Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,954  ·  Replies: 74 
> Those little kids...., ...Yknow that dont actually play?
akira86
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 08:01 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,342

its totataly true, location can change the condtion of a machine by alot. If the cab's are deep inside the arcade then there is less of a chance for the kids to go there but if its in a passing by reach, children can easily come and annoy you.
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 08:21 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

QUOTE (ultradd @ 37 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
@stormfox: wah, the parents wth.

A kid suddenly appear close to me is enough to break my concentration and mood to continue my game, but the parents usually pick their kids right away.

Kids that are already hanging in the arcade are alright as they usually dun disturb u when u are playing.

It is those kids that are passing by the arcade with their parents. eg, singapore TM Timezone, the machines are placed so terribly, almost outside of the arcade beside the hallway opposite the cinema. Kid just finished watching a movie, walks downs the hallway, the shifter within arm's reach, go play with it. I blame more on the machines' location.

Yeah, I agree with you. In the parents eyes, their children are always correct. Haha, I also elbowed a kid once. He said to his brother to come and look at the action. He wanted to be up close and personal like I'm a star or something. And then I shifted up and hit his stomach.

@ ultradd

Location does matter, but you would be surprised that it doesn't matter a lot. I used to play Tekken 6 ( now it's already Tekken 6 BR), and at PP Timezone, that machine is deep inside.

And guess what? Kids still come and spam all 4 buttons to see what weird things they can come up with. They see somebdy playing and think they're the opposing player when the opposing player is actually the CPU. I admit I spammed buttons before when I was a kid BUT I was playing and I did NOT hit the buttons like it killed my whole family.
ultradd
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 08:35 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,193

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ 13 minutes, 56 seconds ago)

@ ultradd

Location does matter, but you would be surprised that it doesn't matter a lot. I used to play Tekken 6 ( now it's already Tekken 6 BR), and at PP Timezone, that machine is deep inside.

And guess what? Kids still come and spam all 4 buttons to see what weird things they can come up with. They see somebdy playing and think they're the opposing player when the opposing player is actually the CPU. I admit I spammed buttons before when I was a kid BUT I was playing and I did NOT hit the buttons like it killed my whole family.

I don't mean those kids that play at a machine like a playground when no one is playing at that machine.

It is those kids that are not old enough to understand that you are not supposed to play with the shifter/view change of the machine that someone is playing with at that moment.
So in your case of Tekken is like u are going to execute a final combo on your opponent but a curious kid suddenly run up next to u and mash your buttons, your combo failed then u die.

This post has been edited by ultradd on Jun 25 2009, 09:45 PM
Rei.G
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 08:49 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

Forming raid to kill gnomes at Gnomeregan, pst.
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 03:39 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (ultradd @ Jun 25 2009, 08:35 PM)
I don't mean those kids that play at a machine like a playground when no one is playing at that machine.

It is those kids that are not old enough to understand that you are not supposed to play with the shifter/view change of the machine that someone is playing with at that moment.
So in your case of Tekken is like u are going to execute a final combo on your opponent but a curious kid suddenly run up next to u and mash your buttons, your combo failed then u die.

They don't mash my buttons at least. They mash the other buttons, but only if there's nobody there. You'll understand if you play Tekken.
The kids are bad but not that bad.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 27 2009, 03:42 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

One of the little buggers almost hit my view change button. Two of them were in the battle gear 4 cabs next to me, and they were slamming the hell out of the steering wheel, e brake, AND the shifter. Im willing to bet their little legs couldnt reach the pedals, so they just screwed with the machine.

Smacked his hand without looking up. It was like Obama and the fly; in the middle of a battle i just *whack*, and he doesnt come back.
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 04:15 AM

IDW God Member

Here's an incident where the person destroying the machine is not a kid. I know that's off-topic but in the end this is about preserving the machine's quality anyway.

So I was playing , and then this guy, not a kid, went up to play and he kept stomping on the accelerater except of braking during a turn.

Haha to think of it this is pretty off-topic, but nevermind. This shows that not only kids are the culprits.
strioch
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 10:16 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,557

There is also another type of Kid ...

The one which their parents will leave them with a babysitter and a lump some of money to keep them playing for an hour or so ...

Luckily this happens only on MT sweatingbullets.gif

And sometime, their babysitter will just let the kid play with the machines without inserting the coins. They will only insert the coins when someone ask them if the kid is playing or not sweatingbullets.gif

Get what I mean ? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by strioch on Jun 27 2009, 10:20 AM
stormfox
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 11:07 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (strioch @ 51 minutes, 15 seconds ago)

The one which their parents will leave them with a babysitter and a lump some of money to keep them playing for an hour or so ...

And sometime, their babysitter will just let the kid play with the machines without inserting the coins. They will only insert the coins when someone ask them if the kid is playing or not sweatingbullets.gif

then i saw a BIG kid today.. .actually an adult... $1.1k value in card... playing the UFO games... she was swiping once every 5-10s $1-$2 per swipe depending on game... o_O...

either filthy rich.. or she have some issue with her husbands money
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 03:39 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (stormfox @ 4 hours, 32 minutes ago)
then i saw a BIG kid today.. .actually an adult... $1.1k value in card... playing the UFO games... she was swiping once every 5-10s $1-$2 per swipe depending on game... o_O...

either filthy rich.. or she have some issue with her husbands money

Why didn't you rob her? Haha. jk. But seriously, 1.1k? That's so stupid I'm getting jealous already. If I was that rich I would be playing all day.

I hate people who hog the machines. Lucky most people who do that only have like $15 at most. I saw 4 kids constantly race with each other before, they were horrible and a pain to watch. One of them was stupid enough to not use the brakes on IROHAZAKA ( kids are getting more stupid nowadays, and that kid was not a young one) , and then they were using the steering wheel with exagerrated motions. They just kept banging into rail. I feel bad for the steering wheel.I waited for like 20 minutes before one of them gave up, and I played. To really show how bad they are, I defeated one of them by 3.8km on Akina. About +38xxm. And I'm not a pro either.
strioch
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 07:20 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,557

I went to my home-town local Cinema with a friend to play at the Arcade today ...

Doing some TA at Akagi when a kid approach me and say ...

" Why don't you show the Car ? " and presses the "VIEW CHANGE" button ...

What happens after that is ... My friend pull's his ear pinch2.gif
lester7c
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 01:13 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 27,932

^ nice 1.

there was 1 time i was playing and a child is going to touch my view change button and i flicked his hand like i was shifting up. hahahhaa.
·rhz·
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 06:07 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,279

QUOTE (strioch @ Yesterday, 10:16 AM)

welcome to Indonesia, you can see those cases EVERYDAY (especially on weekends tongue.gif) and sadly it happens to all racing arcade games you can find (ie. Maximum Tune, ID, Mario Kart) dry.gif
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 06:11 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

QUOTE (·rhz· @ 3 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
welcome to Indonesia, you can see those cases EVERYDAY (especially on weekends tongue.gif) and sadly it happens to all racing arcade games you can find (ie. Maximum Tune, ID, Mario Kart) dry.gif

F*ck!!You got that right alright laugh.gif
?wha?
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 06:27 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ Yesterday, 10:39 AM)

I hate people who hog the machines. Lucky most people who do that only have like $15 at most. I saw 4 kids constantly race with each other before, they were horrible and a pain to watch. One of them was stupid enough to not use the brakes on IROHAZAKA ( kids are getting more stupid nowadays, and that kid was not a young one) , and then they were using the steering wheel with exagerrated motions. They just kept banging into rail. I feel bad for the steering wheel.I waited for like 20 minutes before one of them gave up

You sir have not seen half the retarded dumbs***s that play here. No respect for the machines whatsoever, having those idiot wannabe teenagers just wheel-lock to wheel-lock REALLY hard to the point it makes me wince. Also, no brakes. just SLAMS the accelerator REALLY hard when taking corners.

There was once where I was playing V3 and this kid was about to play with my shifter. Spotted him as he made for it, and as he went for it I went for a turn, 5i4o and smashed his hand into the shifter. Kid was bawling and the 'rents were nowhere near the kid, so it makes you wonder what they do...
dk369
Posted: Jun 30 2009, 07:38 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 28,627

i laugh when kids cry. their tears smell like candy. but yea.... i dont feel srry for the kid.
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 30 2009, 11:34 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (?wha? @ Jun 28 2009, 06:27 PM)
You sir have not seen half the retarded dumbs***s that play here. No respect for the machines whatsoever, having those idiot wannabe teenagers just wheel-lock to wheel-lock REALLY hard to the point it makes me wince. Also, no brakes. just SLAMS the accelerator REALLY hard when taking corners.

There was once where I was playing V3 and this kid was about to play with my shifter. Spotted him as he made for it, and as he went for it I went for a turn, 5i4o and smashed his hand into the shifter. Kid was bawling and the 'rents were nowhere near the kid, so it makes you wonder what they do...

It's okay. Make him cry. That way he learns. Lucky the parents were no where near him. There might be a big fight even though you were not at fault.

For the first part, that's really dumb. Who the hell slams the accelarater when entering a corner on a mountain... I saw somebdy wheel lock to wheel lock before. Hard. They just don't get it that even if they turn the whole wheel out, they will not get through a hairpin without braking.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 30 2009, 11:43 PM

Reading is magic!

Granted of course, they are ignorant little sacks of flesh. Child mentality tends to swerve towards : " FASTER IS BETTER! WEEE!" when they play any game that requires speed; the laws of physics be damned. You dont really think about what you're doing in a game as a kid either. You just play and do what feels right to you.

Point being though. Someone who does know how the game works should butt in when the kid is taking a break inbetween plays and tell him he's doing something wrong. If only to spare the machine further punishment.

If the kid is a stuck up brat who thinks he/she's better than everyone?

Akina DH Wet Night Nyaaa~
LaLaLa
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 12:03 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 20 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Granted of course, they are ignorant little sacks of flesh. Child mentality tends to swerve towards : " FASTER IS BETTER! WEEE!" when they play any game that requires speed; the laws of physics be damned. You dont really think about what you're doing in a game as a kid either. You just play and do what feels right to you.

Point being though. Someone who does know how the game works should butt in when the kid is taking a break inbetween plays and tell him he's doing something wrong. If only to spare the machine further punishment.

If the kid is a stuck up brat who thinks he/she's better than everyone?

Akina DH Wet Night Nyaaa~

The kid might not listen to you, and he might think you're a bully.

And for my case they were old kids, prob 11-14 years old.

And if the kid is a stuck up brat who thinks he is better than everyone... Well, you can't really do much unless he has instore battle turned on right? Most of these kids don't even know how to do instore battle stuff.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 1 2009, 02:45 AM

Reading is magic!

That's true, they might think that.
But if they do, then it's all the more easier to prove your point by asking them for a battle. Children around that age these days are usually full of themselves ( No offense to those who are actually mature ) and will likely fall into the trap. I'm no psychologist, but this is the behavior I observe with youth nowadays.
dk369
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 02:00 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 28,627

i acutally hit a kid with my knee when he tried to get on the machine while i had just got done playing. the kid cried. parents came rushing. parents yelled. rent a cops came. took note of what happened and the walked away. parents yelled at me again and then walked off.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 11 2009, 09:57 PM

Reading is magic!

I do not target the entire Maximum Tune community with this statement.

So THAT's why the machine on the left is all messed up! MT3DX players from the neighboring cabs think it's a good idea to grab an automatic car, go to Lake Akina without braking, and STILL shove the shifter around like they were still in their original game? Despite the fact that it only moves up and down?
And then they have the nerve to walk away laughing at it and calling it crap?

Whatever happened to respecting another person's belongings?
LaLaLa
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 10:03 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 6 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
I do not target the entire Maximum Tune community with this statement.

So THAT's why the machine on the left is all messed up! MT3DX players from the neighboring cabs think it's a good idea to grab an automatic car, go to Lake Akina without braking, and STILL shove the shifter around like they were still in their original game? Despite the fact that it only moves up and down?
And then they have the nerve to walk away laughing at it and calling it crap?

Whatever happened to respecting another person's belongings?

Of course they're gonna call it crap. They're used to no braking and 220km/h cornering madness. I actually think ID is better than MT3DX... The graphics are better, it's more challenging. But I enjoyed my time with MT3DX.

@dk369
Is that true? That sounds too dramatic...
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 10:04 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

LOL, thats why I go to their machine. Beat some random player up in C1 (even if its just a lucky win), mash up the shifter for good measure. And yell loudly to my friend in the back. "F*CK man, where's the technique and skill in this game???"

Then go back to ID. LOL

But that was before I played both games with an amount of seriousness. I have 3 FT'd cars now in MT3DX and I dont act like a jerk anywhere. I realize now that doing the same thing would just be me stooping myself to their level. I still smile a secret smile knowing im biased with the ID series and know why its a lot better than MT even with MT's frills and trills. wink2.gif

ON-TOPIC:

And... on this topic... I usually have a big smile and tell the kid that its a lot better to sit on the MT machines... shifty2.gif
LaLaLa
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 10:09 PM

IDW God Member

What if he doesn't seem to understand or he just wants to play on the ID machine?

3 Pages  1 2 3