Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Just Flat Out

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 41,628  ·  Replies: 291 
> DJ HashiriyaR32, SEASON 5
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Jul 27 2008, 06:10 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,031

Okay, since I don't have work today or tomorrow, I am going to do a double set of my own tonight. I'm gonna start the music set at aronud 7 or 8, and then..........I will make a second attempt at eronight. Here's hoping that I get ENOUGH DAMN LISTENERS for it to be worth something.

EDIT: Again, my connection was leaving me in despair. I should've thought up of doing an eronight last month or something, back when my connection didn't get shot up to hell.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Jul 27 2008, 05:58 PM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Jul 30 2008, 07:36 PM

Unlimited Request Works

So here's what's going to happen for the next few weeks. I'm sending my laptop back to HP tommorrow to get my wireless card woes sorted out. Turnaround time's approx. 2-3 weeks. I can still broadcast using either of the XP desktops (one's the MDG with the Celeron D, the other is an old PIII that I got back in '04), but listening to shows after hours is basically another matter. If I can get the MDG moved back to my room, then I'll be able to join you guys through the shows. If not, well........we'll see.

Another thing. I may NOT be able to participate in shows or do any shows at all during the August 22-24 weekend. I'll be going to fan expo on the first 2 days, then I'll be heading to Mosport for the final day of the 2008 Grand Prix of Mosport (events include Speed World Challenge Touring Car, and the American Le Mans Series). I may organize a IDW meet at Mosport on the 24rd, and I'll start on a thread soon.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Jul 31 2008, 08:19 AM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Aug 3 2008, 04:30 AM

Unlimited Request Works

If you missed my friday show, you can grab it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X7MYJAF8
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Aug 16 2008, 09:02 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Wow, I think I set the record for having ZERO listeners for an extended period of time (at least 35 minutes). At least that changed after I started playing the Paul Oakenfold CD. Anyway, my next show may just be my FINAL show for a while. I'm heading back to university at the end of the month and I'm going to stop broadcasting so I can concentrate on my studies. The problem is, when?

Since I may be going to Fan Expo this week, a show's pretty much out of the question. Next week is also gone since I have to move stuff into my off-campus rez before the term starts. And classes start on the 4th of september (thursday).
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Aug 23 2008, 08:14 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Just held my final show tonight. I'm hanging up the keys for at least a couple of months. It was fun while it lasted, but right now my studies are calling me. I'll continue to participate in other DJs show every so often, but there are no guarantees. I'm pretty much off the airwaves until god knows when, but until I actually improve in my studies, I'm NOT coming back on.

Thanks to everyone who listened to my shows throughout these 4 months!

UNTIL NEXT TIME, this is DJ HashiriyaR32, signing out.
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Sep 13 2008, 09:17 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Okay, I'm back, but with a major announcement. I'm pretty much back on the airwaves, but I will no longer be doing weekly shows for at least 2 reasons.

1. Upload rates at the house that I have in Ottawa are ATROCIOUS, as I learned the hard way Thursday night.

2. This needs to be taken in moderation.

So basically, the only time I'll be on the air is when I'm back home in Toronto. I usually come back for holidays, so the next time I'll be on after tonight is during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

I'll be hosting a show tonight starting from around 7-8PM PST all the way to 11PM PST. If you have requests, please pass them to DJ Alastair (he's on tommorrow night) since while I'm on the air, I'll be catching a bit of sleep before Eronight, and thus may not be able to recieve and fulfill those requests.

Also, tonight I'll be playing the new Metallica album "Death Magnetic", and then I'll fill the rest of the playlist with random tracks I have. Don't miss it!

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Sep 13 2008, 09:20 AM
Tessou
Posted: Sep 13 2008, 09:28 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

You have your own place?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Sep 13 2008, 10:14 AM

Unlimited Request Works

I've actually rented a room in a house in Ottawa that's approx. a 10-15 minute walk from the Campus of Carleton University. Now at the very least I can try to cook for myself, although I do visit the cafeteria in Residence Commons from time to time.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Sep 13 2008, 10:15 AM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Sep 18 2008, 04:43 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Okay, ANOTHER MAJOR CHANGE.

I've just determined that my connection here is NOT shot to hell. I've confirmed this by tuning into the stream while on air with no skipping whatsoever. With that, it only means one thing.

I. AM. BACK!!!!!

That's right, I'm now back as a full-time DJ for the weekend!

Tommorrow night, I'll be playing the 2-disc "GROUND ZERO ~TOHO ROCK!! 2007" album by C-CLAYS.

user posted image

This is a collection of rock remixes of Touhou BGM from various doujin artists who produce remixes of Touhou BGM (including my favorite group, dobu usagi).

EDIT: Wow, that didn't turn out so well. I was skipping all over the damn place even though I made sure I wasn't. My connection seems to be all over the place.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Sep 19 2008, 09:00 PM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 2 2008, 12:45 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Well, change of plans again.....

I'm reverting back to my original plan of being on air for a limited basis. The next time I'm home in Toronto will be for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (9-13), so I'll have a show planned for the 10th. I'll post details when that date approaches.

UPDATE: My Oct 10th show will include more varied content as I'll have access to all my music from the desktop. Before that, my music selection wasn't that great whenever I did shows from my laptop since neither my laptop's HDD or the old 160GB ext HDD could hold the content I had from my desktop. With the addition of my new 1TB ext HDD, I can now basically take all the stuff that I gathered from March 2007 with me (this also includes the stuff I that was originally on my 160).

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 5 2008, 02:10 PM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 9 2008, 04:40 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Tomorrow night (Oct 10), I'll be hosting my THIRD Touhou Project special. I'll be covering works by 3 different doujin groups. Dobu Usagi (whose works I've played on my first Touhou special), UI-70 (took part in C-CLAYS' GROUND ZERO album), and Alstroemeria Records (whose "For Your Pieces" album was played by DJ Phoenix Wright last month). I'll be starting at around 7PM PST, then going all the way to 11PM PST.

EDIT: Cancelled Oct 9th show. The file transfer is taking WAAAAAAY too long and won't be done in time for my show.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 9 2008, 07:31 PM
Alastair
Posted: Oct 9 2008, 07:49 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

damn and i was looking forward to tomorrows show :/
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 9 2008, 10:48 PM

Unlimited Request Works

The Touhou Project special is still taking place as planned, just to be clear.

EDIT: Change of plans. The show is going to start at 5PM PST rather than 7 because it turns out that I've got quite a lot of stuff to play, and even with the extra 2 hours, I won't be able to play all the content from Alstromeria Records.

EDIT: I consider this show a SUCCESS!!! I'll be uploading content from my show later on today.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 10 2008, 10:29 PM
Carlton
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 12:15 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,941

Gotta punch this posting limit aside again.
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 11 2008, 07:59 AM

Unlimited Request Works

HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 19 2008, 05:11 AM

Unlimited Request Works

I just went beyond the impossible, and gave IDW FOURTEEN AND A HALF HOURS of non-stop music! Needless to say, I'm not attempting this again. I only did it to smash my old record.

user posted image

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 19 2008, 05:11 AM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 23 2008, 06:01 PM

Unlimited Request Works

user posted image
Tommorrow night's show will feature various tracks from the original soundtrack of Chaos;HEAd (check the title art, it's capitalized this way), including the opening "Find the blue" by Kanako Ito. It will also feature a good chunk of content that I have yet to play on air, and few of my favorites. To get you started, here are just a few of the things on the bill for tommorrow night....

-Bastard Pop Terrorists (inB4N1 happy.gif)
-Select albums by Alstromeria Records
-Dragonforce
-Rise Against

AND MORE!!

The will start at approx 4PM PST, so please tune in if you can!

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 23 2008, 10:17 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 08:43 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Sounds awesome! I'll try to make it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 24 2008, 01:03 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Just a small reminder. Any requests made during tonight's show will be queued up for next week, since I have no space for requests at all. Also, be sure to listen in because like my show since eronight is taking place right after, and I'll be providing some info during as to what is going on.

EDIT: I really need to learn that my connection here is as unpredictable as the wind. Not only that, it tends to get a bit cramped around the evening hours, and that sends my upload rate straight to hell.

EDIT: If you're wondering why I wasn't on the air after 6PM PST last night, that's because I got tired of my inconsistent and shoddy upload rates that are afflicting me once again. The show was a COMPLETE bust, but I'll it again some other time, so I won't be trashing tonight's playlist.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Oct 24 2008, 07:48 PM
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Oct 31 2008, 12:38 AM

Unlimited Request Works

I'm sort of out of ideas for my Halloween special for tonight, so if you have ANY suggestions, please make some recommendations here, and I may try to accommodate such requests if there's time.

I'll be starting my show at around 5PM PST and ending at 9PM PST, with DJ Eiji (AKA Tetsuya Hikari) jumping on after me.

So for now, here's a sneak peek at who and what's on my setlist for tonight:

Gackt
MOSAIC.WAV
Bastard Pop Terrorists (redo from last friday)
Yousei Teikoku

Once again, the start time will be 5PM PST (8PM EST), so be sure to tune in!
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 07:04 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

More BPT = win... If you want me to point you to a nice place to get similar stuff give me a shout.
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Nov 2 2008, 03:45 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Alright, this week's gonna be a special week, since I'll be celebrating 2 different releases with 2 different specials. IOSYS' new album, 東方氷雪歌集 (Eastern anthology of ice and snow), was released today, so I'll be doing a 2-part special on Wednesday and Thursday where I'll be playing IOSYS' Touhou tracks plus some bonus tracks, except for the new album, which I don't have, so honour for that will be given to DJ Phoenix Wright.

On Friday, to coincide with the premiere of the new 007 film, Quantum of Solace, I'll be holding a short Bond Special, where I'll play the tracks from the recently released "The Best of Bond...James Bond" album.
I'll have quite a bit of room for requests after the Bond setlist, so if you want something to be played during that time, feel free to send me the tracks in advance, and I'll plug it into the playlist. Sending tracks during the show is fine too, although there will be a limit, since I won't know if DJ Eiji will be on air Friday night.

Stay tuned for more details and start times!

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Nov 2 2008, 06:04 PM
The New Guy
Posted: Nov 2 2008, 06:04 PM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

Cool man I can't wait to hear some Iosys again.
HashiriyaR32
  Posted: Nov 2 2008, 08:01 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Okay, I now have the show times for my IOSYS sets, so here they are:

Part 1 will be on Wednesday from 5PM PST to just after 8:30PM PST.
Part 2 will be on Thursday from 7PM PST to 11PM PST.

EDIT: Since DJ Eiji will be on the air friday night on his usual slot, I now have the show time for the Bond Special, which will be from 6PM PST to 9PM PST.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Nov 3 2008, 02:40 PM
Carlton
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 05:32 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,941

Have I mentioned that the flood control switch is broken?

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »