Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Dr. Love - Don't Stand So Close

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,678  ·  Replies: 60 
> 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T (GTO, 3000GT)
PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:55 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,831

This topic is making my heart ache for a license and a car...
Dat engine sound... dribble.gif
Spaz
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:56 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 12 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
God damn it, the 6G72 really is one of the better sounding V6's, it's held up to aging extremely well.

You haven't heard a whole lot of 6Gs, have you?

It's really hard to make a V6 sound bad, and Mitsu seems to have found a way, outside of a very select few exhaust options.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rudy
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:00 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:02 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 42,103

Thanks Dorifuta! The 6G74 sounds pretty beast too, but I'm plenty pleased with what I have right now! I hope you can see it in person one day! Maybe I'll let you drive it too!

Pwnator, study up and take your time picking what car you want! The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO platform is a pain in the ASS to work with both financially and physically but damn are they a blast to drive. Hahaha

Spaz, are you implying that the 6G72 sounds bad? D:

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 7 2013, 09:02 PM
Rudy
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:07 PM

Unregistered

PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 41,831

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 5 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Thanks Dorifuta! The 6G74 sounds pretty beast too, but I'm plenty pleased with what I have right now! I hope you can see it in person one day! Maybe I'll let you drive it too!

Pwnator, study up and take your time picking what car you want! The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO platform is a pain in the ASS to work with both financially and physically but damn are they a blast to drive. Hahaha

Although I've already chosen the AE86 as the car I'm aiming for, I don't know whether it'll still be available by the time I get my license.
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:18 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 10 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
...Wait. Is Spaz saying that the 6G is an engine that sounds awesome under most circumstances, or awful under most circumstances? I may have read his post backwards. facepalm.gif

That's what I was wondering about. I guess we will wait and find out from him directly. My car will be back in my garage within two weeks for sure! I will make sure to take tons of videos! Possibly even some vids of me driving her home. Her shining eyes (headlights) and front features are currently being put back on since all electronics are running good. Then we finish the exhaust and get an alignment. Easy stoof. Eaaasy stoof~

Pwnator, it should still be available. I saw one not too long ago in Arvin, CA for 5000 firm. It was really clean, if I had the money I would have bought it haha.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:18 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 16 minutes, 48 seconds ago)

For a V6, yes, with most aftermarket exhausts. Some (don't ask me which brands) actually sound decent.

It's certainly no VQ for sound.
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:29 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,740

With stock, I was barely able to hear anything. It was very quiet that you would have thought of driving something like a new minivan or something... I am happy I am able to hear my V6 thanks to my exhaust.

And yea, 86s if you look enough, you'll still find em for sale.
Rudy
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 10:15 PM

Unregistered

TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 7 2013, 10:17 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 57 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
For a V6, yes, with most aftermarket exhausts. Some (don't ask me which brands) actually sound decent.

It's certainly no VQ for sound.

So does mine sound bad? ;_; I thought it sounded quite good..
sideways
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 02:47 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 7 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Storytime nao? I would like to know what happened or what you are talking about pls.

Weve had small car meets before for our socal members. We went to a road near by known as GMR. Sadly the mountain road can be a bit unforgiving- Im not 100% on the details of how it happened bu the owner of the 3kgt ended up in a small collision (Not sure if he hit the wall or a guardrail or what). If I recall correctly he ended up tweaking the front end of his car and bent the vehicle around the core support (no injuries to anyone thankfully) sadly. But i dont know what ever happened after that, and this was some years ago.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:56 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ Today, 1:17 AM)

So does mine sound bad? ;_; I thought it sounded quite good..

The quality of the sound isn't that clear to really be able to tell, but Invidias tend to be loud, what do you have for sound control other than that and the turbos?

I've noticed that they tend to take on kind of a blatty sound to them that tends toward being tinny, even with the turbines.
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 8 2013, 11:13 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (sideways @ 8 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Weve had small car meets before for our socal members.  We went to a road near by known as GMR.  Sadly the mountain road can be a bit unforgiving-  Im not 100% on the details of how it happened bu the owner of the 3kgt ended up in a small collision (Not sure if he hit the wall or a guardrail or what).  If I recall correctly he ended up tweaking the front end of his car and bent the vehicle around the core support (no injuries to anyone thankfully) sadly.  But i dont know what ever happened after that, and this was some years ago.

Oh snap..I wish I could see pictures of it. Luckily there were no serious injuries.

QUOTE (Spaz @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
The quality of the sound isn't that clear to really be able to tell, but Invidias tend to be loud, what do you have for sound control other than that and the turbos?

I've noticed that they tend to take on kind of a blatty sound to them that tends toward being tinny, even with the turbines.

There's nothing else on at the moment. Goes straight from the engine down and currently straight to the back of the car. I'll be taking it to an exhaust shop in OC to see what they would recommend to help me keep a low profile since I'm not planning on going loud. I'll take an updated video once that is done too.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 08:42 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ Yesterday, 2:13 PM)
There's nothing else on at the moment. Goes straight from the engine down and currently straight to the back of the car. I'll be taking it to an exhaust shop in OC to see what they would recommend to help me keep a low profile since I'm not planning on going loud. I'll take an updated video once that is done too.

Sounds like a plan. Please do post a vid!
Rudy
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 10:54 AM

Unregistered

TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 9 2013, 11:37 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 42 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Well, the cats also count as sound control yanno...

cats...what cats? *looks under car* I don't see any cats..they must be in the trash, with the rest of the stock exhaust. Heheheh.. shifty2.gif I'm counting down the days till she comes home. Should be getting more pics by this weekend!
Rudy
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 01:45 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 02:00 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 15 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Smogging that car without cats should be... Interesting. dry.gif

I'm sure he has a friend named Benny who could help him out with that. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 03:00 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Do you have CA plates? Most likely not... but if you did be careful if you ever find yourself driving in San Diego. We got portable smog stations here tongue.gif. Completely voluntary, but if you refused you go onto a list or something.

Anyways, she sounds great without a cat.
Rudy
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 04:11 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 04:28 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 17 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
You don't even need to encounter a portable smog station, all you need to be doing is cruising and be stopped for your loud exhaust... if the cop peeks under your car and notices a lack of emission control devices, you're in hot water.

Not necessarily. There are ways around it. The best is to drive a badass car (i.e. 75 or older). The second-best is to put on your best trollface and have Florida plates. The third-best is to just put on a trollface and dealwithit.jpg. troll.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 05:14 PM

IDW Supremo Member

If you get pulled over, ask them if they want a ride lol.
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 11 2013, 05:17 PM

IDW God Member

So right when I think we are close to being done, the car decides to show that it still has true 3S spirit and doesn't want to FRNGGGG work. pinch2.gif It isn't idling correctly so we are suspecting its the IAC. If it's not that, then it's most likely the ECU which means I would have to send it off to get rebuilt. Please pray for me that it's just the stupid IAC. Haha.

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 11 2013, 05:18 PM
sideways
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 05:43 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Iac or sensor most likely. IF it is the ecu, why get that one rebuilt? Why not just find a second hand ecu?

3 Pages  1 2 3