Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Dave Rodgers - The Race Of The Night

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 11,352  ·  Replies: 109 
> Fastest Driver, A poll for the fun.

Who is the fastest driver?
Takumi Fujiwara [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Keisuke Takahashi [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Ryosuke Takahashi [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Bunta Fujiwara [ 35 ]  [74.47%]
Shinji Inui [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
God Hand [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
God Foot [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Initial D: Arcade Stage's protagonist (Customizable Player Character) [ 5 ]  [10.64%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Raegan_Mckane
  Posted on Sep 20 2014, 11:07 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,755

By far, many will want to vote on one of these names, as many happens to like this show (As i do as well), so, without much else to say... who do you think is the fastest driver in the series?.

(The protagonist from Arcade Stage is also included, as it's demonstrated on the autopilot (Seen in a gackt video featuring Arcade Stage 7 AAX briefly) that happens to be ALOT smoother than Takumi (Yes, he is racing against the player character in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=LnjulO9hObg), that's why i included the androgynous protagonist.).

I'll get the ball rolling, mine goes for Arcade Stage's protagonist because he/she managed to beat Project D.

This post has been edited by Raegan_Mckane on Sep 20 2014, 11:10 PM
Falbere
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 02:38 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

We've done this long ago lol... but the idea of IDAS protagonist? Nah he/she is a variable. When EXP@SP is playing as the protagonist he is better than everyone. If I am playing, I dunno man, I wasn't able to beat even Itetani yet.

The definite answer, as always, shall be Bunta. This is pointless. We've yet to see his full strength yet. When he battles Takumi, who was struggling against the strongest street racers in Kanto, he was sort of in this "one hand steer" casual mode, one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand holding a cig, drifting and using gutters, all done with eyes closed. But if the car's peformances comes to place, Ryosuke (my beloved aniki!~). After upgrading his FC, he can easily go over 200KM/H on Toyo Tyres Turnpike in Hakone against Hojo Rin. His FC is easily able to run the C1 Loop on shutokou.

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Sep 21 2014, 03:26 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 02:52 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 43,964

Makes me wonder who would win if between Ryosuke and Bunta. The FC had been quite heavily upgraded, while Bunta's Impreza isn't. Altough its got the 4WD

And also i want to see how would Bunta do when he go 100%...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 21 2014, 02:54 AM
Falbere
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 03:01 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 8 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
Makes me wonder who would win if between Ryosuke and Bunta. The FC had been quite heavily upgraded, while Bunta's Impreza isn't. Altough its got the 4WD

And also i want to see how would Bunta do when he go 100%...

Set the stage on wangan? Ryosuke wins. Any touge with average speed of 130KM/H and below is bunta't territory. That includes Akina, Akigi and others. On Myogi Ryosuke might just stand a chance if bunta decides to not drive seriously. But I am not sure about the Impreza being lightly tuned, what if it is a monster EJ Twin Turbo boosting up to 700BHP under that completely stock intake vents? awesome.gif

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Sep 21 2014, 03:11 AM
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 03:15 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 13 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Set the stage on wangan? Ryosuke wins. Any touge with average speed of 130KM/H and below is bunta't territory. That includes Akina, Akigi and others. On Myogi Ryosuke might just stand a chance if bunta decides to not drive seriously. But I am not sure about the Impreza being lightly tuned, what if it is a monster EJ Twin Turbo boosting up to 700BHP under that completely stock intake vents? awesome.gif

Akina's hill have more slope at the end so Bunta might have a chance.

700hp EJ owned by a tofu vendor ?....

Then again Bunta got the Group A AE101 TRD Engine so..

Falbere
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 03:25 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 9 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Akina's hill have more slope at the end so Bunta might have a chance.

700hp EJ owned by a tofu vendor ?....

Then again Bunta got the Group A AE101 TRD Engine so..

Indeed, he appears to have some, you know, "connections". Didn't Keiichi Tsuchiya called Bunta once in the anime, and he said he was traumatized by Bunta's drift. You know... Keiichi could've easily used his status as DoriKing to get a nice TRD high-revving silvertop.
kyonpalm
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 08:25 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Tada Banri.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 08:32 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Ryosuke would get destroyed by Bunta, period. The gap in skill is too large for Ryosuke to overcome.

Look at this as an example. Ryosuke almost got it handed to him in the original FC by Kyoichi, on his home course. He could only exploit a glaring weakness to win. In the revamped FC, he defeated Shinigami, but only after a rather tense battle. It was never something that he could just breeze through.

Meanwhile Bunta, any time he is actually "racing" another car, manager to glide right past the opponent with little to no effort. Ryosuke is not at that level, and considering his studies and real world shit, possibly never will. It's not his path in life.

You'd be better off comparing Takumi to Bunta since the ending to Final Stage showed him continuing a career (I guess) in professional racing. He has a much, much better chance at giving his old man a good race in the future, although I doubt that he would ever beat him. Bunta is not an opponent that is designed to be defeated. He is the carrot on a stick for characters to chase in order to improve and/or to learn a lesson of some sort. Like many shonen series', the creator makes a "god character" that he/she only brings out on occasion to demonstrate that the protagonist or some other high level character is not as great as they think they are.

Think of Bunta like Hiko Seijuro from Rurouni Kenshin. The author explicitly stated that Hiko, as Kenshin's teacher and mentor, is too powerful to use regularly in the series, so he is treated as a wild card that is only used when absolutely necessary. Nobody in the series could ever conceivably defeat him, or even make him flinch.

ADDX: Also, having "the IDAS protagonist" as an option is equally fruitless. It's only serving as selfish wish fulfillment.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Sep 21 2014, 08:46 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 11:40 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

By the series, the answer is clearly Bunta.

But I'd be curious how fast Sudo ACTUALLY is, considering we never see him go 10/10ths in the series.
Tessou
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 12:00 PM

Group Icon

He's probably quite fast, if he'd just apply himself. His hesitation and lack of willingness to take risks are his downfall.
Meteor
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 12:58 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

I'd say Kyouichi's 10/10ths would probably amount to late-Project D Keisuke's 8/10ths, maybe briefly getting up to 9/10ths if he gets a little lucky. Not the fastest out there, but still pretty fast - could give Kobayakawa and Minagawa some trouble.

But of course, giving people like them trouble assumes he doesn't end up below 9/10ths at the wrong moment. His driving isn't quite as polished as Takumi's or Keisuke's, so holding back would be worse for him than it'd be for them. All that can really be ruled out is him overdoing 10/10ths and pulling a Nakazato - he's smart enough not to push the car harder than he can maintain control over it.
Tessou
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 02:21 PM

Group Icon

His inability to push the limit is what keeps him on the B-list.
fettman53
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 07:07 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

At one point during Project D, Ryosuke mentions that both Takumi and Keisuke have both surpassed him in terms of racing ability if comparing him at his prime with them as they are now. This means that these two could beat Ryosuke without much issue. One of them DID beat Ryosuke, if you remember. Possibly twice, if we're counting the race at the end of third stage as an official race.

Bunta overtook Takumi like it was a joke.

I think that was enough to convince me who was better among the two concerning Bunta and Ryosuke.

And I agree about Kyoichi: he SEEMS capable enough, but he's got a ways to go.

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Sep 21 2014, 07:07 PM
Falbere
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 10:21 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

What if we put them on the aqualine instead of a touge?
Tessou
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 10:26 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 5 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
What if we put them on the aqualine instead of a touge?

This is Initial D, not Wanking Midnight. I hate when people bring up the possibility of Initial D characters racing on the highway, but let's entertain the idea.

Bunta would still win. Backwards. Sitting on the rear wing smoking ten cigarettes with his butthole. Without the engine running. It doesn't matter who you pit him against and/or what car they're driving. His archetype is specifically designed to win regardless of the odds. He gets infinite boost simply by existing.
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 21 2014, 11:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

You know ? This conversation got me wondering if Keisuke or Takumi battles againts Shinigami. Could they escape his attacks ? Ryosuke managed to escape those attacks like it was nothing made me wonder sometimes if Takumi and Keisuke surpassed him by far or not.

HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 12:00 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

This is a hats off scenario for Bunta, he already knows everything the other characters might have just discovered about racing the mountain passes. God hand and God foot won't stand a chance, because the purple shadow (especially downhill was defeated by a handful of luck.) And I haven't seen Bunta lose even by just Takumi pulling his charms on lady luck. facepalm.gif
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 01:29 AM

IDW Regular Member

But Takumi claimed that God Hand has the same aura as Bunta in the Impreza. The manipulating lines that God Hand uses is pretty impressive too.

HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 03:34 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

God hand's manipulating lines is (in my opinion) not the result of tire preservation just like as he had pointed, it is the result of the opposite (tire wear). He adjusts his lines according to tire wear, the more worn out the tires, the better line he chooses.

This trick he needs to pull off just to try and beat Takumi and failed to do so because Takumi is one lucky son of a b****, but Bunta on the otherhand, do not need such a thing to defeat Takumi on Takumi's home course, he just needs to be the Legendary Racer he always was. Still Bunta. facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by HyperSonic on Sep 22 2014, 03:36 AM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 08:45 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 7 hours, 16 minutes ago)
But Takumi claimed that God Hand has the same aura as Bunta in the Impreza. The manipulating lines that God Hand uses is pretty impressive too.

The same feeling of being completely overwhelmed would count as that "aura". However, Bunta would not be fooled by Godhand's little psych-out trick and would have no issue ripping right by him.
maxofsteam
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 10:34 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,805

Bunta would probably win with anything with 4 wheels.

yes, even a soapbox
Gunma's 34
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 11:24 AM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

There's only one person capable of taking down Bunta - the legendary 5-year old of the downhi-/SHOTSOBAD
Tessou
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 01:32 PM

Group Icon

Bunta aside, who is the fastest? Is Takumi really the cream of the crop, or is Godhand actually the true champion?
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 01:35 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Bunta aside, who is the fastest? Is Takumi really the cream of the crop, or is Godhand actually the true champion?

If Takumi uses the impreza, he's maybe second fastest after Bunta.

Tessou
Posted on Sep 22 2014, 01:50 PM

Group Icon

He's never been shown to really effectively use the Impreza, though. Trials on Akina, maybe, but never actual "race mode".

5 Pages  1 2 3 »