Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing 86, new birth

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,509  ·  Replies: 99 
> Nisemonogatari, formerly the "Bakemonogatari - Ghostory" thread
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 10:12 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Ah!!! Well that's good to hear since I like what I have seen so far... smile.gif
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 15 2009, 04:10 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ Oct 11 2009, 07:20 AM)
Well, I don't think you can count Episode 12 as part of the Tsubasa Cat arc. The only way it's related to the arc at all is the fact that the lunch date at the beginning of Episode 12 is alluded to in Episode 11 when Koyomi says he's got shit to do. If anything, Episode 12 is part of the Hitagi Crab arc, even though that ended with the whole crab battle thing at Suzaku--I mean Meme's creepy hang-out spot/loli vampire den/abandoned school/home.

The episode was titled under Tsubasa Cat so i was just going off that =P. I havn't read the novels yet so i don't know whether they jumbled things around in between the arcs or not though.

Speaking off which the BakaTsuki project seems to be translating the Bakemonogatari novels now as well happy.gif
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.ph...=Bakemonogatari
Only Kizumonogatari has been done so far though, which is the prequel that we saw snippets off in the beginning of the very first episode.

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Oct 15 2009, 04:11 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 15 2009, 08:22 PM

Oh man, I finally got my ends on the last 6 episodes I needed... It's funny how this series is selling so well despite the production values...
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 17 2009, 07:59 PM

whut?

Production values isn't so much the issue as it is time management, what with the aniplex funding, pizza hut sponsors and what not. Shinbo (the director) and Shaft are pretty notorious for pushing deadlines pretty close, along with handing in episode tapes to network only 5 mins before broadcast time pinch2.gif

As long as they fix it up in the BD/DVD's it's all good though, which might possibly be one of the main driving factors for Bakemonogatari's sale figures. The first volume sold about 56,000 copies in the first two weeks, and had one of the highest 1st week sales numbers. It's beaten pretty much everything else save for massive robot animes like Gundam. Suck on that K-ON! laugh.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 17 2009, 09:42 PM

Hrmmm... I thought some issues people found were with the animation being bad in a quite a few places?
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Oct 17 2009, 10:52 PM

Darling, won't you ease my worried mind?

Member No.: 1,828

Yeah, it gets spotty at times.

I'm usually rather picky about animation quality, but I really don't mind with this series. Due to the whole wacky nature of Shaft's style and the fact that the entire show rides on the dialogue, I couldn't care less about the animation quality itself unless it were horribly shoddy.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 17 2009, 10:55 PM

whut?

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Hrmmm...  I thought some issues people found were with the animation being bad in a quite a few places?

Yea pretty much eps 10. Not sure if you've watched it yet but a lot of cuts weren't animated in time so those that weren't finished were replaced with this one saying:
"cut due to circumstances".
user posted image

This isn't the first time that they've failed to complete an episode on time.
It's happened before in Hidamari Sketch in what's now regarded as the "fuji-san incident". Basically whole portions of the background were left unfinished such as the image below.
user posted image
There's suppose to be mount fuji in the background there, but instead it just says "fuji-san".
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 09:06 AM

So finished up the Monkey Paw arc and started the Snake one and yeah, I guess I never really paid a lot of attention but there are a lot of cuts per episode (I counted at least 10-15 in one episode), I wonder if they fixed it up for the DVD/Blu Ray release.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 24 2009, 11:49 PM

whut?

The ones that say "unumbered cuts", i have a feeling they might be intentionally used for scene transitions and/or to add dramatic effect. But the ones in eps 10 that say "cut due to circumstances" were definitely unfinished work and should be fixed when the DVD's and BD's roll around.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 12:45 AM

Yeah well Shaft is odd, they did Zetsubou Sensei right? I remember the animation for one of the OPs being all over the place and weird.

I do wonder if the "cuts" were fixed in the DVDs and BDs.

EDIT: Looks like someone is actually fansubbing the BDs, but damn is the filesize huge (550 MB).

This post has been edited by BOZZY on Oct 25 2009, 12:46 AM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 25 2009, 01:16 AM

whut?

That still doesn't beat the last episode of Basquash! though, the encoder got lazy and so the file size ended up at like 600mbs pinch2.gif

BTW do you know if they've subbed the extra DVD contents as well? There are bonus in-character episode commentaries by the voice actors/actresses written by the authour himself that are supposedly pretty entertaining to watch.

And to answer your question, yea Shaft did do Zetsubou Sensei, along with Maria Holic, ef and a whole bunch of other weird and unique stuff that they like to do tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Oct 25 2009, 01:17 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 01:40 AM

No idea, to be honest with you. One of the torrents I saw mentions extras, which includes some OPs or something.

I guess Shaft is quite quirky... smile.gif

Damn though, they've been around since 1975... wow...
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 27 2009, 01:33 AM

whut?

Eps 13 delayed till 2/11/09

All well, what's another 5 extra days gonna do? I've been in worse lol tongue.gif At least they're taking the time to do the episode right, which is good to see.

In the meantime, here's some nice Bakemonogatari elevator music to help you wait lol laugh.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8gP0wDCMc4 )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVF1CGBNe4 )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZofoucO_M )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGCnLcZHfA )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgjB8kI91w )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb2THw34HiU )
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 27 2009, 09:59 AM

So I finished the "last episode" and now I see how it's a "last episode" lol...

Did Shaft run out of money or something?
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Oct 31 2009, 04:49 PM

whut?

They've got plenty of money for Bakemonogatari. They're scheduling just sucks since they're slightly understaffed.

But in truth they could broadcast the last 3 eps whenever they want since it's not like they have any deadlines to meet anymore, apart from the release date of the DVD's that is...
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 10:23 PM

Ah... Hmm... I do want to see more though... I really want to see more about how the main character got into the circumstances where he became a vamp.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 10:13 AM

The first ONA episode has been streamed and subbed!!!!
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 11:44 AM

Yeah, downloaded it last night, but I probably won't get around to watching it for a few days.

Shit better not disappoint.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 07:37 PM

I watched about half of it... To me it does not disappoint... smile.gif
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 07:43 PM

Without giving any spoilers, what's it about? Is it Tsubasa Cat? (Real Tsubasa Cat, not star gazing)
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 07:58 PM

To answer you without giving spoilers... I will say... the answer to your question lies within!

SPOILER

bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 4 2009, 08:57 PM

whut?

Eps 13 was fantastic just like any other episode of Bakemonogatari, so shouldn't need to worry bout anything there happy.gif

And yes, while the stars have faded the cat is out of the bag again so to speak tongue.gif

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 1 hour, 8 minutes ago)
I watched about half of it... To me it does not disappoint... smile.gif

You know I've always wondered how you're able to watch half episodes. Do you just quickly posts on the forums halfway through or do you put it on hold altogether to finish another time? I seriously hate leaving episodes or even story arcs for that matter hanging halfway through pinch2.gif
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 09:05 PM

I absolutely love stepping away during the middle of an arc because it helps build suspense. The best place to step away is the climax episode/chapter.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 09:35 PM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 38 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
Eps 13 was fantastic just like any other episode of Bakemonogatari, so shouldn't need to worry bout anything there happy.gif

And yes, while the stars have faded the cat is out of the bag again so to speak tongue.gif

You know I've always wondered how you're able to watch half episodes. Do you just quickly posts on the forums halfway through or do you put it on hold altogether to finish another time? I seriously hate leaving episodes or even story arcs for that matter hanging halfway through pinch2.gif

I watch half an episode, lose interest then eventually go back to finish since I am a completist lol...
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 4 2009, 09:35 PM

whut?

I step away preferably either at the start or end of an arc. Suspense makes you die younger, i can do without my heart skipping a beat every so often lol =P

EDIT: LOL! Got beat by BOZZ by 6 seconds tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Nov 4 2009, 09:37 PM

4 Pages  1 2 3 4