or relative blink.gif .
xmrdustinx
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 12:55 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,629

QUOTE (YoruichiSan @ Yesterday at 2:56 PM)
This is my list.

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Initial D
4. Hajime no Ippo

Arigato. Yoruichi San

i second that
awdrifter
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:12 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

Out of the anime mentioned so far, I especially agree with Ouran High School Host Club, Kannaduki No Miko, Black Lagoon (Season 1&2), Mai Hime and of course Initial D. Other anime I'd also recommand are Noir, AIR TV, Death Note, Kanon 2006, Code Geass, Higurashi, Cowboy Bebop, Gun Grave, GunXSword and Evangelion.

Noir - Girls with guns with exceptionally good music and very good graphics, it's a great show.

AIR TV - Great story, altough it's pretty sad, I still enjoyed it tho.

Death Note - I can't believe no one mentioned this yet, there's some surprising story development almost every ep, great story so far.

Kanon - Similar to AIR, if you like AIR, give this a try. The 2006 version have much better graphics than the 2002 version.

Code Geass - Some people say it's like Gundam, but I thought it was pretty good, and I don't even like Gundam. The character design for this series is done by Clamp, so they look great, and the story is good so far, the mech battles are cool too.

Higurashi - Best mystery series of 2006. Looking forward to the rumored sequel.

haspieuw
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:17 AM

IDW Lurker

LMAO i would like to see those who say that CG is gundam
Kanon 2k6 has much more offer then the original kanon IMO and Kyonichi is such likeable chara tongue.gif that haremmaster if you could say biggrin.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:26 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (haspieuw @ Today at 5:17 AM)
LMAO i would like to see those who say that CG is gundam

I think it's because of that girl with the Shining Finger.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
haspieuw
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:31 AM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 2:26 AM)
I think it's because of that girl with the Shining Finger.

ooww i thought ppl may say Lancelot = Aile Strike Gundam in the opening tongue.gif
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 06:49 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Anyone got an anime for me? Just recently watched Deja Vu and kinda in the mood for a bit of Time Travel now tongue.gif

Something with sci-fi, crime fiction and suspense would be good too happy.gif
haspieuw
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 06:54 PM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 6:49 PM)
Anyone got an anime for me? Just recently watched Deja Vu and kinda in the mood for a bit of Time Travel now tongue.gif

Code Geass ... perhaps
its quite popular now
awdrifter
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 10:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 6:49 PM)

Sci-fi - definitely check out Code Geass.
Crime fiction - Black Lagoon!
Suspense - Higurashi

7 Pages  1 2 3 »