Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Let's Go, Come On

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,766  ·  Replies: 25 
> How do I speed-up BitTorrent
ares650
  Posted: Jun 20 2004, 03:58 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 724

I saw that some one had posted a link up on how to speed up BitTorrent. I did a search and couldn't find anything, maybe someone could help?

Thanks
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 04:12 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,237

That was Bullcrap. BitTorrent is slowing down and there is crap you can do about it. Wanna know why? Yeah... I figured. It's slowing down because the entire system is based off of people sharing the files that they can from wherever. When people stop sharing those files, then there are less people to DL from and it takes longer for a file to get completely DLed, thus the reason that BT is crap.
Indecisive
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 04:21 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

then all p2p stuff and things similar like mirc, kazaa, etc are all "crap" because it's all the same thing.
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 04:37 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Nope... BT is crap because people are moving away from it and back to KaZaA and the rest of them because the interface is better. People will use what they like. I used BT for a little while and then got fed-up with it and ditched it from KaZaA Lite ++... which I still use to this day.
Evolution
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 05:40 PM

Moo!!

Member No.: 657

BT is only good for the more recent files, but kazaa has a search function which makes it easier. Just take what you prefer.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rayp
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 06:29 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 210

Exept ta BT files are usually worthwhile unlike Kazaa ones where fakes and trash are common. Also Kazaa fill your HD with spywares.

I use Azureus to dowload Torrents. Still slow but at least i can d/l many files at once and it has plenty of useful features.

Bit Torrents aren't like Kazaa or most other spreadwares. You find the links on sites and D/L them like normal d/l, exept peoples can leech from you at the same time. A friend of mine has very fast d/l from BTs, i don't know why he can get them so fast. He can get most files in a few hours while some of my files can take days...
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 06:41 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

I have downloaded so fast that it does not make sense. 100MB AVI's in less then a minute... 4MB MP3'S almost instantly. Does not make sense... but I have done it. KaZaA Lite ++ has no spyware BTW. The files themselves might, but that's what spyware removal tools are for.
AJS13
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 06:55 PM

S13 Silvia K's

Member No.: 1,134

QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Jun 21 2004, 03:41 PM)
KaZaA Lite ++ has no spyware BTW. The files themselves might, but that's what spyware removal tools are for.

Yay for spywear removal tools
Evolution
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 06:56 PM

Moo!!

Member No.: 657

QUOTE (Rayp @ Jun 20 2004, 10:29 PM)
A friend of mine has very fast d/l from BTs, i don't know why he can get them so fast. He can get most files in a few hours while some of my files can take days...

Maybe he downloads the files with alot of seeds.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BiBi
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 07:21 PM

BFV addict

Member No.: 1,236

QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Jun 20 2004, 04:12 PM)
That was Bullcrap. BitTorrent is slowing down and there is crap you can do about it. Wanna know why? Yeah... I figured. It's slowing down because the entire system is based off of people sharing the files that they can from wherever. When people stop sharing those files, then there are less people to DL from and it takes longer for a file to get completely DLed, thus the reason that BT is crap.

LOL BT is not crap. BT > j00 whistling.gif

Indecisive
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 07:37 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

yea, htis isn't in the right forum ehhe

~*TOPIC MOVED TO OFF-TOPIC*~

neways...your views on BT are completely subjective and have no factual evidence to back up your claims(sorry...damn university made me think opinions = worthless w/o proof lol)
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 08:02 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

What do you mean no proof? Maybe that "university" has put your mind inside of a tiny ass box as well. Because my "proof" is in the topic name, as well as in everyone that has said that BT is slow. I don't even have to say anything at all... everyone ELSE is proving my point for me. Neat... isn't it?
4g63T
Posted: Jun 20 2004, 08:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 413

usually when i get stuff off of bt i look at the seeds. if its low seeds means low speed (unless its a couple of high speed seeds). i like bt. i usually get stuff started round 20k then moves up to anywhere in between 150k to 300k. most eps i have within 30 to 45 mins. cant complain about that. i usually seed and send out the same ep 3 to 4 times before closing it down caus it completely hogs my bandwith and i cant do anything at the time when im uploading. overall bt is great for new releases its just more people gota seed.
astrogameguy
Posted: Jun 21 2004, 04:11 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 1,895

in all honesty, with the bots on mirc, i have downloaded 4 gb is less than 4 min. thats 1000MB dumbs from bots dropping files on you. the speed is only limited to how fast your HD spins.
netbizkit
Posted: Jun 21 2004, 08:41 AM

MASTER PROCOKER

Member No.: 312

QUOTE (ares650 @ Jun 20 2004, 03:58 PM)
I saw that some one had posted a link up on how to speed up BitTorrent. I did a search and couldn't find anything, maybe someone could help?

Thanks

if u have a router, theres some ports you have to open up, cant remeber which they are tho
brain007
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 11:55 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 3,127

QUOTE (netbizkit @ Jun 21 2004, 08:41 AM)
if u have a router, theres some ports you have to open up, cant remeber which they are tho

ports 6880 - 6999 usually.

If you use something like bittornado, you can change your ports in the app to whatever you want and then port forward those through your router. This allows you to be an open server and see more people. A website explaining it in a little better detail is here: http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 12:13 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

You know that you are responding a little late and I already addressed this problem to others.
brain007
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 01:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 3,127

I do now. I noticed the last date this was done after I had posted, so I kicked a dead horse hard there, but I figured I might as well just let people know how to speed them up since there isnt anything specific in this thread.
RakeRon
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 01:51 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

I noticed people also failed to mention how ISPs are cracking down on BT users by capping their bandwith, chargining them more for overusage, and suspending accounts (especially with people on EDUs). So users are forced to cap their upload speeds. For new files BT is great, for older files I use eMule or Shareaza with PeerGuardian running. I refuse to go back to Kazaa regardless the client that uses it. RIAA & MPAA are still scouring it and flooding it with fakes. Its not worth the risk.
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 01:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

I made a different thread to address the problem. Called "How to use Bit Torrent Properly".
oceansgurlie
Posted: Nov 3 2004, 05:58 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 4,116

although i really did like the interface of kazaa so much better, i have to say that i will never ever go back to it ever again. there's nothing on it anymore except for these retarded corrupted files and that's only when i do manage to find the things that i want. yay for bittorrent!
LAN EVO IV
Posted: Nov 18 2004, 08:10 PM

it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

Member No.: 1,269

QUOTE (Christian @ Jun 20 2004, 06:37 PM)
Nope... BT is crap because people are moving away from it and back to KaZaA and the rest of them because the interface is better. People will use what they like. I used BT for a little while and then got fed-up with it and ditched it from KaZaA Lite ++... which I still use to this day.

well you are missing out in tons of free software and games...

after 3 years of bittorent experience and over one terra of files downloaded through bittorent i could safely say that bittorent is the best P2P software out there.

and just like Kazaa, bittorents OLD and i mean OLD torrents files transfers are usually slow or out of order and therefore the torrent is removed from the server

and new Kazaa clients are making it more difficult for K++ clients to connect to thier clients after the lawsuit by Sherman corp. against the makers of Kazaa lite K++

i have downloaded torrents files which are 2 years old and still over 100kb/sec

and my top download speed using a bittorent client is about 400kb/sec

rarely i run into a file i want and don't get it within 24 hours time

EDIT: i can help you out will your slow speeds just tell me the type of connection and ISP name, type of hub and product number of hub, type of OS you are running and the names and numbers of firewalls you have protecting your computer. and also some of your computer specs as well smile.gif

This post has been edited by LAN EVO IV on Nov 18 2004, 08:16 PM
Taiki
Posted: Nov 19 2004, 10:05 PM

Chor Lau Heung

Member No.: 1,711

bittorent = recent stuff even though it slow... you know ur not downloading a fake.

kazaa lite = is good, lots of users... which lead to good speed. but some of the recent file are fake, thats why u have to wait a while till those *fags who post fakes up* delete it and than u download the actual one.
ing2ning
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 11:24 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 4,349

BitTorrent is not slow, and if it is, you only have yourself to blame. KLite is garbaggio, and anyone who advocates KLite is a moron. The only thing you can count on Klite for is popular music, but BT makes entire albums available in the first place so there really is no reason to devolve back into a KLite user. Realistically, my BT download speeds hover around 0-30kbps, and will sometimes surge up to 100-200 on my cable connection at home. As a non-seeder, a good rule of thumb is to leave your download open after it finishes until your share ratio is 1:1, meaning you've taken equivalent to what you've given.

If you reside at a school or some other place with a lot of people on the same network, start a direct connect (DC++) hub. At my school we have around 50TB available at 1MB/sec give or take, and not to mention the privacy and safety a closed hub offers.
TruNinja619
Posted: Dec 26 2004, 05:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 4,737

i'm not really a fan of BT myself.. it can be pretty slow compare to if I d/l from the site themself...

honestly..... if these files were off websites.... i would be d/l at rates between 200-500 kb/s....

but the reason some people think BT is slow is pretty much obvious..... b/c the amount of seeds.... if people just don't close the box after they're done what they d/l for even an hour or 2... it helps... helps a lot... its the same exact concept as kazaa lite....

problem w/ kazaa lite is the many fakes you can get d/ling stuff.. and even somtimes.. what you download isn't what you wanted.... despite what the filename says....

i remember one time.. my friend d/l a video of DBZ and ended up getting some hentai stuff... pretty funny... so yea...

both have their pros and cons... i use both... so i have no preference...

This post has been edited by TruNinja619 on Dec 26 2004, 05:14 PM

2 Pages  1 2