Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Mega NRG Man - Red Light And Sex

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,095  ·  Replies: 9 
> A few general questions., I'm sort of getting the hang of it, but...
Rubr
  Posted: Jun 18 2016, 10:54 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,488

Alright, well, sorry to let this be my first "true" post on the forums, a post asking for tips... facepalm.gif Anyway, I guess I'm getting the hang of the game, but nothing too concrete so far. I've completed Legend of The Street on Medium, and really, all I'm interested in doing right now is having fun, online. As for my three questions...

I currently mainly use both fully tuned RX-7s, but am open to change. What should I try?

I'm using a controller, but have a Thrustmaster T80. Is it worth getting used to wheel?

Is automatic alright to use, or does it just decrease my possible manual performance?

Alright, well, if you decide to answer, I thank you in advance.
EDIT: Sure I raced one of you guys not even an hour ago. White Roadster, SS, Akagi uphill. Was pretty fun.

This post has been edited by Rubr on Jun 18 2016, 10:55 PM
xDrHellx
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 03:55 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,662

Hey

Car-wise, i'd say try a car that works better for downhill, or just a different type;
http://initial-d-extreme-stage-ps3.blogspo...al-hq-scan.html

As far as i know, the RX-7 is FR-type and it's better for uphill races.

For the wheel, well, personnaly i use a wheel now, and i think it's way, waaaaaaaay better than using a controller, i'd say for this game, it's definitly another experience, especially if you're aiming for good times (time attack).

So imo, yes, it is worth getting used to using the wheel.

As for automatic, no, manual is way better, if you use automatic, you won't be able to use your car to it's full potential (the game doesn't always changes as soon as you could, or when you'd actually need to, for better times.

PS: About full-tuned cars, i'm pretty sure (90%) that parts like spoilers, front, side parts, etc affects your car stats too. So far, i tested all of them on 2 cars (AE86 and RX-8), i got different results with the same conditions (same track, weather, lines and gear shifts).
From what i've read on this forum though, they doesn't affect stats in the other games.

This post has been edited by xDrHellx on Jun 19 2016, 04:02 AM
Rubr
  Posted: Jun 19 2016, 12:20 PM

Shmuck

Thanks for the reply, DrHellx.

Your tips are greatly appreciated,and I will start putting them in practice - especially manual. Are you sure about the aerodynamic parts? It could possibly explain why they're in two sections, with parts that would help the aerodynamic in one section, and those who wouldn't, in the other. (You know, performance is first, aero(?) second, and the rest third) Or, maybe it's just been like that in Arcade Stage games, it's been too long since I've played one. In either case, I will look into it! Thank you.
xDrHellx
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 02:36 AM

IDW Member

Well tbh i never got to play the arcades so far.

As for the aerodynamic parts, well, no one mentions it, i found it by testing each part myself on stream.

From what i've noticed, for one aerodynamic part, the stat change is very small (milliseconds to 1 full second usually), but the more parts you change, the bigger the difference is.

https://i.gyazo.com/ccb9785a9f83fa4091016cd335d60962.gif

Take a look at this, that's a graphic about my time attack times on Akina Lade (2nd option, dry weather).

The second time (2:49.263) was when i found the lines back then, with the RX-8.
Then i optimized it, i tried every aerodynamic part on it, with the same lines, i got the third time (2:46.676).

So yeah, i believe they do affect stats, i've noticed there's different types of aerodynamic parts:

- speed (increases your max speed per shift, on Akina Lake you mostly notice it in 5th or 6th gear)
- accel (faster acceleration)
- grip (easier to turn and drift, basically, the car is more stable)
- balanced

Some parts affects stats differently, some of them are just better in everything (max speed, grip, accel), while others might only be better in specific situations (awful grip compared to another part, but better accel for example).

Also, i'd like to add that i tested all that with the wheel, since it's way easier to do the same lines compared to controller (atleast for me).

This post has been edited by xDrHellx on Jun 22 2016, 03:32 AM
Rubr
  Posted: Jun 21 2016, 09:40 AM

Shmuck

Pretty interesting stuff there. Would explain why my FC would perform less when I reverted it to its stock look, compared to when I had the RE kit on. Wish there'd be some kind of pointer to tell us what part changes what. Or, maybe there is, but I wouldn't know, since I can't read Japanese. I knew I should have been born in Japan instead of Quebec! laugh2.gif
Really, though, I'll definitely give that a try once I'm used to manual, and finding my line on Akagi/Lake Akina.
divinity Jy
Posted: Jul 1 2016, 03:21 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 23,501

Aeroparts don't matter.

Use manual.

Both the FD and FC are pretty good cars.
xDrHellx
Posted: Jul 1 2016, 06:24 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (divinity Jy @ 3 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Aeroparts don't matter.

I'd like to ask then, how do you explain the time differences i got ?
Also, the faster acceleration and all these changes that happens when trying other aerodynamic parts ?

I don't believe these are pure coincidences, there's no way it can just be that.

PS: I'm not mad about being wrong or anything, i'm just curious, because i'm the only one that has proof of what i'm saying, litterally everyone that's been saying that aerodynamic parts doesn't affect your car stats never explained anything. And i find that funny, because people say IDES is based on AS 4 also, but at the same time they say it has differences, yet NO ONE explained what these were.

This post has been edited by xDrHellx on Jul 1 2016, 06:34 AM
Takumi Fujiwara 1
Posted: Aug 10 2016, 05:52 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,889

I can't use a wheel but I hear the game is much better with one since its an Arcade Stage port, it takes a bit but you can get used to the controller, I didn't know that Aero parts change the handling so I learned that I went from driving a 180 last year to an 85 just to see what it could do and mine is almost maxxed out I'd love to race it online sometime its quite good! [EDIT] My 85 is maxxed out now, I'm totally ready for any challenge xD

This post has been edited by Takumi Fujiwara 1 on Aug 13 2016, 11:18 AM
divinity Jy
Posted: Aug 16 2016, 03:56 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 23,501

QUOTE (xDrHellx @ Jul 1 2016, 06:24 AM)
I'd like to ask then, how do you explain the time differences i got ?
Also, the faster acceleration and all these changes that happens when trying other aerodynamic parts ?

I don't believe these are pure coincidences, there's no way it can just be that.

PS: I'm not mad about being wrong or anything, i'm just curious, because i'm the only one that has proof of what i'm saying, litterally everyone that's been saying that aerodynamic parts doesn't affect your car stats never explained anything. And i find that funny, because people say IDES is based on AS 4 also, but at the same time they say it has differences, yet NO ONE explained what these were.

Confirmation bias. If parts mattered there would've been a "best parts tier" for each car ages ago.
xDrHellx
Posted: Aug 17 2016, 03:44 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (divinity Jy @ Yesterday, 3:56 PM)
Confirmation bias. If parts mattered there would've been a "best parts tier" for each car ages ago.

Yeah i have to admit that makes sense.

I kinda still believed some parts were better though, i mean, i did get different times everytime i've changed one...

Also to me it could have been a thing considering some other stuff (like more info about the physics etc) isn't anywhere afaik, wich is weird since the game has been out for ages now.

I guess i was wrong then, maybe all that was just pure coincidence all along.
Still, i believe parts do affect stats, like, compared to having the "stock" ones.

This post has been edited by xDrHellx on Aug 17 2016, 03:45 AM