Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - platinum

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,385  ·  Replies: 31 
> exhaust manifod discussion.
TTH
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 02:02 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,213

So if only the normal SR rockers are junk, why not to use the SR20VE head, you know, it's a full copy from VTEC system and has similar rockers.. tongue.gif

On a streetcar you won't be hitting that much boost that the strenght of the alu block becomes as an issue. Besides I think it's more common for RBs crack between the cylinder walls than for SRs. It's not about the material, it's about the vibrations and balance. SR20 has a full-counter crank when some RBs (atleast 26) only got half-counter. Read the last post:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/fully-counterwe...ot-t499998.html

Trust me, I know exactly what compound turbo is smile.gif
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6Y_75n0_A )

Mercedes and BMW use compound charging in factory diesel setups..

With less money and hassle you end up spending on a compound turbo, you'll get the RB25 NEO-head and RB30 bottom end. If the VCT or NEO is too much then just get head from old RB25DE, no VCT at all. But the NEO head should be awesome, pretty close to the mighty RB26 head and comes with variable timing.
3.0 bottom end, NEO head and great twinscroll set-up with (EFR), there's all you need for a streetable engine to haul sum ass.

The compound set-up takes a lot of space and I'm pretty sure that the compound charging makes so much heat in petrol engine that it's not that efficient anymore..
It's not all about the number of the chargers, it's about how well does the rest of the engine work together with the charger(s).

There are few genuinely good advices in this topic, I think you should take your time and think about them..
Of cource, it's your money, you can do what ever you want with them..
s12drifter
  Posted: Apr 2 2013, 02:51 PM

The Lulz Boat

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,696

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 1 hour, 16 minutes ago)
This thread is 5/5 stars.
Keep it up guys, the "my shitty Japanese motor is better than your shitty Japanese motor" is always good for a few laughs..

Backalleyracers post in this thread just about sums it all up. You aren't injecting kerosene into your turbo, there's really no need for a titanium manifold of any sort.
If you're building a track car, ditch every single part of your AC if you're so worried about weight.
And instead of buying titanium pipes, use the the money you save to buy a proper daily driver. Using a built track car as a daily will get tiring real fast; its simply a stupid idea.

I just find it funny LOL SR20's are fan boi motors. as are RB26's

CA18 is actually a decent motor, i would rock one in a S chassis or some kinda small car.

Besides I think it's more common for RBs crack between the cylinder walls than for SRs. It's not about the material, it's about the vibrations and balance. SR20 has a full-counter crank when some RBs (atleast 26) only got half-counter

LOL funny inline 6's are harmonically balanced. they dont NEED to be fully counter balanced and i have never heard of a RB block cracked between cylinder. 4 cylinder is possible the roughest running engine next tot he V6. especially RB20's since their walls are SO thick in-between each other

it's not for a street car it's for a road car. I would rather use a CA18det in the Z31 then a SR20. thats my opinion.

compound turbos are super efficient i guess you have not see streetfighters car LOLOLOL...

I would love to go RB30DET with a RB26 head. i dislike the VCT neo and think is stupid a band-aid if you will. i would run a hx40/hx52 and make like 500hp at 10 pounds LOL

This post has been edited by s12drifter on Apr 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Spaz
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 04:11 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

FWIW I'm watching this. Laughing, but watching.

Just keep it between the guidelines and shiny side up, 'kay kids?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
s12drifter
  Posted: Apr 2 2013, 04:14 PM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Spaz @ 2 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
FWIW I'm watching this. Laughing, but watching.

Just keep it between the guidelines and shiny side up, 'kay kids?

kay biggrin.gif awesome.gif
Rudy
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 05:48 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
s12drifter
  Posted: Apr 3 2013, 05:59 PM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 11 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
Screw the RB, CA, KA and SR. If I ever own a Silvia or 180SX, I'm putting in a fucking FJ20ET! Hah! Take that. fanboys! mad.gif

But seriously, the FJ doesn't get enough love. crying2.gif

...but wait, how did an exhaust manifold topic turn into cross-Nissan hateism, anyways? blink.gif

i LOVE the FJ's motors they are made of god's spit. seriously

if I get another S12.... hint hint... I'm going Fj20. 350hp on a S12 is more then enough..

lol at the fact that fanboi's think the SR20 is gods will laugh2.gif facepalm.gif

I dont know but I think i'll just deal with it and go with a stainless steel or inconel manifold one or the other.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 06:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I honestly can't believe Sensation held himself back as much as he did up there... and I also cannot believe that s12 still hasn't figured out that I was spewing sarcasm as thick as molasses when it came to shit-talking the SR platform. laugh2.gif I'm just... wow. I might have missed out on April Fools but boy did I get a good laugh here. The SR is a great engine with oodles of aftermarket support and third-party knowledge that makes great, reliable power when built properly and not banged against the rev limiter all day like the drifter faggots who made up the whole 'durr hurr weak rocker arms hurrrr' bullshit that s12 so readily accepted as cold hard fact. I'm dying here.

Keep up the good work, mateys!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

2 Pages  1 2