Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing GTS feat. mink - Everlasting Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,608  ·  Replies: 12 
> Nagao course guide?, needing some help here
TougeSpirit
  Posted: Apr 18 2010, 09:21 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,759

Anyways, right now, my friend and I are using stock cars on Nagao dh dry. The best he achieved was a high 3'26. My best is a mid 3'27. Our first sector is a 55.xx, but the difference is his second sector is also a 55 but mine is a 57. I pick up some of the difference in third sector but he's still faster. I'm using a FDrs6 whereas he's using an eg6 ohmy.gif I've been watching videos, so I now don't use 5th gear the first sweeping corners (brake and downshift to 3rd appropriately), but I have no idea how to take the gutters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXvAlBLzCY

or even more pro, does that tapping sound mean an intentional tap to the wall or guardrail???!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8TH_8LmiD0

can anyone make a guide for me? Besides, what's the limit for a stock car on Nagao dh dry
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 09:38 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

the limit? Well, subtract the course car boost and FT boost in time from the fastest run out there, and you have the theoretical limit.

I unno, but isnt nagao just akagi with a huge yawning maw on its insides? Try playing it like you play akagi; as far as i can see, the speeds are pretty similar.
TougeSpirit
  Posted: Apr 18 2010, 10:01 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 23 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
the limit? Well, subtract the course car boost and FT boost in time from the fastest run out there, and you have the theoretical limit.

I unno, but isnt nagao just akagi with a huge yawning maw on its insides? Try playing it like you play akagi; as far as i can see, the speeds are pretty similar.

I have no problem with Akagi, Nagao is considerately more technical. I guess the question is how to use the gutters and how to maximize boost for cp3, cp4 (still last few corners, have no acceleration and cannot just use 5th gear all the way through, have to downshift to 4th and then accel is really slow)
xyeohts
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 04:48 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

well i am using an EG6 here.. so far tuning is 3-3-3-3-3 did a 3'23"... not that good but it is fun..

EG6 is one of the worst car to use.. but it is a nice feeling when u can kiss up at the end to the race leader... biggrin.gif
TougeSpirit
  Posted: Apr 20 2010, 03:31 PM

IDW God Member

Back again, didn't really change all that much, just started braking a little earlier. Just ran a 3'26.303 stock car ohmy.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 11:09 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

If you really want to fully utilize the gutters, hit 100+ rpm and drop in it. Your car won't drop fully. I saw some of the pros doing this, but i have no idea why. Maybe it can increase your time.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 10:45 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

So, its the RPM that determines whether one falls into the gutter?

I love playing Nagao DH its fun, even though my times are super slow relatively compared to the best players out there. Like 3'35 or 3'40 a week ago. Have not learned gutters yet but one step at a time I guess.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 04:13 PM

The Blue Lightning

i don't like to use the gutters too, one mistake and boom! fall... crying2.gif
Rei.G
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 03:19 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

actually all gutters can be used, regardless of speed, if u shift your car's weight properly via drift, UH or DH.
It is a very high level technique. otherwise, dont go below 80 and u will not fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGspfRW3Owc

This post has been edited by Rei.G on Sep 9 2010, 03:20 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 03:50 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (Rei.G @ 30 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
actually all gutters can be used, regardless of speed, if u shift your car's weight properly via drift, UH or DH.
It is a very high level technique. otherwise, dont go below 80 and u will not fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGspfRW3Owc

ohmy.gif i think i'll never know that until someone said that...thanks grin2.gif

how to shift the car's weight?
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 04:49 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 59 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
ohmy.gif i think i'll never know that until someone said that...thanks grin2.gif

how to shift the car's weight?

Play with the brake and gas.

When you brake you shift the weight forward on the front tires. When you gas, you put the weight on the back. This is what Takumi did to navigate the gutters. He didn't brake; or else he would have made his front tire fall in.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 07:45 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Play with the brake and gas.

When you brake you shift the weight forward on the front tires. When you gas, you put the weight on the back. This is what Takumi did to navigate the gutters. He didn't brake; or else he would have made his front tire fall in.

oh...... i might as well try this technique next time i go to play
D33DO_R32
Posted: Sep 20 2010, 05:56 AM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

okay, 3'35"xxx in nagao UH with my R32...damn sucks sad.gif