Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Live with You

Views: 3,454  ·  Replies: 3 
> Auto image resize bug?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 12 2013, 10:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I've been noticing this over the past few weeks but always thought it had something to do with the size of the image and that it wasn't a bug. I figured maybe the function looks at one or the other dimension, compares against a number and decides whether to resize or not. Since I usually post images that are all different sizes I figured whether it resizes or not was just normal.

Then I posted two images that were the exact same resolution and found that one resized properly and the other did not. See here:

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=45...dpost&p=1260678

So, what's going on?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 11:13 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Seems like there is a problem with the forums reading the header information from imgur... I'll look into it.

Edit: Yep.. seems like the same problem with imageshack. imgur is preventing others from remotely reading their header information, perhaps it's a hotlinking countermeasure they just implemented? I am not sure. I just know whenever the forums read their header information, it times out sometimes, not every time though..

Testing minus.com....

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Perry on Jan 12 2013, 11:29 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 12 2013, 11:28 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't say that. That sucks, imgur is so easy...

Ah well, guess I'll stick to my photobucket from now on. At least that works properly. sad.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 11:30 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Yeah... more and more hosts are opting for that protection. I guess it's analogous to someone pinging their site but with a bit more data transferred (No more than 512 bytes for most cases). It's a way to save bandwidth, every little bit adds up. >.<
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project