Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Nando - Love Killer

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 38,441  ·  Replies: 51 
> Initial D World 3rd Annual Meet 2016.01.24
Initial D World
    Posted: Jan 26 2016, 01:43 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

On the morning of January 24th, 2016, we hosted a third annual meet in Lafayette Reservoir, California. This event follows the same theme as the previous "Reunion Meet" gathering. Though this time, it was more of a send-off gathering as the New Initial D Movie trilogy: Legend 3 will finally be released on February 6th and as far as we know, there is no plan to release any more Initial D franchise after this.

This meet had the biggest turnout in the history of Initial D World. The meet was supposed to start at 8:00am. But many have already arrived before 7:30am. By 9:00am, the entire parking lot was full. (450 parking spots!) We even used all the metered parking spots. At peak, we counted 450 cars and over 800 people. That's not counting the ones that had to turn away. It was absolutely impressive. The turnout completely took us by surprise.

We are thankful that most of attendees were on their best behaviors. And at the same time, we are regretful that many couldn't get into the parking lot. Once again, thank you sincerely for making it and showing your passion in Initial D. Thank you.

Check out the high-res 2048x1365 photos below!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Also, if you want to download all the hi-res photos in one go, here's the rar file (423.27 MB)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2600 x 1321. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Initial D World on Jan 26 2016, 01:47 AM
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 02:12 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

> Guys standing next to Keisuke's FD
...and I still have no clue who owns that sexah~ RX-7!? xD

> Black NSX
dribble.gif

> 2 Silvia Itashas
My anime-fu is weak, I don't even recognize where those girls are from!? derp.gif

> Silent Hill Doggie
Awww how cute! What's his name? <3 <3 <3

> Keep it Sideways
lol, RC 70's GTR for the win!!1

> Red FRS
86-239
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sushiyummy32
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 04:29 AM

DotA Kiwi

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,824

So what will be of this forum if initial D is rip. initial D world?

This post has been edited by sushiyummy32 on Jan 26 2016, 04:29 AM
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 07:14 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (sushiyummy32 @ 2 hours, 43 minutes ago)
So what will be of this forum if initial D is rip. initial D world?

There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept that this will become the greatest Idolmaster forum in this Initial D world. awesome.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 07:55 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (xiao @ 5 hours, 41 minutes ago)
> 2 Silvia Itashas
My anime-fu is weak, I don't even recognize where those girls are from!? derp.gif

The red one is Highschool DxD (it says it right on the car, man), and the white one is Sora no Otoshimono.

Once I get my pics edited I'll throw them up in this thread.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 08:58 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'm surprised at the amount of "JDM" ricer accessories in 2016.
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 01:38 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
The red one is Highschool DxD (it says it right on the car, man), and the white one is Sora no Otoshimono.

d'oh! for some reason I saw the logo and read it as either Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon. XD

Throw more pics of that Black NSX... oh god- *faints*

QUOTE (Tessou)
I'm surprised at the amount of "JDM" ricer accessories in 2016.

I dunno man, neon underglows are so outdated I'm starting to actually like them again! biggrin.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 04:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Finally finished editing and uploading, which apparently I messed up on Facebook (the gallery appears on the event page but not my own page...eh, whatever!). So at least on IDW I'll have a chance to put up the original photos and comment on each one individually. Really can't be fucked to do that on FB. laugh2.gif Let's do this!

7:17 AM
>the line is real
"Oh shit... oh shit, there's already a line and the meet doesn't start until 8!? What. WELP." Jump in the car, beeline it over to the reservoir aaand...yeah. The line was real. Sat idling in line for at least half an hour, it was craaaaaaazy! Here's a pic from when I actually got to the hill leading up into the parking area. Two SUV drivers cut everyone off right at the entrance rather than wait in line. Both were unrelated to the IDW meet, so typical residents. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Crazy stuff (by the way, my clock is 15 minutes fast, so it was 8:10). Once I got in things were much better though. Got a parking spot--a good one too, thanks PandaApex--and started to wander around. Let the random pictures begin!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

S14 tax for Sensation!

user posted image

Shot to show how packed the lot was...and this was only a quarter of the lot!

user posted image

My parking spot, facing the hero cars, with a shot of the other side of the lot showing that we basically took over the entire parking lot. Yep...it was insane. I hear the lady in the Lexus drove by and shit-talked us. Hilarious coming from someone who made an illegal right from the left lane, cutting off two lanes of traffic!

user posted image

My Mazda 323 GTXCapri XR2 next to PandaApex's Lexus. And oh hey, there's Panda right there!

user posted image

Another shot of the massive gathering. That truck there? Fender flares made of old license plates.

user posted image

Hero car shot! That STi actually should've switched with the cars out of the shot to its right, a red MX-5 and a red EG6, but eh. We were also missing the MONSTER EVO-IV because he came late and the park closed the gates, but what're ya gonna do.

user posted image

NSX engine bay? NSX engine bay.

user posted image

SW20 all cleared out. I'm not big on the whole all-clear signal thing on this car, but eh, he made it work.

user posted image

Respect for the classics. There were actually quite a few classic Japanese cars in attendance, so that made it worth it for me. Don't get me wrong, I like modern stuff...but my heart's in the 70s.

user posted image

Itasha'd out Sil-Eighty. Aw shit nigga! Let's get a close up of these stickers hurr...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2016 x 1512. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Poi? Poi! NO POI NO LIFE

user posted image

And the front, in case you needed proof that it was a Sil-Eighty.

user posted image

Classic Celica GT. I almost owned one of these! I still kinda regret not doing so! This one was showroom immaculate, but not my favorite car of the event. I'll get to that in a few.

user posted image

Celica GT-FOUR that was ahead of me in the line to get up the hill. We didn't get this car in the US, so I can totally appreciate somebody having one. That's props, whoever you are. I saw what you did, and I approve. Thanks for doing this instead of a GT-R or something.

user posted image

Japan-only Lexus motor in an AE86? More likely than you think. PandaApex could tell you more about this than I can, though. Lexus history isn't my forté.

user posted image

THIS. This was my absolute favorite car at the whole event. Sparkling clean first-gen Z31, J-spec, even has the headlight louvers. I cannot get enough of this car. Only one complaint, really...

user posted image

...which is that he ruined the side window and the reverse lights with Superman logos. Why!? Why would you have such a perfect showroom-quality car and ruin it like that!? I just don't understand!!

user posted image

Heh, this guy goes to my school. I've chatted him up before, it's pretty sweet.

user posted image

Random flat-black FD3S because reasons.

user posted image

The R33 is apparently someone very near where I live right now and I had no idea. It's weird, though...seeing all these GT-Rs doesn't really do it for me anymore. It's like, "Oh, a GT-R. Cool." Not, "HOLY SHIT GT-RS OMGGGGG!!" like it used to be. I've been desensitized by J, clearly. laugh2.gif

user posted image

I noticed you, kouhai. I noticed.

user posted image

Speaking of classics, how about a clean Beetle with a huge center pipe? Because pre-75, so fuck the rules they don't apply to classics.

user posted image

Nice clean 'Rolla.

user posted image

Classic Celica, back when they looked like Mustangs!

user posted image

Suuuuuuuuuper clean Datsun 510 wagon! Don't see these ever! Or at least, this is the first I've seen in person!

user posted image

Speaking of old Celicas, another classic Celica GT! Much cleaner this time.

user posted image

S14 with S15 front bits and a Sora no Otoshimono hood. Yeah.

user posted image

NSXs and Supras for those who wanted to show up in older cars while still giving off a sense of 'we have just as much money as those GTR guys'.

user posted image

Last shot of the hero cars as the meet was coming to a close.

user posted image

...just kidding, one final shot! Thanks Takumi_Trueno for hosting this event! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 26 2016, 04:38 PM
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 05:09 PM

moon bunny

> Sil-Eighty
BURNING LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE!!!!! wub.gif

Beautiful pics Nomake, especially that blue Z!!

The scary part about those photos is that Perry is every single shot. When you see him... brix. fear2.gif

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
Random flat-black FD3S because reasons.

You were just being peaky~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This post has been edited by xiao on Jan 26 2016, 05:22 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 05:22 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Pretty cool meet up, lot of neat look cars over there, especially that Capri XR2.

Btw, was that really a 6th gen Celica GT4? I was under the impression they weren't sold in the West (AFAIK the last AWD Celica we got was the 5th gen, the last one with pop up headlights).

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 26 2016, 05:31 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 05:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 31 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
Btw, was that really a 6th gen Celica GT4? I was under the impression they weren't sold in the West (AFAIK the last AWD Celica we got was the 5th gen, the last one with pop up headlights).

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
We didn't get this car in the US, so I can totally appreciate somebody having one.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 12 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
We didn't get this car in the US, so I can totally appreciate somebody having one.

True, I was just a bit taken aback when you mentioned it was a GT4, since I was under the impression that the car was only available with RHD and that it couldn't be legally imported to the U.S. yet due to that 25 year rule (first one came out in 1993). Nevertheless, it is a pretty nice car regardless, it's a shame that Toyota stopped making the Celica.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 06:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

It's probably a conversion, just like there are people here who have SVXes with the Japanese transmissions. That someone would go through the trouble really makes me appreciate it. So yes, it's a GT-FOUR. Yes, we never got that car here. Yes, it's awesome.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 56 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
It's probably a conversion, just like there are people here who have SVXes with the Japanese transmissions. That someone would go through the trouble really makes me appreciate it. So yes, it's a GT-FOUR. Yes, we never got that car here. Yes, it's awesome.

That's definitely more dedicated than this one guy I used to know who simply made the exterior look like the GT4.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 26 2016, 07:19 PM
Kiroshino
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 07:40 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Quite a few of my favorite cars were represented. Thanks for sharing the pics! biggrin.gif

Makes me want to move back to Cali. You don't get too many clean examples of classic cars here.
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 08:03 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 23 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
Makes me want to move back to Cali.

That explains what a Japanese guy's doing in New England~ awesome.gif
PandaApex
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 11:42 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

Was great going to the event, was amazed at what cars came in general.
Really liked that Back to the Eighties sticker on the red Corolla coupe, and somehow I was in Don's shot of our cars. Was really glad I came, since I even got some minor inspiration from a guy who had a very well modified LS400.

Kinda annoyed about the people who were being pricks, especially that red RX-8. Kinda wish they got booted from the event as soon as that happened, because his stupid revving got a few other people to do it.
Tessou
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 02:47 PM

Group Icon

Next time there will be more active enforcement. A rules notice and agreement upon entering the lot, and a few people who are charged with enforcing those rules throughout the lot during the meet.

At least, that is what I would recommend. You could pay for private security if you wanted. For such a short time and a relatively small event, you could do it for a decent price.
Initial D World
  Posted: Jan 28 2016, 12:22 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

On January 24th 2016, we hosted our 3rd annual meet ( http://facebook.com/1629012720680152 ) in Lafayette Reservoir, CA. The attendance of the event was absolutely wild. In all of our past events, we always create a Facebook event page for it. The number of people said they will go never reflected the true attendance every time. In fact, we had a simple formula to gauge the approximate attending rate. Number of people say they are going divided by three for persons and divided by four for the cars.

Our little equation was completely broken on Sunday morning. The night before the big meet, we passed the 1,000 going mark on the event page. We thought, OK we are going to have about 350 people and 250 cars. When I get to the reservoir at 6:50am, there were already 15 cars and at least two dozen people. And the flow of traffic never stopped until we had to close the entrance gate on people. Majority of attendees showed up before 8am. By 9:05am, we reached full capacity. All 450 parking spots were filled and we estimated 800 people were present.

Some people, unfortunately had to turn away at the entrance. However, some did find parking near the reservoir and made the hike up the trail and joined the rest of us. We applaud for such passion these people have for Initial D. We sincerely apologize to those that got turn away. It never crossed our mind that our gathering would get this big. We wholeheartedly appreciate everyone for driving all the distance and on their best behaviors that day. Thank you everyone!!

We have compiled all the coverages of that day into one post for your convenience. Be sure to check out all the video footage and photos below!

| Initial D World Meet 2016.01.24 Photos |
» https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=48240 (110 photos by IDW)
» http://flic.kr/s/aHsksyZitC (69 photos by Alvin Concepcion Photography)
» https://goo.gl/rPbJKZ (16 photos by Keoni Bustos)
» https://goo.gl/jC49Ij (80 photos by Vim Chand)
» https://goo.gl/iXpKCw (417 photos by Import Image)
» https://goo.gl/ntTRZt (36 photos by Neil Haduca Banez)
» http://facebook.com/1552743411718705 (22 photos by Drive Swiftly)
» http://facebook.com/1676140525967371 (29 photos by Evan Engel)
» http://facebook.com/1676784199236337 (31 photos by Nomake Wan)
» https://goo.gl/mSrnRQ (60 photos by Alan Quiz)
» https://goo.gl/4A4hGU (59 photos by Noel Patrick Doyle)
» http://goo.gl/HSigZW (89 photos by Seth Adams)
» https://goo.gl/photos/yuAdKpxcLxUxLghv7 (38 photos by Aathavan Thayabaran)
» http://facebook.com/1678356755745748 (16 photos by Hannibal Chang)
» http://facebook.com/1677913052456785 (42 photos by Michael Igtiben)
» https://goo.gl/MQkyei (117 photos by Aj Toriumi)
» http://facebook.com/1676464102601680 (34 photos by Michael A. Cooper)
» http://flic.kr/s/aHsksocRWe (46 photos by conceptcarslifestyle.com)
» https://instagram.com/hard_park (200+ photos by HARD_PARK ‪#‎initialdmeet2016‬ and ‪#‎initialdmeet‬)

| HD video footage |
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=YC0D6OE6KWk (6:18 by Greg Mathews)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=2lOxC1zLbX0 (6:47 by Alvin Dizon from @Team Starbread)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=8U3jhOhaOAM (3:51 by Walter Lopez ‪#‎teamsupersarap‬)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2ogUhpoVw (3:26 by Paul Booker)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=EwT3E7AXHFc (3:05 by Chan Manuel)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=ukFo2mP3QVw (3:36 by HollidayGamer)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=sCf65Rthxu0 (1:55 by Eric Sanchez)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=AzPoIFzPXWM (1:28 by Jordan Boyd)
» https://youtube.com/watch?v=tA6HW47VN6U (0:26 by Grace Figuera)
» http://instagram.com/p/BA-1xtMI4N9 (0:15 by Anthony Alduncin)
» http://instagram.com/p/BA-yhx9I4Ha (0:15 by Anthony Alduncin)
» http://facebook.com/1676120692636021 (0:14 by Ed Villanueva)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Perry on Feb 1 2016, 10:57 PM
xiao
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 12:35 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou)
Next time there will be more active enforcement. A rules notice and agreement upon entering the lot, and a few people who are charged with enforcing those rules throughout the lot during the meet.

At least, that is what I would recommend. You could pay for private security if you wanted. For such a short time and a relatively small event, you could do it for a decent price.

Even though it's an internet meet-up, you'd think that grown men would act their age in person. There's a time and place for bro-culture...

...ICE ME BRO!!1 ICE ME WHILE THE EUROBEATZ ARE ON THE RADIO AND MY REV-LIMITER'S POPPIN' IT'S CHERRY BRO!!1 I SAID DO IT NOW BRO!!1...

...and that place is a college frat / some rodeo-barn in Texas in xiao's backyard. But so early in the morning and in a quiet little park, that's just not having any common sense.

Tessou's right on the mark~ Cheap security and a host at the entry of the meet requiring people to register while he/she informs the guests (in case they lack that common sense hemisphere in their cerebrums) of the rules and the consequences thereafter of breaking them, ie. security's gonna escort your loopy muffler if you act like it's Race Wars.

--- ---

And here's the videos IDW linked for those too lazy to click~

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC0D6OE6KWk )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lOxC1zLbX0 )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2ogUhpoVw )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukFo2mP3QVw )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCf65Rthxu0 )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPoIFzPXWM )

C'mon guys where's da eurobeat mang~!? awesome.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Jan 28 2016, 12:43 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 01:39 AM

Group Icon

The idiocy exists because the car culture still has the toxic element that we all have to deal with at meets like this. There's always that guy that decides that he has to mark his territory by being a showoff at an event where nobody fucking cares.

I mean, seriously. Why rev up an RX-8 when there are GT-Rs and at least one NSX in the same lot? That's like me revving my Ninja when there's a ZX-14R next to it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:10 AM

ShiMACHaze

APX
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:32 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

That dick gobbler.
xiao
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:38 AM

moon bunny

That #hashtag on his side-window is so ironic... rolleyes.gif
sushiyummy32
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:39 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 28 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2ogUhpoVw#t=38s

Oh look! There he is! mad.gif

#sorryboutit.

3 Pages  1 2 3