Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Silent White

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,993  ·  Replies: 29 
> Saw something creepy in ID4 today..., Disturbing, even...
pol_southside
Posted: Dec 15 2008, 09:24 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,912

QUOTE (icedagger @ Yesterday at 7:51 PM)
Boost is there to even the playing field to make it easier to pass. I do understand where you're coming from though. I've been beaten in a battle by somebody who couldn't run within 10 seconds of my time because of boost.

But still, I don't think boost on is "unfair". It just requires different tactics compared to going boost off.

yeah... that's why the arcade says "to keep the two cars close"

but then many people doesn't follow this and use the boost in a different way
ENOLA
Posted: Dec 26 2008, 01:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,423

creepy.. a broken cab.. that makes the steering wheel go wild.. the steering wheel turns on itself.. wtf!
TougeSpirit
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 10:43 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

QUOTE (icedagger @ Dec 14 2008, 07:51 PM)
Well, the thing is, even if you have equal skill, passing is next to impossible if your opponent takes the lead and runs a safe line. Even if you get faster exits than he does, he can always block you all the way to the end of the race. If you try to pass he can always ram you into the wall, causing you to lose speed and fall behind.

Boost is there to even the playing field to make it easier to pass. I do understand where you're coming from though. I've been beaten in a battle by somebody who couldn't run within 10 seconds of my time because of boost.

But still, I don't think boost on is "unfair". It just requires different tactics compared to going boost off.

I raced iro with boost on (for the first time) against a friend of mine with an identically tuned trueno. He messed up and fell 100+ m behind. Because of boost he closed the gap and passed me on the last 1 m of the course, literally. Yeah, the super short straightaway section after the bridge... Friggin messed up, I was pissed
JuenYang
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 11:29 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,918

QUOTE (TougeSpirit @ Jan 17 2009, 10:43 AM)
I raced iro with boost on (for the first time) against a friend of mine with an identically tuned trueno. He messed up and fell 100+ m behind. Because of boost he closed the gap and passed me on the last 1 m of the course, literally. Yeah, the super short straightaway section after the bridge... Friggin messed up, I was pissed

Sounds exactly the same as my story. except it was a +70 lead and i was using a stock evo 4 against a stranger with a 70% winrate tuned car. anyways he ended up passing me at the last second and i lost by -0.4m... that was a sad day LOL
shaojie
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:33 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,432

i seriously question the purpose of playing the game when your intention is to cheat for the aura... dry.gif

2 Pages  1 2