Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) feedback landing

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

18 Pages  « 16 17 18  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,286  ·  Replies: 433 
> IDAS4 1.5 International version, CONFIRMED and out!
L.I. Phantom
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 07:37 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,651

Just a heads-up. Anyone in the New england area, Tokyo Game action just upgraded their cab to 1.5. I'll have a hands-on report this weekend for anyone who wants it (inbetween rounds of their WMMT tourney, hehe).
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jul 23 2008, 01:12 AM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

does that mean all of mass. will get 1.5 cause i'm heading out to the other arcade over there with ID4 and i really dont wanna play 1.2.
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jul 23 2008, 02:35 AM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

QUOTE (toookoooldrew118 @ Today at 1:12 AM)
does that mean all of mass. will get 1.5 cause i'm heading out to the other arcade over there with ID4 and i really dont wanna play 1.2.

Why not?For Me I would like to try 1.2 again...
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jul 23 2008, 08:17 AM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

because all of my times are faster with 1.5. i cant explain it but yea.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Jul 23 2008, 10:58 AM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

i really hope that its not like 1.5. I wasn't really happy with 1.5.
Kazuki
Posted: Jul 29 2008, 10:38 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,623

My times took a major dump on iro reverse wet. on 1.2 I was easily able to get a 3.00.xxx but even after 3 hours I could hardly muster a 3.04.xxx
It's really bizarre because on most of the turns, I'm carrying WAY more exit speed than on 1.2. Probably because of the way the oversteer works. even though I'm going through the turn's with more speed, the actual ground speed slows down a lot (makes no sense like that, but basically, it's like the game gets your speed based only off the wheel speed, not car to ground speed) so the wheels are a turning, but the car's not movin. Kinda sucks but at closing time I was finally able to get near a 3.00, but OVERSTEER SCREEE CRASH and spun out on the VERY last turn due to hitting my thumb (stubbed it, it's swollen like a plum now)

ah, another thing I noticed on taking the hairpins at iro. even if you're carrying all that exit speed, the problem is you slide and hit the wall, which stalls your car (while still showing that stupid high speed) It seems like you have to take them a lot smoother than before, and can't rely on wallraping every single turn haha. The problem I kept having was on a lot of the turns, I would smack the ass of the car at the exit. but if i was able to slide the car right, and let it slide through the turn smoothly, it would drop my times a LOT. It's hard to explain what I'm saying without being there... I guess I'm finding myself taking turns much wider, and sliding the car quite a bit sooner, to avoid the cars ass hitting the wall as it swings around.

This post has been edited by Kazuki on Jul 29 2008, 10:44 PM
DK_2
Posted: Jul 29 2008, 11:42 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BRAKE MOAR.
and countersteer more.
it's ok to tap the wall a bit.
idk you dont get speed penalty UNLESS you slam the outside.
if you need more advice, just pm me.

take advice from the guy who ran a 2'48 with a DC2 xD
Jerry Liu
Posted: Jul 29 2008, 11:50 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

^^^I love your avy.^^^
Kazuki
Posted: Jul 30 2008, 10:31 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,623

QUOTE (DK_2 @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BRAKE MOAR.
and countersteer more.
it's ok to tap the wall a bit.
idk you dont get speed penalty UNLESS you slam the outside.
if you need more advice, just pm me.

take advice from the guy who ran a 2'48 with a DC2 xD

Thanks for the tips. I went out today and after an hour or so I understood exactly what you ment, and cut a 2.55.xxx I know for sure I can do a 2.54, I just need to make the lines a bit cleaner.
and the penalty, I found that if the rear of the car taps the wall (not even slamming into it full force) you get a pretty bad penalty.

Now it's time to go and try and learn the REST of the tracks. (I've never tried to actually learn the other courses. I've basically put ALL my time into Iro, and since this past month, i've only been really doing reverse/wet >_>)

18 Pages  « 16 17 18