Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Mikado

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,379  ·  Replies: 29 
> Can Keisuke defeat Kyouichi?, Can Keisuke defeat Kyouichi?
Kelvin
  Posted: Mar 19 2013, 11:52 PM

!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,344

Two Keisuke.

Pre-Project D Keisuke and Project D Keisuke.

Let's say downhill at Akagi and Irohazaka. What are your predictions?
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 05:03 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

Interesting, let's see..........

Akagi
Pre-Project.D Keisuke - Hard to tell since Keisuke has the home course advantage while Kyoichi is very professional.

Project.D Keisuke - PAWNAGE!!! MORE THAN PAWNAGE EVEN!!! PWNZ0RD!

Irohazaka
Pre-Project.D Keisuke - Kyoichi. Juz cuz it's Pre-Project.D Keisuke we're talking about.

Project.D Keisuke - If they start off on the same line, the one that took the lead would most probably win. If Keisuke leads, he'll have to block Kyoichi's last bridge attack. If Keisuke is chasing, he'll have to find an opening after all those hairpins.
Seri
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 06:33 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

But wouldn't Kyoichi know about the "line" on Irohazaka? And wouldn't Akagi be an uphill?

Edit: Well, I suppose Keisuke could downhill Akagi. Silly me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by KyoukoFD3S on Mar 20 2013, 06:34 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 06:50 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ 17 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
And wouldn't Akagi be an uphill?

Edit: Well, I suppose Keisuke could downhill Akagi. Silly me.

Akagi can be Downhill.

And i think Project D Keisuke will win all of the races, pre-Project D: idk. He was not better than Takumi at that time. And he barely won from Seiji.
You remember Sudo vs Ryousuke, Ryousuke had a hard time, and then: Keisuke wasn't better than Ryousuke. dry.gif

And that brings me an idea: Why nobody has used a counterattack in Project D???

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Mar 20 2013, 07:00 AM
180sx
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:02 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,529

This kind of depends on WHEN pre-D. If it's just before D, then Keiske may have a chance. More than likely not. Doesn't matter the course.

And Kesike would win if you say, post Toudu school.

Jose
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 05:08 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ Yesterday, 10:33 PM)
But wouldn't Kyoichi know about the "line" on Irohazaka?

Ah, the famous Invisible Line of Irohazaka. Kyoichi knows about it, of course. But does he have the guts to JUMP?! Don't forget he drives an Evo III, is it capable of doing jumps and not damage the car?

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Mar 21 2013, 05:12 AM
Seri
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 05:34 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I wonder how that'd work out if he did, considering the misfire and all.

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 08:49 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 3 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Ah, the famous Invisible Line of Irohazaka. Kyoichi knows about it, of course. But does he have the guts to JUMP?! Don't forget he drives an Evo III, is it capable of doing jumps and not damage the car?

Kyoichi uses racing techniques: His pride doesn't allow him to do that stuff.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 05:23 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (Vortrex @ Today, 12:49 AM)
Kyoichi uses racing techniques: His pride doesn't allow him to do that stuff.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 07:55 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Yesterday, 9:08 AM)

The Evo III is a rally car, it's much more capable of doing those jumps compared to the 86 or MR2.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Mar 22 2013, 07:55 AM
HyperSonic
Posted: Mar 31 2013, 04:58 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

Pre project D Keisuke would have a hard time beating Sudo, especially in Iro.
Project D Keisuke would have a chance if it is uphill, it doesn't matter what's the course as long as it is uphill.
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: Mar 31 2013, 06:19 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

Before project D Keisuke would have a hard time and most likely lose. Project D. ver. he would defeat him without too much trouble. ermm2.gif
Heero Maxwell
Posted: Mar 31 2013, 07:14 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 2,549

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Mar 22 2013, 07:55 AM)
The Evo III is a rally car, it's much more capable of doing those jumps compared to the 86 or MR2.

Not so true. It's nature is from tha rally, but rally susp is 100% rally and not street/stock. It's shock absorbers are in a hole new context and price.

Evo and subarus are known for the handling they have, and to be able to drive over tarmac, gravel and snow, but not for jumps from stock.

In Irohazaka, the jumps are not that huge as rally ones, but they may cause some damage to the car, ever more if the car has been lowered to it's limits like the S2000 who can't ever go over the shoulder of the corner.
htt36
Posted: Apr 9 2013, 10:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,623

I'd say Sudo would win at both Akagi and Irohazaka pre-Project D.

Like Vortrex said, Ryosuke barely beat Sudo on Akagi and it wasn't until the very last high speed corner. Given Sudo's skill at that time, I'm sure he could beat Keisuke on Akagi. Remember, Ryosuke probably still had the car tuned to when he raced Takumi at the end of stage 1 (lowered his HP). When Ryosuke took the FC out for a test drive, Keisuke couldn't even keep up.

Even during Project D, i'm not sure Keisuke could beat Sudo on Irohazaka. Sudo was considered a professional. Moreover, a twin turbo wouldn't come close to the misfiring for the tight and slow corners on the slopes. Sudo's counter-attack relies on his understanding of adjusting from slow speed section to high speed section--something he insists only "one" person was able to do, Ryosuke (Takumi was able to do it too). Depending on what part of Project D we're talking about, i don't think Keisuke is on Ryosuke's and Takumi's level of instincts yet.

On Akagi, if we're talking about after the battle with Kyoko and Ryosuke telling him to train his "human timer" instincts, then Keisuke would be really competitive and most likely win.

This post has been edited by htt36 on Apr 9 2013, 10:51 PM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 10 2013, 05:53 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (htt36 @ 7 hours, 9 minutes ago)
Ryosuke barely beat Sudo on Akagi and it wasn't until the very last high speed corner.

Oh come on! He was holding back! (Sorry if I sounded a lil' too worked up, a huge fan of his tongue.gif )
htt36
Posted: Apr 11 2013, 08:42 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,623

i doubt it takahashi. if you rewatch the race you can recall ryosuke say he had only "one shot" to win and he had to make it precise. also, when takumi calls ryosuke in stage 3 to ask where sudo’s home course was, ryosuke told takumi that sudo will be very hard to beat, especially on his home course.

Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 12 2013, 08:35 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (htt36 @ Yesterday, 12:42 PM)
i doubt it takahashi. if you rewatch the race you can recall ryosuke say he had only "one shot" to win and he had to make it precise. also, when takumi calls ryosuke in stage 3 to ask where sudo’s home course was, ryosuke told takumi that sudo will be very hard to beat, especially on his home course.

blink.gif Hmmm, is that so? Guess I'll have to rewatch Second and Third Stage. If only I have the time, damn...
Silverwolf
Posted: Jun 23 2013, 11:01 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,716

Pre project D Keisuke has no chance against sudo at Iro, the biggest problem being hus engine. His sequential twin turbos would be useless, he would lose ground at every corner exit. And as far as jumping is concerned after losing to Ryosuke and tieing with Takumi he would definitely put hus pride aside to halt any further black marks on his racing record.

Now project d Keisuke is possibly a different story but the same disadvantages remain. Now on Akagi he would utterly destroy Sudo uphill/downhill or both together.

hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 11:41 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,875

Keisuke pre-D in Irohazaka, no chance ... but in akagi, I think he would win, if it was uphill. Although the misfiring system of Kyochi, give him an advantage in corners unless kyochi come out in front, (which I believe would not happen, because he likes to study the opponent from behind), do not think Keisuke be easily overcome, because in uphill, what counts most is the skill of the pilot and the horse power. At this point, Keisuke's FD is better than Ryosuke's FC and remember that, Keisuke, even without using logic or thinking, could keep the same pace of Ryosuke, so I believe Kyochi lose.

Keisuke Project D - Kyochi not have a chance ... Irohazaka or Akagi. Ryosuke even says that in Akagi, he can barely follow Keisuke and even when he was in his glory days, he was not like Keisuke is now.

Ryosuke won Kyochi twice, then I think the victory would come in downhill or uphill. Keisuke did the same training that Ryousuke, he's a monster now, hehe.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 02:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

The problem here is that pre-Project.D Keisuke had a different car. It wasn't nearly as refined as it became when he joined Project.D and before you comment, no, I'm not referring to the RE-Amemiya race car. I mean his original FD. Kyoichi's EVO III was plenty refined and he knew exactly what he was doing. He was a race driver and had a pretty darn cool head. It was actually his race driver nature that Ryousuke took advantage of.

Interesting, then, that race drivers later in the series never seemed to have his same shortcoming...

So I'd put it a lot more simply than others here would. Pre-Project.D, Kyoichi would win. Post-Project.D, Keisuke would win.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 05:11 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Hard to say. I still think Kyoichi has a shot at beating Project D Keisuke. He's not going to be a push over, I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes. Same thing goes for all of Takumi's and Keisuke's past opponents. It's not like they quit racing for good after they lost to them(except Tohru). I'm sure they've all been practicing and improving as well, even though the anime or manga never shows it. Kyoichi is still a top tier Initial D character in my books.
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 11:01 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 19 minutes ago)
The problem here is that pre-Project.D Keisuke had a different car. It wasn't nearly as refined as it became when he joined Project.D and before you comment, no, I'm not referring to the RE-Amemiya race car. I mean his original FD. Kyoichi's EVO III was plenty refined and he knew exactly what he was doing. He was a race driver and had a pretty darn cool head. It was actually his race driver nature that Ryousuke took advantage of.

I think that, even Keisuke Pre-D would win in Akagi. Kyochi plays mind games, but Keisuke, can not play that way, however, Keisuke answers first with his body, as well as Fujiwara. I think that Keisuke would not fall in the Kyochi provocations even he being a hot-heated.

As for the car Keisuke be different, remember that keisuke won the Emperor Seiji's Evo , who was also prepared, with the same FD in Akagi Uphill.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 02:16 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (hashiriyatakahashiryosuke @ 3 hours, 14 minutes ago)
I think that, even Keisuke Pre-D would win in Akagi. Kyochi plays mind games, but Keisuke, can not play that way, however, Keisuke answers first with his body, as well as Fujiwara. I think that Keisuke would not fall in the Kyochi provocations even he being a hot-heated.

As for the car Keisuke be different, remember that keisuke won the Emperor Seiji's Evo , who was also prepared, with the same FD in Akagi Uphill.

You're assuming Kyoichi would hold back against a Takahashi. We've already seen that he wouldn't do that. He might underestimate someone like Takumi on his home course of Irohazaka, but there's no way he would be wasting time playing mind games against a Takahashi on Akagi. He'd go straight for his best from the start.

As for your implication about beating Seiji, you're assuming that Seiji's car and skills are somehow on the same level as Kyoichi, neither of which is true.
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 12:28 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 2:16 AM)
You're assuming Kyoichi would hold back against a Takahashi. We've already seen that he wouldn't do that. He might underestimate someone like Takumi on his home course of Irohazaka, but there's no way he would be wasting time playing mind games against a Takahashi on Akagi. He'd go straight for his best from the start.

Kyochi wouldn't hold back against Keisuke, but could not pass it easy, mainly because Akagi has several high speed corners and being uphill, Keisuke take a good lead early, and your problem would be the last section, where the curves are low speed and misfiring system would bring a hard time for the lag Keisuke's FD. but the fighting spirit of Keisuke could keep him in front, then we can consider it 50-50, Chance of victory at least. Assuming, Ryosuke advise his brother on the weaknesses of Kyochi, I bet Keisuke would win.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 2:16 AM)
As for your implication about beating Seiji, you're assuming that Seiji's car and skills are somehow on the same level as Kyoichi, neither of which is true.

well, I've been reading the manga again, then what I said about Seiji, I based on what was said of him in the race against Fujiwara on Akina. however, recognize that Kyochi is on another level. Moreover, the emperor team wanted to beat all teams in Kanto, I believe that someone like Kyochi, would not take a person without good skills, to be their second driver. Kyochi cherishes the chance to win 100%, he would not allow anyone on your team. Therefore, I believe that Seiji's Evo, was well prepared too.

Do not forget, Kyochi prepared his evo, only to win against Ryosuke. That car, as well as their training was aimed from the start to win Ryosuke. I believe that would be the same effect, as Ryousuke made ​​when ordered Ae86 to meet the Todo Juku's pro driver, while everyone was waiting for the FD ... ie, Keisuke is Ryosuke different in many ways, he risks more, he does not care for his own safety.

Nakazato told him he would not live long, riding the way he runs.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 12:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (hashiriyatakahashiryosuke @ 12 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
I believe that someone like Kyochi, would not take a person without good skills, to be their second driver. Kyochi cherishes the chance to win 100%, he would not allow anyone on your team. Therefore, I believe that Seiji's Evo, was well prepared too.

I went ahead and left out all the stuff I didn't feel like arguing with and left in the part that was worth debating.

I dunno, the Emperors seem to be kinda scrubby guys who win because they have a good leader (strategist) and decent cars. Their cars are good, but none of them are nearly as prepared as Kyoichi's EVO III. Their drivers aren't really bad, but there's no way any of them are on Kyoichi's level. Besides, there are plenty of other teams who have second-place racers who aren't on the same level as their leader. The Night Kids, for example? The Speed Stars? If you want to get kinda technical you could say that Todo was the same way--neither of the students it put up against Project.D were on Tomoyuki's level.

It appears to be more rare to have double aces than it is to have a straight-up tier system in Initial D's race teams. I'm sorry, but I just cannot accept Seiji being on Kyoichi's level. It just isn't so.

2 Pages  1 2