Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Sinking Opening Theme

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,034  ·  Replies: 33 
> How to drift an FF?, Driftng an FF
odil
  Posted: Nov 10 2002, 06:41 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

Guys I own a EK Civic SiR with B16

all stock

When tried drifting i alwys end up turning `180 degrees or less
(oversteer)

is it really possible for an FF machine?

TNX!!!
Inabj2
Posted: Nov 10 2002, 09:28 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 67

No, well not anything like takumi's drifts. You can make some slides, but not sustain it long enough to make it into a drift.
karasac
Posted: Nov 10 2002, 12:25 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

what inabj2 said, no matter what anyone tells u, u cant drift in an FF
]{aya
Posted: Nov 10 2002, 02:58 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

...but FF are more stable in corners(not drifting)
karasac
Posted: Nov 11 2002, 01:10 AM

Rotary Disciple

i disagree, if that were the case then y is it that most "real" sports cars r FR? FF suffer from severe understeer.
bunta_boi
Posted: Nov 11 2002, 04:45 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

arent FF cars good for traction? drifting is a loss of traction under the back wheels...if its good for traction, chances for drifting are low....right? dry.gif
karasac
Posted: Nov 11 2002, 05:16 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (bunta_boi @ Nov 12 2002, 12:45 AM)
arent FF cars good for traction? drifting is a loss of traction under the back wheels...if its good for traction, chances for drifting are low....right? dry.gif

durring a drift u need to "steer" with the rear wheels to keep the drift going and to push the car through the corner, and since in a FF the power isnt coming from the back wheels, so no pushing the car through the corner and no "steering" with the rear wheels.
odil
  Posted: Nov 12 2002, 07:46 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 79

what i do is use the hand brake hehehe
although not the best way to get the best time:)
bunta_boi
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 04:22 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

rear wheel steering? k then i have no right talkin i dont kno anything about that rolleyes.gif
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 04:59 PM

Unregistered

cases like these.. im thankful that i didnt get brainwashed by buying a honda. whew! they are just simply waste of time.. plus they hate you and call you bunch of names in addition to being a ricer.
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 05:00 PM

Unregistered

oooooooooooooppppppppss... i mean they are simply waste of money biggrin.gif
Kyo
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 09:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 57

it juz happen that i drive FF cars nowadays...

I dunno whether i shld call it drift or not (it is not impossibe).. but i manage to slide with considerable gain of speed in a curve...

what i did is something like to "shake ur Bon Bon"...

I have tried with many FF cars... only those with power steering is capable of drifint or sliding i guess...

Correct me if I am wrong... Or any1 of u tried drifting with FF before?
karasac
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 09:44 PM

Rotary Disciple

what ur doing in ur car is called "ass dragging" since that is what ur doing when u slide in an FF. ive tried it before its fun, but u cant get it to do a real drift.
Indecisive
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 11:50 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

you know what's sad??.....when you start going sideways on a striaght road....DAMN TREADLESS TIRES!!!!

what's the best way to drift with an auto FR?

I've tried weight transfer but not anything hardcore. like didn't really drift..jsut kinda did a lil power slide.
Kyo
Posted: Nov 12 2002, 11:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

I think for FF car.. important element is power steering... then the Cornering must be very acute and fast..with down shift of gear... make sure u "shake the bon bon"... i used to practice it in sandy road... i think that's the best way to lessen the tyre worn out...

that's my only way... bout the e-brake method...nvr try it b4 coz i dun like it...

to drift auto car... i havent done any b4 but i believe the trick is still the same.. fast acute cornering with gear down shift..

karasac
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 10:38 AM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (Indecisive @ Nov 13 2002, 07:50 AM)
you know what's sad??.....when you start going sideways on a striaght road....DAMN TREADLESS TIRES!!!!

what's the best way to drift with an auto FR?

I've tried weight transfer but not anything hardcore.  like didn't really drift..jsut kinda did a lil power slide.

u cant really drift in an auto, when drifting u need to keep the revs high, and in an auto it will up-shift when u try to keep the revs up.

theres one way that i heard of to keep the revs up that u can try,(but this will seriously mess up ur transmition) when u approch the corner shift into neutral and rev the engine, then as ur about to turn into the corner jam it back into drive. then go through the drift as u normally would. but again this will screw up ur transmition. so i dont know if u wanna try it.

Mister Two
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 11:36 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49

Unfortunately it’s almost impossible to break the rear tires lose on a FF car. Typically a sudden jolt in power will break the rear tires lose on a FR car but in the FF car the extra power will just cause your car to go in the direction your front wheels are pointed in due to the fact that they are pulling your car. However I have watched a video that a friend of mine has that takes place in Japan where a bunch of racers are drifting nothing but Honda Civics. To drift a FF car you need to use your E-Brake. Unless you are going really fast this is one of the only ways you’ll get the tires on the car to break lose.
karasac
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 03:02 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (Mister Two @ Nov 13 2002, 07:36 PM)
Unfortunately it’s almost impossible to break the rear tires lose on a FF car. Typically a sudden jolt in power will break the rear tires lose on a FR car but in the FF car the extra power will just cause your car to go in the direction your front wheels are pointed in due to the fact that they are pulling your car. However I have watched a video that a friend of mine has that takes place in Japan where a bunch of racers are drifting nothing but Honda Civics. To drift a FF car you need to use your E-Brake. Unless you are going really fast this is one of the only ways you’ll get the tires on the car to break lose.

u cant drift in an FF, sure u can make it look like drifting but its not. what those guys in the video r doing is whats known to some as "ass dragging", because ur simply dragging the rear of the car around the corners.
Kyo
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 05:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

but what is the definition of "real drift" then..if "shake ur bon bon" drag doesnt count?

i had a strange experience but i had no idea how to describe it...
for a few occasions...i turned into a T-junction with a very high speed, with no gear downshiftting and a very abrupt fast turn...

the car didnt end up drifting but it swayed horizontally as well as heading vertically... [get into a straight road with shifting fr 1 lane to another lane, all happen after abrupt turn fr a T-junction]

Personally... i dun think it's driftting... but the car performed a "crab walk" as well as heading to the front..

Karasac.. so what was that actually?(sorry if i couldnt describe it clear enough)
]{aya
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 08:00 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

this was only sliding ...causing greater tire wear then drifting ...doing a crab walk doesn mean you drift ...sliding is slow ...in other words : there is no technique, you just induce oversteer and let the car go a bit ...drifting is really an advanced technique ...really precise you have to know what you are doing, you have to have some basics ...and you have to know your car ...well knowing how its going to react to this if you do this or that ...etc
karasac
Posted: Nov 13 2002, 09:13 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (cheevoon @ Nov 14 2002, 01:06 AM)
but what is the definition of "real drift" then..if "shake ur bon bon" drag doesnt count?

i had a strange experience but i had no idea how to describe it...
for a few occasions...i turned into a T-junction with a very high speed, with no gear downshiftting and a very abrupt fast turn...

the car didnt end up drifting but it swayed horizontally as well as heading vertically... [get into a straight road with shifting fr 1 lane to another lane, all happen after abrupt turn fr a T-junction]

Personally... i dun think it's driftting... but the car performed a "crab walk" as well as heading to the front..

Karasac.. so what was that actually?(sorry if i couldnt describe it clear enough)

a description of a "real" drift is: keeping the revs high as u enter the corner, start sliding before the corner starts,being able to "steer" with the rear wheels while drifting, the rear wheels pushing the car through the corner(or in some cases all four wheels(as in 4wd)), being strait by the time u get to the end of the corner or if ur linking drifts be in position to start the next drift.

and as to ur experience, what ]{aya said.
Guest_cheevoon
Posted: Nov 16 2002, 05:09 AM

Unregistered

that's why i miss my ae71 so much..
anyhow..what the best we can do with a FF cars?

any1 got any tricks otr than e-brake n ass drag?

Posted: Nov 17 2002, 04:40 PM

Unregistered

you could get some of those little car dolly things, the things you put under your wheels with casters on them. put them on your back wheels. enjoy drifting. (and crashing off a cliff) i think you will be ok, as long as your gay ass wing doesn't get bent.
GoFastLookSlow
Posted: Nov 17 2002, 04:49 PM

♪ don't say lazy ♪

Member No.: 86

Do what these stupid ricers did. I know there are going to be lots of posts complaing about how you guys totaled your cars by trying this on roads soon. rolleyes.gif
http://www.eddiesun.net/~trey/VtecAtlanta.wmv
karasac
Posted: Nov 18 2002, 09:45 AM

Rotary Disciple

LOL.....good ol tray drifting

2 Pages  1 2