Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Views: 9,039  ·  Replies: 10 
> About my P0401 CEL code...
Vile
  Posted: Jan 10 2014, 10:43 PM

IDW's Furfag

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,586

Well I'm stumped. The code P0401 (Insufficient flow of EGR valve ) will not go away ever since of October 2013. Well anyways I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '02 and this is so far what I've done to it.

- Cleaned out the carbon deposits with carb+choke cleaner on the passageway of the EGR as well as the intake plenum and lower manifold. Still on.

- I know the EGR Valve itself isn't the source of the problem (well from the way I understand the code) but I went ahead and replaced it anyways. Still on.

- Checked for any leaks or clogs on the vacuum hoses and there doesnt seem to be any.

- I checked the voltage on the solenoid for the EGR using a multimeter. According to the voltage amount that it should be from the Eclipse forum on Club3G, it wasn't the right voltage. voltage or current? lol I'm no Electrician, sorry about that. But anyways, I replaced the solenoid and the problem went away until two months later. It came back on.

I guess the only thing that I can try is this seafoam method? Feel free to chime in on this.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 11 2014, 06:03 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

MAP sensor.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Vile
  Posted: Jan 12 2014, 12:27 AM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 7:03 AM)
MAP sensor.

From what I read upon, the car has a MAF sensor instead of a MAP sensor. Well anyways thanks for the help Spaz! I will let you know once I buy the sensor and install it.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 12 2014, 11:03 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Vile @ Today, 3:27 AM)
From what I read upon, the car has a MAF sensor instead of a MAP sensor. Well anyways thanks for the help Spaz! I will let you know once I buy the sensor and install it.

No.

The MAF is the sensor in the intake, and yes, that is what is used for air metering.

The car still has a MAP sensor, which it uses to help calculate engine load and test whether or not the EGR is working properly. When it fails, it throws that code.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 12 2014, 04:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Woah, a car with both? That's crazy. blink.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Vile
  Posted: Jan 12 2014, 09:16 PM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Woah, a car with both? That's crazy. blink.gif

Haha that's what I thought too.

Spaz, I don't seem to recall their being a MAP sensor on my car based on the 6g72 manual that Im looking at. Can you help me out?But thanks on the simple explanation between the two though.

Edit:
I think you're right if you're referring to the manifold differential pressure sensor Spaz? It is sitting on top of the intake manifold...

This post has been edited by Vile on Jan 12 2014, 09:50 PM
Spaz
Posted: Jan 12 2014, 10:18 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Vile @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
Haha that's what I thought too.

Spaz, I don't seem to recall their being a MAP sensor on my car based on the 6g72 manual that Im looking at. Can you help me out?But thanks on the simple explanation between the two though.

Edit:
I think you're right if you're referring to the manifold differential pressure sensor Spaz? It is sitting on top of the intake manifold...

Yeah, they call it something dumb to better define it's use, but it's by definition a MAP sensor.

Ford calls them something else derpy too.

This post has been edited by Spaz on Jan 12 2014, 10:19 PM
Vile
  Posted: Jan 13 2014, 07:27 AM

IDW's Furfag

So we can gladly say that my car has a MAF and a MAP sensor. whistling.gif

Well what do you know, my dad told me he already replace the map sensor. But the code still persists. Well he did buy it from AutoZone and from what I heard they tend to be crap. So I guess I'll have to go with a brand new oem MAP Sensor.

Spaz
Posted: Jan 13 2014, 09:04 AM

Group Icon

Well, something's gotta be wrong somewhere, and that's the one part you hadn't mentioned yet that I would normally associate with that code. If you want to put another on, go for it. Otherwise if you know anybody with EvoScan and a Tactrix cable they can force the EGR open and log the sensor voltages and try to track it down from there.
Vile
  Posted: Jan 15 2014, 10:15 PM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (Spaz @ Jan 13 2014, 10:04 AM)
Well, something's gotta be wrong somewhere, and that's the one part you hadn't mentioned yet that I would normally associate with that code. If you want to put another on, go for it. Otherwise if you know anybody with EvoScan and a Tactrix cable they can force the EGR open and log the sensor voltages and try to track it down from there.

Aahh okay. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again Spaz! happy.gif
Vile
  Posted: Jan 21 2014, 10:32 PM

IDW's Furfag

Well it's been a week now without this code coming up on my instrument cluster after changing the vacuum control valve. So I guess I can clearly say that it's gone? I've been scanning the car with my OBDII reader and watching for any pending codes like a hawk.