Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Lou Grant - Don't Stop The Music 2006

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,604  ·  Replies: 6 
> Dr.Ift's Fiat 500
Dr.Ift
  Posted: Dec 23 2013, 12:56 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,105

Well, this year (2013) was quite an entertaining one for me, considering that I had my first track days on both two wheels and four wheels. I currently have a Fiat 500 1.4 16v, which puts out a whopping 100hp, and has the most unsupportive seats I've ever sat in.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1060. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Although it is not suitable for the track, the 500 is the only car I have, and probably I will have for 2-3 more years, considering it's my 4th car in 3 years. Which is why I plan to play with it little by little.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1060. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

What I like about this car is that, it is a really really SLOW car for an F1 circuit like Istanbul Park. So it encourages me to carry more speed into the corner, do my best and try to make myself a better driver. And it is extremely amusing to follow Civic Type-R's and Clio RS's driven not nearly at their limits.

user posted image

This year, I've managed to do 2 track days on this car, and 2 whole days of riding lessons on the motorbike, which helped me to find better lines on the track.

The car is currently completely stock excluding the Motul RBF660 brake fluid I put before going on the track.

For next year(2014), I have some plans to make the car a little bit faster.

I plan to get,

- Semi slicks, probably Kumho KU36XS's because that's the easiest to find. Maybe Advan A048's if I can spend a little more.
- Harder springs, to lessen the body roll even a little bit, because the car has tons of it.
- Rear seat delete, maybe a rollcage.

I already have a homologated Sparco Sprint V bucket seat and 4 point Sparco harnesses ready to be installed.

Here are some videos of my track time, the first one was my first ever time on a track, and the second was the last time.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-Xsw8S1r4 )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL980djzSzI )

This post has been edited by Dr.Ift on Dec 23 2013, 01:10 PM
MetalMan777
Posted: Dec 23 2013, 06:03 PM

Snooping as usual

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,588

I really prefer driving a slow car at track days. Gives you more time to figure out what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right. And it's really gratifying to pass a car you know is much, much faster.

As for your mods, a good case can be made for not going to slicks. They'll make you faster, sure, but they won't correct what you're doing wrong. Go ahead and ditch the back seat, that's free and you can put it back when you might want it. Be sure to get better dampers to match the upgraded springs, otherwise you'll be suffering from a damping mismatch, which hurts your ride and the handling. I'm pretty sure there's a factory Abarth option that should suit your needs. If you're still rolling too much, look into swaybars. Big rear one, possibly no change to the front one.
08TTGSL
Posted: Dec 23 2013, 06:38 PM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

Curious on why you didnt got with the abarth edition?
Dr.Ift
  Posted: Dec 24 2013, 12:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (08TTGSL @ 6 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Curious on why you didnt got with the abarth edition?

Mainly because it isn't available in Turkey, but also because I got a really good deal on this particular car. I got it for %40 less because it was an unregistered 2009 model.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Dec 25 2013, 11:47 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

What the heck is that Ford Raptor doing on the track??
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
Posted: Dec 25 2013, 12:44 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 56 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
What the heck is that Ford Raptor doing on the track??

Truck stuff, duh.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Dr.Ift
  Posted: Dec 25 2013, 01:11 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Spaz @ 27 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
Truck stuff, duh.

LOL, it is used both as a pace car for the sighting lap, and a rescue vehicle. awesome.gif

user posted image