Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Mayo And Sayuki - Wings Of Fire

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,145  ·  Replies: 1 
> Tokyopop Drama, It's starting to get ridiculous.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 22 2011, 08:14 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

So everyone here knows how Tokyopop closed down its manga publishing business back in May 2011 to move on to 'bigger better things.' That 'bigger and better thing' was America's Greatest Otaku which was a total flop if you ask me, so now apperently they are moving towards publishing a new newsletter about 'all things otaku and Asian-culture' which sounds really stupid if you ask me.

Stu Levy also hinted about printing the next Hetalia volume if there was enough support, but I have no idea what's going on anymore. I don't have all the facts so I'm asking, what do you think about this? I know this is really old news but I feel as though we need to discuss it.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 01:38 AM

whut?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,453

For people in the dark about this America's Greatest Otaku thing:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qBZPVayUI )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib3kCv7TSxU )

facepalm.gif

To be honest I havn't really been keeping up with all this Tokyopop business but what i do know is that they've disappointed a lot of the fanbase with rather poor business choices. One of them being that America's Greatest Otaku crap, while others include drastic localisations (ala Initial D) and magically stopping releases without any forewarning (seriously like series get released and halfway through nothing, they just sit in limbo, way to treat your customers ermm2.gif).

This is a rather nice thread to read if you're ever interested:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107572