Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Destination Blackout

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,734  ·  Replies: 157 
> ID6AA Philippines, We live!
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 05:42 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,529

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 52 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Would have been longer if I had brought a lil' more.
Though you seemed to be occupied with your friend. awesome.gif

While I was watching you Akina, it felt like your S2000 was peakier than my RX8. You could floor it all the way without swinging completely wide and make it out like a rocket.

Which is weird, because I have this tiny little engine that has crap for torque when compared to a 2L FC20.

No worries, we can battle another time. And sorry about that, forgot to introduce her. She's my girlfriend awesome.gif I actually got her an Initial D card, though she's not used to racing games, so I'm tutoring her for now.

Hmmm....how do you drift those hairpins? Release>Brake>Throttle or Release>Brake>Throttle>Release>Throttle? I've found that the latter makes my S2000 swing out more.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 05:43 AM

The Dozuki Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,372

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 2 hours, 37 minutes ago)
I am CLEARLY not going to acquire an Usui crown. I'm COMPETENT, but little walltaps are going to stick me at 2'45 for the rest of my life. *raspberry*

Odd. Most of my top times for courses that I like are... 7 seconds off the Japanese.  Except Akina. Either I'm not behaving, or the car's not behaving. Either way I'm making one or two stupid mistakes where my ass doesn't have enough grip and my rear scrapes the guardrails, or I eat the inside because I went in too early.

And so the quest to reclaim my crown continues!

And I already have a 2'38 theory in mind for Usui. Now I just have to put it into practice. It sure is hard though to continue improving there when you're at the 2'39 mark. <.< So yeah, someday I may not hold Usui's crowns anymore, but as long I still hold all four variations there, I'll make it interesting. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Jul 12 2011, 05:45 AM
Type 100
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 05:47 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,520

QUOTE (Odenwings @ Jul 2 2011, 11:02 PM)
It really is very different from AS5, it's more like a drifty version of AS3.

Had a few Irohazaka DH runs on an old IDAS3 cabinet close to my office this evening, and I have to say I agree. IDAS6AA is much looser around the rear and requires clearing the turns in second gear rather than IDAS3's third.

It'll be a while until I get any real IDAS6AA practice again...
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 12 2011, 06:01 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (Odenwings @ 19 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
No worries, we can battle another time. And sorry about that, forgot to introduce her. She's my girlfriend awesome.gif I actually got her an Initial D card, though she's not used to racing games, so I'm tutoring her for now.

Hmmm....how do you drift those hairpins? Release>Brake>Throttle or Release>Brake>Throttle>Release>Throttle? I've found that the latter makes my S2000 swing out more.

Once more I am the lonely driver of the forums. *Releases confetti* Was that why you asked me about the Cappa?

I come into the first one in 4th, with one gas tap to bring me around. My acceleration is delayed since the RX8 won't make it coming through at full throttle without wall banging.

The technique afterward is the same for the sweeping turns in Akina that you drift to get boost for. Wheel yank, brake, gas, return to center, power out. Though since I'm clearly slower, that's probably not right. >w>
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 06:24 AM

The Dozuki Master

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 23 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Once more I am the lonely driver of the forums.

Well, actually, if we are talking about being in a relationship and the like, I'm also a lonely driver. XD But yeah, since all but two of my close friends these days are gals, I can't really call myself lonely 'cause I sometimes draw inspiration from them. ^^"

Though in a way, I'm pretty thankful I'm unattached right now. Otherwise, I DEFINITELY won't be able to play as frequently as I wanted to. My card won't even have an aura at this point if I had a GF.

========

Too bad I wasn't there to watch (and record) the battles earlier. <.<
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 06:39 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ 14 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Though in a way, I'm pretty thankful I'm unattached right now. Otherwise, I DEFINITELY won't be able to play as frequently as I wanted to. My card won't even have an aura at this point if I had a GF.

Heeeeey >.> how do you explain my situation then?

Thankfully my gf's also a gamer, has an interest in AS6 and is fairly low maintenance...Ishouldprobablyshutupnowbeforesomeonestranglesme whistling.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 06:44 AM

The Dozuki Master

My bad. Maybe I was over-generalizing when I said that. <.<

Lucky you LOL. At least she's a gamer and she has a slight interest in D6... and also not that demanding. TBH, my last GF was a gamer, too. Unfortunately, there came a time when I admit that I proritized ID more than her; that was back in ID5 when I was on a roll taking most of the records, esp. the wet maps.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 12 2011, 06:45 AM

Reading is magic!

FFFFFFF-

Why are the ones JUST like that Lesbian when I talk to them?!
VanillaNiki
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 07:12 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,604

QUOTE (Odenwings @ 33 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Heeeeey >.> how do you explain my situation then?

Thankfully my gf's also a gamer, has an interest in AS6 and is fairly low maintenance...Ishouldprobablyshutupnowbeforesomeonestranglesme whistling.gif

... I still drive like Mr Bean. *pouts* >3>

Though, I can't wait until I can shift gears manually :3
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 12 2011, 08:08 AM

Reading is magic!

Epicute. It has been had.

Considering he does tire screeching stunts and lives to do them again, that's not bad.
junetrish024
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 08:11 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

Lols at Brian's comment... Kudos for you... I have a GF, thankfully she's faraway so she doesn't affect my gaming alot... As for AS6, I'm still racking up some money... Stuck at 19 and will never aim to be higher since higher means you're the attention of the mall and most people will be wary of you... I'd rather stick to low levels while racking up some wins and losses [which ever is higher]...

*YAWN!~* After a day at the hospital, I feel like playing AS6 or some DX+ gaming but malls are closed as I check out [my timeout right now is 10PM] so yeah... Goodluck on me finding a good mall with AS6, if not, I'd stick with AS4 and 5, mostly 4 since alot of the newer dudes in RP play AS4 and yeah... WMMT... Which reminded me of going to the said mall earlier yesterday [12th] and took down the Osaka King of the WMMT machine... Too bad there is no more AS6 in TZ there...

SHOUTOUT: OI!!!! TZ personnels here... GIVE US THE GOD DARN MACHINE BACK!!!! ME WANNA PLAY MY CAR AGAIN!!!!!! >.<

EDIT: Me gonna cook some fried egg series again... Later guys... And why not make a chatroom for us in FB... Surely it'll be fun to chat live there... ^^

This post has been edited by junetrish024 on Jul 12 2011, 08:12 AM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 08:58 AM

The Dozuki Master

And with that, I admit that I'm sort of feeling the pressure at times. I certainly don't want to go down as a weaksauce (currently) Lv 84 D6 player, so that gives me an extra reason to continue aiming for those Platinums and machine records in TA's.
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 13 2011, 03:04 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 8:08 AM)
Considering he does tire screeching stunts and lives to do them again, that's not bad.

True dat. The man can succesfully drive while changing his clothes and brushing his teeth.

And welcome to the forums, Niki happy.gif
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 08:08 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 31,217

I felt bad TZ Active in Mall of Asia is still no go for ID6AA..

It's still ID4..

Why timezone keeping its limits to the new machines? New machines are very in demand for customers we they saw it.. facepalm.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 19 2011, 01:15 AM

Reading is magic!

Look at the Iro scoreboard.
Now back to me.
Now back to the scoreboard.
Now back to ME.

Surprise!
The crown is now on my head.

You all didn't think you could just leave me behind, did you? awesome.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 05:05 AM

The Dozuki Master

Meh. It's just one map combo LOL. Let's see you take the wet maps as well. And Iro reverse ain't that easy as you think. wink2.gif

And besides, now that I'm getting closer to my personal major goal of "Level 90, Chapter 70 Legend Arc" within the next 4-5 weeks (I did say before though I hope to this before this year ends.), I'll do less TA's and do more Legend Arc runs.

And I still have a Spec-3 NSX to get to Full-SPEC ASAP.

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Jul 19 2011, 05:09 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 19 2011, 06:27 AM

Reading is magic!

Oh don't I know it. * Remembers one of his random matches *

Which reminds me, I have a Z that wants to get tuned!
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 04:51 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 5:15 PM)
Look at the Iro scoreboard.
Now back to me.
Now back to the scoreboard.
Now back to ME.

Surprise!
The crown is now on my head.

You all didn't think you could just leave me behind, did you? awesome.gif

Just celebrate what ever you want to.. happy.gif

And besides were not targeting only one course..We do a lot of TA in different course either dry or wet, day or night.. happy.gif

by next weekend I'll try some wet courses..That makes me thrill more to challenge TA on a wet..
TFUJIWARA
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 12:05 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,081

Hi! new IDAS player here,I just started playing today @ Megamall. I go by the name "Kozue" i really enjoyed the game I hope to see pro players so I can learn a thing or two (because i hit the walls alot) laugh.gif
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 07:58 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (TFUJIWARA @ 7 hours, 52 minutes ago)
Hi! new IDAS player here,I just started playing today @ Megamall. I go by the name "Kozue" i really enjoyed the game I hope to see pro players so I can learn a thing or two (because i hit the walls alot) laugh.gif

Welcome to ID Forums TFUJIWARA

by the way you play ID4 or ID5 coz I know Megamall has only ID4 and ID5 there..

why don't you try ID6AA..It is just like your playing ID4 but with a new twist.. happy.gif
TFUJIWARA
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 10:09 PM

Shmuck

I played IDAS Stage 6 in Megamall happy.gif

I wanna go back there again today pinch2.gif

anyways :
I chose AE86 Trueno as a starting car, is it good?

This post has been edited by TFUJIWARA on Jul 24 2011, 10:56 PM
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 11:55 PM

IDW Special Member

You mean it was upgraded to ID6AA?

Looks like I need to check it out if that information is true then.

Yeah AE86 Trueno is good. happy.gif

TFUJIWARA
Posted: Jul 25 2011, 02:21 AM

Shmuck

yup. the machine was previously from Trinoma TZ happy.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 25 2011, 04:58 AM

Reading is magic!

*Crushed*

So... So the Trinoma...

*Collapses on knees and shakes fist at the sky*

Curse you cruel fate! Curse youuu!

Odd though. The Trinoma machines were working fine when they were still in... Trinoma. I noticed some oddities on the left cab now that they're in Mega.
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 25 2011, 06:27 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (TFUJIWARA @ Yesterday, 6:21 PM)
yup. the machine was previously from Trinoma TZ happy.gif

I see..That means it's still only ID6AA machines are available in 2 areas as what I read on the website..

I'm gonna check whose playing in that area this weekend.. I really miss megamall ever since people are more playing in that area since V5 days.. happy.gif

7 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7