Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,005  ·  Replies: 26 
> [HELP!!!!] Can't improve anymore! No talent
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 21 2010, 11:28 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,472

Alright, so I guess I'm a little slow over here. I kind of just heard of Initial D 5 late this summer when I was holidaying over in Japan. Started playing around July and bought my card late July.

I started playing frequently over at Bugis arcade and watched a couple of Youtube videos as well as how the pros play it in order to improve.

Its been about 3 months so far and I just can't seem to improve my timings!!!! ARGH!!!!!

I'm already on my 2nd iteration of the Initial D arcade stage 5 card and have updated my first card to the online version.

Below are my timings:
LAKE AKINA / COUNTER-CLOCKWISE / DRY 3'19"7XX GC8V
LAKE AKINA / CLOCKWISE / DRY 3'21"6XX GC8V
MYOGI / DOWNHILL / DRY 2'51"674 FC3S
AKAGI / DOWNHILL / DRY 2'49"125 FC3S
AKAGI / UPHILL / DRY 2'51"XXX FC3S
AKINA / DOWNHILL / DRY 3'10"6XX AE86
AKINA / UPHILL / DRY 3'16"0XX GC8V
IROHAZAKA / DOWNHILL / DRY 3'08"9XX EA11R
IROHAZAKA / REVERSE / DRY 3'13"XXX GC8V
HAPPOGAHARA / OUTBOUND / DRY 3'06"9XX FC3S
HAPPOGAHARA / INBOUND / DRY 3'03"412 GC8V
HAPPOGAHARA / INBOUND / WET 3'11"XXX GC8V
TSUKUBA / OUTBOUND / DRY 3'06"764 FC3S
TSUKUBA / INBOUND / DRY 3'06"9XX GC8V
NAGAO / DOWNHILL / DRY 3'17"719 ZZW30
NAGAO / UPHILL / DRY 3'25"509 FC3S

All courses and records were done using full-tune cars and some of them like the AE86 and EA11R were my friend's car. The FC and ZZW30 are my online card cars.

I've been looking at youtube videos for a while and tried to emulate their run styles and tried to run tighter linings but I just can't seem to catch up!

And when I go to douby ghaut to play, I see pros drifting around corners on Akina and getting sick timings and I've tried for a while by myself but to no avail.... sad.gif

I guess some people just have the talent and skills required for driving games while others like me will just spend loads of money and get stuck for long. My combined card scores are nearing almost 7.5 million and this is the kind of crap timing I get.... dry.gif

As such, I've decided to start off by improving my courses slowly one by one starting with Akina DH dry.

I just bought the AE86 and its currently standing at 7-0-0-0-0 and ran 3'14"832 yesterday over at Bugis. I know its slow but I've already been following what the online people are running in terms of lining and braking points. Probably also just grazed the walls less than 3 or 4 times throughout but I'm getting no where near the 3'07'XXX timings they're running!!

Do you think there are ways to further improve without using the drift techniques? I just can't seem to master it...

This post has been edited by yakiniku on Oct 21 2010, 11:34 PM
initiald34
Posted: Oct 21 2010, 11:47 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

lol i feel that way too. its all about how you manage boost but i cant figure that out either.
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 21 2010, 11:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I've been working on my steering and braking and tried different running techniques like cornering a little faster/a little slower and managing my tire boost but it seems that I'm stuck...

I'm guessing people like me just don't have the talent that it takes to excel in this game...3 months is a long time already and I'm still stuck at this miserable stage....
initiald34
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 12:06 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

lol well i kno how you feel. i thot i would never break 3'11 on akina dh but after a while it became easier. you just gotta keep practicing and do something different
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 02:35 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I can empathize. Since there's no way to quantify the boost in the game, it's understandable that you'd want to yank the wheel of it's base and smash the screen in with it.

I say just take a break from the game, and occupy yourself with something else. Running around confused does nothing for you at this point.
venth85
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 02:43 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

Sometimes taking break and thinking where you went wrong then correcting bit by bit works. Even when you tried something silly, you'll discover something new.
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 22 2010, 03:51 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

I think I need to find places where the pros usually practice and watch them run to get ideas for improvement.

I'm like probably the handful of players right now who frequent bugis arcade...
Randy
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 03:55 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

Your times are actually pretty good. But of course, you should probably try lots of new things to cut those time even further. smile.gif

That's what I've been doing, though it did take some time before I figured out how to cut my Myogi time in less than 3 minutes within 1 week. LOL xD
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 22 2010, 04:07 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

I think one thing is probably I started the game too late and its hard to find Initial D 5 players in Singapore nowadays. Most are just playing Wangan.

I'm still watching videos over and over again to have the linings ingrained into my mind so that when I'm out there running, I can do the same...
Randy
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 04:10 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

QUOTE (yakiniku @ 3 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
I'm still watching videos over and over again to have the linings ingrained into my mind so that when I'm out there running, I can do the same...

Same here man...though video's only a reference guide. Actual driving is different, but I am very sure you know that. Still trying to figure out how to tackle Akina in less than 10 second sharp. sad.gif
ishida
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 04:15 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

Just stick to it and keep thinking positive....3 months i count it still early for some reason dry.gif ....keep practicing and learn your own skills slowly...hope you succeed... happy.gif
justxsongs
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 04:49 AM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

Hello you Singaporean right?
We do have a Singapore thread, so feel free to ask us to meet u.
Some would gladly give u pointers.
Tml I going Dhoby Ghout to play. you like to join mii?

This post has been edited by justxsongs on Oct 22 2010, 04:50 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 05:00 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

DON'T EVER GIVE UP! your times are better than mine man!

sometimes i do complain about my skill and my time, but hey if this is a game, there must be pros right? i don't think you can improve much with grip style though, i tried drift and it cut down my time by 2 to 3 seconds... KEEP GOING! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

if you can't seem to cut down your time anymore, why not stop playing TA for awhile and play in-store battle or LotS?
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 22 2010, 07:54 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Thanks for the motivation guys. Anyway, yeah I'm Singaporean. I think I might be heading over to douby ghaut tomorrow to try it out again. Anyway, I just ran a 3'13"6XX on my AE86 that's 7-2-0-0-0 on my non online card. Still too slow. I think I need to run 3'11"XX to hit timings of 6 secs for akina.

Anyway, I would love to play in store battles but i guess I'll get pawned badly by all those pros out there.

This post has been edited by yakiniku on Oct 22 2010, 07:56 AM
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Oct 23 2010, 08:35 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

Managed to sneak a peek at your playing style, the general feeling that I have for now is that you haven't actually found your balance. Some corners, you braked too much, others, too little, etc etc. For a guy who's only spent 3 months at the game, I've have to say it's decent and normal to be facing this "wall" - ID5 is very much a perfectionist game and even cornering 1km/h too fast will have a "noticeable" effect on your "tires" (for lack of any better word to describe the physics of the game)

In any case, they're gathering at Dhoby Ghaut tomorrow afternoon. If you see this, do drop by and observe them (even better if you talk to them and ask them for a pointer here and there)

And don't worry, they don't bite.
yakiniku
  Posted: Oct 23 2010, 10:54 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (LancE.Ryousuke @ 2 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Managed to sneak a peek at your playing style, the general feeling that I have for now is that you haven't actually found your balance. Some corners, you braked too much, others, too little, etc etc. For a guy who's only spent 3 months at the game, I've have to say it's decent and normal to be facing this "wall" - ID5 is very much a perfectionist game and even cornering 1km/h too fast will have a "noticeable" effect on your "tires" (for lack of any better word to describe the physics of the game)

In any case, they're gathering at Dhoby Ghaut tomorrow afternoon. If you see this, do drop by and observe them (even better if you talk to them and ask them for a pointer here and there)

And don't worry, they don't bite.

I think you got that right! Like in myogi, the corners are all so wide that I'm not really sure what speed to take them at.

I'll see if I can make it tomorrow and probably head down to dbg to
Watch u guys.
Themac
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 02:04 AM

Team Usagi

Member No.: 35,619

all you gotta do is practice and it makes a difference. it took me awhile to understand boost. once you do you'll begin to improve time. do you guys drift a lot?
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 04:12 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (Themac @ 2 hours, 7 minutes ago)
all you gotta do is practice and it makes a difference. it took me awhile to understand boost. once you do you'll begin to improve time. do you guys drift a lot?

yeah i drift a lot, it's fun and it also cut down your time
•keL•
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 11:07 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

it's hard to find any new-comers putting in the effort to try and get better in D5 nowadays. what's your name in the game? i may or may not have seen you yet, but some tips are;

1) always follow the flow of the map and attack the corners from the outer lane to the inner lane using as little turn on the steering wheel as possible, don't EVER neglect the few kmph especially on straight roads.

2) always use the gutters provided whenever necessary, and you must keep in mind that speed of your car, lining, and NOT sticking-so-close-to-the-gutter-until-you-are-brushing-against-the-wall during the time you are in the gutter will also determine the timing.

3) lastly, just stay calm. panicking and getting confused won't get you anywhere faster.

im sure you have seen many of the video runs before, they chose their lining to the maps they are running respectively for a purpose, and im sure you know what the reason is by now. ;o

wow, so many words. hope it helps, hahah. xD

This post has been edited by •keL• on Nov 17 2010, 11:35 AM
Themac
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 11:44 AM

Team Usagi

Member No.: 35,619

drifting is good. just make sure its a full drift. if u mess up it kills ur time, what do you guys like in terms of steering stiffness? i use 0.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 03:22 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (Themac @ 3 hours, 38 minutes ago)
drifting is good. just make sure its a full drift. if u mess up it kills ur time, what do you guys like in terms of steering stiffness? i use 0.

i use 4, because i got so use to it that i won't change it anymore...
ishida
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 04:42 PM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

You guys actually change your steering stiffness? blink.gif lol i just stick to the normal 5....its good to feel the weight just like a real car...i might play around with 10 whistling.gif ....haha pinch2.gif
Icey
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 07:00 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 35,703

stay calm and find solutions on improving wink2.gif watch videos and slowly understand how's the cornering taken and others. good luck wink2.gif
DUCSKY88
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 07:50 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 36,644

Just keep playing until you see something new.
colombianpride23
  Posted: Nov 19 2010, 10:10 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,422

QUOTE (Icey @ Nov 17 2010, 07:00 PM)
stay calm and find solutions on improving wink2.gif watch videos and slowly understand how's the cornering taken and others. good luck wink2.gif

This is a great advise. Thats what I do. smile.gif

2 Pages  1 2