Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) King & Queen - Dance Europe Express

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,667  ·  Replies: 8 
> SBG6580 Issue
Shirogane
  Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:21 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,722

Note: This started mid-day on Wednesday. Initially, I had at least 20 Mbps (Speedtest) before, so why on earth is my connection capped at 1.49? Of course, my wireless speed is still on 23.

Anyone good with Motorola modems mind telling me what's wrong?
Lebon14
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:36 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Did you try another cable? Maybe it's damaged.
Or even, reset your router/modem.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Shirogane
  Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 57 seconds ago)
Did you try another cable? Maybe it's damaged.
Or even, reset your router/modem.

I even tried to connect it directly... No dice as well.
4th time I had to reset it.

This post has been edited by Ken Nōgami on Mar 8 2013, 09:37 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 10:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Who's your provider? I'm with Comcast and often run into this problem where speed will suddenly drop to absolute garbage and the channel bonding functions won't work right. Rebooting the modem usually kills any semblance of an internet connection and calling Comcast gets you no help whatsoever (usually 'yeah we'll send a tech...in 3 days...maybe').

The problem is on the ISP's end and resolves itself within a day. There are just plain some problems that you can't fix.
Shirogane
  Posted: Mar 9 2013, 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Who's your provider? I'm with Comcast and often run into this problem where speed will suddenly drop to absolute garbage and the channel bonding functions won't work right. Rebooting the modem usually kills any semblance of an internet connection and calling Comcast gets you no help whatsoever (usually 'yeah we'll send a tech...in 3 days...maybe').

The problem is on the ISP's end and resolves itself within a day. There are just plain some problems that you can't fix.

.... Comcast. laugh2.gif It's been like this for a few days, though. sad.gif Though my wireless speed is still fine as of this second..

This post has been edited by Ken Nōgami on Mar 9 2013, 01:46 AM
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 09:40 AM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

http://www.motorola.com/on/demandware.stat...336,493,317,000

Page 17, try doing a factory reset.

Also on your router try changing the MAC address in the internet settings, I've found that sometimes on timewarner if I do ALOT of downloading I'll get cut down to close to DSL speeds and if I change my MAC address it will fix the issue.

This post has been edited by HorizontalMitsubishi on Mar 9 2013, 09:43 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 03:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (HorizontalMitsubishi @ 6 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Also on your router try changing the MAC address in the internet settings, I've found that sometimes on timewarner if I do ALOT of downloading I'll get cut down to close to DSL speeds and if I change my MAC address it will fix the issue.

Changing the WAN MAC registers the modem as a different connection and lifts the bandwidth restriction? Whaaa? I thought it was tied to the modem itself and as far as my modem's concerned there's nowhere to change the MAC...

The more you know. I learned something new. I'll have to give that a shot the next time our connection takes a dump, see if it makes any difference (or if it really is just Comcast being shitty). happy.gif
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 11:55 PM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

Yeah, if I downloaded over 400-500gb in a month time warner would slow my connection to a crawl, I could change the router MAC one digit and bam full speeds. If I changed it back it would go back to a crawl.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 10 2013, 12:35 AM

ShiMACHaze

That's something I would never have thought to try. Thank you so much, I'm seriously gonna give that a shot the next time there's a line problem to see if it's just throttling they're not telling me about. happy.gif