Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - R200CLUB Theme

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 14,135  ·  Replies: 58 
> Show Your Internet Speed, ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
xiao
    Posted: Oct 29 2016, 07:36 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

★ Before the mods move/merge this topic, let me explain the purpose of my intentions. We have a sizable user-base that never EVER posts outside the Music Section of these forums (or even cares to look outside this congestion for that matter). Without being verbose -- The purpose of this thread is to gather data on the financial status of every person that frequents the Music Section. Since we have an international clientele that visits these forums.

★ Here's the instructions of this topic: Post your internet speed. That's it, period.

★ Keep it civil ~ actually limit the discussion to zilch and just post your internet speed. If you wanna flame someone for whatever dumb reason you like pls use another thread to discuss idiocies like piracy - anti-piracy - and love or hate of music genres artists & songs. (I bet this thread's gonna get zero posts haha!)

tl;dr -- Post your internet speed. YOU the guy/gal who's lurking these boards with a diabolic grin on his/her face... if you want that is. Enjoy! happy.gif

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rain197
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 07:56 PM

euro☆neko

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,553

awesome.gif
Edit, the old one was made 4 years ago. Here's the new one :
user posted image

For real, i'm downloading at 1mb/s, uploading at 125kb/s and have 50ms of ping

I don't see the link between the internet connection and financial statut.
How it work in the USA ?

This post has been edited by Rain197 on Oct 30 2016, 04:42 AM
xiao
  Posted: Oct 29 2016, 09:43 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Rain197 @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
I don't see the link between the internet connection and financial status.

I'm an information technologist; you give me a drop of intelligence on any subject & I'll find some mischievous good use for that data. But believe me ~ I believe any & everything should be recorded for heaven above to see ... much like Mr. Snowden's ideology, who's just a year older than me. Go see that movie shifty2.gif I still haven't. Now, back to internet speeds shall we. awesome.gif
KiraTM
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 01:03 AM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

user posted image

I don't see a link between financial status and Internet speed either. What exactly do you want to find out?
skibblesx
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:07 AM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

mannn i used to have killer internet back in california, but here in Okinawa you get a really shitty speed cap.
Here's mine

user posted image
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:24 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 4 hours, 12 minutes ago)
I don't see a link between financial status and Internet speed either. What exactly do you want to find out?

Someone with a 2016 Ferrari is in a completely different financial status than someone with a 1998 Honda Civic ~ asking for someone's net-worth outright is a little bit impolite, hey that rhymes! awesome.gif

QUOTE (skibblesx @ 8 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
mannn i used to have killer internet back in california, but here in Okinawa you get a really shitty speed cap.

Doesn't Tokyo have like 10 Gigabits per second ~ nugga you got jipped boyyy~!! laugh.gif X3°
skibblesx
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:27 AM

Frog Lord

Member No.: 43,002

go to bed you dork ahaha
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:48 AM

moon bunny

Y'all should really go see that new Snowden film ~ It'll totally geek you out! online2long.gif

QUOTE (skibblesx @ 17 minutes ago)
go to bed you dork ahaha

I can't go to bed when a suber-hot guy that looks like Superboy Clark Kent is covering my screen with looove ahahah! wub.gif ♪ ♫
KiraTM
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:56 AM

NitroFire

QUOTE (xiao @ 32 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
Someone with a 2016 Ferrari is in a completely different financial status than someone with a 1998 Honda Civic ~ asking for someone's net-worth outright is a little bit impolite, hey that rhymes! awesome.gif

Except the speed highly depends on your location. Only one kilometer away, in the town's center, I'd get around 18k without paying more.
In the past, I had 1k download without being poor. But our provider choice was just shit.

I still don't really get the point.

This post has been edited by KiraTM on Oct 30 2016, 05:57 AM
Rain197
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:25 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

In France, you have 2 option : ADSL or Fiber optic
If you're living in a big town which have both, you can choose which one you want.
But if you're living in a village, fiber optic is still unavailable...

I've made some research, my department will be 100% covered in 2030 cool.gif ... happy.gif ... unsure.gif ... pinch2.gif ... crying2.gif

1 year ago, on YouTube, the auto was 360p, now it's 720p derp.gif

I discovered HD this year derp.gif
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:33 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 18 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I still don't really get the point.

There's no ulterior motive to this thread ~ an ISP speed test discloses also more than meets the eye. Anyone's welcome to post their bank account net or work salary if they wish, but that's a bit unsafe, and doesn't provide the same info a speed test does regarding a user in a multi-national forum like IDW. happy.gif

It's just interesting information to me; That's all I can use the data gathered in this thread for... save to solidify some random thoughts.

99% of the users on the Music Section have never posted what their ISP speed is ... to me it's just very interesting what a specific user says his or her internet speed is.

QUOTE (Rain197 @ 6 minutes ago)
I discovered HD this year derp.gif

Wait until you discover 31 FPS Rainx0rz !! awesome.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:39 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

This thread is dumb, but I like showing off so here.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
gensek
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 09:17 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 36,771

user posted image

~12$
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 11:37 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (gensek @ 2 hours, 19 minutes ago)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5757876094.png

~12$

Damn, you ruskies got it good.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
magiblot
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 11:52 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Member No.: 46,334

I really hate my ISP.

user posted image

Contracted speed is 300Mb down / 300Mb up FTTH (Fiber To The Home).
It's around 100€ each month (with landline and 2 mobile lines included, and a forced VoD TV service).

(Long story; there you have all the financial info you asked for, xiao)

SPOILER

Summary: Don't have a doubt about it: Africa begins in the Pyrenees (however, I don't recommend saying that in a geography exam).

There are other ISPs, but we don't feel sure about changing provider. Prices are always high in Spain. As an exception, there are really affordable providers, but they usually have coverage limitations. In spite of my bad feelings about Telefonica, we may consider that it really has advantage in that sense.

This post has been edited by magiblot on Oct 30 2016, 12:01 PM
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 02:34 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 32 minutes ago)
This thread is dumb, but I like showing off so here.

It doesn't count if you're using Will Smith Onii-chan's free-access wifi just cause you live 3 blocks away from him nugga~!!! awesome.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4 )

QUOTE (gensek @ 4 hours, 54 minutes ago)
~12$

It doesn't count if you're the heir to Leningrad's hidden fortune of jewels da~!!! laugh.gif shifty2.gif ~

QUOTE (magiblot @ 2 hours, 20 minutes ago)
(Long story; there you have all the financial info you asked for, xiao)

Magi-gurl we gotta move to Miami & open a 100% EuroTechno club... crying2.gif ~ we'll use the profits to indulge ourselves in Alvaro Soler paparazzi-pictures with no shirt... shifty2.gif

--- --- ---

It's a little funny when the thread-OP totally doesn't adhere to his own rules, and starts posting Will Smith-senpai videos...user posted imagejjyyeaahhhhhー!!

This post has been edited by xiao on Oct 30 2016, 02:42 PM
magiblot
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 04:40 PM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

QUOTE (xiao @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Magi-gurl [...]

Please, xiao! user posted image user posted image
Remember: (from 0:00 to 0:06)
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyMAumtgt8 )

Also, you know artists from my country that I don't. Eurobeat must be keeping me away too much from other music.

SPOILER
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:24 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (magiblot @ 69 minutes ago)
Please, xiao! user posted image user posted image

That's even better better! Me & Zakkuri are looking for a 3rd person to intermingle our oratory raveopolis ~ user posted image

QUOTE (magiblot @ 69 minutes ago)
Also, you know artists from my country that I don't.

Pos si necesita reggaeton dale! user posted image♪ ♫ 'vamo a pegarle como euro~male x3

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=zZjSX01P5dE )
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 07:00 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

user posted image
Advertised: 30mbit down, 10mbit up - 67$CAD
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 09:58 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Advertised: 30mbit down, 10mbit up - 67$CAD

Tho it's still a jipp ~ 50 bucks for 30 Down doesn't seem too bad, it's a bit more than the ratio my city-locked ISP Time Warner gets us here in the middle'o the desert. I was paying 75 USD for ~50 Down a month ... yeah ~ fuq'dat ~ I'm waiting for Google Fiber to take over the world in 3099 AD...

...orz

user posted image ♪ ♫

This post has been edited by xiao on Oct 30 2016, 10:38 PM
KiraTM
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 06:19 AM

NitroFire

QUOTE (magiblot @ Yesterday, 9:52 PM)
I really hate my ISP.
[...]

Seems like Spain is pretty much in the same situation as Germany. Differences here: The German Telekom is holding the de facto monopoly and is not willing to make FTTH possible. They do everything to not lay fiber cables (like forwarding a technique called "Vectoring" which basically shuts down other ISPs but was declared as legal) while they're still the most expensive ISP, though.

However, it's possible in Germany to end the contract if you permanentely have less than half the speed you pay for because they bring too less service for your money. Maybe it's possible in Spain too.
magiblot
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 07:16 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 56 minutes, 22 seconds ago)

Seems like Spain is pretty much in the same situation as Germany. Differences here: The German Telekom is holding the de facto monopoly and is not willing to make FTTH possible. They do everything to not lay fiber cables (like forwarding a technique called "Vectoring" which basically shuts down other ISPs but was declared as legal) while they're still the most expensive ISP, though.

I'm very sorry to discover that there is people in a situation worse than mine. I feel sad that I had not been told your story before.

I say 'worse' because it seems that at least we are going to have wide access to FTTH in my place. I don't think Movistar is upgrading our intallations because of a different reason than the one why DT has the behaviour you explained, though.

Lately, Movistar has been purchasing the copyright rights of multiple sport competitions (football, F1, motoracing...) and taking over payment TV and VoD services (Canal+...), and is offering these contents in their own VoD service (which is forcedly included in all of their offers).

So, their purpose is no other than to continue with the monopoly. However, in my case it seems that the customers will be offered more services.

QUOTE (KiraTM @ 56 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
However, it's possible in Germany to end the contract if you permanentely have less than half the speed you pay for because they bring too less service for your money. Maybe it's possible in Spain too.

I don't know. Luckily, I have never found myself in such situation. As far as I know, it should be possible to quit unless the contract forces continuity (then, you have to pay a redemption).

This post has been edited by magiblot on Oct 31 2016, 07:23 AM
newtypefans
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 08:12 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,933

user posted image

facepalm.gif
K1RZA
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 10:25 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,168

7.5$

user posted image - happy.gif

user posted image - smile.gif

user posted image - facepalm.gif

user posted image - facepalm.gif
xiao
  Posted: Oct 31 2016, 11:11 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (newtypefans @ 2 hours, 00 minutes ago)
234 Mb/s facepalm.gif

...mwuahahahah ...mweuahahahha

China Winsuser posted image

3 Pages  1 2 3