Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) Dave Rodgers - 1 Fire

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 132,422  ·  Replies: 315 
> Upcoming Anime Season Discussion, Discuss the upcoming anime season
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 8 2008, 08:32 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Well, worse comes to worse, there at least 2 more Key games that could get animated... The one I want to see animated and the one N1 wants to see animated.
awdrifter
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 07:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

Except for Clannad After Story and Biohazard Regeneration, nothing else (so far) in the next season interests me. Looks like I might have to catch up on some of the previous season's shows.
alamarco
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 08:03 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,132

Winter 09 Anime Season

Thoughts? Anything you guys plan to watch? Here goes my thoughts:

Asu no Yoichi - Sounds like a decent comedy. I'm waiting on AnimeYoshi so haven't seen any episodes yet.

Akikan! - The plot seemed like a bore, but I watched the first episode anyway. I wasn't impressed with the first episode, not a whole lot to offer. Only positive was Lelouch's voice actor. Was kind of odd to see him in a role of a pervert.

Maria+holic - Plan to watch. Got the first episode downloaded, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

White Album - My first shojo, and so far so good. Definitely the early winner of the Winter 09 season. The plot is really well crafted, and the main male character seems to have some issues. Though despite his issues the girls just keep coming to him.

Kurokami - Plan to watch, but no download yet.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - Doesn't look like it'll be a good one. It seems Lelouch's voice actor wasn't making good choices this Winter. He's found in this anime as an AI, and again the only positive. Only seen one episode, so we'll see how it goes.
gunmonic
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 10:57 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,292

When initial d stage 5 gonne be out man ???
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:12 AM

So any shows you guys are looking forward to coming out this season?

I'm particularly looking forward to the Valkyria Chronicles series, this other show called Shangri-La (it's going to be aired on CrunchyRoll) and Pandora Hearts.
outlaw-2
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:24 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

Eh? Valkyria Chronicles? You mean that Valkyria Chornicles, the PS3 game? If it is, then I'm definately gonna watch that one. Sad that I've yet to get a PS3 >_< to play the game itself.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:53 AM

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ 29 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Eh? Valkyria Chronicles? You mean that Valkyria Chornicles, the PS3 game? If it is, then I'm definately gonna watch that one. Sad that I've yet to get a PS3 >_< to play the game itself.

Yeah, Valkyria Chronicles the PS3 game.... which was awesome btw....
twitchykun
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:55 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

QUOTE (alamarco @ Jan 14 2009, 09:03 PM)
Winter 09 Anime Season

Thoughts? Anything you guys plan to watch? Here goes my thoughts:

Asu no Yoichi - Sounds like a decent comedy. I'm waiting on AnimeYoshi so haven't seen any episodes yet.

Akikan! - The plot seemed like a bore, but I watched the first episode anyway. I wasn't impressed with the first episode, not a whole lot to offer. Only positive was Lelouch's voice actor. Was kind of odd to see him in a role of a pervert.

Maria+holic - Plan to watch. Got the first episode downloaded, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

White Album - My first shojo, and so far so good. Definitely the early winner of the Winter 09 season. The plot is really well crafted, and the main male character seems to have some issues. Though despite his issues the girls just keep coming to him.

Kurokami - Plan to watch, but no download yet.

Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo - Doesn't look like it'll be a good one. It seems Lelouch's voice actor wasn't making good choices this Winter. He's found in this anime as an AI, and again the only positive. Only seen one episode, so we'll see how it goes.

Lulu doing an AI that's been bred on old anime? How can that NOT be awesome? I damn near sharted myself when he screamed "I CAN FLY!" (Eureka Seven shoutout)

As for Asu No Yoichi, it's got Ayame Ibuki, one of the rare nutbladder-busting GOD-TIER tsundere girls.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 07:07 AM

QUOTE (twitchykun @ 12 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
Lulu doing an AI that's been bred on old anime? How can that NOT be awesome? I damn near sharted myself when he screamed "I CAN FLY!" (Eureka Seven shoutout)

As for Asu No Yoichi, it's got Ayame Ibuki, one of the rare nutbladder-busting GOD-TIER tsundere girls.

Ha ha.... What's hilarious about Jun Fukuyama (guy who voices Lelouch and Leopard in SWKS) is that in one episode he actually says his own name... Also if you like his voice (and work as Lelouch) be sure to watch Valkyria Chronicles, twitchster...
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 01:14 PM

Darling, won't you ease my worried mind?

Member No.: 1,828

I really don't know anything about the upcoming season since I don't really follow general anime news. Are there any series' that you guys recommend that I . . . get a taste of? I'm tired of waiting until I hear good things about a show 3-4 episodes in and then having to play catch-up.

This post has been edited by Nappy Hared Azn on Mar 24 2009, 01:16 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 02:28 PM

outlaw-2
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:32 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Yesterday, 6:28 AM)
Just wanted to add this for outlaw:

http://www.valkyria-anime.com/special/movie/090324pv_m.html

Bozzy, ya just made me want to buy a PS3 just to play the game. >_< Now I'll have to be content with the anime. Sure looks good. Blame me for being such a war enthusiast, especially if it's anything related to the years 1900 till 1945
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 03:17 PM

Looks like Kyoto Animation is doing something not named Haruhi, Full Metal Panic or made by Key next:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...me.php?id=10562
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 04:02 PM

I hear it's going to be like Lucky Star in the sense that it's based on a 4koma about high school girls doing absolutely nothing. Wasn't a huge fan of Lucky Star, but this looks like it'll be worth watching.

Since this is also going to start airing in April, is it safe to assume that KyoAni's staff didn't have the time/manpower to mix extra episodes in with the Haruhi re-air? I honestly didn't expect them to do anything (I've gotten off of that train four stops ago), but I've always held on to a tiny sliver of hope.
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 03:28 PM

Anything looking good for the summer season? I don't really follow general anime news, so I have no idea what to look forward to.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 08:58 PM

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/06/24...r-2009-preview/

Canaan, Princess Lover, Sora no Manimani and Umineko no Naku Koro ni are the only ones I think are worth it... Umineko is another game created by the studio behind Higurashi and Canaan is based on a scenario written by I believe the founders of Type Moon (Fate Stay Night, Tsukihime).
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 01:32 AM

I know this is a pretty noob question, but can someone tell me when the fall anime season usually starts? Since most (big) American TV shows start during September, I was quickly going down the list of shows to start looking out for and whatnot, and it dawned on me that I have no idea when the fall anime season starts, and I'd kinda like to know what shows are coming out before they actually come out.
Sensation!
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 02:40 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

im looking forward to the second season of Darker than Black, which is scheduled to air sometime next month smile.gif

cant wait
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ 8 hours, 22 minutes ago)
I know this is a pretty noob question, but can someone tell me when the fall anime season usually starts? Since most (big) American TV shows start during September, I was quickly going down the list of shows to start looking out for and whatnot, and it dawned on me that I have no idea when the fall anime season starts, and I'd kinda like to know what shows are coming out before they actually come out.

I think it's October since most of the series that were a full season in length end around then (such as Valkyria Chronicles).
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 12:50 PM

Alright, thanks. I figured I'd just wait until the summer's 13 episode shows and the spring's 26 episode shows started finishing.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 09:13 PM

Are there any series you are looking forward to? I'm looking forward to only 2 (Kampfer and this other one whose name escapes me about an angel).
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 09:35 PM

Honestly, I really don't look forward to any shows unless they're sequels, remakes of a series that I enjoyed, or an anime adaptation of a game/manga/novel that I enjoyed; these are the only shows that I usually hear about before they air, anyway.

I basically watch the first few episodes of every new series and then decide what to continue watching after that.
Posted: Sep 7 2009, 02:27 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

so far the upcoming series doesnt catch too much of my interests, im going to follow akikan and nogizaka haruka. i know their not that great but i tend to folllow series ive seen before. i'll certainly follow InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen as ive seen that too. i'll probably give kampher a shot also. aside from those 4 i'll have to actually see 2-3 eps of other series to decide.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 09:48 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot that they're doing a second season of Nogizaka Haruka...
ac101
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 01:58 PM

i believe you have my stapler

Member No.: 15,562

only thing im interested for fall season is FAIRY TAILS....iunno...that was the only one that intrigued me

13 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »