Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,219  ·  Replies: 91 
> New Dragonball games, DB isn't dead yet
Blues
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 08:05 AM

Silent Hero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,805

I love the combo system so far. The combos flow pretty well.
Tessou
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 09:44 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Ultimate Gohan's desperation attack is f**king boss. I love the demo, despite how short it is.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Blues
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:04 AM

Silent Hero

Member No.: 15,805

QUOTE (Tessou @ 20 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Ultimate Gohan's desperation attack is f**king boss. I love the demo, despite how short it is.

Yes it is. I also like the dramatic effect added with some of the moves.... Of course I never played Raging blast, so I don't know the differences between the two. I should add that I'm impressed at the visuals as well.
Tessou
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:05 AM

Group Icon

Compared to the first game, this is a lot prettier, and a hell of a lot faster. You're not missing much of anything by not playing the first game.

I am somewhat miffed that your "ultra mode" (if you tap RB as you max out your energy) cannot use desperation attacks.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Oct 14 2010, 10:06 AM
Tessou
Posted: Oct 29 2010, 07:55 AM

Group Icon

Bandai just added the final character update to their website for this game, and the two "what if" characters were not revealed in it. They're holding this out until the very end. laugh.gif
Tessou
Posted: Nov 1 2010, 01:37 PM

Group Icon

I managed to get a copy from Best Buy today even though the street date is tomorrow. XBOX Live is being a piece of shit thanks to the dashboard update and ten million kids downloading it to their system, so... yeah. I'm not playing on Live today. laugh.gif

I'll tell you how it is once I get the chance to get some time in with it.

Well, I put some time into Raging Blast 2 and I don't know what to think about it. They removed all of the cutscenes. That's right. There is no narrative to explain anything, just fighting.

Galaxy Mode is cool, but as usual there are a few missions that are punishingly hard. Vegetto's SECOND MISSION is almost impossible, and they only get harder after that.

The gameplay and movesets are pretty much cut straight out of the Tenkaichi series, with the graphical sheen the 360 can provide (and they exploit the hell out of it). While it's solid, I'm getting tired of the same movesets that were introduced in 2005. This makes the transition from game to game easy, but makes it boring in the long run when nothing changes. No new moves, no crazy upgrades. It's BT3 with sparkly shit added. laugh.gif

The movie remake is included and available from the start. It is not dubbed, and the subs are a default option that cannot be removed. It's a decent half hour, but not something I'd watch a million times over. Watching it from start to finish unlocks Hatchiyack as a selectable character. Here are some caps taken while I watched it.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Don't expect a storyline or anything coherent in the movie. It's just Goku and friends teleporting around the place and killing a few bad guys, followed by some credits.

But the damned What-If characters...? Still no idea. The manual is flimsy and doesn't have a credits page or anything, and there is nothing hinting at the characters anywhere in the menus or mission select screens (remember in RB1 you could see SSJ3 Broly and SSJ3 Vegeta in the mission select). Once I find out anything, you'll know right here.

It's a good game, but don't expect something super f**king amazing. It's back to basics. No cutscenes, no bullshit, all action. It doesn't hurt at all that the fights load super quick regardless of how many characters are in the match (although transformations still make the game hesitate a bit).

---
Here's more fun. I'm beginning to think that Bandai considers Hatchiyack and Tarble the "what if" characters. There's nothing in the game to even hint that there are other characters besides the ones we see on the roster. Bandai hasn't released any information about secret characters, and the game has already been released in two areas (Japan gets it in a week) so I believe that such an announcement just isn't going to happen. Think about it. Two characters that have never been in a DB game before. Tarble and Hatchiyack are the only two that haven't been in a DB game in any form. Neiz and Doore were in some of Freezer's special moves as support characters. Androids 14 and 15 were part of 13's transformation animation. Thusly, Bandai isn't pulling any strings here. They did introduce two completely new characters... they just put them in plain sight instead of making a huge deal out of their inclusion (remember SSJ3 Broly and SSJ3 Vegeta from the last game, and the massive publicity put out about them)?

Anyway, I put more time into the game and am getting into the groove of things. The biggest problem I have is that the manual is worthless and the game itself doesn't really explain why some things are the way they are. Enjoy figuring out what the f**k the combo disk missions are and how they unlock, because the game never tells you how the hell to do it. Explanation from me:

The combo disks are connected missions, meaning two or more characters have to reach the same point in their respective mission sets before the combo disk unlocks. Completing that mission with any of the involved characters completes it for all of them. They are usually brutally difficult.

Here's another cruel mission setup: Broly vs. Turles. He starts with full health and regenerates ki automatically. You, as Broly, have ZERO HEALTH and must defeat Turles. Difficulty is set to hard and increases over time. This means that somehow you must defeat Turles without ever getting hit. At Hard difficulty, the enemy almost always opens up with a volley of little blasts that can outright kill you off the bat since you're a one-hit wonder. I still haven't beaten this goddamn mission, since he ALWAYS manages to find a way to kill you before you've even been in the match for ten seconds.

Dragonballs unlock when you beat the "boss" of a characters mission set. When you get seven, you get a wish. Most of them are special moves, or a few pictures for the gallery, but a few of them are decent enough to warrant the time spent. The big one of the lot allows you to change the music that plays whenever you go into raging soul mode, so you have your own theme song.

Some characters unlock out of nowhere. Beating SSJ3 Vegeta's mission set unlocked Adult Gohan for no reason at all. I never even fought Gohan in Vegeta's missions...

This post has been edited by Tessou on Nov 4 2010, 04:49 AM
Tessou
Posted: Nov 5 2010, 05:26 AM

Group Icon

Here's a vid of me playing a quick game of RB2.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzy5_qm-q8 )

As you can see, it's a shiny pidgey TB3.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 30 2010, 04:37 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 19 2013, 11:30 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

Thread Revival!

Because of this.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JK32ipD5-M )

Dragonball Z: Battle of Z was revealed. (thx to dbzanto on youtube for the scans)

It's to be released on this console generation PS3 and 360, also a VITA version.

Main point here are big battles now, 8 players battles are possible now in co-op play.

Besides this not much is know.

Confirmed characters so far Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God), Vegeta, Raditz, Nappa, Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, Kid Gohan, Ginyu, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guldo and Saibaman.

This could very well be the last Dragonball game on this console generation, besides that one with all those other manga/anime characters.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 19 2013, 12:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Sweet. Hopefully the gameplay is actually fun and the roster is actually complete. Considering the looks of it I doubt it on both counts so I won't hold my breath...but hey, maybe it'll surprise me.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 19 2013, 12:33 PM

Group Icon

Looks to be based on the recent movie that came out in Japan. Wasn't impressed with the movie, so I probably won't get much out of this game. This looks to be a modified port of the Zenki Battle Royale arcade game, which suffered a pretty tiny roster and restricted transformations.

Might be good, but chances are it's going to be a humdrum release just like the last few DB games that came out.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 19 2013, 12:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

I just want Burst Limit 2. sad.gif
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 21 2013, 03:35 AM

That guy from Belgium

A new trailer showed up today
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyK1_rEWBII&feature=youtu.be )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 04:01 AM

ShiMACHaze

Only up to Frieza Saga? Trying to be a mini-musou game?

Pass.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 04:18 AM

Group Icon

Only up to Frieza, yet includes Super Saiyajin God, which came up after the Buu saga... yeah, this is stupid.
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 21 2013, 06:27 AM

That guy from Belgium

I just found a press release.

DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF Z' PREPARES TO KI BLAST INTO EUROPE WITH ALL-NEW TEAM MELEE ACTION

- NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe Announces the Latest Title in the All-powerful Dragon Ball Video Game Saga, Coming to PlayStation®3, PS®Vita and Xbox 360® -

Europe's legions of Kamehameha devotees have something special to look forward to: NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe is preparing to bring team melee battler Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z to these shores for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita and Xbox 360®.

Are you a team player with the crazy skills and cool composure needed to triumph in massive cooperative battles? If this sounds like you, then Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z has just what you need, with revolutionary team battling for up to 4 players together in cooperative play against a host of fearsome opponents or in a giant 8-player battle royale. Found his weak point? Push your advantage and take him down together in a flurry of fur!

"The Dragon Ball games continue to thrill fans across Europe, and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z brings some very exciting new features to the series," said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. "The large scale cooperative team melee battles are like nothing players have seen before in a Dragon Ball game. Fans can't afford to miss it."

With four different battle types, breath-taking visuals faithful to the inimitable Dragon Ball universe, plus full-featured solo play for those days when you want to bathe in the glory alone, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z represents the next essential evolutionary phase in the illustrious history of the franchise. Appearances from Special Force and Super Saiyan GOD are the icing on the cake of this irresistible recipe for ki chaos on the ground and in the air. Prepare your battle cry!

There is gonna be more then just the Frieza saga, they haven't revealed it yet.

This post has been edited by Drift Dude on Jun 21 2013, 06:29 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 07:22 AM

Group Icon

What the fuck is "Special Force"? Cooler's armored squadron and the Ginyu Tokusentai come to mind, but neither would be "icing on the cake" considering they've already been in most DBZ games.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 03:44 PM

ShiMACHaze

I think you nailed it... it's the Ginyu Tokusentai. Toku Sentai is literally 'Special Force'. So unless some other group called themselves a 'toku sentai' in the new movie, that's gotta be it.

That press release doesn't say anything about stuff beyond Frieza, it just points out that God is in...which is the same as what Tessou said above.

Yawn.

Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2013, 07:09 PM

Group Icon

The movie this is based off of is also a waste of time and relies too much on stupid plot tokens in order to work.

For instance, Goku can only reach Super Saiyajin God form if there are SIX SAIYAJIN present to give their energy to him. Conveniently, that's exactly how many there are in the movie including Goku, considering that Tarble is nowhere to be found (they can't reach him, according to the script), and Bardock is in some sort of alternate timestream. We have Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and an unborn Pan inside Videl. How convenient (and hokey), indeed. It's also a convenient device to explain why we never saw it in GT, because there were never enough Saiyajin in the same place in GT to grant Goku the energy he needed. By then, he was fusing with Vegeta again to create SSJ4 Gogeta, so it didn't matter.

Still, by that point it wouldn't have been an issue for Goku and Vegeta to fuse in the movie and become monstrously powerful. Birus was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, but we know that SSJ Gogeta and Vegetto were FAR more powerful than anything Goku could ever attain on his own. A quick fusion dance into Gogeta and they would have easily pummeled the bastard, but instead, spoiler tag happened.

SPOILER

What the fuck, Toriyama. I waited two years for this.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Jun 21 2013, 07:13 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 19 2013, 09:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

The new TGS trailer confirms that this covers everything DBZ, from Saiyan Saga to the movies to the specials. It also toned down the musou aspect, but the whole all-range-battle system still kinda reminds me of previous Tenkaichi-like fighters where the focus is mostly on special attacks and prebuilt combos rather than interesting melee. It certainly looks more interesting than it did at first... but I'll wait to see some more gameplay before passing true judgement.

After all, I'm still holding out for another DIMPS fighter. crying2.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Sep 19 2013, 09:32 PM
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 23 2014, 07:20 AM

That guy from Belgium

What's this? A new post?

Why yes, for there is a new dbz game for the PS4/XBOX1 (and PS3/360?) in the works.

It's called Dragonball Xenoverse

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvaBKouYHw )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTN-w6N3EM )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHOVZi3hFU )

I get the feeling that the plot of this game is sort of in the same way as that DB MMORPG.

And Dimps is the developer.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 23 2014, 11:39 AM

Group Icon

Game journalists are saying the mysterious character in the trailers is a new character. I call BS. Too many dumb accessories pulled from other characters for no reason. It's a player-created character acting as the hero, plain and simple. He is labelled in-game as "Future Warrior", which is gender-neutral and thus could easily facilitate a female player character as well.

The screenshots and footage all seem to be taken from old-gen consoles. There is nothing mind-blowing about the graphics here.
W.A.R
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 08:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

Likewise,

There is really nothing next gen that stands out in this "New" Dragonball game. The game has to look cartoonish if it didnt then it wouldnt be a Dragonball game at all this series of games will always look the same, which I can understand.

But I still dont know how adding a new character or whatever people are speculating these day change the fact that it is still going through the same damn sagas we been playing for so damn long. The gamplay still does not grabs my interest it looks like the same game. I dont know how many times I seen the cell and sayain saga to the point where Im sick of it when playing dragonball games amd the typical "What if" story lines, its very limited.

This post has been edited by W.A.R on Jun 24 2014, 08:05 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 11:33 AM

Group Icon

Oh, and I almost forgot the most glaring issue here: nothing from Dragonball nor Dragonball GT. This is all Z stuff... again. I get that Z was the most popular of the franchise, but come on, guys.

user posted image
"I'm not represented again?!"
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 01:27 PM

ShiMACHaze

Don't even care. If DIMPS is the first company to understand that I just want a better Budokai 3 Greatest Hits with online play then I'll give them all my money. Some franchises need to realize that a lot of their fans don't want tons of innovation, they just want a modernized version of the same old game they remember.

We'll see.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4