Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Rich Hard - On Your Wings

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,184  ·  Replies: 49 
> Saturday Night /idw/ Anime Club!, I got the day right this time!
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 10 2009, 10:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Greetings, IDW! So I've been tossing this idea around for a long time now, and just recently figured it'd be possible to pull off. So I tossed it around some more, asked some guys in chat, and finally asked Perry for permission.

QUOTE (AIM)
P e r r y AE86: i like it mang, i don't think that'd be a problem at all
P e r r y AE86: there are 20 slots for video server, let's fill it up :-D

And there you have it. So here are the details!

When?
Every Saturday night at 9 PM PST until 1 AM PST, starting this Saturday the 13th!

What?
This will be a weekly Anime viewing night. Every week, I'll show two episodes from two different series. This will continue until a series ends, then a new series will be started.

How?
This'll be broadcast over IDW TV. There's a viewer cap of 20 simultaneous viewers, so be on time! The link to IDW TV will appear on the top of the forums during the show, and is also available in chat prior to the start. I'd give it out now, except that the link is useless until someone's broadcasting.

Which?
This is the fun part. I have a ton of stuff I can show. As such, a mere poll just won't work out. So here's how it'll work. During my Friday show, I'm gonna be in chat as usual. While showing the previews for the film we'll be watching, I'm going to start collecting votes from people there. Since my Friday and Saturday show hours are similar, this should be the most fair (and easiest) way to take a vote. We'll start by picking two categories. The available categories are:

-Action
This category is where the fighting anime, sports anime and general badassery goes. While action series can have some science-fiction elements, in general they focus more on combat and less on the science. Giant mecha need not apply, DBZ not available.

-Drama
YOU'LL CRY! That's this category. This is where all the heart-wrenching lovey-dovey stuff goes. These series can have some action or comedy elements, but the focus of the show is on the relationships of the characters, their trials and tribulations. What's a giant mecha?

-Comedy
LULZ. These series are designed specifically to make you laugh your ass off at how ridiculous and random they are. Sure, there can be some romantic stuff, or some scifi wizardry... but the point of the show is to make you go LOL WTF?! Giant mecha can be defeated by little girls. True fact!

-Science Fiction/Fantasy
GIANT MECHA GO HERE PLZ. Well not just that, this is also where all your space operas and magical girl series go too. Mecha? Starships? SUPERHUMAN MAGICAL WOMEN!? You're in the right place. This category is sure to make all the physics nerds jizz themselves before proceeding to argue the finer details of everything. Unless of course it's a fantasy series in which case the physics nerds will probably have to suspend all their beliefs. Interesting category, nicht?

The top two categories will be shown first. Once those are picked, I'll make a list of five series from each and have the chat vote on them. Once those series are done being shown one of the remaining categories will be up, and so on and so forth. After the first vote, future voting on series will be done during the Saturday shows on the last day of broadcast for a particular series. It's a system we used back in my high school Anime Club, was pretty effective while remaining democratic. Hopefully it works out here.

Oh, and one last thing, since it gets discussed a lot by Anime Clubs everywhere.

Subbed or Dubbed?
This will be on a series-by-series basis. I'm generally open to the idea of showing dubbed Anime, especially considering the resolution of our TV broadcast. Of course, this option will only be available for series I actually have the dub for. However, if one of those series gets voted for, I will put up a vote for whether we'll watch it in the original Japanese (with subtitles of course) or the dubbed English.

So there you have it! Questions? Comments? If you wanna get your vote in, be sure to be in #IDW on irc.rizon.net at 11 PM PST this Friday! See you at the show! w00t2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Alastair
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 10:11 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

welp..im gonna tune in now! lets hope that you show some kamen rider nomake wan
Tessou
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 10:18 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

If Dragonball Z is part of your collection, you will hate me when I vote. tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 10 2009, 10:35 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Tessō @ 16 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
If Dragonball Z is part of your collection, you will hate me when I vote. tongue.gif

I do believe you failed to read the description of the Action category. Yes, I have every single episode and movie for Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT. No, I will not show either of them, and so they will not be part of the five series put up for vote in the Action category. Sorry, TOO LONG, DIDN'T WATCH.
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 11:10 PM

Cock Blockula

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,803

You should then decide not to add series that run longer than 50 episodes (i.e. Hayate no Gotoku, Keroro Gunsou). XD
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 07:54 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Hey, those two are awesome and you know it. (And Hayate is more now, what with second season and all)
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Drew
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 08:30 AM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

awesome idea is awesome.

I vote Outlaw Star whenever it comes up! smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 12:54 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 2:35 AM)
No, I will not show either of them, and so they will not be part of the five series put up for vote in the Action category. Sorry, TOO LONG, DIDN'T WATCH.

That's exactly what I meant. If you actually agreed to show that damned series, you wouldn't be out of broadcasting it for like... 2 years and change at the rate you'd be showing episodes. tongue.gif
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 02:42 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE (Thir13Teen @ 6 hours, 12 minutes ago)
awesome idea is awesome.

This. F**king this times 100 million!!
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 05:07 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Good idea Nomake Wan, I guess this means you're back to Saturdays as well... smile.gif

Looking forward to this Friday...

Btw, would you consider showing something that you do not have but can get a hold of?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 05:11 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

.....................wait...WHAT THE SH*T!
Damn it man I'M on Saturday.... dry.gif
Plan on working this out...? blink.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 12 2009, 12:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger @ Jun 10 2009, 11:10 PM)
You should then decide not to add series that run longer than 50 episodes (i.e. Hayate no Gotoku, Keroro Gunsou). XD

That's already the plan. wink2.gif As Tessou said, we don't wanna be stuck on one show forever. 50-episode series will be an option, as long as people know they'll be watching it for half a year.

QUOTE (Thir13Teen)
awesome idea is awesome.

Outlaw Star will be definitely be an option in the Scifi/Fantasy category, as when I randomly showed it a while back, people demanded that I show it regularly. laugh.gif

QUOTE (BOZZY)
Btw, would you consider showing something that you do not have but can get a hold of?

Would depend on the series. For instance, I wouldn't want to show anything that's in-progress, since playing two episodes a week on my show compared to one per week in Japan would be running out of stuff to show. So no K-ON, for instance. But yeah, it'd depend on what the show is.

QUOTE (ryosuke63)
.....................wait...WHAT THE SH*T!
Damn it man I'M on Saturday.... dry.gif
Plan on working this out...? blink.gif

You're on the radio, aren't you? I believe Perry said the server can handle both at the same time. When's your timeslot, anyway?
Tessou
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 12:32 PM

Group Icon

The video and radio servers are different, so the site can easily run both at the same time.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 09:55 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 38 minutes ago)
You're on the radio, aren't you? I believe Perry said the server can handle both at the same time. When's your timeslot, anyway?

Please don't insult me. Do you really think anyone would listen to the noob-who-plays-random-stuff-that-barely-anyone-listens-to rather than hear the almighty messiah Nomake Wan? dry.gif
Why can't you just check my thread for my timeslot? I'm on at 11:00PM PST every Saturday every time. hmm.gif

As I said in IRC last night: Sunday's no good because - in fact - people have class and/or work on Monday.
Monday's no good because Alastair does his shows then and with Fragger and you doing shows on Thursday and Friday that leaves me with no option but Tuesday or Wednesday.
And no, I can't do my show at an earlier time for reasons I've explained too many times by now, and later's no good since NO ONE LISTENS!

Seriously man, it's a good idea and I support it, but I have barely any dedicated listeners at the moment so hopefully those two dates will be fine and I won't lose any - though let's be realistic, I very likely will since people have class those days too. dry.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 4:09 PM)
Would depend on the series. For instance, I wouldn't want to show anything that's in-progress, since playing two episodes a week on my show compared to one per week in Japan would be running out of stuff to show. So no K-ON, for instance. But yeah, it'd depend on what the show is.

LOL, I wasn't even going to recommend it ha ha... I was going to suggest the GTO prequel OVAs, there are I think 5 episodes all subbed.
MattW
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 10:42 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

Don, we need you back on the Radio on Saturday Nights. MAke it more like the old days. Those were bomb as hell.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 13 2009, 01:13 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (MattW @ 2 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Don, we need you back on the Radio on Saturday Nights.  MAke it more like the old days.  Those were bomb as hell.

This was why I figured it was no problem returning to that slot. I thought Ryou meant he was on earlier or something. I didn't know he took my old slot as Perry approved this decision anyway.

And Ryou, I love your attitude!

So anyway, the votes are up! Here's what's gonna be on the air tomorrow!

9PM - 11PM PST: Cromartie High School 1-4
11PM - 1AM PST: GetBackers 1-4

Yeah, I made a mistake in my math, we can do four episodes of each series instead of two. laugh.gif Means we can get done faster, though! See y'all tomorrow!

EMERGENCY CHANGE OF PLANS.

My dad came down visiting and we're going out for dinner. I probably will be back by 11, so the show will be 11-1 and we'll show the first two episodes of Cromartie and GetBackers instead of the first four. The show will resume being 9-1 next week. See you in 2.5 hours!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jun 13 2009, 07:37 PM
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Jun 13 2009, 07:41 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Bumping thread so people can see updated post.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Jun 13 2009, 07:42 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jun 13 2009, 07:42 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Bumping the topic for Don so everyone can see the change of plans listed above.

EDIT: God damn it Hashi.

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Jun 13 2009, 07:43 PM
MattW
Posted: Jun 13 2009, 08:01 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

Damn, I wont be able to see that, hope it goes well!
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 14 2009, 08:03 AM

It's too bad I missed most of it (I caught a few minutes and noticed some slow down/buffering)... How did it end up going?
Godot
Posted: Jun 14 2009, 09:34 AM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

cowboy bebop? maybe? or more cromartie!
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 15 2009, 12:42 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (FC3SSavannaIII @ Yesterday, 9:34 AM)
cowboy bebop? maybe? or more cromartie!

Maybe on Cowboy Bebop, we'll see how it goes. Cromartie though, we're watching the whole series, so there won't be more as..we'll..be watching the whole series. laugh.gif

The night went well, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it despite the technical problems. See you next Saturday! The schedule will tentatively be:

9 PM - 10:40 PM - Cromartie High School
10:40 PM - 1 AM - GetBackers

That allows for 8 episodes of Cromartie and 6 of GetBackers. Yosh!
Alex
Posted: Jun 15 2009, 11:23 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 4:42 AM)
9 PM - 10:40 PM - Cromartie High School
10:40 PM - 1 AM - GetBackers

For simplicity sake and the eastcoasters, that's
Cromartie 12AM - 1:40AM
GetBackers 1:40AM - 4AM
Have fun staying up late!

I really really loved the first night and I definitely want to watch with everyone else this coming Saturday, but I have a friend flying in and staying for 2 weeks, so I don't know if I'll have the time to myself to hang out at the computer. Hopefully he'll be busy with this girl on Saturday night. That's so antisocial of me. Wanting to watch streaming anime rather than hang out with a best friend that's only in town for a short time. ermm2.gif More than likely I'll miss it but we'll see.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 15 2009, 03:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Alex @ 4 hours, 23 minutes ago)
For simplicity sake and the eastcoasters, that's
Cromartie 12AM - 1:40AM
GetBackers 1:40AM - 4AM
Have fun staying up late!

I really really loved the first night and I definitely want to watch with everyone else this coming Saturday, but I have a friend flying in and staying for 2 weeks, so I don't know if I'll have the time to myself to hang out at the computer. Hopefully he'll be busy with this girl on Saturday night. That's so antisocial of me. Wanting to watch streaming anime rather than hang out with a best friend that's only in town for a short time. ermm2.gif More than likely I'll miss it but we'll see.

Have him watch it with you? Or isn't he into that sort of thing? laugh.gif

2 Pages  1 2