Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Back on the Rocks

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,042  ·  Replies: 24 
> Initial D creator, Shuuichi Shigeno, interviewed, He mentions what an "Initial D 2" would be about...
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 6 2016, 12:57 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Just saw this news and figured it'd be of interest to share it here.

Manga creator Shuuichi Shigeno said in an interview on Friday that if he makes a sequel to his Initial D manga, he would like it to be about rally racing as opposed to highway racing.

"When Initial D was starting, I considered highway racing and rally racing," Shigeno said. "From here on I'd like to continue drawing manga, and if I do an Initial D 2, I'd like to make it about rally racing."

Since ending his Initial D manga in July 2013, Shigeno drew the two-volume manga Amazing Hana (Takane no Hana). He is currently drawing Sailor Ace, a manga series about girls' baseball, in Kodansha's Young Magazine.

Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 3 -Mugen- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 3: Half Awake, Half Asleep), the third and final new anime film adaptation of Shigeno's manga, opened in theaters in Japan on Saturday. The first film in the new trilogy, Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 1 -Kakusei- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 1: Awakening), opened in Japan in August 2014. The second film, Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 2 -Tōsō- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 2: Racer), opened on May 23.

Initial D Creator: If I Do a Sequel, It Will Be About Rally Racing
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 01:00 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

I don't know if it would work. And if he did confirm it, he would never finish it.

He should just work on Wangan Midnight instead. shifty2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 02:18 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'm not holding my breath on Shigeno actually coming back to the well and continuing Initial D. Especially after the last few years really dragged on with the uninspired writing.

Really, this reads like an offhand comment. I don't think there's an ounce of commitment to anything.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 6 2016, 04:28 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)
I'm not holding my breath on Shigeno actually coming back to the well and continuing Initial D. Especially after the last few years really dragged on with the uninspired writing.

Really, this reads like an offhand comment. I don't think there's an ounce of commitment to anything.

You never know, if his current work and subsequent works continue to be less than stellar and financially unsuccessful he could always go back to milk the cow some more by doing a sequel to Initial D.
Tessou
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 06:30 PM

Group Icon

At the same time, "financially unsuccessful" depends on the scale. He's been comfortable putting out niche titles that appeal to a smaller and smaller reader base as he goes on. So if he puts out a product that's meant for a small audience and pays him commensurate with that size, he's financially successful. Princess Nine, Shigeno Style isn't a terrible series, it's just narrowly focused and will get decent reviews from people who are located within the sights of the product. Everybody else will say "why isn't he drawing cars anymore?". When Toriyama moved away from Dragonball, people spent years begging him for more. It took him nearly 30 years to bow to demand, and the quality of the product is not what everybody expected. Sometimes an artist's best material has already come and gone. Look at Kevin Smith. He peaked in 1999 and never saw the same reviews ever again, he acknowledges that his edge has faded, but he still pushes out content that reviewers despise. Think about the anguish an artist must go through to meet expectations when the fire burned out over a decade ago.

When Shigeno creates a broad genre piece like Initial D where the writing cannot possibly be in top form 100% of the way, he's bound to lose money over time. That's what happens with long running series'. People lose interest, cash flow deteriorates to a slow drip, and you move on to other ventures.
xiao
Posted: Feb 6 2016, 06:32 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Ditto on what Tess said. He's got enough cash to not give a ferk about Initial D anymore. I think the legend of Takumi should be given to someone else; let another up & coming artist that knows how to draw cars/tell mechanically techy stories handle the wheel~ happy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 12:38 AM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao @ 6 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Ditto on what Tess said. He's got enough cash to not give a ferk about Initial D anymore. I think the legend of Takumi should be given to someone else; let another up & coming artist that knows how to draw cars/tell mechanically techy stories handle the wheel~ happy.gif

Also find an artist that draws characters better than Shigeno.
xiao
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 12:54 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 15 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Also find an artist that draws characters better than Shigeno.

Pretty much any grade schooler~

SPOILER
Tessou
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 01:07 AM

Group Icon

There's enough doujin out there to prove that there are capable imitators that could churn out a decent sequel if necessary.
xiao
  Posted: Feb 7 2016, 03:47 AM

moon bunny

Also... why hasn't Densha de D been animated yet?

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3tqsv78vY )

...for god's sake delete my love!! awesome.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 7 2016, 04:21 AM
Falbere
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 03:55 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Let me do it.

Volume 1: Mika a trap!
Volume 2: The ultimate WRC gutterrun!
Volume 3: The fear of 4WD, ultimate (final) edition! (No, Takumi won't overcome this)
Volume 4: The story of the french guy that wins EVERY SINGLE FUCKING YEAR

This post has been edited by Falbere on Feb 7 2016, 03:57 AM
xiao
Posted: Feb 7 2016, 04:05 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Falbere @ 7 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Let me do it.

Volume 1: Mika a trap!
Volume 2: The ultimate WRC gutterrun!
Volume 3: The fear of 4WD, ultimate (final) edition! (No, Takumi won't overcome this)
Volume 4: The story of the french guy that wins EVERY SINGLE FUCKING YEAR

user posted image

Don't forget Tacoomi riding a dolphin in the Mediterranean Sea!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Forgot snake deal eat mile of!!
r35gtr
Posted: Feb 14 2016, 10:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

dang. if the intial d would be in a rally set up, even if its takumi driving, there is no way the tofu would arrive on the hotel undamaged laugh2.gif
sushiyummy32
Posted: Feb 15 2016, 01:12 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 2 hours, 12 minutes ago)
dang. if the intial d would be in a rally set up, even if its takumi driving, there is no way the tofu would arrive on the hotel undamaged laugh2.gif

bunta will has his magical suspension settings.
xiao
Posted: Feb 15 2016, 08:30 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (r35gtr @ Yesterday, 11:59 PM)
dang. if the intial d would be in a rally set up, even if its takumi driving, there is no way the tofu would arrive on the hotel undamaged  laugh2.gif

Rally drivers a god-tier legends whose sole ability can make a Subaru 360 faster than a Z06 Corvette. A block of azn-cheese WILL arrive undamaged even pingpong'ing off a Pike's Peak or smashing through a wall of Hokkaido ice-bricks~ cool.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 12:17 AM

Group Icon

You guys should read the circlejerk on the Initial D subreddit about this "news". It's astounding how incredibly stupid some of the fans are, interpreting Shigeno's comment as gospel that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be a new Initial D series.

Same people that casually shove the recent movie trilogy under the rug as "unworthy", deride Fifth and Final Stages as horrendous (which is actually correct), yet still demand more content from a guy that clearly lost the spark HALF A FUCKING DECADE AGO.
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 01:05 AM

matter intangible

who even goes on a Subreddit of a dead anime?
Tessou
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 01:17 AM

Group Icon

About 1,700 people. I'm just as surprised as you.
xiao
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 01:57 AM

moon bunny

YouTube's even worse... over 10,000 email death~threats over a comment whose sole words are 86-239 for a movie that's obviously not gonna have an FR-S for more than 3 minutes tops~ :frog:

...didn't we have a little :frog: emoticon with it's mouth open in a surprised manner? unsure.gif??
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 01:15 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 1:17 AM)
About 1,700 people. I'm just as surprised as you.

That subreddit either has kids that don't even know what Initial D is or something even worse.
GoP-Demon
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 02:43 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

This one? With like 3 comments?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/initiald/comments/...uel_it_will_be/

This post has been edited by GoP-Demon on Feb 16 2016, 02:44 PM
Tessou
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 05:14 PM

Group Icon

That's the same place you guys copy IDW links without giving due credit.
r35gtr
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 07:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

there are some fans like me who would like to learn stuff about initial d no matter how boring or how old the stuff is.

So this is a big news for me. will the anime be ever released? I do not think so I mean initial d fan base is not as big as it used to be
Wanadrift
Posted: Feb 17 2016, 03:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,761

I would very much like to see someone become of Wangan Midnight.. either that or a translation of C Runner and an Anime even if it's a short one.
id0ru
Posted: Jul 15 2016, 10:13 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 1,357

First comment in nearly ten years for me lol.
To be honest I think Initial D would benefit to going back to the actual characters in the series. It went so far down the racing rabbit hole that it ended up feeling a bit soulless. Why not have him go to Tokyo, see Natsuki, local racing scene etc. The occasional bit of story development would help the whole series. Almost all action manga intersperse their battle scenes or sports games etc with story and initial D lost that so long ago. My favourite series looking it as a whole is still the first one.