Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) King & Queen - Dance Europe Express

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,018  ·  Replies: 69 
> [FANFIC] The Muscle Drifter, An Initial D FanFic
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 25 2012, 08:06 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,471

I accidentally stumbled on a site and read a few of the stories written there. There are a lot of good stories and there is one in particular caught my attention. It was written by Shadow55419. I encouraged him to post it here but he gave me permission to post it myself since he's new in the community.

The Muscle Drifter

Chapter 1

It's a chilly early November night in Stanley, North Carolina. A tallish, 24 year old, man with blonde hair, wearing a black leather jacket over a t-shirt and black jeans, leaned against his car, a modernized marina blue 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle with white Super Sport stripes down the middle of the hood and trunk, and matching blue and white for the interior, that was parked outside an old tire and lube place the group had been meeting at for at least eight years.

The man looked as though he had a lot on his mind and wanted to be left alone.

"Yo, David…I mean, boss," a black haired man said as he nervously approached the car.

"What's up Jason?" David asked as he pushed himself off his car.

"That guy over there said something about racing the fastest guy in the area, I think he's the one who's been running all over the county and winning against some of the other team's bosses, but I'll run against him if you want me too," Jason responded not noticing David's uncomfortable appearances.

"No that's alright, I guess one last race before I go won't kill me, shouldn't take long either," the blonde man replied as he removed his heavy leather coat and laid it on his passenger seat before getting behind the wheel of the large vehicle.

As he approached the starting line of a 14 plus mile sprint that was laid out across a lot of public road, David started thinking back across the last two weeks. His job was transferring him to Japan for two years, to him it was for no apparent reason other than his boss thought he was out for his job but, coming from his superiors it was for training and the like. It was lucky for David that he had to learn Japanese to deal with some of the investors. He was leaving the place he had called home for 24 years in two weeks and he was dreading having to leave his car for any amount of time.

Thinking now about his car, his Chevelle, the car he had built over two years and had driven for five years now and raced for four of those years. David had built the car practically from the ground up, the motor and all, in his spare time. The factory bucket style seats remained in the car, and they were covered in white vinyl with blue inserts in the centers that matched the door and dash panels all of the blues were as close to the marina blue exterior as possible, blue factory style lap belts also remained in place instead of a safer bucket and four point racing harness set up. He painted it in a loaned paint booth and all the work that had ever been done to the motor was done by him in a friend's garage. David had built this car for showing off and going fast, not just going fast like some others did with muscle cars, even took it to cruise in nights in and around town.

He built the new motor off a crate aluminum LS6 motor adding the supercharger and boring the cylinders out .030 of an inch over original along with re-tightening the compression ratio in the motor to 13:1 using flat top pistons. He put the heads together with a five angle valve job, along with porting both the exhaust and intake ports and NASCAR spec valve train with hydraulic roller lifters and roller rocker arms coupled with a cam aggressive enough to move it all. The new motor came after the original 396 spun a rod bearing and locked up with just over ninety thousand miles on the motor.

This combination of parts and brains gave his car more power than most could ever dream of without a blower coming through the hood, coming out at close to 800 hp and 700 ft-lbs of torque or better at the rear wheels. The suspension and frame were reinforced to compensate so that the chassis didn't twist and send the machine off the road but remained as close to factory as possible. No shop had ever touched his car, and unless it was absolutely necessary they never would. He may have worked as a business manager for a company that had branches all over the world, but in his mind cars were the only thing that brought peace to his restless mind, and heavy foot.

At the start line Jason stood in front of the Chevelle and a 2002 Honda S2000. He raised his arms and yelled over the two growling motors, the Chevelle sounding like a NASCAR motor at a full gallop, the Honda's barely audible over the exhaust note of the machine next to it: "Ready…. Go!" as his arms dropped and he ducked between the two cars to keep from falling on his butt as the Chevelle's front wheels left the ground in a short hop brought on by the torque the supercharged 454 was putting out, both motors screaming as the two cars left the start line behind them.

"He started slow," Jason muttered as he watched the Chevelle fall behind the smaller Honda.

David had deliberately allowed the Honda ahead, allowing himself to observe his opponent's style till the first corner where he would leave him sucking on dust and exhaust fumes.

As the roads natural curves got sharper David adjusted his foot work and steering while still simply cruising along behind the Honda and its driver, who seemed to be having a hard time keeping the car on a proper line.

"The major turns are blocked by some of the folks that run out here, just make sure you don't hit any of them," David had overheard Jason telling the Honda's driver as he pulled up next to him. This simple statement of fact made David laugh a little seeing how much the Honda seemed to be struggling to keep the barely trying Chevelle behind it.

At the first corner a car blocked one of the two paths the road took, and the Honda swung out too wide nearly hitting it while David simply drove through the ninety degree right hand corner by swinging the tail only as much as necessary and leaving the Honda behind him, he began putting on a bit of a show letting the heavy car carry itself around the corners using only the pedals to keep it from flying out of control and into a tree or worse.

As they approached David's favorite place along the course, a long sweeping right hand curve, he allowed the car to swing out across the road and with as little counter steer as possible he cleared the curve at 90 miles an hour without even breaking a sweat while feeling the g-forces trying to push him out of the back corner of the seat.

Again he started thinking more about the past four years he had been racing in the Chevelle. His mind flashed back to his first win on the very course he was running, against the leader of the Timber Wolves team.

"The deal is anyone who can beat me takes over the team, it's a tradition in this area, you have nothing to really lose if you don't cross that line before me but I have everything to lose, so I'll be going at my best, I want the same out of you," The old leader of the Timber Wolves said as he got into his car.

"You have a deal," David half shouted over the drone of the motors of the other cars as they moved off the start line.

"David, the course you're going to run tonight is different from the normal, this track is a tradition among the leaders of the teams in this area, only the leaders race on it so they know it well," Jason said through the window of the Chevelle as it waited on the start line.

David's knowledge of the course he'd lived off of for twenty years and his car had allowed him to jump out in front and stay there till the last turn where his opponent tried to pass him but the extra power the modified V8 had over the smaller six cylinder allowed him to stay in front and win the battle and his leadership role in the Timber Wolves.

That race was nearly three years ago and David realized that if his mind had wondered that far he was going to easily win this race as well. He slammed the brakes and allowed the car to once again slide around the curves of the road as he floored the accelerator to bring the rear end back behind him. He came up on the corner that every one hated but him. A sharp left hander that required everyone to nearly stop to clear it due to its extreme angle.

He pulled the steering wheel hard right before slamming the brake pedal to the floor and pulling the wheel back to the left, allowing the back of the car to swing out sideways and then letting the back go just a little further making it look like the nose of the car was chasing the back of it before countering with the front wheels and his foot work to make sure it stayed in the proper direction, lining the car up perfectly with the exit as he floored the accelerator to pull the heavy car out of the slide and continue on its marry way, the 454 under its hood roaring like a pissed off lion as it pushed the car towards the next corner.

The people who were fascinated to see what other racers did at that corner were standing in awe as the Honda drove past and using the e-brake to slide through the corner.

By the time the Honda saw the tail lights of the Chevelle again, the driver was watching as David slid through the next corner not knowing it was the last time he would see those rectangular tail lamps till he crossed the finish line and looked in his rear view mirrors after passing it at the line.

In the four years David had been a street racer he had raced quit a few times as the leader of the Timber Wolves but his favorite had to have been before he ever even considered going after the Timber Wolves leader, against a punk kid who had been shooting his mouth off most of the night about his times and his car.

"I'll beat anyone who wants a go at me," the kid said standing next to a race ready appearing 1994 Nissan 240SX.

"Alright, I'll have a go, see what you can do against me and mine," David said pointing to the marina blue Chevelle behind him that back in those days was still running a 396 block that had been bored out to a 400.

The kid leaned against his car remaining silent for a moment before accepting David's proposal with a simple nod of his head. As they lined their cars up on the official starting line, the kid was still quiet.

When the starter dropped her arms David let the clutch out and launched the Chevelle into a wheel stand before bringing it back down and flat walking away from the 240 and its driver. It was David's easiest win ever.

David's mind came back from the race that took place three and a half years ago, he looked in his rear view mirror noticing he no longer saw the S2000, and realizing that he was very close to the finish line, he floored the pedal and flew across the line as fast as he could before turning the car one hundred and eighty degrees to watch his opponent cross it as he had always done.

He was going to miss all this and he knew it, he had made arrangements to have the Chevelle that was currently vibrating beneath his feet to be sent to Japan a month after his arrival so he could at least be settled when it got to him but he was going to miss the place he called home more than the car.

The evening ended as pretty much a farewell party for David because he would spend the next two weeks getting everything ready to leave.

David woke up the next morning staring at an unfamiliar ceiling, before remembering he'd spent the night at the house where his Chevelle would be stored for the next month. He stood in the houses four car garage staring at his marina blue machine resting peacefully between his friend Jason's scorch red 1970 Plymouth GTX and a car under a cover, its bullet shaped fenders and the louvers over the back glass pressing their forms into the tight fitting cover. This was David's secret project, only Jason and the Timber Wolves knew anything about it so far.

Again David had this feeling that the Chevelle wouldn't make it to Japan when it was supposed to, but he brushed this off as he climbed into a four door sedan he would drive until he left for Japan.

The company he worked for actually had agreed to pay the shipping fees for his car and belongings as well as the two years of Japanese taxes on the car to get him to go to Japan for them, but he was still concerned about where he would keep the car once he had it in Japan.

This post has been edited by HyperSonic on Nov 12 2012, 01:22 AM
shadow55419
Posted: Sep 25 2012, 08:31 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 39,000

just reading it again is cool biggrin.gif
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 25 2012, 08:35 PM

IDW Regular Member

I didn't know you will be reading it here again. I want to say "I'm glad you like it" but I think I don't have enough right to say that to you, lol.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 08:44 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

This is a really good start. I'm looking forward to more if there is more. Keep it up! smile.gif
Saxifrage
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 11:50 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

Nice story.I like the start.I guess David will meet Initial D characters in Japan? awesome.gif
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 27 2012, 01:18 AM

IDW Regular Member

He would really meet Initial D characters in Japan of course.

Chapter 2

Two weeks after his last race as leader of the Timber Wolves team in America, David walked through Narita airport in Japan. He caught sight of a man slightly older then himself holding a sign with his name neatly printed on it.

"So you're the driver sent to get me where I'm going till my car gets here next month?" David asked in near perfect Japanese that earned him a surprised smile from the driver as the he took his luggage from him.

"I am, however your company has asked me to bring you to their offices first so they can welcome you to Japan, then I am to take you to the house your new boss got for you sir," the driver responded as he lead David to a black Mercedes sitting in front of the building.

"What house? I was made aware of a condo in a company owned building," David asked hoping the driver would know something more.

"I'm just a driver that has the address for both places and I was told it was a house, not meaning to be rude sir, but I don't know anything more then I was told," The driver chuckled when he saw David's profound look of disbelief.

About an hour later they arrived at the Japan headquarters of the company David worked for, a rather tall building in the middle of Tokyo.

"This is the first stop sir, I'll be in the parking lot, have the person at the front desk call this number when you're ready to leave, and I'll come get you at the front door," The driver said with a smile after he opened the door for David and handing him a card.

"Thanks for the lift and I'm really not sure what etiquette calls for here, I've never been picked up in a limo before, but can I ask that you stop calling me sir?" David said scratching the back of his head before giving a slight bow.

"Don't worry about that right now, I can teach you on the way to the house, it's over in the Gunma prefecture, and sure, if you're uncomfortable with anything just tell me," the driver said ushering the younger man to the door.

As David walked into the building he noticed the very old world traditional style the lobby was designed with. He also noticed the very large hand carved wooden desk in the middle of the room.

"Hello, my name is David Crandon, I think I'm expected," the tall blonde said as he approached the desk.

"Yes sir, you are asked to the 35th floor, the elevators are over there," the receptionist responded as she pointed towards the elevator doors just down the hall behind the desk.

"Thank you and could you call this number next time you see me, it's for the driver the company sent for me," David said handing her the card as the receptionist nodded.

Five minutes after getting to the building he found himself feeling absolute calm instead of the nervousness he would have normally felt in this kind of situation.

What most people didn't know about David was that he hated dressing up in the suits he had to wear every day, and that he really didn't care about working for a big company making tons of money, he just wanted to have a good paying job and he had ended up being the manager of a branch in a multinational company making more money then he really wanted.

It's not like he hated his job, far from it in fact, he loved the work, he just didn't like the dress code that went with it, so throughout the day he would take off his tie and suit jacket so he would be more comfortable.

"Ahh, Mr. Crandon we've been expecting you," the secretary sitting behind the desk said as he stepped off the elevator.

"Just point me in the direction I need to go, I'm feeling a little jet lag from the flight," David said as politely as possible as the young lady behind the desk stood to guide him to the office of the man who would be his boss for the next two years.

"Mr. Crandon, Welcome to Japan," a gray haired man dressed in an expensive suit said in a kind voice as he came around the desk.

"Yokama-san, it's good to be here," David said shaking the man's hand. "I have a question before we get started sir," he said taking a seat in front of the desk.

"Anything for my new branch manager," Yokama said as he too resumed his seat behind the desk.

"Why is the driver you sent for me under the impression that I was to be taken to a house and not the condos that I had agreed to stay in?" David asked trying to sound as polite as possible, even though he couldn't mask the skepticism in his voice.

"Well when your manager in America told me you had a car and tools you wished to be shipped here I figured you would want somewhere to store them, so I convinced the company to buy a house with attached three car garage for your car and tools," the older man responded with a chuckle as David's eyes nearly popped out of his head in shock.

David remained silent trying to process whether or not his new boss was kidding or completely serious about the three car garage, he cared nothing about the rest of the house just the garage.

"So what kind of car is it, American I'm sure, but is it something you can't find here without some effort," Yokama asked breaking the uncomfortable silence as he headed for the door to walk David out after the rest of the introductions to the major staff were made.

"It's actually something you can't even find in America without a ton of effort Yokama-san," David paused to register his thoughts as he finally started to come out of the shock. "It's a 1970 Chevelle with quite a few modifications," he finished as they stepped into the elevator.

They spent the entire ride down to the lobby talking about different cars, acting as they had known each other for years instead of just having met each other not even twenty minutes before. As David got into the Mercedes, Yokama stopped the driver from closing the door.

"David, I hope you like the house, it's built to suit western style furnishings so it should be comfortable for you," Yokama said as he closed the door.

Twenty minutes later, of talking about etiquette of Japan with the driver as well as a few roads that the Chevelle might handle once it got to Japan, they arrived at the house, a very beautiful brick two story place with the as promised three car garage attached to it.

The driver handed him the key to the door as he retrieved his luggage from the Mercedes' trunk. David walked to the door and opened it to reveal a hallway very nearly paint matched to the marina blue Chevelle that sat waiting in America.

'This is fantastic,' David thought as he explored the house forgetting all about the driver waiting to be dismissed at his front door.

Looking around the first floor David saw a full kitchen with stainless appliances, and a dining room with a rather large oak table and chairs, behind the table was a wall that hid both the entrance to the garage and the staircase that lead to the second floor. Across the hall he found a leather sectional, a 40 inch flat screen TV and a few other small things. Down the hall an entrance to the first bedroom, a simple room with a double bed and an attached bath that had a shared entrance with the main living room.

"Hey, your keys to the house should not be left in the door," The driver said as he handed the keys to the younger man after taking them from the door.

"Thank you for the etiquette lesson and the ride…home," David said bowing to the older man who seemed happy to do whatever someone asked of him.

"There is a car in the garage for you, so you can figure your own way around for when your car gets here," The driver said yet again sending David into a shocked state. "Don't say a word kid, it belongs to me so don't go tearing her up either, and stop bowing so much, that's mostly for formal apologies and greetings," he said as he left the house without giving David a chance to respond.

Over the next few days David moved the furniture around to his liking, and started setting up his three rather large toolboxes up where he wanted them and getting the tools back in their proper places. Once everything was to his liking David decided it was time to at least look at the car the driver had left for him to use during his days off.

As he walked into the garage he was surprised at himself for being able to resist looking under the car cover while he had been setting the tools up the way he wanted them, especially seeing he had been in the country for three days already. When he reached down and grabbed the cover David got a funny feeling that this car wasn't the way it had come from the factory anymore.

He pulled the cover off in one movement to reveal an all black 2003 Nissan 350Z with a body kit and a spoiler. All of the body pieces matched, not something he was used to seeing, it all looked like it was meant to keep the car pinned to the ground, not just looking flashy like the tuner freaks back in America.

He went around the car several times as he took in everything about it before he thought to get in it. As he slipped into the seat he saw a note stuck to the steering wheel.

Fill it up with high octane when it needs it, and make sure you head to Mt. Akagi, there's a team there that might interest you.

Your driver

David stared at the note for nearly ten minutes before remembering what he was sitting in the car for. He started the Z and listened to its motor growl back at him as it settled back to idle.

"This may take some getting used to," David said moving his left hand to the gear lever to push it to the first gear.

He pulled out of the garage and headed out to do some exploring, finding the closest gas stations and grocery stores and a few other places before heading back to the house to find a way to Mt. Akagi. After a few minutes of looking at maps online he managed to find his way out to the pass.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 28 2012, 02:34 AM

IDW Regular Member

Awaiting your comments.

Chapter 3

"This is going to be fun going down," David said as he stared at the road twisting in front of him as he drove up at normal speeds taking in all the details of the course. His heart pounded in his chest in anticipation of running this road at full speed.

As he reached the top he spotted something he didn't expect, a van with its back hatch open and a yellow 1993 RX-7 FD3S parked right behind it up on jack stands. David got a little nervous for some reason as he pulled into the parking lot noticing that four of the five men were looking at him, the fifth continued to work on the yellow car. He climbed out of the Z33 after parking it next to the van.

"Hello there, we weren't expecting company up here tonight, my name is Fumihiro Hiroshi, call me Fumihiro, I don't think I've seen you or your car around here before," a tallish man with neat black hair and a button down shirt with khaki pants said.

"David Crandon, I come from America, a guy I work with lent me his car to come check this place out, I wasn't expecting to see anyone out here this late at night," David explained not really knowing why he had, but he felt the need to with two rather menacing looking people in the group.

"Well we're Project D and our downhill ace has already left for the night so I can't introduce him, but this is our uphill ace Keisuke Takahashi," Fumihiro said as he pointed towards the tall bleach blonde fellow wearing a black t-shirt under a cabana style shirt leaned against the FD.

After the rest of the introductions were made, David made his way over to the FD to see what the man they called Tomiguchi, apparently he was a driver for one of the vans and Keisuke's mechanic, was up to under its hood. But before he got close the blonde haired guy closed the hood and Keisuke jumped in and drove off at such a high rate of speed that David wanted to chase him and watch him go down.

"You won't catch him," A deep voice came from behind him causing the 5'9" blonde to turn on his heels.

"Wasn't going to try," David lied hoping to get to the 350Z that sat behind him before noticing that it was Ryosuke that had spoken to him.

"Then why did you grab your keys so quickly when he left?" Ryosuke said with a chuckle pointing to the keys in David's hand.

"Just wanted to give the downhill a try, and if I did catch him maybe learn a few things by watching,"

"Really, then you can watch me if that's what you're really here for," Ryosuke offered as he turned on his heels and headed for the other side of the van.

David jumped in the 350Z, after noticing the stunned looks on the other men's faces he realized this would be a once in a life time opportunity to see the tall brown haired man drive. As he readied himself he heard the familiar drone of a rotary motor coming from the other side of the van before he saw a beautifully kept white 1990 RX-7 FC3S.

"I get the feeling I'm toast if he decides push that thing," David said quietly as he lined up behind the FC.

As they started off David was glad he had gone slow coming up to notice all the details otherwise he wouldn't have been able to stay close to the FC at all. As they approached the first hair pin turn David finally allowed himself to relax at the wheel of the Z33 and just like his Chevelle back in America he let the car do the work of carrying itself around the corners.

"This guy knows more then he lets on," Ryosuke said to himself as he spotted the headlights of the black Nissan in his rear view mirror getting bigger.

About half way through the course Keisuke passed the two speeding cars as he was heading back up hill.

"What the hell, why is Aniki racing him?" he asked himself as he continued his trek up the mountain.

When he arrived back at the top of Mt. Akagi he parked the FD behind the van again and told Tomiguchi what needed to be changed before walking over to Fumihiro to figure out why Ryosuke was running down the pass.

"Fumihiro, why is Aniki racing that American guy?" he asked as he walked over to the other men.

"You mean Crandon-san? He said he wanted to learn the course so Ryosuke decided to lead him down and show him what we do," Fumihiro responded in his usual light tone.

Back at the bottom of Mt. Akagi's course Ryosuke pulled over and turned on his hazard lights as the Z33 parked behind him. He climbed out of his beloved FC to chat a while with the American blonde.

"So where did you learn how to drive that way, not many American's can drift the way you were first time out," He said as David approached him.

"Not such a hard thing to figure out when you drive a car that likes doing that kind of thing on its own, American muscle cars love to let the tail out a bit, I thank you for the lesson Ryosuke-san, you've taught me quite a bit tonight," David said as he bowed his head slightly before climbing back into the Z33 and driving off to his home leaving a rather perplexed feeling Ryosuke leaning against the back of his FC with a lit cigarette in his fingers and his usual stoic face.

As David made his way back home Ryosuke made his way back up to the summit of Akagi thinking the whole way up about what David had said. 'So he drove an American muscle car back in the states, he's only 24 maybe 25 I wonder how he could afford such a car,' Ryosuke thought before he pulled his car back into the space next to the work van filled with parts for his brother's FD.

"So, Aniki why did you want to lead him down the mountain?" Keisuke asked as his brother got out of the white FC.

"Because I feel that if someone wants to learn, like Takumi and absorb different techniques it is only right for someone to help them, I chose to be the one to help," Ryosuke responded without turning around to face his brother. With that Keisuke shrugged and went back to his car to continue practicing the newest techniques his Aniki had asked him to learn during their last races.

Two days after meeting Project D, minus one driver and technician, David decided to check out Mt. Akina for its five hairpins and supposedly "interesting" corners and famous AE86.

David pulled the loaned Z33 into the small pull off area next to the main road at the old radio tower that his driver had told him about, and got out into the cold early December night.

"Geez its cold out here, I miss home already but this gives reason to miss the weather," the blonde laughed as he pulled his leather coat a little.

David waited until nearly two o'clock in the morning for the 86 everyone was talking about to show up, when it didn't come he climbed into the Z33 and started heading down as fast as he could. He was about to the five consecutive hairpin corners when he noticed a set of head lights in his rear view mirror getting closer really fast.

The blonde steeled himself against the wheel and pushed the car even faster before noticing the headlights were chewing on his rear bumper. Hearing the angry growl of the motor behind him over the roar of his own V6, David began to get nervous and he didn't know why.

"This must be the 86 people were talking about, the unnerving feeling that engine puts in you is exactly as my driver, the guy who gave me this car, described when he told me about it," David said to himself has he pushed the Z33 even faster.

Once they reached the five hairpins David did everything he knew to hold his place in front. The blocking techniques worked for the first hairpin and into the second before the black and white 86 passed him on the inside making the pass look so easy David wanted to cry.

"Damn this guys good," David said as he pushed even harder to keep up with Akina's famous 86.

Noticing the 86 tires drop in to the gutters David decided to mimic every move the guy made to at least keep up with him. By the time they reached the bottom of the pass David was so shaken by the experience he barely noticed when he pulled over behind the 86 which now had on its hazards.

When he finally managed to pull himself out of the car the driver of the 86, a tallish dark haired young man wearing a fleece jacket and black pants was standing at the front corner of the black Z33 David was driving.

"That's the first time someone has kept up with me in a very long time," The younger man said as David leaned against the door.

"It wasn't easy, I'm barely standing here," David laughed while once again pulling his coat tighter against the cold.

"My name is Fujiwara Takumi, I'm wondering what you've done to that car, most people can't even think of keeping up with me in Akina," Takumi said without a trace of arrogance in his voice.

"I wouldn't know, it's not mine, it's on loan till my car gets here from America," David chuckled noticing the shock on the younger man's face. "You wouldn't happen to be the 86 of Project D would you?"

"Yeah, how did you know about that?" Takumi asked as he looked the 350Z over.

"Ran in to your teammates over on Akagi two nights ago," the blonde replied as he felt his legs stop shaking. He walked a few steps to get his legs back completely.

They talked for a few minutes before Takumi told the older man about the next meeting of Project D, and where it was. David walked into his house at quarter passed three in the morning and fell asleep on the couch.

A few hours later he woke up to someone knocking on his front door, he opened it to the shock of the week.
w00t2.gif
CaptainSaltySam
Posted: Sep 28 2012, 07:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,921

wow, i don't read a lot of fan fics but when I saw the title I was a bit more than curious so I clicked on the idea that I would skim through it. Before I knew it I had read the whole thing! Amazing stuff, very well written. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not a Chevy guy...at all, when it comes to muscle I'm a MOPAR man but my uncle had a blue '70 chevelle when he was younger so in my head David looks like my uncle. XD Anyway, point is it takes doing to get me to care about a chevy anything so that should tell you how much I liked your story and characters. Excellent job I will be following this thread, can't wait for the next chapter!
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 28 2012, 07:42 AM

IDW Regular Member

Here is your next chapter then.... Again this is not my stuff, but I have permission to post it.

Chapter 4

"Mr. Yokama, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked letting his boss into the house.

"Just dropping by to remind you that you start tomorrow, and to see what you've done with the place," the gray haired man said as he looked around.

"I haven't done much just move things around a little," David replied as he walked just ahead of his boss into the living room.

"I heard a little rumor that you were a street racer back in North Carolina, is this true?" the gray haired man in full business suit asked as he sat in one of the chairs.

"Yes sir, I lead a team that earned the title of fastest in the county, I must say that even though I like my job, cars are the only way I can keep my restless side and heavy foot under control," David laughed nervously hoping this wouldn't affect his job at all.

"Well it's a good thing I'm here then," Yokama said confusing the life out of David.

"I don't understand sir, what are you talking about?" David asked still trying to wrap his head around not being fired.

"Well I understand you have a car and virtually an entire tuning shop in that garage out there, all you need is a lift and a few places to find American car parts am I right?" the older man said standing and heading towards the garage door in the dining area.

David sat for a moment before realizing his boss had left the room before following him into the three car garage. Once there he noticed his boss looking over the three large tool boxes set in the far corner of the space, and the black Z33 that sat quietly in the center space of the garage.

"You know a better way to lay this out would to be using your tool boxes as a wall for the third bay and have it be strictly a work area, that way you could put a car in there and have some space to move about," Yokama said as he walked back towards the car. "Do you know this car as well as the one in America?"

"Not yet, but we are getting along nicely," David joked before realizing he was standing next to the black vehicle.

"Show me," the older man said as he climbed into the passenger seat.

David climbed into the driver seat and pulled out into the driveway noticing a black Mercedes Benz sitting in front of the door closest to the house.

"That's a CLK 500 right?" He asked before thinking.

"The AMG version, you have a good eye," Yokama replied with a smile.

They drove to the top of Akagi's pass before David turned around and let loose, drifting perfectly through all but the first hairpin where he got a little overzealous with the accelerator and nearly hit the guardrail at the corner's exit.

"That was fun, I haven't had a rush like that in years," Yokama said slapping David on the back at the bottom of the pass, "Listen, if you keep me in on how you do in the races and give me one ride in that Chevelle you told me about, I'll get you the lift for the garage and the names of a few parts places where you can find parts for your car," he said shocking David to the point the young man nearly fell off the car.

"Sir you don't have to do that, I mean I can work on the floor, it's how I built the Chevelle anyway," David said waving his hands in front of him.

"David, you can't stop me, and my wife and I would like to have you over for dinner tomorrow night," Yokama said shocking the young man again.

"I would be honored sir, and I will be moving my tools tonight once we get back, I've never had a three car garage, I really didn't know what to do with that much space," the blonde replied as he watched the older man climb back into his passenger seat.

When they got back to the house Yokama left doing a little showing off of his own by burning the back tires of his Mercedes before gunning out on to the main road sideways and flying off down the road.

Christmas came and went quickly and David had officially made his debut in the Japanese downhill drift scene, in the Nissan 350Z loaned to him by the man hired to be his driver, by winning his first three races in a snow free Akagi. He had the driver explain everything that had been done to the car and how to tune the engine and suspension the way he wanted to with limited help.

David still missed his Chevelle but he was having a great time learning what he would be up against from the driver's seat of one of the cars he would face once his car did arrive. His driver had challenged him to a race; the date was set for two days after the car was scheduled to get here so he could tune it for the high octane of Japan.

The month had flown by and David and Mr. Yokama were standing side by side on the pier waiting for the Chevelle and its chosen accompaniment to disembark from the vessel they were sent on.

"So who do you think brought it," the gray haired man asked as they waited.

"The girl I left in the states I hope but I don't really know," The taller blonde responded as he leaned against his bosses Mercedes. "I hope you trust someone else with your car Mr. Yokama, you were promised a ride in my Chevelle," he said making his boss think twice about bringing his car.

"I'm sure if it's one of your teammates they'll be fine," Yokama responded with a chuckle.

Someone was approaching with a clipboard so the gentlemen stopped talking about the car to see what the man dressed in a pair of coveralls with heavy work boots and a hard hat wanted from them.

"Are you David Crandon?" the man asked looking at the blonde man in a leather coat.

"I am, is my car off the ship?" David responded looking hopeful.

"Yes sir and so is your escort for it, all I need you to do is sign this and you can be on your way with him and the car," The worker said handing him the clipboard.

After all the paper work was signed the worker lead them to where they put the car and its escort. When they arrived David completely ignored his boss and the dark haired man that was standing next to the marina blue Chevelle.

He went over the entire car making sure everything was as he left it David finally slowed down enough to realize who had escorted his car to Japan.

"Jason, where is she?" David asked in English, once again ignoring his boss.

"She couldn't come with me boss, she gave me this before I got on though," The black haired, tall man said somberly as he handed his friend a letter. "David, I don't think she's coming yet," he said as he pulled a fleece jacket out of the Chevelle's passenger seat.

"I'll read this later, but for now Jason, this is my boss Mr. Yokama," David said pointing to the oldest man of the three. "I hope you can shift left handed because you're driving his car back to the house tonight," he said with a chuckle at the man's face.

As the men drove back Mr. Yokama allowed Jason to sit up front so he could get his left hand used to shifting quicker. It was a short distance back to the other car but it took a long time for the young black haired man to get them out of the area using the shift on command idea. Once they arrived though he had the general hang of it, Jason was glad he wouldn't have time to race though.

As they drove back to the house David and Mr. Yokama discussed the modifications made to the Chevelle over the years not even paying attention to the Mercedes CLK 500 that was behind them. When they got to the house David parked the marina blue machine on the brand new lift in the third bay of the garage before getting out and going in.

"Jason, your bedroom for the next four days is at the end of the hall on the left," David said not noticing the awe struck look on his young friends face, "By the way, how is the other car?"

"Your treasure is just fine boss, you think more of it than Emily some times," the black haired man laughed.

Over the next two days Jason helped David set the Chevelle to use the high octane gas of Japan, an easy task for the two men who had gone through automotive engineering together, and getting in a few practice runs on Akagi's downhill. After the second night David left the black Nissan 350Z out in front of the garage with the keys hidden safely away within it, so its owner could pick it up before the race without having to wait for him.
CaptainSaltySam
Posted: Sep 28 2012, 08:04 PM

IDW Member

w00t2.gif It gets better! Still awaiting the next chapter! Keep it up!
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 28 2012, 09:38 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Ah! Keisuke! You appear! At the rate that you're updating chapters it seems as though there are quite a few chapters available on fanfiction.net, I can't spoil this though, I'll just wait for you to update more. Keep it up! I'm getting interested. happy.gif
shadow55419
Posted: Sep 29 2012, 12:27 AM

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Ah! Keisuke! You appear! At the rate that you're updating chapters it seems as though there are quite a few chapters available on fanfiction.net, I can't spoil this though, I'll just wait for you to update more. Keep it up! I'm getting interested. happy.gif

there are 19 chapters in total. i wrote it, let HyperSonic post it here for me.
Tuskano
Posted: Sep 29 2012, 01:15 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

Woot! I can't wait to read of him racing his own car. This is good smile.gif
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 29 2012, 05:33 AM

IDW Regular Member

Just like what shadow has said, It was him who wrote this, I invited him here in idw then asked permission to post it myself, but full credit goes to him. I'm working on my own fic with the help of meteor and CG2 and probably I'll post the first few chapters after posting all the chapters of Muscle Drifter here.

Chapter 5

As promised the marina blue Chevelle made its way to the top of Mt. Akagi for its first official race in Japan two days after it arrived. David was driving up at what most would think of as suicidal speeds, especially with snow piled up on either side of the road, with his dark haired friend Jason in the passenger seat trying not to scream his head off.

When they arrived at the top of the pass they saw the black Z33 and David's driver waiting for the car.

"This could be fun," Jason muttered just before hearing and feeling the 454 under the Chevelle's hood let out a tremendous roar as David pushed it to half throttle in neutral.

"It certainly should be," David said while lining the car up with the Z33.

When they got out, the three men discussed the rules, David noticed that all of Project D was standing on the sidelines, Takumi was talking to a few people he seemed to know while standing near his 86 and a lime green two tone S13.

"So this will be a side by side start, downhill race, winner is the one who gets to the bottom first," Jason said in English that David translated for him.

The two drivers went to the driver's doors of their cars and shook hands before they climbed in. Jason stood in front of the cars as they brought the motors to life.

As he brought his arm down the two cars flew past him, he fell to the ground when he felt David's mirror graze his arm.

"Are you alright?" someone asked in English as he pulled himself up.

"Yeah, he's done that before, but not in a long time," Jason said turning towards the voice to find a brown haired man standing behind him, "I'm Jason Benson, David's friend and team mate from American," he said extending a hand towards the slightly taller man.

"Ryosuke Takahashi, we've been to some of your friend's races since this is the Akagi Red Suns home course, but I've never seen him get that close to the starter before," Ryosuke said as he shook the man's hand.

"That's probably because he knows I won't move when he does it, the roads we race on are a bit narrower then these so as a starting person the reflex to run from the cars has to disappear otherwise we get run over by the car that were not running from," Jason laughed as they walked to the side lines.

On the course David was comfortably leading the race once again able to allow the sheer power of his car to slide the back out, though now he had more confidence in himself and was allowing the car to slide out at every possible attack point to block the road completely with its sheer size.

"This will be easy once we get passed the last hair pin," David said as he slid the car around the hair pin corner completely sideways before bringing the tail of the huge machine behind him and tearing off down the faster section of the course.

Back up at the top Jason and most of Project D were deep in conversation about David's racing past, or at least what of it Jason knew.

"So he was going after the leadership of the team you two guys are a part of when you started racing with him?" Ryosuke asked, basically translating for the rest of the team.

"Yeah, but when he left the team took a vote, since David isn't there to take 'leader challenges' anymore the Timber Wolves have decided to take a break until he comes home in two years, I just have to find a way to tell David that without him killing me since we promised not to stop racing while he was gone," Jason said loosing the smile he was wearing.

David was just crossing the finish line when the Z33 he had driven for his first month in Japan was clearing the last corner, and as was his tradition David spun the marina blue and white machine one hundred and eighty degrees and watched his opponent cross the finish line.

"That was a blast, watching that huge machine fly around those corners scared me a bit," the man hired as David's driver said as he climbed out of the Z33.

"Let's head back up, by the way these people are acting I'm guessing the folks at the summit already know who's won, good race," David said politely as he climbed back into the Chevelle.

The pair drove back to the summit to be greeted by the cheering crowd as the marina blue machine lead the way into the parking area once again letting out a tremendous roar.

Ryosuke walked over to the two men congratulating David and the driver of the Z33 before asking David to come with him. The two men found a quiet corner of the parking area and stood a few feet apart.

"I only asked you over here so my brother and downhill ace won't hear what I'm going to say," the brown haired man said before lighting the cigarette in his hand. "I think you're a good opponent for my team, downhill, and up from what I hear," he said turning to face the slightly shorter man.

"I'm not racing you yet, when I'm ready to I'll make the challenge to all of you," David said turning to walk away.

"Good, because I don't think you could win yet, but that is the whole point, I want them to know that no matter what you do there are some opponents too strong to be beaten," Ryosuke said with such calm it sent a chill up David's spine.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Sep 30 2012, 05:39 PM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 6

David woke up the day after his race with his driver and before going in to the office he saw Jason off at the airport.

When they got back to the house after the race Jason broke down and had told the taller blonde that his team had decided to hold off racing until he returned to the states. Jason did agree to tell the team to at least go to the friendly gatherings set up by some of the other teams once in a while and to practice when they could.

When David arrived at the office his boss was waiting for him at the reception desk in the lobby.

"Mr. Yokama, how are you doing this morning?" David asked as he walked over to the slightly shorter man.

"Just fine, did you get your friend to the airport on time this morning?" the gray haired man asked as he straightened his tie a little.

"We got there, and by the way I won my race last night but I have to ask why your helping me so much with this, I know that racing in the mountain passes is big around here but why help an American instead of a Japanese driver?" the blonde asked once they were in the elevator.

Mr. Yokama reached down and flipped a switch on the panel and the elevator stopped with a slight lurch.

"Well I used to know a man like you, and back then I couldn't help him even when he begged me to because I didn't have money or knowledge of what to do, and one night he went out with a broken suspension part on his car and it spun him off the road at Akagi, he was pretty beat up and for some reason he blamed me for the crash, I haven't been able to speak to him since," Yokama said before taking a breath, "But I know that I don't want to see anyone else get hurt especially my newest manager," he finished before flipping the switch and allowing them to continue on their way.

"How could he blame you for something like that?" David asked looking towards the elevator doors.

"I don't know, but that's enough about me. What was in that letter of yours?" Yokama responded momentarily allowing the hurt show in his voice.

"Don't know, I've been afraid to read it," David responded with a slight chuckle hoping to lighten the mood even a small amount.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about David," the gray haired man responded in a fatherly tone.

"Sir, no disrespect but do you know the real reason I was sent here to Japan"

"Yes, for training and to get to know the investors in person," Yokama said with a confused look upon his aging features.

"That's what the girl back home was told by her father, my boss, just before I got the notification I was being sent," David said the anger slightly obvious in his tone.

They stopped talking as the elevator reached its destination and they both spent the rest of the day doing their jobs until quitting time.

When David arrived home he threw his suit jacket on the back of the chair and flopped down on the sectional in the living room staring at a blank TV screen. He never turned the TV on unless he was going to watch one of the movies he'd brought with him or for the traffic and weather reports in the mornings.

"Alright David, time to stop being afraid of what she said and read the thing," the blonde haired man said getting the still sealed letter off the table. He opened it slowly still slightly afraid of what it would say.

David, things have been going well here but my father still thinks of you as the man trying to steal his little girl away from him, even with mother telling him otherwise. I don't think he will let me come to Japan to be with you, and he's already tried to set up dates with other so called "better" men then you. I finally accepted one to get him off my back about it, and by the time this gets to you the date will most definitely be over with. I want you to call me when you read this so I know you got it.

I still love only you David.

Emily

David jumped off the couch and grabbed his cell phone before just dropping it on the couch and getting the telephone off its stand and dialed the number he now only prayed her family still had.

"Hello?" a kind and older sounding voice came from the other end.

"Hello is Emily there, this is David Crandon," David said trying not to sound frantic.

"David, if my husband were to ever find out about you calling he'd change our number, but I'll get her for you," the voice responded with a slightly sarcastic tone.

A few long moments later the blonde heard the phone get picked up by someone.

"Hello Sarah, my dad is here so I'm going to take the phone to my room," a soft and slightly defiant voice said from the other end.

"Emily, I'm sorry I didn't call sooner, I was afraid of what the letter might have said, and I just read it tonight," David said only getting sounds of understanding in return.

He heard the sound of a door closing and what sounded like a chair being moved.

"David, you can't call the house like that, my father hates you remember?" Emily said with a slight laugh.

"I know but I couldn't get my cell to work fast enough and I know the house number like the back of my hand," He laughed back.

"The date my dad set up was horrible, all I could talk about was you and your car, the only thing that narcissist wanted to talk about was himself and his money, I miss you David,"

"I miss you too Emily, and Jason nearly got his neck rung for being the one to deliver my car instead of you until he handed me that letter, which by the way, why a letter not an email or phone call?" David asked as he sat himself back on the couch.

"It was the only way I could contact you without dad noticing, I told him I was going shopping so I'd have time to see Jason off at the docks, I wrote the last bit about the date on the hood of your car before they loaded it," Emily responded seriously.

"Email would have been faster, and I know your dad isn't monitoring those, otherwise I'd be dead and buried twenty feet down by now," David laughed.

They spent the rest of the time they had talking about David's racing and Emily's real shopping trips. When they finally said goodnight to each other it was nearly ten o'clock at night in Japan and someone was knocking on David's front door.

"Who is it?" David called out as he approached the door.

"Ryosuke Takahashi," a voice called from behind the door.

David's eyes went wide for a moment before he reacted and ran to the door to open it forgetting entirely that he was still wearing most of his suit, tie included. When he opened the door the bleach blonde known as Keisuke was standing behind his brother.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" David asked as he motioned for them to come in.

"Just coming by to find out if you're accepting the challenge or not," Keisuke said as he threw himself on the sectional.

"What challenge? I wasn't challenged again yet," David said with shock evident in his voice.

"Really, there are rumors Takeshi Nakazato of the Myogi Night Kids challenged you to an uphill run at Myogi," Ryosuke replied as he sat down in one of the chairs.

"Have you spoken to Nakazato about this yet, it may just be rumors," the blonde said sitting on the table in the middle of the room.

"I have, and he hesitated before answering, that tells me he didn't issue the challenge but would gladly take up on it."

"Well I guess he's thinking along the same lines as I am, let rumors come true and race him, it does sound like fun racing against a R32," David said with a chuckle.

After showing the Takahashi brothers out, David spent the rest of his night getting the Chevelle's suspension ready for the literal uphill battle with Takeshi Nakazato in Myogi's mountain pass.

The next day David once again met up with his boss in the lobby of their workplace and they rode the elevator together as somewhat of a tradition.

"I got a challenge last night, from the Myogi Night Kids," the blonde said as the doors closed.

"From which member, the leader or the right hand, gunning for leader man," Yokama asked leaning against the elevator's back wall.

"Apparently neither one at first, this one started as rumor only then turned into the uphill battle at Mt. Myogi against Nakazato himself, that it is now," David replied with a laugh. "I tuned the motor and rebuilt the suspension last night, now I just need to find some practice time before the race," he finished with a more serious tone.

"Consider yourself off tomorrow and the next day then, I need you here today for a meeting," Yokama said noticing that David was finally able to hide his shock.

They spoke of the details of the course and a few places to attack, including the last short downhill corner at the top of the course being one of the best places to get passed if he was still behind at that point in the course.
CaptainSaltySam
Posted: Oct 1 2012, 06:28 AM

IDW Member

Keep posting, I'll keep reading happy.gif
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 2 2012, 11:01 PM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 7

Saturday came around and David was at Mt. Myogi nearly an hour before the scheduled meet up time, but the road sides were filling in very quickly. He had spotted a two of Project D's vans on his way down from a practice run up the pass.

When he got back to the bottom he saw all of Project D there short Tomiguchi and Matsumoto, the man brought on as Takumi's mechanic. He parked the Chevelle on in a spot next to the yellow FD belonging to Keisuke.

"This isn't your first official uphill battle, but it's understandable if you're nervous," Ryosuke said as David climbed out of the marina blue machine.

"I am a little nervous, but with over 800 horsepower under my hood, I should have no trouble staying in front once I get there," David replied with a slight shake in his voice.

"Wondering just how the start will go won't do you much good, that car of yours should be fine as long as the driver can keep his head," Keisuke said with a laugh.

"Guys, who are those three people Takumi is talking to?" David asked pointing towards the white and black 86 and the green S13.

"That S13 belongs to the leader of what used to be the Akina Speed Stars, the white 180SX belongs to another Speed Star," Keisuke said pointing at the cars. "I don't know the names of the guys that own them though."

David shrugged before turning and walked over towards the four men standing near the three cars. He started to notice the looks of the three mystery men. One of them seemed to enjoy talking quite a bit, the other two seemed a little more interested in just watching what was going on around them.

"Hey Takumi, who is this guy," asked the semi short haired chubby looking fellow as he watched the taller blonde walking up to them.

"His name is David Crandon, he came from America," Takumi said as David stopped at his side.

"Koichiro Iketani, I lead the Akina Speed stars, we're kind of a rising team," said the tallest man as he ran his hand through the hair that came down to his eyebrows. David nodded slightly as if to say whose next.

"Itsuki Takeuchi, the second fastest on Akina, well someday," the shortest of the group said with a slight wave.

"Only in his dreams the way he drives, I'm Kenji, and he's got a big mouth," said the man whom was David's height and hair slightly longer then his.

"Nice to meet all of you, and if Itsuki works for it he may just get to that second fastest spot," David said with a chuckle when he saw the shorter man nodding in agreement.

"We saw you go up against that guy with the Z33, you knocked the starter over when you went passed him," Iketani said continuing to watch the crowd.

"Yeah he was a friend of mine from America, I did that to him quite a bit back home," David laughed as he watched the men's faces go from dead calm to utter shock in a split second.

They spent a few minutes talking about things until David spotted the black R32 he would be racing that night followed by a red Honda Civic EG6. The two cars pulled passed them slowly and made its way towards the Chevelle.

"Got to run fellas," David said with a half wave before bolting back over to his car.

When he got back to his Chevelle the black R32 had stopped and the driver was getting out. David watched as a man his height with short black hair and a mean look on his face got out of the Nissan's driver's seat.

"Where is the driver of this machine," the man called not yet realizing David was next to him,

"No need to yell, I'm right here, my name is David," David said scratching his ear a little.

"Nakazato Takeshi, I'll be your opponent this evening," the man said as he turned back to his car and climbed in.

David took that as a sign to start and climbed into the driver's seat of the Chevelle and started the motor of the car. As the 454 settled back to idle with a low growl David heard the R32's engine come to life with a similar drone at idle.

The two cars drove out of the lot and lined up side by side and waited for their starter. They both watched as Keisuke stepped between the cars and started the count.

"Five, four, three, two, one… GO!" Keisuke shouted.

Both cars tore off down the stretch to the first corner. David easily pulled out in front and opened the gap slightly before sliding into the first left handed corner holding the R32 behind him.

As the two made their way up the course and the gap kept growing from the massive power difference between the cars David realized this would probably be the easiest race he'd ever have in Japan.

The two cars barreled through the course as Nakazato continued to fall behind his temper was going wild and he was pounding his black R32 to its limit trying to at least stop the gap from growing.

"Damn, this guy is probably barely trying, I have one of the fastest cars on the street and he's walking away from me like its nothing," he said as he flew through the corner seeing only the taillights of the Chevelle in front of him.

The crowd at the finish line heard the loud roar of the engine under the Chevelle's hood as it swung around the corner at the highest point of Myogi, a few started to cheer as it blew past the finish line and swung around one hundred and eighty degrees to face the finish line before Takeshi and his R32 could make the last corner.

"I think I'll stay away from American cars on the pass from now on," Nakazato said as he slowly made his way towards the Chevelle and its driver.

"Well the uphill against something with this much power it is nearly impossible to win," David responded as he leaned against the car. "Which is why from now on, I'm a downhiller only, and looking for a team mate for the up," He shouted to the crowd surrounding them.

Ryosuke heard the announcement as he climbed out of his FC, as did Keisuke and Takumi. The entire Project D team seemed to slow their pace towards the two men to see what would happen next.

"If you can't find yourself a teammate you could join us," Keisuke said in a half joking tone.

The rest of the night Ryosuke and the rest of Project D helped their blonde friend find a team mate by driving behind the handful of people who asked.

"We'll meet you at the bottom, this is the last contestant," Ryosuke said as he climbed into the FC.

"Ryosuke hold up a second," David shouted before walking over to the older man's car. "Why are you helping me pick my team mate?"

"For two reasons, with a strong team mate you can learn and they can learn, and two make for even ground when you challenge us," Ryosuke said as he rolled the window up and drove off behind the potential partner for David.

David and Project D met at the bottom of Mt. Myogi to discuss the drivers they had just spent the last two hours driving with. The most impressive went down with Keisuke, a brown haired girl with a blue twin turbo FD.

"What was her name Keisuke?" Fumihiro asked while David parked the Chevelle.

"Akari, she is fast, and she asked what she could do better when we got to the bottom, not to mention she drives an FD," Keisuke said kind of smugly.

"Keisuke, I hope you offered some kind of advice for her," David said trying not to laugh at bleach blonde's face.

"I'm sure if she followed you David she would pick up a few American habits, so I told her not to," Keisuke said laughing.

"We better get moving, the final three are going to be waiting at Akagi," Ryosuke said climbing into his FC.

The driver they spoke of was currently driving her FD to the base of Mt. Akagi behind two others that Project D and the man who was supposedly going to be the other half of a two person team. As they arrived in Akagi she noticed the time was nearly two in the morning.

"I hope they get back here soon, I've got work to get to in three hours," she heard one of the men say as she parked her car.

"They'll be here soon I can here two rotary motors," the other man spoke as the sound of two rotary motors and the motor of the Chevelle came closer.

Once the three cars were parked the well known Rotary brothers stepped out of the FD and FC, as the blonde American stepped out of the Chevelle.

"So these are the three best huh," David said as he looked over the three cars, "Akari, I understand you impressed Keisuke, that's not an easy feat."

David continued to walk around the other two cars, taking in as much as he could without opening the hoods, or doors.

"Come on man, we have crap to do, now isn't the time to be checking out the cars," one of the men said impatiently as David rounded his car.

"If I don't know the car I'm racing in, I lose, if I don't know my partner's I can't help them win," David said calmly as he continued to look the car over.

David moved to the blue FD and walked around it observing both the car and the girl who drove it, who appeared completely calm about the situation.

"You're name is Akari, right?" the taller blonde asked as he stood in front of her.

"Yes, what is it you want to know?" the girl responded as she walked to her driver's door.

"You don't seem as bothered as those two about me looking over your car, I want you to meet me here next week, I think I've found my partner, for now I just need your number so I can get you if something comes up between now and then," David said ignoring the two enraged looks he was getting from the other two drivers.

After the other two drivers and Akari left "the American" as David was quickly becoming known, and the rotary brothers stood watching the sun come up.

"Guys I have a huge question to ask," David said as he leaned against the Chevelle.

"You can ask us anything, we may not answer though," Keisuke said with a chuckle.

"I want to ask for Akagi as the home course for the Japan Timber Wolves I know there are only two of us right now but it would make things easier," David said calmly.

"I'll let you know, the Red Suns still call this home but we may be able to work something out," Ryosuke said climbing into the FC and tearing out of the parking lot followed shortly by his brother.

Over the next few weeks things went very smoothly for the newly formed team, they had permission from the Red Suns to call Akagi their home course, the two drivers were getting along very well with each other and were often seen at other teams races scoping out the competition.

"We've been challenged to a race at the Iroha slopes, the Emperor's territory," David said as he sat on the sectional in his living room.

"Kyoichi Sudo runs that team, they drive Lan-Evos," Ryosuke said taking a drag of his cigarette.

"This was some other guy, Kai Kogashiwa I think it was," David said looking out the window nearby.

"Guys good, he nearly beat Takumi last year, he drives an SW20 and you'll need to watch out for his line that goes through the air."

"So why did he lose?"

"Because he used it too early in the course and Takumi adapted and began using it against him."

The two men spoke of strategies David could use on the downhill, and the suggestion was made that Akari should make the run instead of David. Ryosuke left knowing that David would make the run and not mentioning that David would probably lose.

The week passed slowly as David and Akari waited for the challenge at Iroha. They practiced together the Wednesday before the challenge.

"David this course could be too much for your car to handle, its heavy as hell, you'll tear your tires to shreds after four turns on those hairpins," Akari said calmly as she leaned on the FD belonging to her.

"I know, but I want to try it, the course is tough and it will answer a question I've been mulling over for a while now," the tall blonde responded drinking from the can of coffee he had.

"Just trying to talk you out of this, I've gotten to know your style pretty well over the last few weeks, you are way too aggressive for the Iroha course David," Akari paused, "I just don't want you to get killed right before your girl gets here."

"I won't get killed, least I hope I won't," David said tapping the Chevelle's fender a couple times.

The pair left Akagi with a good nights practice and a good strategy if something went wrong.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 4 2012, 01:17 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

There are a bunch of typos and some missing punctuation marks in places, but the fic itself is great. You have a good plot that moves along very well, a protagonist who is interesting despite being an original character in a fanfic, convincing dialogue and character-behavior, eloquent writing that helps bring out the smaller details in the settings and story while keeping the overall pace up, a decent grasp of how the Initial D characters normally act, convincingly written technical details on the occasions they show up (always a plus in an Initial D fic) and race scenes that are similarly convincing (and can be intense on occasion, such as David doing his best to keep up with the Eight-Six on Akina). The race scenes are a little on the short side so far, but I'm sure that's only because the story hasn't made its way to any of the more important races yet.

The problems mentioned earlier do need some fixing, but every chapter so far has been a great read and I'm interested in what's next. Post up the next one soon, alright? smile.gif

Also, I can point out some of the parts that need fixing on a chapter-by-chapter basis if you'd like, shadow55419.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Oct 4 2012, 01:18 PM
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 4 2012, 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Meteor @ 3 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Also, I can point out some of the parts that need fixing on a chapter-by-chapter basis if you'd like, shadow55419.

as for chapter by chapter that won't be really necessary, i've been re running the fic editing the smaller details you mentioned. just haven't gotten around to re posting the chapters yet cause i'm re writing my other stuff first (start with the first and finish with the last kinda thing)

and you're right its not hit the interesting races yet and as for my technical details its cause i'm a mechanic biggrin.gif so i know how it all works.

HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 4 2012, 06:40 PM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 8

Race day came along, David and Akari made their way to the top of Iroha while watching the crowd get bigger the further up they went. When they arrived at the top of the course they spotted the Evo III of Kyoichi Sudo, a man defeated once by Takumi Fujiwara and twice by Ryosuke Takahashi.

"You haven't gotten team stickers yet have you American?" a deep voice asked from behind the blonde haired man.

"Not yet, but I'm working on it, though not very hard, whose asking?" David responded with a chuckle as he turned around.

He saw a man slightly taller than him with a white bandana on his head and a black jacket walking towards him.

"I'm Kyoichi Sudo leader of the Emperor's, I came to watch the race on my home turf," the man said sticking a hand out.

David shook his hand and thanked him for the use of his course before spotting a blue SW20 coming up the pass. The car pulled next to him and Kyoichi and stopped, a shorter man with short black hair and a cocky appearance stepped out of the car.

"You must be Kai Kogashiwa, Akari told me a little of what you looked like," David said as he walked around the front of the car.

"That's right, and you must be the American right?" Kai said standing next to his car.

Time seemed to stop as the two drivers stared at one another, assessing the skills that the other had. Ryosuke and Keisuke were standing close by and both men noticed the tension level nearly double as they watched on.

David turned around wordlessly and told Akari to stay close to Ryosuke unless something went wrong as they walked towards his marina blue machine that seemed to be taking Gunma by storm.

The two cars lined up at the starting point before the first long straight of the Iroha downhill. Kyoichi Sudo stood before the two cars waiting for the signal to start the countdown. Kai opted for a side by side instead of the handicap start that David offered, saying that it would allow some kind of cheating.

"Alright," Kyoichi said as he raised his hand, "Five, four, three, two, one!" he shouted and he dropped his arm.

The marina blue Chevelle launched into a low wheel stand before tearing away from the SW20. David led the way all the way to the first hairpin before Kai caught up to him due to the massive speed drop.

"Geez did you see that, the front two wheels were two feet or more off the ground," Akari heard as she watched the two cars disappear around the first corner.

The high pitched scream of the revving SW20 motor behind David was drowned out by the loud roar of the 454 under his own hood as both sounds echoed through the mountain pass accompanied by the echoes of screaming tires.

The first hairpins David opened the gap between the two cars a considerable amount by being faster out of them. As the two cars continued barreling down the continuous hairpins they were just past half way through the course and David could feel his front tires losing their grip on the tarmac. He swapped to a different style foot work that would hopefully help control the tires more.

"This could get a whole lot more interesting," David said to himself as he flew around the corner.

"This is the halfway point, Kai has been using the line in the air for the whole race so far, the American is just too fast out of the corners for it to be effective," a guy on the road side yelled as Kai Kogashiwa sailed his SW20 through the air trying to catch his opponent.

"This guy is fast, I've been sailing through the raised curbs at nearly every hairpin, and I'm just barely keeping up," Kai shouted to himself as he followed David's car.

'I know he's coming off the road back there I can hear the landing, but I'm pushing too hard on the tires, I push any harder and I'm going to lose it,' David thought as he flew through one of the last hairpin corners.

"Holy crap those two guys are flying, Kai is a full car length back but it looks like the American is starting to lose his tires" a man on the side of one of the last hairpins said into cell phone as he watched the two roaring machines as they tore through the corner in front of them.

Back at the top of the pass Akari and Keisuke were standing on either side of Ryosuke watching his computer screen that was keeping a simulated track of the two cars. Neither of the two seemed to notice when Kyoichi walked over.

"Akari, you're partner is out front for now, but the guy at the last post seemed to think he was losing his tire control," Kyoichi said as he watched the computer for a moment.

"He'll keep it to the end," Akari said confidently mostly to herself.

Ryosuke wanted to say something but kept his eyes on the computer screen instead.

Back on the course David was now struggling to keep the Chevelle on the road as he flew through the very last hairpin of the course. Then he lost control momentarily and because of it the back right quarter panel slammed against the guardrail with a very loud metallic bang.

"Damn, that's going to leave a mark," David said as he regained the control over his car.

Kai took advantage of the Chevelle's sudden drop in speed as he made up the car length distance between them and his SW20 began chewing on the Chevelle's bumper.

"This is the corner before the first bridge, the American just slammed into the guardrail and kept going, Kai made up the distance really fast cause of it, this just got more interesting," a man standing next to the first bridge's entrance yelled into the cell phone at his ear.

The two cars stayed bumper to bumper until, coming around one of the last corners before the second bridge, David slammed the brake pedal down and he felt the tires lock up and begin sliding across the tarmac.

"Oh shit!" David shouted as he turned the wheel hard to try and keep it away from the wall.

Kai noticed the loss of control and sped by the Chevelle to keep from getting tangled up in the mess about to come. The Chevelle sailed hard into the inside wall of the second bridge sliding the front left quarter across the wall before a rail post took out the headlight and stopped the heavy machine.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 6 2012, 12:50 AM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 9

Kai stopped his the blue SW20 before the official finish line and he ran back to the Chevelle, when he got back to it he noticed how much damage was done to the paint and the massive dent in the quarter and hood, but he also noted the engine was still running and his blonde haired opponent was holding the wheel very tightly.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kai asked as he climbed over the car to the driver's door.

"That is one rush I could have done without," David chuckled as he climbed out of the car.

Akari heard the news of the crash and started flying down the pass followed very closely by Keisuke, Ryosuke stayed at the top to talk things over with Kyoichi about the race results.

"Kyoichi, David told me to acknowledge any form of loss on their behalf, I don't think he had this in mind though, so I'll let him do the talking," the brown haired man said as he climbed into the FC.

"This wasn't an Emperor's race, why tell me," Kyoichi laughed as the FC took off down the Iroha slopes.

Back at the bottom of the course David had already moved the Chevelle to the finish line and was assessing the damage when Akari flew through the last bridge and her tires screamed to a stop next to the Chevelle. The blonde had to stifle a laugh when he saw her frantic face as his brown haired partner stepped out of her car. Looking at her David saw nothing special, but most men saw a 5'4" bombshell with shoulder length brown hair.

When she spotted the two drivers on the other side of the Chevelle she ran over and hugged the car apologizing to it for letting David drive it down the pass, completely ignoring the two drivers involved in the race and everyone else staring at her.

"Akari, it's all fixable, I already have the parts to do just that, in fact I can do all the repairs at the house," David laughed as Akari walked over to them.

"Yeah and what will Emily say when she gets here in a week and sees the car this way? She'd kill you and then me for not keeping you safe," Akari shouted as David continued to fail at keeping a straight face.

"Alright, let's get this big beastie to the house, and I'll start working on it tomorrow night, might get Mr. Yokama to give me a few days off just to work on her," David said climbing into the driver's seat of the Chevelle.

The two vehicles belonging to the Akagi Timber Wolves roared to life with a deafening roar and they left as if the damage to the Chevelle was only superficial.

The following morning David called his boss and told him the situation and Mr. Yokama offered to come and help with the repairs, and also gave him the entire week off to fix the now famous Chevelle. The front left quarter and the headlamp were the easy part of the repairs. The quarter panel on the back would be the hard part, the accident left a few scars in the paint and huge dent across the entire length of the panel itself.

David spent the rest of the first day of his week off getting all the damaged pieces off the car and replacing some of the suspension pieces on the left side of the car before calling it a night.

He was in the kitchen cooking himself a small dinner for himself when he heard a knock on the door.

"Akari, what brings you out here?" The blonde asked as he opened the door.

"Just coming to see what you've gotten done in all of two hours," Akari said as she stepped passed him and headed for the garage.

"I've been home all day, boss gave me the week off to fix the baby up," David said following her.

The brown haired girl walked into the garage and was shocked to see just how much he had done with the Chevelle, but more so at the car sitting in the center bay of the garage.

"So this is the car you got for Emily huh?" Akari stated more then asked as she paced around the bright orange 2000 Nissan S15.

"Yeah, it's the 2.0 liter DOHC with a single turbo and a six speed manual transmission; I tuned it up just a little bit so it might keep up with yours on the uphill if its straight," David chuckled as he leaned against the S15.

"She's not a racer is she?" Akari asked sounding oddly serious.

"No, but she always has liked riding shotgun with me," David stopped for a moment before saying, "First time she rode shotgun on the race course she had more fun than I did, she can drive don't get me wrong, she just can't handle a car yet."

"How long have you two been dating?"

"About two years before I got sent over here, but her father is determined I'm after more than just her," David said as he pushed himself off the car and walked in the house.

"So she will obviously be here longer than a week or so with you getting her a car," Akari said as she followed him back to the kitchen and sat on one of the bar stools.

"Actually I bought the car for me to use while the Chevelle is down and if it ever gets beat up again, but once Emily gets here it'll be hers for the two or three months she's going to be here," David said as he took his dinner off the stove.

"How did she convince her father to let her come? I mean you said he hated you and all right?" the brown haired girl asked leaning her elbows on the counter in front of her.

"For one he has no idea she is coming here to see me, she told him it was an exchange program for her college, which is actually true I guess, but he thinks the school is a long way from here not ten minutes from this house."

"Where will she stay, I mean won't he get suspicious if the phone bill between you two goes down or something?" Akari said with a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Lucky for me Emily's mother likes me, and does the finances of the household when it comes to the phone and food bills, so he has no clue I've been talking to her at least once a week since I got her letter back in December," David laughed and Akari joined in the laughter.

"It's almost February now, you've been racing on snow and ice covered roads up till now, once all of this melts away its going to be harder on the tires of the Chevelle, David I want you to consider taking the supercharger off," Akari said getting oddly serious again, "David you really scared me at Iroha when the nose of your car came off the ground."

"I do it all the time back in the states, I know how to handle it here, but the supercharger is already going to come off, that's why I wanted to do the Iroha downhill myself," David said leaning against the counter across from Akari.

The two spent the next two hours discussing the strategy they would use against Project D when they were ready for that battle.

David woke up early in the morning to his doorbell ringing rather frequently. He climbed out of his bed and slowly made his way down to the front door.

"Who is it?" David called through the door as he looked through the peep hole.

"Takumi Fujiwara," the dark haired young man said as he turned back to face the door.

David immediately opened the door and let the 86's driver through the door.

"I heard you wrecked your car at Iroha, I kind of hate I missed that race but those guys you met at Myogi decided to run up Akina instead," Takumi said as he looked around the house.

"Well if you want to see the damage the Chevelle is in the garage, hey what time is it?" David asked finally realizing it was still dark outside.

"About four in the morning, I just got done with the morning deliveries, figured I'd come by while I had time," Takumi said with a slight chuckle.

David simply shook his head and pointed to the garage door before going up the stairs to get a shirt before meeting Takumi in the garage.

"So you've already started fixing it?" Takumi asked staring at the open spaces where the rear quarter and hood used to be.

"Yeah, and you get to be my second hand, grab the other side of the new hood," David said walking over to the already painted piece.

Takumi obeyed and put the bolts in the hood hinges where David told him to before simply watching everything the older man did and handing him the occasional wrench. David told Takumi everything he was doing when he did it and about an hour after Takumi walked through his front door David handed him the Chevelle's supercharger.

"So you're taking this off because the drag it causes in the higher RPM range?" Takumi asked as he looked the part over.

"Yeah, and the race in Iroha proved that I can't use it as much on the downhill," David responded taking the supercharger and placing it in one of his tool boxes where a lot of other parts rested neatly organized.

"Takumi, this is just a warning, not a threat or anything, next time you show up at four in the morning without giving me a little warning, you won't live to see the challenge from the Akagi Timber Wolves," he added as the two men walked out of the garage.

Takumi left the house feeling slightly scared of the blonde American. David simply went back to work on the Chevelle as if Takumi hadn't shown up at all. He finished the removing all the pieces that went with the supercharger and replaced all the springs in the carburetor with new ones, and put a shorter belt to replace the one that went with the supercharger, he even ran the motor to make sure everything still worked in proper form.

The week went by quickly for David, the blonde spent most of it lining up the new back quarter panel. When he walked into the office his boss met him in the lobby.

"So how's the Chevelle?" the tall gray haired man asked as he shook David's hand.

"She's doing alright, just need to paint the panels and the light frame, the hood I painted when I first got it, I pulled the supercharger off and have it stowed away, put the original air cleaner back on to," David replied stepping into the elevator.

"And your newest acquisition, an S15 I believe?" Yokama asked as the elevator pinged through the floors.

"I've got her tuned up pretty well, but it's still just a run around car till I get the Chevelle fixed," David said as the elevator doors opened and the two men went to work.

After work David drove the motorway home faster then he thought possible in the S15 so he could get on the phone with Emily and figure out when to pick her up at the airport on Wednesday.

"Hello, whose calling?" A deep voice answered the phone attached to the American number David had just dialed.

"Hi, this is David Crandon, just calling to update you on my Japan training sir," David lied seeing he wasn't supposed to know about Emily's trip.

"Well Mr. Crandon, I'm surprised to hear your voice, things going smoothly?" the voice asked sounding somewhat annoyed.

"Yes sir, very smoothly, matter a fact I couldn't find the time at work but we need to set up an investors conference for your Friday," David said knowing that talking shop off the company dime would get him off the phone faster.

"Certainly, now I suppose you want to speak to Emily, well she just left for the airport," the voice said with a smug tone.

"I understand sir," David said hanging the phone up.

He dialed his girlfriend's cell number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello David, I trust my father told you I had left for the airport?" Emily said with a slight chuckle.

"Imagine my surprise when he did, now I need to reschedule my day off to come pick you up, should be easy enough with my boss, but a notice would have been nice," David said faking an angry tone.

"Well I wanted to surprise you, Daddy didn't even set up a driver fearing you would find out, he really does hate you," Emily responded with a tone that sounded like she was pouting like a five year old.

"Well the boss wants to set up a meeting in the morning, but I should be able to weasel out of it."

"You better or you'll be leaving your girlfriend at the Airport."

"I do have a racing partner, I could send her after you," David said sarcastically.

"You do that then, I've been waiting to meet this Akari girl you speak so highly of," Emily responded sounding dead serious.

"Alright, I'll give her a call as soon as I hang up from talking with you, I'll come too so you can get used to your car," the blonde responded to the jealous tone in the woman's voice.

They spoke awhile on the phone before David had to hang up and call Akari with the flight details and where to meet up with the couple, and calling his boss and swapping his day off.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 8 2012, 05:53 AM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 10

The next day David drove to Narita Airport in the bright orange S15, he parked in short stay and walked into the baggage claim. He quickly spotted a 23 year old 5'5" blonde girl carrying a bright red bag in each hand and a purse on her shoulder running towards him.

"David, I missed you," the girl said in English as she dropped the bags and wrapped her arms around the taller man's chest.

"I missed you too Emily, let's get out of here Akari is waiting at the restaurant for us," David responded after returning the hug and grabbing the two bags, "Geez what did you bring with you, these things weigh a ton."

As they walked to the S15 David warned Emily of a few things, including that Akari spoke English quiet well.

"Oh, I always have loved your taste in colors David," Emily said excitedly as she stared at the bright orange car in front of her.

"Well, once I finish the Chevelle she's all yours so you're driving," David said throwing her the keys and walking to the left side of the car.

Emily looked at him confused before remembering Japanese cars were built with right hand drive. She climbed into the car and immediately noticed the left handed shifter, the third pedal, and the racing buckets and harnesses David had installed.

"So I take you've raced this car once or twice?" the blonde haired girl asked as she fastened the racing harness.

"Just once, to keep my brain in check," David said as the engine revved to life and settled back on idle.

The couple drove to the restaurant at what David thought was a snail's pace as he gave the instructions to get there. Once they arrived Akari met them in the parking lot and introduced herself in perfect English to the older woman before going in.

"Emily, David and I have a race in Akagi coming up as soon as the last of the snow clears from up there, should be a week or two from now might be a month seeing as it's been cold this year but, I'll teach you a few things after it's over," Akari said after they left the restaurant. The brown haired girl climbed into her FD and took off before Emily or David could respond.

Two weeks went by very fast for David as he finished up the repairs on the Chevelle's body, and retuning the motor when he had time after showing Emily the way to her school from the house.

"Hey the snow cleared out and the Red Suns are calling me every ten seconds, the race is on for Saturday at ten o'clock," Akari shouted as they ran through the open garage door at David's house.

"Alright, the Chevelle is ready for a new fight, and Emily actually can't wait to see what you'll teach her, we'll go out Wednesday and get reacquainted with Akagi, I haven't been out there since the crash," David replied from under the S15.

Akari saw Emily coming out through the house and walked out to meet her. The pair had become friends very quickly despite their age difference and the fact that Akari was a racer. The brown haired girl loved going shopping just for the heck of it and David and Emily both agreed the dresses she wore were much better than the T-shirt and jeans she wore to the races.

"Hey Emily why don't you and I go shopping Thursday from what I hear some of the stores near here are going to be having huge sales," Akari said with a grin as Emily nodded her agreement.

"Well I wouldn't dare get between you and shopping but you have class on Thursday Emily, and if I'm not terribly mistaken, so do you Akari," David said climbing out from under the S15.

"Spoil sport," Akari muttered as the twenty year old pouted like a five year old.

"David you are going to make a great dad one day, you're already acting like one," Emily said with a laugh.

David just nodded, and silently turned around and went back to cleaning up the garage. Emily followed him until she got to the driver's door of the bright orange car, as she climbed in she noticed David climbing into the Chevelle and all three went their separate ways. David went to work while Akari and Emily went to their respective classes.

The two members of the Akagi Timber Wolves met on their home course for night of practice down and up the mountain pass. Emily joined them and just stayed behind the blue FD as best as possible.

"So Emily, think you can race for us after watching me all night?" Akari laughed as the three people met in the top parking area.

"Not unless you ride along Akari, I'm just a rookie," Emily replied honestly.

"Well how about you ride with one of us first, and watch what we do," David said as he climbed out of the Chevelle.

"If we do it that way I'm riding with you David, and Akari can drive in front of us so I can watch the result of what you do with the wheel and pedals."

"We'll have to do that when we only have two cars out here, I don't think it's a good idea to leave either car up here," Akari said as she leaned against her FD.

"You can leave the Chevelle here with us if you trust us not to peak under the hood that is," A kind voice said in Japanese from behind the group.

"Fumihiro it's not you I'm worried about peaking, it's Matsumoto and Tomiguchi I'm worried about," David responded in Japanese without even facing the man who spoke to him, "What's Project D doing up here anyway, I thought Wednesday was our day for practice."

"Project D isn't, I came up here to get some practice of my own in, Tomiguchi is only here as a time keeper," Fumihiro replied as he walked into David's field of vision.

"Well that's not much comfort it still leaves Tomiguchi with my car," David laughed as he shook the dark haired man's hand.

"Hiroshi Fumihiro, this is Emily Davidson my girlfriend," he added in English pointing to the blonde girl next to him.

"It's nice to meet you Emily," the taller man bowing his head slightly.

David turned into the translator as Tomiguchi introduced himself and began asking questions about David's racing back in the states. The small group spent a few minutes talking before Fumihiro promised not to leave the Chevelle alone with Tomiguchi.

Emily climbed into the S15's passenger seat as David slid into its driver seat.

"Emily this could get a lot faster than your used to, we're going downhill and sliding all over the place, if it gets too much, just say the word, David will signal me and we'll stop," Akari said through the open window of the S15.

"I'll be fine, and I have confidence in my man," Emily replied without a trace of fear or worry in her voice.

The brown haired girl tapped the door a couple times before walking over to her FD and climbing into the driver's seat and taking off down the hill with a bright orange S15 close on its back bumper.

"They're on their way down, David left the Chevelle up here and is driving an S15," Fumihiro said into a cell phone, "No it's just a training thing for his girlfriend, but you should still be able to learn a few things."

On the course David noticed that the team was being followed. He signaled Akari to slow down by flashing the headlights. She complied and the blonde flew passed her followed shortly by a white FC with a Red Suns sticker on the back quarter panel.

"Oh shit, this just got fun," Akari said to herself as she picked up her pace again and fell into the line of cars behind the FC, "Wow, this guy is fast as hell, I'm pushing as hard as I can, and I can barely keep up, forget about passing," She added as she watched the FC slide through corner after corner behind the S15.

Once they reached the bottom of the course Emily had a grin from ear to ear on her face and David was struggling to breathe properly. Akari came into the lower parking lot a short time after the other two cars and stepped into Emily trying to hold an infuriated David back from going off his rocker.

"Ryosuke, why not just ask to see what I can do," David shouted as he broke loose of his girlfriend's hold.

"Because he thought if he asked he would see only what you wanted him to, and he wanted to see everything. Isn't that right Ryosuke?" Akari asked seemingly unaffected by the whole ordeal.

"That's right Akari, and this was also a good opportunity to see what you could do as well," Ryosuke said as he climbed back into his FC, before driving off leaving a stunned Akari and a still furious David standing in the parking area.

"Let's go," David said in a low tone as he jumped in the driver's seat of the S15.

"I'll ride with Akari on the way up okay?" Emily asked seeming to watch her tone very carefully.

"Sure, the uphill is her thing, you'll learn a few things from her," David said just before burning the back tires of the S15 and flying up the Akagi mountain road.

"We better go if we want to catch up," Akari said as she jumped into her FD.

Emily quickly got in and watched every move Akari made as she made her way back to the top parking lot. The women never caught the S15 until they got back to the top, only managing to spot its taillights a few times as they went up.

David reached the top of the Akagi pass and noted that as promised Fumihiro and Tomiguchi were still both there; he breathed a sigh of relief knowing that his car wasn't left with the Project D mechanic.

"David, I'm sorry for the deception, but it was Ryosuke's idea, he thought," the tall dark haired man was cut off by the Chevelle's door slamming and its engine roaring to life.

David rolled the window down momentarily to ask that they watch the S15 till Emily got back before leaving tracks out of the parking lot and on to the main road as he left.

"He's pissed, and Ryosuke wanted it that way, but this seems a little much even to me," Fumihiro said quietly with the long haired bleach blonde man nodding his agreement.

David passed his partner's FD about ten seconds after leaving the top parking lot but his head was so fogged up he didn't think anything of it. The pair got to the top lot and Emily rushed to thank the two men watching her car as she jumped in and drove off directly behind the blue FD.

The two cars pulled into the drive at David's house seeing the marina 1970 Chevelle was parked in its proper place as if it had never left. But they also noticed a black Mercedes CLK 500 parked on the lift and a pair of feet sticking out from underneath it.

"Who does this car belong to David?" Emily asked in broken Japanese while walking over to the car.

"It's mine, but I'm not David Ms. Davidson," a gray haired man responded in English while getting out from under the car.

"You must be David's boss, Mr. Yokama," Emily said sticking a hand out, "Where is David?" she finally asked.

"He went in to change cloths before coming out to give me a hand," Yokama said as he showed the young woman his dirty hands.

"Mr. Yokama, unlike my father, I don't mind a little grease under my nails," Emily said still holding out a hand.

"Better just shake her hand boss, she won't put it down till you do," David said as he walked back into the garage in a work shirt and jeans.

The men went back to work on the Mercedes as if the run in on Akagi never happened, and the two ladies went inside to stay out of their way.

"David took that run down Akagi with Ryosuke pretty badly, but he got over it quick," Akari said from the entrance into the garage.

"No he hasn't David doesn't get over anything very easily, but he knows very well how to hide being upset," Emily said as she walked up behind the younger girl.

"Well, I've seen him aggravated before, and I think I've seen him angry but this seemed a whole new level of pissed tonight," the brown haired girl said as she walked back into the house, "Listen, I'm going to head home, it's late and I have an early class, I'll be around call me if things bad with him tonight," she added walking out the front door.

David and Mr. Yokama watched as the blue FD took off out of the driveway and Emily pulled her S15 into the garage.

"Mr. Crandon I thank you for your help with the tune up, I'll bring my other car over tomorrow after work," Mr. Yokama said as he started towards the Mercedes.

"Mr. Yokama, have you ever had someone trail you down the mountain without telling you, someone you would be racing later on?" The blonde asked stopping the older man.

"Just once, a fellow called Bunta Fujiwara, but the only reason he was tailing me he was coming off morning deliveries while I was practicing late," Mr. Yokama said with a slight chuckle, "We raced later that following Saturday, he beat the pants off me in that 86."

"I know Takumi still drives that car, any tips to use against it?" David asked as the other man got in the Mercedes that was sitting on the lift.

"Yeah, stay behind him until the last possible second, then blow his doors off, if the kid is anything like his father that's the only way to win, and with your Chevelle over there it shouldn't be hard," the older man said pulling off the lift before leaving tread marks on the driveway.

The Saturday of the Red Suns race came and went real fast, the Timber Wolves set course records on both the uphill and downhill. David took the lead out of the gates and finished with enough time to do his 180 at the bottom of the course. Akari pushed ahead at the last corner by taking the inside and blocking the rest of the way to the line.

"Alright I think we're ready for Project D, all we have to do is figure out where and when, I want Emily to be here so it needs to be soon," David said as the parking lot emptied out after the races.

"I think we need at least a week to find a proper course, Ryosuke has already said they won't race us in Akina or Akagi, so maybe Myogi or Iroha," Akari said as she leaned on her FD.

"What about one of those other courses they went to with Project D?" Emily asked as she walked to David's side.

"I think we should stay local, that way they take Gunma back from us," David said with a slight hint of anger in his tone.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 8 2012, 07:12 AM

did pretty good didn't I LOL!
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 9 2012, 04:10 PM

IDW Regular Member

You did pretty well, that's why I love your fic very much.

Chapter 11

David was on the phone with Sayuki of Impact Blue as both his racing partner and his girlfriend walked in from their shopping trip.

"So what do you think Sayuki, can the Timber Wolves use the course for our race against Project D in a month or two?" the blonde haired man asked as politely as he knew how.

"I'm sure we can arrange that, we win we get the course right?" David stated more than asking.

David hung up the phone shortly after and looking rather happy walked over and hugged both the girls.

"Akari you are going against the Sil80 duo this weekend, Saturday ten o'clock at Usui," David said as he walked up the stairs.

"David, can I race?" Emily asked stopping David in his tracks.

"Emily, you know better than that, this is important to me and Akari, you already have your stickers but let's not push the race button just yet," David said completely ignoring the puppy dog eyes his girlfriend was looking at him with.

"Why not, I've gotten better I kept up with Akari as she went down the other night," Emily half shouted.

Akari quietly ducked out with a simple nod to David as he came back down the stairs.

"You can keep up, but you can't pass her yet, that's something you still need to work on, and your blocking technique may be nearly perfect you need to get your speed up while using them. Emily I'm not trying to hurt you here, and even though Akari has told me you're improving every time you go down or up behind her, she also says you're not quite ready to race the big guys around here, the Akina Speed Stars you could walk all over, Thunder Fire too from what I hear," David paused to take a breath and noticed the tears in the blonde girl's eyes.

"Honey, you know I would let you if I thought you could handle it, but you've only been here for a month, you've got two more of practicing with me and Akari before you have to go home, and I'm sure we can set up a race in Akina for you in that time," the taller blonde man said hugging Emily tight.

A knock at the door interrupted their hug, and David went and opened the door for his boss.

"Mr. Yokama...," David stopped cold when he saw his boss' other car, a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 painted grabber orange, "Sir, now I know why you like me so much," he finally muttered as he ran his hand over the car.

"No son, I admire you, being able to drive cars like these isn't an easy task and yet you make it look easy, I still have a hard time driving this machine," the gray haired man said as he walked towards the passenger door, "You're driving David, Ms. Davidson would you like to join us?" he asked as he threw the keys to David.

Emily climbed into the back seat behind David before Mr. Yokama climbed in on the passenger side. The mustang's engine roared to life before settling back to idle with David behind the wheel. With instructions from his boss the group made their way to a rather fancy restaurant where the familiar CLK 500 sat waiting for them.

"I hope you haven't had dinner yet," Mr. Yokama said as he helped Emily out of the back seat before handing her off to David.

"We really aren't dressed for a place like this," David said swallowing slightly.

"Mr. Crandon you are with me, meaning you are dressed well enough, otherwise I would have had you change," the gray haired man laughed as they walked into the restaurant and met with Mrs. Yokama.

The group had a good meal over good conversation about shopping in Emily and Mrs. Yokama's case, about cars and what Mr. Yokama wanted done to the Ford sitting in the restaurant parking lot between the men.

After dinner the entire group went back to David's home where the blonde haired man and his boss went to work on the Mustang as Emily and Mrs. Yokama went into the house to watch TV and plan a shopping spree with Akari who happened to be at the house to plan for the race in Usui.

"I'm leaving the Mustang with you for now David, the wife and I are going to a party where two cars would not be a good idea, bring it to work tomorrow, and I'll bring you home," Mr. Yokama said before climbing into the Mercedes' driver's seat.

"He really does like you," Akari said crossing her arms while leaning on David's, "I wonder why though."

The two teammates and Emily went back in the house and planned the race at Usui. The Sil80 duo had refused to race the over powered American car due to their cat and mouse chase start, even though David promised he would chase the first run, they still refused. The blue FD belonging to Akari would be their opponent because of this.

The week to the race passed very slowly, and Wednesday night met with tires and motors screaming through Akagi's mountain pass. A group of three cars sat in the bottom parking lot, a white 180SX and two others.

"Here they come," one of the three men said as the Chevelle's motor was heard getting closer to them.

Shortly after the American muscle car and a Blue FD pulled into the lot followed closely by an orange S15, as they parked the three men watched the cars noticing stickers on the back quarters of each car that read "Timber Wolves" in large black letters that were trimmed in white with a golden 'O' with a black center detailed to look like an iris.

As David stepped out of his car he noticed the drivers but didn't recognize any of them so he ignored them as he walked to the S15.

"Okay Emily did you see what I did to overtake the FD?" he asked as his blonde haired girlfriend climbed out of the car.

They carried a conversation about what was being taught that night as if the three men were never there, David explained how the pass could be made, Akari explained how to block the attempted pass David had explained.

After ten minutes the man who owned the 180SX grew annoyed at being totally ignored by the other people in the parking area.

"Hey cutie, if you want a real blast come ride with me," he shouted across the lot.

David ignored him as did Emily, Akari calmly walked over to the three men with a look that could freeze time itself.

"Gentlemen we are holding a lesson and practice session this evening, the pass is clear for now if you want to make a few runs yourselves, no one is stopping you," the brown haired girl said calmly.

"I don't want to just run it, I want to race on it tonight, and that little orange car is the one I want to race," the man said with a serious tone.

"She's a member in training at the moment, not up for racing just yet," Akari replied hearing two sets of footsteps behind her.

"Akari, if he thinks there is something he can teach me, let him race me," Emily said with a trace of sarcasm.

"I agree, seeing different techniques will help her training move faster than the two of us alone," David said finally getting Akari in on the plan.

The group of five left the parking area and drove to the top of Akagi leaving Akari in the lower parking area. They dropped the two other cars at checkpoints with David's phone number and instructions to move out after seeing the Chevelle. When David got to the top he parked the Chevelle and walked to Emily's window.

"If you're in front at the first checkpoint, smoke him, if not pass him then smoke him," he said before walking in front of the two cars.

He started the race and ran to the Chevelle and started following the racers down the pass, noticing Emily was out in front and opening the gap made him laugh. As they approached the first corner David noticed something very wrong with the 180SX, it was fishtailing out of the turn but the guy seemed to be keeping it on the road.

"Turbo charger," David muttered as he flew through the corner sideways to keep himself from catching up.

The three cars flew through the next series of corners with Emily still steadily widening the gap between the first two cars. David also noticed the 180SX struggling to keep its lines as they approached the first drop off point.

"He's already losing his tires," David noted once again clearing a corner sideways to keep from running over the other car.

He also noticed all he could see of the bright orange S15 were its taillights in the distance clearing a different corner, and the noise of a third motor behind him.

As she approached the half way point of the course Emily noticed that she couldn't see the headlights of her opponent's car or David's, she considered slowing down for a moment before putting her foot to the floor and going all out for the remaining half of the course.

'I'll find out when I get to the bottom,' she thought as she cleared the next few corners with near perfect drifts.

"Any slower and I'll be forced to pass him," David said as he turned the Chevelle sideways, practically putting the driver's door against the back bumper of the 180.

As the three cleared the corner David slammed the brakes and straightened out before taking the outside line of a left hand corner and walking passed the 180SX leaving it and its driver eating dust as he tried to catch up to Emily.

David flew through the rest of the course catching up to the light from Emily's taillights as they crossed the finish line. He flew through the finish line before turning his car around and putting it door to door with Emily's in the parking area.

"How does it feel to win?" Akari asked as they waited for the other three cars to come down.

"Pretty good, though I don't know how David didn't catch me before the line," Emily said as she was wrapped in a hug from behind.

"I didn't catch you because I waited till the halfway point to pass him, any time earlier than that and I might have," David said putting his head on her shoulder.

The three people heard three motors coming into the lot so their pleasant conversation ended and the two ladies moved to either side of David.

"That was a dirty thing you did back there," the 180's driver shouted as he approached the group.

"What exactly did you consider a dirty thing?" Akari asked once again sounding unaffected by the man's tone.

"He was all over my ass, pressuring me while she just drove way, I lost my tires before the half way mark because of him," the man shouted.

"I was only trying not to run you over, if you had skill enough to keep up with Emily, you wouldn't have lost your tires so fast, not to mention the turbo under your hood puts more stress on them, the fishtailing out of the corner cost you your back tires, your poor braking technique nearly cost me my car," David said calm as ice.

All three of the men stood in shock as David stared all three of them down. They all quietly walked back to their cars and left. David and the girls left after checking the cars over, David even checked his driver's door for a scratch because of how close he had gotten to the 180's bumper.

When they arrived at David's house the celebration continued as Akari listened to David recap the funniest moments of the race up till he passed the guy.

Saturday came faster after Emily's night of showing off a little, and all three cars drove up Usui pass noticing that most of the crowd was gathered at the C-121 corner as well as before and after. Once the team reached the top the first thing David noticed was that none of Project D was there, but the three guys that seemed to hang close to Takumi all the time were.

"Kenji, I'm sure you can tell me why Project D isn't here," David said as he walked over to the white 180SX.

"Yeah, they've been challenging folks over in Kanagawa, I guess they're either still running their last race or they're on their way back, they never run time trials over there for some reason," The black haired man said.

David nodded before just walking away from the three men. He noticed that Emily was looking a little nervous about being there even though Akari was standing right next to her, so he walked over and hugged her.

"Akari, they agreed to let you chase first, they told me Takumi did the same thing when he came out here the first time I want you to be careful out there, and you know where to make your move," David said as he held Emily's hand after letting go of the hug.

A short time later the two blue cars were lined up one after the other, leading the pair a 1998 Nissan Sil80 driven by a brown haired woman name Mako Sato, and in the passenger seat a blonde haired woman by the name Sayuki who Kenji had warned them about.

The two cars took off towards the first corner before flooring the throttles as they went through it, with the Sil80 seemingly pulling the FD with it.

"David, what is her strategy for this race," Emily asked looking up at her boyfriend.

"Wait and see, she's been working on her narrow passes, she knows precisely how wide that car is so even on this narrow road she can pass," the taller blonde responded keeping his eyes pinned to that first corner.

On the road Akari was keeping up with the Sil80 duo without much trouble, but she knew if she let her concentration slip even a little it meant a hard stop at the end of a long drop.

"Alright Akari, let do this," She said to herself as she pushed her FD to continue keeping up with the blue Sil80 in front of her.

The two cars sped through corner after corner getting closer to the C121 hairpin.

"This is the first checkpoint the two car just flew by, there is no distance between them, they're practically parallel drifting with each other, the Sil80 duo are still in front," a man shouted into his phone as he watched the two cars disappear around the next corner as the crowd around him cheered.

Akari was beginning to get into a good rhythm as they continued on drifting through corner after corner almost right next to each other.

"C121, that's where I make my move, I hope," She said as she once again stepped up her pace to keep the fleeing Sil80 as close as she could.

"Damn, this girl has skill, not to mention she's aggressive as hell through the corners, she's scraping her mirror on my door over here through the left hand corners," Sayuki said as the passed through one of the faster corners.

The two cars sped past another crowd of people with no distance between.

"This is the checkpoint before the C121 corner, these two cars are crazy fast, I think I saw them actually touching but I don't know," a guy said with half excitement and half total shock.

At the top of the pass David stood calmly as the reports came through. Hearing that Akari may have been close enough to touch the Sil80 excited him all the way down to his toes. He wasn't even in the race and his heart felt like it was pounding out of his chest.

"Alright, now comes the interesting part," he said still staring at the first corner of the course.

"David, latest report said that the two cars actually were touching, Akari's mirror was scraping at the door panel of the Sil80, that girl is out of her mind," Kenji said before walking back over to Iketani and Itsuki.

David ignored the worried look on Emily's face as he continued to watch the first corner of the course with his arms folded across his chest.

Back in the driver's seat of the blue FD Akari was still able to hold her place close behind the Sil80 duo.

'As tough as this is, it's easier then chasing David around Akagi all night,' Akari thought as she continued through the corners.

As the two cars approached the C121 Mako made a slight miscalculation and went slightly wide of her intended line.

Akari saw this and pushed the accelerator to the floor as the two cars flew through the corner in full drifts. The brown haired girl pushed as close as she could to the Sil80 without causing an accident before bringing the car's nose into the slight gap that Mako had left open.

Mako saw what her opponent was doing a little too late and was unable to close the gap before the exit. Both cars shot out of the C121 corner side by side before Akari used the power difference to pull out in front enough to block the inside line with a drift.

Both Mako and Sayuki were in such shock at seeing such a kamikaze driving style used on such a difficult course that they nearly missed the sand that was gathered on the road.

"I'm not sure what I just saw but the FD passed at C121," a girl muttered into her phone as the crowd around her also tried to figure out what they had seen.

Emily was jumping all around the S15 and Chevelle when she heard that Akari had won, David was standing in slight shock as he continued to put the pieces together from information that was still coming in from the corners before and after C121.

"Okay from what we understand, Mako made a slight mistake going into C121, Akari then pushed the nose of the FD into the gap left open and in a kamikaze move she forced the Sil80 into exiting on the wrong line, and so they came out of it side by side, then using the power difference in the two cars she pulled ahead," Kenji said with a hint of excitement in his tone, "Iketani is not happy with you guys, he was hoping that he could celebrate a win with Mako tonight," he finished pointing to the black haired man leaning on the S13.

"Tell him that now he gets to console her about losing to us and that usually goes farther than being there for a win," David said tying not to sound too happy about the win for Iketani's sake.

The only people left when the Sil80 and its FD opponent got back were Iketani, David and Emily. Kenji had taken Itsuki with him in the 180SX.

"I don't know what you were thinking but that certainly rattled our cage, that was a hell of a race," Sayuki said as she climbed out of the Sil80's passenger seat.

"Yeah, well I've been told I'm crazy with this car," Akari replied as the two members of Impact Blue made their way toward her.

"From what I understand that move would have rattled even me, but we would have been driver to driver in that situation," David said as he approached the trio of women.

"Well this means you can use the course for your race against project D, it was a clean race, even though a touch over the normal on aggression," Mako said as Iketani walked slowly towards her.

"Mako, can I speak with you, please?" Iketani asked as he turned and walked back over to his beloved S13.

David kept the other ladies busy talking about technique and possibly arranging for a training meet for Emily.

"Mako, I know I've been stupid in the past, but I think I'd like a third chance if at all possible," The tall black haired man said leaning on the car.

"Maybe, don't be late or think up some dumb excuse to stop seeing me this time okay," Mako said with a slight chuckle before walking away.

Iketani was so over come with joy he completely forgot about the other people when he started skipping around his car. David couldn't help but laugh drawing everyone's attention to the only other man in the crowd, when the black haired man heard the laughter he turned beet red and jumped in his car and drove away.

"Better get out of here ourselves, I've got to be at work in the morning," David said as he climbed into the Chevelle.

The four remaining cars made the sprint to the bottom with the Sil80 leading the way followed by the Chevelle with the S15 between it and the FD. As they made their way down David took in every detail he could, Emily watched the techniques of the other drivers, and Akari made sure Emily stayed out of trouble.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 12 2012, 01:00 AM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 12

Back at David's house the party split up after discussing the Akina race for Emily for a short time.

"Akari and I have the day off from classes tomorrow, so we can use that time to check out Akina at the speed limit," Emily said from the closet.

"Alright, I'll talk to the boss, see if he might give you a few tips and me another go at that Mustang of his," David laughed as he threw himself on the bed. "Emily, be honest, were you uncomfortable out there tonight?" he asked already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, it's just that all those people were out there for you and Akari, or Mako and Sayuki, that on top of the fact I didn't know anyone there besides you and you were off in your own world," Emily said stepping out of the closet with one of David's shirts hanging off her shoulders down to her thigh.

"Well, next time why don't you ask me and I'll introduce you to some of the people that I know, Kenji and Iketani are pretty nice guys, Itsuki is a bit stupid at times but he's alright."

"As much as I wouldn't mind that, there are just too many girls who are after you and guys after Akari, it annoys me that I don't get some of that attention."

David fell into a fit of laughter earning him a pillow to the face from the smaller blonde laying next to him.

"The fact is no one has seen you race before, and most of those girls at these things aren't my type anyway," the blonde man said after pulling the pillow off his face.

"Oh really now, then what is your type?" Emily asked with her voice loaded with sarcasm.

"Oh, short, brown hair, and brave enough to drive behind me going full blast," David replied with a cheesy grin plastered on his face that earned him another pillow to the face.

Emily knew he was describing Akari just to pick on her but her jealous side was winning the fight to pound the larger man into the ground with a pillow so she just kept hitting him.

"Alright, I give, I give," David said through his laughter. "Geez I never knew you were the jealous type."

"I'm NOT jealous!" Emily shouted voice only laced with true anger.

"Emily, you know full well you're the only girl for me, and if those brainless boobs' people call women out there don't get that then let them have their fantasies and ignore them."

"But what about Akari, she could take you from when I go home."

"Oh no, she wouldn't, her boyfriend would never forgive me, meaning I'd go back to the states in six foot by three foot box," David said trying to lift the mood a little.

"SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!" Emily shouted making David nearly fall off the bed.

"Umm… I need to get some sleep," David said trying to ignore the fact Emily was about to fly out of the room.

He could hear Emily on the phone with Akari trying to get her to spill who her boyfriend was even though it was completely useless. David just rolled over and went to sleep knowing he'd get chewed out by Akari next time they saw each other.

The next day David went in to the office earlier than normal and didn't meet with Mr. Yokama in the lobby as he normally would but went in the older man's office and waited for him.

"Mr. Crandon, what are you here this early for?" the secretary asked when she saw the man.

"Hiding from the racing partner, I slipped up and told Ms. Davidson something that woke her up after a race."

"Oh, that's why a young lady has been calling looking for you."

David only nodded his response to the lady before asking her to tell the lobby that he wouldn't be meeting Mr. Yokama as usual.

While he waited the blonde worked on some of the paperwork he'd ignored the day before to get out of the office a little faster. Twenty minutes after David arrived, Mr. Yokama walked into his office to find David sitting at his desk.

"So you want my office then?" the gray haired man asked with a chuckle.

"No sir, but I am hiding here if you don't mind."

"Not at all, for now, but after lunch I need this office for a meeting, my secretary warned me about what you had done, I'd like to keep you around for a little while longer at least, just remember to face you're mistake."

"Oh it's not that big a mistake, I told Emily that Akari had a boyfriend, which she doesn't, but Emily woke her up just after two this morning asking her all about the man who doesn't exist."

David spent the day up till lunch with Mr. Yokama in his office going over some of the numbers that David had been working on that morning, and discussing the Akina mountain pass.

"Alright, guess it's time to face the music," David muttered as he walked into his office where the phone was ringing.

He answered the phone to voice of Akari screaming at him about the phone call at two in the morning. After about ten minutes of letting her go on, David finally convinced her that Emily would be told the truth and that it wouldn't happen again, and they spent a few minutes talking about which one would go to Iketani about the Speed Stars race for Emily.

"Alright, I have to get gas in the Chevelle, it might be out of the way but I'll go to see them, Takumi is my only connection to them and he's tied up," David said finally after twenty minutes of talking Akari out of killing him.

"So I get to keep, so far, the best manager I've had in ten years for another day?" Mr. Yokama asked startling David.

"Only if you stop sneaking up on me like that sir," David said with a laugh.

David spent the rest of the day in business as usual mode until he left for the gas station where Itsuki and Iketani worked.

The blue 1970 Chevelle pulled into the Esso gas station, surprising Itsuki and Iketani.

"Fill it up with high octane would you Itsuki, Iketani and I need to have a chat," David said walking towards the older man.

"So David, what are you up to?" Iketani said as the taller blonde walked over to him.

"Came to challenge the Akina Speed Stars on behalf of Emily," David responded cool as ice, "Look I know you guys aren't the greatest around, but Emily wants a race and I don't want her getting pounded into the ground after all the hard work she's put in."

"I get it so we're kind of a race to see just how far she's come in a month and a half?" Kenji said with a note of hatred towards the idea in his voice.

"No more like a practice race, something that will help her figure out that she needs her own technique rather than copying mine all the time," David responded.

"I think it's a good idea," an older man said as he walked out the door for the store.

"Boss, you think we should go up against someone who trained chasing that car?" Iketani asked pointing out the Chevelle at the pumps.

"You must be Yuichi Tachibana, my boss Mr. Yokama told me about you and Bunta from his racing days, including the fact Bunta waxed him on Akina's downhill," David said extending his hand.

"Hmm. Yokama, sounds familiar, I think he drove an 86 Levin back in the day, as sentimental as I remember him being he probably still has the car," the graying man said rubbing his chin.

"He has at least two that I've never seen, I know he has a black Mercedes CLK 500 AMG, and a 1970 Ford Mustang, I also know that for a short while he drove a 280Z painted red," David said dropping his hand.

"David, your tank is full...What did I miss?" Itsuki asked as he walked over.

"Alright, Saturday at 10 pm, top of Akina," Iketani said his voice filled with determination that surprised all of them.

David nodded before turning around and getting back in the Chevelle and driving off. When David got home he noted that there were two cars sitting in his driveway that didn't belong to anyone he knew. One a white and black 1985 Toyota Levin with a carbon fiber hood and no front grille, and the other a silver 2003 Toyota Altezza. He also noticed the blue FD belonging to his brown haired partner parked in the garage next to the orange S15.

"Who do these belong to?" David asked himself as he walked around the two cars before walking into the front door.

"David, good you're home, this is Wataru Akiyama," Emily said pointing towards a tallish man with shoulder length black hair, "And his cousin Nobuhiko Akiyama," she said pointing to the other man who wore glasses.

"Gentlemen, why are you here?" David asked nodding in the general direction of the two men.

"Akari called me up after asking around about teams who had gone up against Project D, we came to offer help," the man in the glasses said calmly.

"Okay, what do we need help with?"

"The FD on the uphill run is insanely fast, he's been working on throttle control for a while now, we heard he beat 'God foot' Kozo Hoshino of the Purple Shadow using said throttle technique."

"And the 86 downhill is something else, I already knew all that gentlemen, now if you have information I don't have that would be nice," David said getting agitated.

"David, we can use their help, they can scout for us," Akari said trying to sway him,

"I also happen to know that Keisuke and Wataru are friendly rivals, so they could be here scouting for Project D," the blonde said in a tone cold as ice.

David stared the two men dead in the eye trying to figure out what the men's true intentions were.

"Alright American, have it your way, if you don't want our help then we'll leave, just remember this, we were just trying to be friendly," Wataru said before nearly knocking the door off its hinge.

Nobuhiko apologize for his cousin's short temper and ran out the door after him. David watched the two cars fly out of his driveway, the Levin with a little more power then he thought possible.

"Super charger," David muttered after hearing the distinct whine of the device.

"You can tell that from this far? How do you know it wasn't the motor?" Emily asked standing behind her boyfriend.

"You forget I drove a supercharged engine."

David turned and re-entered the house where Akari waited looking just as upset as David did. The tension between the two sent Emily to the kitchen to stay out of their way.

"Akari at least tell me next time you call for help," David said calmly, "You forget I've watched Project D drive before, even had the opportunity to drive behind Ryosuke twice."

"You are way too calm right now, and that worries me more than anything," Akari said after a short silence.

Emily peaked around the corner into the living space of the house when she didn't hear the two teammates shouting.

"Have you killed each other?" She asked in a child like tone while still hiding behind the wall.

David nearly fell over laughing, while Akari did fall over laughing.

"No we aren't going to kill each other, at least not yet," David said once he calmed down.

The next few hours were spent talking about strategies for Emily's race against the Akina Speed Stars. Emily was so excited she barely slept that night.

3 Pages  1 2 3