Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

Views: 3,550  ·  Replies: 14 
> Forum guidelines and language clarification
orion
  Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:21 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,689

Ok so i have an issue with the forum guidelines and its vagueness toward the use of, lets call it, strong language. In the guidelines it states this;
Post a viewer discretion warning if you are posting something that some people might find offensive. (i.e. - adult language, graphic situations ... etc.) This rule also applies to what appears on your user profile, including avatars, signatures.

now the way its worded i find a bit confusing. looking at the term 'adult language' what does that actually mean? i am an adult so therefore i use adult language. does that mean i have to post a viewer discretion warning everytime i post? regardless of what i actually say or if i use strong language? words that i use in my everyday vocabulary include words ranging from 'the' to the occaisional 'shit' 'f**k' 'c*nt'. Now i personally dont find these word particullarly offensive if they are not directed toward any one personally. this brings up the issue of whether you post something that others find offensive, how am i supposed to know what others find offensive? does everyone have to take a questionaire to tell the board so i know what language i can and cant use?

I bring this issue up because i think it was steve in the oil change thread that was reported for using strong language in one of his posts and he got a warning for it. I would like this clarified and the guidelines updated. I really like using words like f**k whenever i want to and i dont really want to have to warn people because of the way i converse, but if the admin doesn't want strong language then so be it.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:25 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It was a joke and has been addressed. The forum's filters keep out the ugliest words.

Remember, there are no bad words, only bad intentions. Use your words wisely and nobody will think otherwise of you.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
orion
  Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:31 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,689

bloody hell i didn't realise there was an actually filter. shit not considered bad enough?
Tessou
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:33 PM

Group Icon

Nope, but f**k is filtered. See?
Shirogane
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:59 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (orion @ 28 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
bloody hell i didn't realise there was an actually filter. shit not considered bad enough?

Some of us have been on IDWF for quite some time, and truth be told that the occasional F-bomb, by now, is just lulz to most of us.

Hell, I've seen a forum (It's for flowerhorn nuts) to even allow the word f**k to be uncensored, even though there were some kids around.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:01 PM

Group Icon

Some forums I've seen have a filter option in the user options, so the filtering is available to those that want it. I personally don't care either way as I usually censor myself from the bigger bombs.
Perry
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:05 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

It wasn't Steve. It was Moby that used the word "sh*t." It was reported by someone who I will not name. I reviewed the report and closed it. sideways made a joke out of it by issuing a verbal warning but he also let Moby know that he's joking with it. Moby did not take the joke too well.

I, on behalf of sideways, apologize for his actions. He is only a human and sometimes they tend to do spontaneous things. They are not robots that I programmed. Rest assured, the responsible party will be disciplined through Moderator Warning system.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:07 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Perry @ 2 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
It wasn't Steve. It was Moby that used the word "sh*t." It was reported by someone who I will not name. I reviewed the report and closed it. sideways made a joke out of it by issuing a verbal warning but he also let Moby know that he's joking with it. Moby did not take the joke too well.

I, on behalf of sideways, apologize for his actions. He is only a human and sometimes they tend to do spontaneous things. They are not robots that I programmed. Rest assured, the responsible party will be disciplined through Moderator Warning system.

I am the only one you programmed... tongue.gif
Möbius
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 01:28 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
It was a joke and has been addressed.

No it has not been addressed.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rudy
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 07:00 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 08:57 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Midnight Drifter @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
Speaking of filters, I wonder if Tak Hawk Zack Maya Simone Touch Dice and whoever else got Americanized names are still filtered/"clarified".

You couldn't use 'preview post' instead of reviving a thread from September? laugh.gif
Möbius
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 09:56 AM

IDW Top Poster

Said filter are gone, IIRC.

Testing Hawk.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 05:26 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 05:35 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Blasphemy!

Sometimes i get lazy and just type out Takumi, Keisuke, Itsuki or Ryousuke and let the forums auto correct it back to their true names to Tak, KT, Iggy and RY instead. Deeply disappointed that this feature has been removed and will like to see it implemented again.

But yea i remember those word filter days lol tongue.gif
Möbius
Posted: Nov 10 2010, 08:58 PM

IDW Top Poster

The Hawk filter was fun due to Hawk brake pads... laugh.gif