Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Kasanova - Love Shining

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 14,214  ·  Replies: 11 
> Any Initial D Arcade Stage Zero in Canada
VietDude
  Posted: Mar 12 2019, 01:14 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,956

Any new ones in Canada.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Sakamuke
Posted: Mar 25 2019, 06:18 AM

ねこarmy

Member No.: 50,652

I'm not sure, but the answer seem to be No, according to the location list on the official website. https://location.am-all.net/alm/location?gm=78

WanganComet
Posted: Mar 27 2019, 03:30 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,207

Apparently someone will have working zero machines with network support at c2e2 and at acen this year.

Posted: Apr 21 2019, 08:34 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

I'd be surprised if there were any in Canada at this point. It's been many years since AS4 got the boot without a newer version replacing it. It's only a few I'd 2-3 that linger around in arcades that don't really update their games. Montreal lost an id2 cabinet these past few months to a year?? In an arcade place. It now is a sports bar, pool and bowling place. There is id3 in a movie theater arcade but that's the only one I know of at this point. The place I go to was a bit behind the games but did keep up decently and they canned AS4 long ago.

N643
Posted: Apr 24 2019, 01:26 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

alberta got id4 and vancouver has 6 cab of id8 (2 1.0 and 4 exp)

we all when back to mt
Posted: May 4 2019, 10:49 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (N643 @ Apr 24 2019, 04:26 AM)
alberta got id4 and vancouver has 6 cab of id8 (2 1.0 and 4 exp)

we all when back to mt

AS4 isnt a surprise. ID8 is a surprise to hear they have it. maybe just a test run to bring the series back and see the reception it gets. id probably get back to the newer ID series if i had a chance though the MT5 series has me busy with a S9 target for R33.

even 6 cabs of ID8 isnt really much of a statement given its not common in other arcades.
RyosukeTakahashiReX7
Posted: May 20 2019, 01:29 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 28,735

QUOTE (WanganComet @ Mar 27 2019, 03:30 PM)
Apparently someone will have working zero machines with network support at c2e2 and at acen this year.

Anime St. Louis was the first showing of Arcade Stage Zero (2 cabinets available). And those were not available at the late hours of the night/morning.

Acen, on the other hand, had 4 cabinets and was open from the conventions opening hours on Friday to its closing hours on Sunday.

Version 1.21. The base version of it I believe. But, it was still a blast, none the less.

N643
Posted: May 26 2019, 04:00 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (207 @ May 4 2019, 10:49 PM)
AS4 isnt a surprise. ID8 is a surprise to hear they have it. maybe just a test run to bring the series back and see the reception it gets. id probably get back to the newer ID series if i had a chance though the MT5 series has me busy with a S9 target for R33.

even 6 cabs of ID8 isnt really much of a statement given its not common in other arcades.

its not a test run, our arcade imports from 3rd party suppliers, this is why we have dx+ back then shortly after asia had it
Posted: May 26 2019, 07:41 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (N643 @ 3 hours, 40 minutes ago)
its not a test run, our arcade imports from 3rd party suppliers, this is why we have dx+ back then shortly after asia had it

the local arcade i go to isnt as up-to-date... as far as other Arcade locations, those owners seem more up-to-date. meh, the MT5 is here locally but thats sufficient for the time being.
N643
Posted: Jun 2 2019, 03:45 PM

IDW Prime Member

no your arcade would only deal with sega or namco NA, what ever they give u, u take it
Munchy
Posted: Nov 5 2019, 12:22 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,338

QUOTE (207 @ Apr 21 2019, 08:34 PM)
I'd be surprised if there were any in Canada at this point. It's been many years since AS4 got the boot without a newer version replacing it. It's only a few I'd 2-3 that linger around in arcades that don't really update their games. Montreal lost an id2 cabinet these past few months to a year?? In an arcade place. It now is a sports bar, pool and bowling place. There is id3 in a movie theater arcade but that's the only one I know of at this point. The place I go to was a bit behind the games but did keep up decently and they canned AS4 long ago.

I made an account just to ask you which movie theatre in Montreal has a cabinet? Or if you know anywhere else locally that has the game (any version)?

Thanks!
Posted: Nov 10 2019, 09:55 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Munchy @ Nov 5 2019, 03:22 PM)
I made an account just to ask you which movie theatre in Montreal has a cabinet? Or if you know anywhere else locally that has the game (any version)?

Thanks!

Scotia bank theater downtown (st catherine street) still has an ID3 double cab but it's in rough condition. The right side cab coin slot is broken ie eats coins without registering. The left side still works fine. I wouldn't risk an actual game card on it, stock car story mode or TA is safe enuff. Their tiny arcade is an oldcorner that removed 7 games last year and this corner has been around since the 1920s. They are pretty much just letting things break down and removing them when it comes. For the ID3 nostalgia, it serves it's purpose but that's about it.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not a regular visitor to the forums here lately, mostly off topic section. I've been forced to move to MT5 and it's ok but IDAS still holds its grip from V2-8 depending on Canada or Japan locations. The only ones I played were V 2, 3, 4 ,zero (briefly on vacay visit).

There was an arcade in Chateauguay that had old school stock games 10yrs ago soulcalibur 2, ID3 etc but I think the billiards area took it over and can't confirm as I forgot where it's location is atm. Old MTL forum had it but sports bar and bowling took over that too. Slim pickings is the word of the day.

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 10 2019, 09:58 AM