Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,819  ·  Replies: 26 
> ID4 HOT in arcades?
clown321
  Posted: Nov 29 2008, 06:36 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,433

For me, i don see anyone really playing ID4 in arcades. by the way i play in sg's plaza sing.
anw, i rarely seeing ppl sitting down playing for hours. its either ID is now not popular or pros just get sick and tired of playing.

Just on the friday that just passed, i went to the same arcade to play but no other ppl was playing before me. so i just sat down and played on my own. Later, one guy who had better timing than me came in. He just played 2 rounds, and it seemed that he did not play well. the first round he played, just on Akina DH's first turn, he banged on the outer wall, and he don wanna play that round anymore. on the 2nd time that he played, i did not watch him play as i was playing too. well, as i was playing, he just suddenly banged the screen hard, which shook me. i did not play well for that game too, as his "pro-ness" aura affected me.
In the end, he left. When i left, he was the only stranger that i met, and played ID4 just for a while.

Anyone other situations, or ID is really dead now?
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 06:59 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

not really. It's decent over here in Japan. Well... Sorta... My students and other younger men prefer to play Wangan Midnight, but there are still plenty of people who play internet battle. That's where most of the challenge is now.
xyeohts
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 07:55 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,770

here in Penang there are a lot of players.. very few pros actually.. mostly are noobs.. new players.. doesn't know brakes exist..

team DD usually would easily smoke these players.. it is hot in one place only.. Queensbay Mall not even hot in 1 Stop where the cheapest ID4 around.. RM 0.50 per round.. but no one is there.. though it is RM 4 per entry for an hour play..

but it could be better.. i guess the 1.5 upgrade screwed it all up...
kazahana
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 08:04 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Not even one machine in my arcade laugh.gif
Well I'm not complaining, V3 is still in my heart happy.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 08:14 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Over in KL, ID4 isn't entirely dead...there's just no competitive scene compared to Wangan here. Usually you'll find people playing casually (with or without a card), but that's about it. Some of the arcades don't even bother restocking on cards once they've ran out.

1.5 probably did more harm than good....when 1.2 was nearing its end days the scene was still alive...once 1.5 came over, suddenly the popularity just completely went down. In fact, there's one arcade in KL still currently on 1.2 and that arcade's ID4 scene is probably the only place in KL where the game is still "hot".

I guess people found 1.2's penalty cancel based physics were more enjoyable compared to the 1.5 physics.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Nov 29 2008, 08:19 AM
icedagger
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 08:48 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Still quite a bit of activity over here in the Philippines. Not as much as there used to be for IDAS3 though.

KTX
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 01:53 PM

The Silver Panda

Member No.: 20,369

california is dead, I think USA all together. Vancouver form what I know is pretty dead too. According to some of my friends ID4 is weak in south korea, but v3 is reviving. Overall I think Wangan has stolen Initial D popularity...I mean just compare this forum to the wangan forum. This forums first page spans like 4 months whereas the wangan forum spans only like a couple days! I think this Initial D forum is like the last one that is still getting new post, even racegame.org is pretty dead in terms of ID
clown321
  Posted: Nov 29 2008, 05:40 PM

IDW Regular Member

LOL. then we should blame ID4 for making its game dead pinch2.gif
just a passing remark.
icedagger
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 05:48 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Hmm, it seems IDAS4 is still going strong in Taiwan. They've posted up quite a lot of new times within the past month. Some of their times are getting a bit close to the Jap records. smile.gif
samtruong200
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 05:54 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 19,569

ID in cvgl has been EXTREMELY dead. The machines just sit there now a occasional people playing it. It seemed to have gone downward since V3.
RooP
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 06:31 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 28,314

most who say ID4 is not fun, they will find it fun if theres an ego boosting aura system like the JDM IDv4.

so therefore.. most IDv4 players who dont like v4 are just hungry for egos.

cool.gif
clown321
  Posted: Nov 29 2008, 08:09 PM

IDW Regular Member

lols. cant understand what you mean RooP. but what i thought was there were too many changes from ID3 to ID4, such as auras and all that, thats why ppl don wann cont ID?
min.tee
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 10:27 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,114

Compared to MT3, ID4 is dead. Two sets of 4 MT3 machines in the mall I work at, for at total of 8, compared to only 4 ID4 machines.

I understand that most kids here in Vancouver like 4 player free-for-all street racing more than a drifting duel between only 2 players.

BG4 is even more popular here than ID4.

IMO ID4 is in an awkward place between the super-technical feature-packed near-sim BG4 and the arcade highway racer MT3.

If BG4 wasn't so technical, I'd play it. Sadly I don't know how to work a clutch yet lol. It's also a little too technical for me. If there was a game like BG4 but more arcadey, I'd play it over ID4.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 10:55 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

over here, as i may have said before, it really depends on where you play... if you choose to play in the hotspots (most notably megamall), you have a great chance of being able to spot the top guns...

however, if you're like me who doesn't have the luxury to go to those hotspots and/or who chooses not to go there at all on some days when i want to play alone without distractions/advices/tips/BS, those places (glorietta, rob. place, MOA) are mostly dormant as far the ID4 scene is concerned... WMMT and BG and even other non-racing games like DDR, drummania, tekken, etc. have a bigger following in these places compared to ID... if this were the yugioh TCG, the odds that an average player like myself would be able to spot a top-tier player in these places would be just as slim as being able to draw all five pieces of exodia at the very beginning of the duel...

a stark contrast to what it was like in the early days of ID4 1.2, when even those places wherein gameplay costs are high had a huge number of players (great, decent, average, below par, plain awful)... nowadays, it's just the ones at the tip of the iceberg (the top guns or "mamaws" as we call it here) who take the game seriously with serious IR competition among garou, godspeed crew, revolution, and bhann speed...
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Nov 30 2008, 07:34 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Okay, so it's pretty hot over here actually. Today, my buddy and I went down the biggest arcade in town and the ID4 cabs were all taken up. We ACTUALLY had to wait for someone to get off so we could play.

... I guess there is something about playing a game which is based around Gunma in an arcade in Gunma ><
xRenz
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 11:25 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,142

lol theres only one ID4 machine in my acrade, but its not that popular
only two types of ppl play. those who have a card and are serious..
or those just trying it for fun.
otherwise, most people are at max tune, ID3, DDR and/or other games.
Poznanman
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 12:58 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,438

My arcade got IDAS4 about 6 months ago now so it is still attracting alot of attention. I know every time that I go (which is once a week, usually), there is always someone playing. I wish we had more than the two machines, but I'm just glad we have the game. Though, compared to WMMT3, it's definitely not as "hot" as that game is.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
TougeSpirit
Posted: Dec 7 2008, 08:39 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

QUOTE (KTX @ Nov 29 2008, 01:53 PM)
california is dead, I think USA all together. Vancouver form what I know is pretty dead too. According to some of my friends ID4 is weak in south korea, but v3 is reviving. Overall I think Wangan has stolen Initial D popularity...I mean just compare this forum to the wangan forum. This forums first page spans like 4 months whereas the wangan forum spans only like a couple days! I think this Initial D forum is like the last one that is still getting new post, even racegame.org is pretty dead in terms of ID

Dead? I don't know any other arcades, but in UC Davis' Memorial Union, we still play 1.2 and while it's not hot, it is still visited. When 3-4 full tuned players happen to be around, it gets pretty lively, not nearly as much as last year, though. I know Santa Cruz Boardwalk has 1.5, I don't know if that's popular, but I don't think it is. California could very well be dead, but if that's the case, I think Davis' MU will be the last fortification for idas4 players. Personally, I like version 3, but I find 4 easier to play and sharper. We do need IDAS5 for an injection in enthusiasm in the US, though, but of course existing IDAS4 players will be praying to be able to transfer the cards over. I've heard this is the case, good, cause that'll probably be the factor that encourages people to try out the new version.
TOJI
  Posted: Dec 9 2008, 02:03 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,300

I went around northern california and from what i seen no matter where you are in CA, version 4 is either dead and empty, left broken machine, or people just playing with stock cars.

Hopefully ID5 will be the next big thing that will turn all of this around otherwise bye bye racing arcades
razorsuKe
Posted: Dec 9 2008, 03:17 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

ID4 is so HOT, SO HOT HERE that it's on FIRE!!

That is to say we burnt the thing to the ground so it would be easier to shove into a garbage bin.
MokonA
Posted: Dec 9 2008, 03:59 PM

Popcorn AND Sex

Member No.: 5,501

QUOTE (razorsuKe @ Today at 3:17 PM)
ID4 is so HOT, SO HOT HERE that it's on FIRE!!

That is to say we burnt the thing to the ground so it would be easier to shove into a garbage bin.

Best post all day today.

Theres maybe 3 in Florida, and one is in Orlando and it makes NO MONEY. Everyone plays Max tune 3 and I can't blame them one bit.
Poznanman
Posted: Dec 9 2008, 04:06 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,438

QUOTE (MokonA @ Today at 4:59 PM)
Best post all day today.

Theres maybe 3 in Florida, and one is in Orlando and it makes NO MONEY. Everyone plays Max tune 3 and I can't blame them one bit.

It's weird cause I have a totally opposite attitude. Once I started to play IDAS4, it was hard to go back to playing WMMT3. I played WMMT3 last time I was at the arcade and I just couldn't get back into it. Initial D as a series just has me "hooked" compared to Wangan which was more of a "fad" for me.

I don't know, that is just my opinion though.

ID for life!!
xLightx
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 05:19 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,320

Well i played WMMT3. It's not bad.
I'm an Initial D Player for life. Here in New York City it is dying tho. Only about 6-15 Experience players play here. There are a lot of new players now since the machines restocked on the Licenses. happy.gif Other then that it's dying here fast. We need ID5 and we need it Now.
Acadi
Posted: Jan 11 2009, 06:38 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,562

I don't think balancing the cars was a good idea... it's really lame.

If they wanted to balance they should have the slower cars upgrades through steps so that they can come close to the should-be top cars like Mitsubushi Evo. But being able to run the same speed with them stock? What's with Evo top speed 196 km/h? It should be 260+km/h. You buy an Evo, but it's really just an Evo on the outside. Totally lame.

Anyway, in Ottawa, there's only one Initial D machine and it's v3, and it doesn't make much money.

This post has been edited by Acadi on Jan 11 2009, 06:39 PM
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:39 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i think id4 isnt doing too well in montreal. presumably there are still some players at it but ive stopped playing it a while ago and i dont really bother playing it that much. i still keep the card on me evo3 ft and ntune ek9 with minimalbody alterations ie rims hood, front fender.i got hooked on sega rally 3 and it sure does mess me up a bit when i tried a run in id4 after not playing id4 for a while. SR3 replaed the lonely id4 cabs at the arcde near my house. its fun but no card system and limited tracks (4 total) to play.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jan 19 2009, 09:44 PM

2 Pages  1 2