Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - DECADANCE

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,502  ·  Replies: 164 
> Maximum Tune Players, Why are they always mocking us?
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:01 PM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

First of all, I'm making this Thread, NOT to start a War, or Flame, or anything else, I'm just giving My View of Opinion..

I'm a Versatile Player, good at MT and ID, I respect both Games, even start Foruming at both Sites (IDW & WME) I notice that why does some Wangan Players there mocking us?I read something like this:

"Those morons from ID3 players keep doing TST, jerking the Shifter thinking it's ID, OMG"

"Stupid Tofu AE86, thrash car, GT-R FTW"

"If You wanna Race in the Mountain with Boring Shifting, play ID"

And many others, but I'm lazy to look for them up again, and grab some Quotes to give some Proof, maybe I'll do it later.. wink2.gif

I don't see that in here, IDW.. dry.gif I'm not trying to suggest that we should mock them either cool.gif

Maybe it's just Me too, since My Area here there's some kinda bias between MT & ID Players ermm2.gif

This post has been edited by -ShinRei- on Apr 12 2009, 08:06 PM
stormfox
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:07 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

yea well... i love to ask them to give ID a try.
but most of them wont even try.
Dare them to try.. they tend to epic fail..

so yea...
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:11 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

I play both. Whatever.
J]-[UN
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:18 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

Used to play both games, in fact I was one of the pioneer wangan players here, it only started getting popular some time after I stopped, with Malaysians being so afraid to learn something new and all....

Can honestly say ID is more intense and requires a lot more energy to play, but I liked Wangan cos it was pretty fun as well and more relaxing (in general).
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:22 PM

The Legendary R Master

Well I also enjoy both games, it's just that those Guys in the Wangan..Can't just they keep it to themselves? rolleyes.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:25 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

At my arcade, the Maximum Tune machines are right next to the Initial D machines and both games would usually have a pretty biased crowed.
Though I mostly play Maximum Tune, at times I would go over to the Initial D machine to play a couple rounds and both crowds would be surprised by it.
It's whatever.
Heron
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 08:58 PM

逆天改命

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,391

It never really mattered to me. I play both games too and I am more noob in Wangan...

But I like ID better. Personal preference. Especially v3 and v5. =)

Never seen one that talked thrash to me about IDAS though.
Maikeru
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:35 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 28,530

There's a far bigger population of kids in wmmt than in ID. So most of the comments are by those stupid kids who think going 340km/h in a straight line and then drifting sideways at 250km/h is cool.

They had to make a mountain course on a highway racing game to make it even remotely fun.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,432

my first impression of Wangan is rather biased...lots of straightway racing...dodge vehicles...crazy speeds (but possible in real life)...even their touge races are crazy.

i was already a hardcore fan of initial D before i saw Wangan so i didn't bother myself to try Wangan...but i am very sure that's the mentality many of the Wangan players have too now...hehe grin2.gif

in SG crowds gather mainly because many people play Wangan in groups so it becomes a hyped thing to play Wangan instead of ID5...but i do see pro groups playing at dhoby ghuat zone x almost everyday too...

different people have different preferences for games...whether it's realistic or not we are all there to have fun and burn our pockets isn't it? grin2.gif

Rei.G
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:38 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

Wangan seems more fun to me. especially tackling Hakone & evading other npc cars while getting best lines.
The tuning and ghost system is thumbs up.

i stop playing at wangan2 because it's too expensive to continue playing.
stormfox
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:45 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (shaojie @ 7 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
my first impression of Wangan is rather biased...lots of straightway racing...dodge vehicles...crazy speeds (but possible in real life)...even their touge races are crazy.

i was already a hardcore fan of initial D before i saw Wangan so i didn't bother myself to try Wangan...but i am very sure that's the mentality many of the Wangan players have too now...hehe grin2.gif

in SG crowds gather mainly because many people play Wangan in groups so it becomes a hyped thing to play Wangan instead of ID5...but i do see pro groups playing at dhoby ghuat zone x almost everyday too...

different people have different preferences for games...whether it's realistic or not we are all there to have fun and burn our pockets isn't it? grin2.gif

you havent seen what ID was like back in V2 and V3 days?

it has a far far bigger crowd than even Wangan now. basically every arcade that has ID machines had their own racing team at that time. challenges and races between teams were going on from time to time...

ahh... those where the golden days of ID SG laugh.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:47 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (Maikeru @ 12 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
There's a far bigger population of kids in wmmt than in ID. So most of the comments are by those stupid kids who think going 340km/h in a straight line and then drifting sideways at 250km/h is cool.

They had to make a mountain course on a highway racing game to make it even remotely fun.

Try having a 4-way battle in C1, New Belt Line, Yokohane, and/or Osaka... SEX! whistling.gif
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:49 PM

The Legendary R Master

@Maikeru

Yes, I'm guessing it's the Kids too as well laugh.gif

@Rei.G & shaojie

It's just as expensive as ID and Me too have a bias towards MT before, but since I get the hang of MT already, so no more. smile.gif

@stormfox

aaaahhhh, I miss those times too, where V3 and MT2 match each other sad.gif
shaojie
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 10:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

@stormfox

looks like i have certainly missed out the golden age of ID... crying2.gif

ID was still unknown to me at that time...i do see crowds here and there but that's all. too bad for me as a noob at that time. haha.
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 10:13 PM

The Legendary R Master

I think, seeing how ID5 goes already, ID will have it's Golden Age once again happy.gif

Haven't tried it though grin2.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 10:56 PM

逆天改命

Member No.: 32,391

Well, if we have our own online battles, maybe IDAS will go back to its former glory.

Hopefully this time though all cars get their time in the spotlight.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 11:00 PM

IDW Expert Member

can i suggest that ID5 is of GT5's graphics (almost) with ID game engine...? laugh.gif

i think that's the most important part that attracted me to play it...

too bad the SG network is too crappy for us to do online battles...i am SO envious of those jap guys... crying2.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 12:24 AM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (Heron @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
Well, if we have our own online battles, maybe IDAS will go back to its former glory.

Hopefully this time though all cars get their time in the spotlight.

yea agreed!

hmm.. singapore network crappy? eh.. ppl have been playing FPS on local internet for a loong time. works fine.

well.. it all depends on how they code their network communication section.

fingers crossed!
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 12:38 AM

IDW Expert Member

what i meant is at japan the network is partly implemented by SEGA, arcades etc. but i don't think the SG counterparts are gonna follow...so it's crappy in a sense of the network equipment needed by the arcade to link the machines up are not there...and maybe the region thingy has to be implemented in the software too...?

but i am sure as long as the online battles were to come the crowd and racing teams will surely come back... grin2.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 01:03 AM

Underdog Nutcase

it will surely help.

AS5 need more game modes.
Bunta mode is sorely missed by many since he is much more challenging than typical AI.
Ghost races would be good.. many racing games already have it. why not ID?
Maybe make it such that the 4cabinets can battle with each other (any 2 will do) will make it much easier to set up battles (no need to wait for the other side to finish with his single player),
etc..

ah,.. i'm dreaming again am i? grin2.gif
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 01:42 AM

IDW Expert Member

all of these would be good! agree agree! grin2.gif

i will go for bunta mode as the top priority...we get more challenging races besides in-store battles...moreover the game engine now is quite different from the PSP version...so i am sure bunta is sorely missed by us in AS5

i suggest that more tracks to be released too...like the one (which i forgot) where takumi goes against the cappucino...or the one where keisuke got his FD3S damaged! either one of them will be fun in AS5! w00t2.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 01:51 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Syomaru
Tsuchizaka
Real Usui...

err.. wont it be tooooo many maps to learn?
zero-g
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 02:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,653

LOL i rather wait for the initial d manga to be completed and then hope sega to develop the final arcade stage series which includes every course thats been in the manga storyline.. but it would be too much though laugh.gif

add hakone, momiji, enna, well basically all course? laugh.gif laugh.gif

this dream is very far.... sad.gif
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 02:36 AM

IDW Expert Member

more maps means we can play for longer times and against better characters/players! haha. laugh.gif
Kenji
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 02:49 AM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

Those are just biased reply, or rather, fanboy-ism of certain Wangan players. I started playing V2 then to V3 a year later. The moments during those days can never be replaced with my moments while playing MT.

Those statements is usually made by certain members in WME that despise newbies making new threads, especially those involved comparison with ID and elements of ID. Somehow they forgotten that they also once a newbie.

A Trueno in MT is a good addition and trust me, it wont be easily whooped by GTRs if the car is available in MT. In MT, especially DX, every cars is very balanced out.

I urge the whole ID community to just ignore these statements.
Afterall, both has their specialty and both is off different racing genre.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »