Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Atalanta

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,096  ·  Replies: 25 
> Muscle/Exotic/Tuner

Rock, Paper, or Scissor?
Muscle [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
Exotic [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
Tuner [ 11 ]  [84.62%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
tsukikomi
  Posted on Jan 4 2015, 11:37 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 43,994

In the type of cars, which of the 3 is your favorite? Muscles with its power, Exotics with its sexy looks that a lot can clock at high rated speed, or tuners with its turning/cornering capabilities (and reliability). I'm sure the initial d fan base is behind tuners all way but aren't polls fun? happy.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 582. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 12:55 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,374

Exotic. After taking a Ferrari on a track, there's nothing quite like it.
Tessou
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 01:28 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Tuner. I had more fun with the MR2 than any other car I've ever driven.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kazahana
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 02:25 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Most of my dream cars are tuners. Also, that boy racer feel.
Falbere
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 03:05 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

No classics/luxury sedans/suvs?

oh btw classics=/=muscles

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jan 5 2015, 08:38 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Seri
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 05:33 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

As a rotary fan, I've got to say tuner.
Spaz
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 09:43 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

Tuner.

Being a performance-oriented individual, when I can get exotic performance out of something cheap to purchase, mod, and maintain, that's a winner in my book.
Shirogane
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 10:01 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Falbere @ 6 hours, 54 minutes ago)

Really? You're going to go there, Mr. Pedantic? rolleyes.gif

As for me, well...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1040 x 406. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Damn.
Tessou
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 10:53 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Falbere @ 7 hours, 47 minutes ago)

Most classic cars would fall into one of the big three, anyway. Think about cars that could be used in a race, not just "your favorite car".

Goddamn semantics. Before you know it, we'll be in a philosophical black hole where we're sitting here determining what a car is if this shit continues.
Meteor
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 12:34 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

tuners, bcos exotics turn less and muscles turn lesser and tuners r all lite and beat evrything in cornering
nfs cabron isnt unrealstic, rite? its teh authentik tguoe xperience

(inb4 people start debating which country of origin qualifies cars as either of the three and what you call an exotic looking sports car that doesn't come anywhere near supercar performance)

Anyway, don't have a vote here because my tastes aren't that specific at present. I'm just reminded of the semi-amusing days over at NFSCars where misinformation regarding Japanese cars was more apparent among both those who did and didn't like them, and there was even someone talking about how an R32 would lose to a Murcielago on the circuit because high speed but would clearly beat it on the touge every single time because tuner = automatically outcorners everything. Ah, memories.
Sensation!
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 03:26 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

I like all 3.

Personally out of the bunch, I'd own a Javelin, 458, and probably a Miata or a NSX.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Jan 5 2015, 03:28 PM
Falbere
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 08:02 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Well, I am not really a fan of performance vehicles, and I can't really put my favourite 60s Mercedes 600 in any of the 3 categories.

But hey, if this topic is about performance vehicles only, I am not complaining.

Would've gone with tuners. I think the new Golf is cool. As for the older tuners, 1st-gen Eunos Roadster (or Miata/MX5 depending on your region) is pretty sweet.

EDIT: Quick question: I wonder if the Nissan GT-R R35 is considered tuner or exotic.

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jan 5 2015, 08:03 PM
RSanYon
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 08:04 PM

Trill.

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,059

I like all three, but having grown up around imports, I'd have to go with tuners.

Falbere: Quick question: I wonder if the Nissan GT-R R35 is considered tuner or exotic.

They're usually considered both from what I've seen, heard and read: tuner mainly because it's Japanese and has an array of aftermarket parts available, exotic due to its capabilities against other sports cars of the same power and price range. I just consider it to be a sports car imo, nothing more, nothing less.

This post has been edited by RSanYon on Jan 5 2015, 08:18 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted on Jan 5 2015, 08:52 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Why can't we have all three? shrug.gif

I feel like I might get stoned to death or exiled from the island for saying this... While I love cars geared towards tuners. I really appreciate a good looking muscle car. Something about the bold lines and stuff that gets me starstruck. I try to take the time to admire some nice muscles when I see them roaming around.
Tessou
Posted on Jan 6 2015, 10:50 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Falbere @ Today, 12:02 AM)
EDIT: Quick question: I wonder if the Nissan GT-R R35 is considered tuner or exotic.

It's a tuner. Exotic in most circles assumes a limited production allotment and restricted availability. The Nissan GT-R is made in somewhat mass production, is available at almost every Nissan dealership (although not all of them are equipped to service GT-Rs), and to anybody that wants one. It's not an exclusive vehicle.

A Ferrari F40, for example, is an exotic. You'll be lucky to touch one in your lifetime. I've seen a handful of GT-Rs in the few years since they've been on the market. They're not rare.
MetalMan777
Posted on Jan 6 2015, 02:53 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

I voted exotic because Ford Probe is the best ever.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted on Jan 6 2015, 08:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Falbere @ Yesterday, 9:02 PM)
Quick question: I wonder if the Nissan GT-R R35 is considered tuner or exotic.

Well, the three categories provided don't exactly represent every type of vehicle. The GT-R doesn't fit perfectly into one of them.

Personally, I feel like the "tuner" category is more about cars that are almost meant to be tuned. That definitely applied to the previous GT-Rs that weren't available stateside. Sure, you can mod the current ones, but they will beat out 95% of the cars out there, right off the showroom floor. And not a lot of owners mod them, or at least not a big percentage. Plus I don't know if I'd call a $100k car a tuner car, no matter what badge is on it. On top of being extremely mod-friendly, I feel like tuner cars should be within the reach of most people with a career.
Seri
Posted on Jan 6 2015, 08:45 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

Well, most I'd probably go is an R32 V-Spec II or a Porsche 964.

...Though if I could have an exotic of my choice, it'd have to be a Testarossa.
Spaz
Posted on Jan 7 2015, 09:41 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ Yesterday, 11:19 PM)
Well, the three categories provided don't exactly represent every type of vehicle. The GT-R doesn't fit perfectly into one of them.

Personally, I feel like the "tuner" category is more about cars that are almost meant to be tuned. That definitely applied to the previous GT-Rs that weren't available stateside. Sure, you can mod the current ones, but they will beat out 95% of the cars out there, right off the showroom floor. And not a lot of owners mod them, or at least not a big percentage. Plus I don't know if I'd call a $100k car a tuner car, no matter what badge is on it. On top of being extremely mod-friendly, I feel like tuner cars should be within the reach of most people with a career.

Used GT-Rs can be had for $35-45k if you know where to look. The maintenance costs are still real, though.

It's a tuner. It responds well to mods, and if you can afford to own one, you can afford to mod one. My tuner has one, got it super cheap, but doesn't really care about it too much since it's not an Evo. It's been driven by his brother and a couple friends more than by him. I know two other owners, both of whom are making 700+. That's just what you do with them.
backalleyracer
Posted on Jan 7 2015, 03:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

what is a porsche gt3?

What about the new z08?

because those two are the winners
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted on Jan 7 2015, 05:40 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Spaz @ 7 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Used GT-Rs can be had for $35-45k if you know where to look. The maintenance costs are still real, though.

It's a tuner. It responds well to mods, and if you can afford to own one, you can afford to mod one. My tuner has one, got it super cheap, but doesn't really care about it too much since it's not an Evo. It's been driven by his brother and a couple friends more than by him. I know two other owners, both of whom are making 700+. That's just what you do with them.

Yeah, but when talking about the used market, you can say that about anything... it's X amount new, but you can find used ones for 1/2 X. And the key phrase is, if you know where to look, which means that those kinds of buys are going to be far from typical, and definitely not what the average person will find in their area. But going with used car prices isn't always fair, and I'd rather not focus on it for the reasons mentioned.

Yes, the GT-R responds well to mods, but you don't have to mod it for it to be fast, seeing how it already had supercar performance when it came out eight years ago. A lot of cars respond well to mods that I may not necessarily consider "tuner" cars... i.e. any Corvette from the C5 onward, any 911 Turbo from the 996 onward, and those can all be had for far, far below what they stickered for new. Plus there are a shit ton of GT-Rs that are still stock.
Tessou
Posted on Jan 7 2015, 11:54 PM

Group Icon

How about instead of turning this thread into a debate about why there aren't fifteen choices to cover all bases, you just choose between the three given? The question wasn't "what is your favorite car?", it was "which of these three types would you choose".

It's not a philosophical thread. Jesus.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted on Jan 8 2015, 12:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

I voted AND I answered the question, so I think I covered my bases
Rudy
Posted on Jan 10 2015, 01:17 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Rudy on Jan 10 2015, 01:23 PM
tsukikomi
  Posted on Jan 10 2015, 05:47 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 43,994

QUOTE (Rudy @ 4 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Man, it's like I just started a new campaign in Need For Speed: Carbon.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZCBrwlH4Sw
Tuner! Oh yeah.

I personally prefer the exotic theme then the tuner theme but prefer electronic and tuner cars, why couldn't the tuners theme be the exotic theme? I mean its more in the lines of dubstep then anything and no ones rapping.

2 Pages  1 2