Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,876  ·  Replies: 16 
> Manny Pacquiao makes a remark of gays, Gets dropped by Nike.
APX
  Posted: Feb 18 2016, 12:06 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

Manny Pacquiao has provoked a storm of controversy in his home country after saying people in same-sex relationships “are worse than animals”. The 37-year-old, who is running for a seat in the Philippines senate in May’s elections as a conservative Christian, made the remark in a video posted on local TV5’s election site.

“It’s common sense,” the eight times world champion, who later apologised, said. “Do you see animals mating with the same sex? Animals are better because they can distinguish male from female. If men mate with men and women mate with women they are worse than animals.”

Link to the full story.

Now, days later, Nike has dropped him after a petition went going around to have the company drop him.

But as the furor grew, Pacquiao posted an apology of sorts on Facebook on Tuesday.

“I'm sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals,” Pacquiao wrote. “Please forgive me for those I've hurt. I still stand on my belief that I'm against same sex marriage because of what the Bible says, but I'm not condemning LGBT. I love you all with the love of the Lord. God Bless you all and I'm praying for you.”

Story about it with Nike's dropping.

What sorta irks me about it is that he uses the bible (No offense to you bible thumpers), which is a fictional piece of stories and calls it 'the truth', making it seem like whatever he says is a fact.

laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

What are you thoughts about this little bit of news for the week? It's a bit amusing coming from over there, I know most will back him up on it because he's a boxing 'legend' in their eyes and what not, but saying something like that, where there is cameras everywhere (And better yet, he said it on a actual tv interview) is just saying 'fuck me over!' Much like the trump circus we're having here, i'm sure this is to spark his run for a seat at the senate
xiao
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 03:49 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Mayweather for the win...?? derp.gif

A'yup countries with a flagrant Catholic population tend to be quite homophobix~ most of it stems from lack of knowledge, cf. ignorance. I always thought Pacquie was from Mejiko...

Boxing ain't what it used to be since Rocky fought Dolph Lundgren though~ awesome.gif

As for the book of Jezzahhs; scientifically speaking it holds little to no factual information. Poetically speaking, it's a literary classic.

Although, to be honest I've always drawn my hope from art: drawings, music, languages, the joy of a steel frame between your legs thrusting you at 88 mph to the fringe of mortality, etc...

Speaking of bible & stuff, the Pope came to visit the border today... basically the whole city shut down and xiao couldn't get his custom Cirno license plates, since the dingbats that work for the city took the day off cause, OMG holy man cometh to sprinkle us with blessed confetti~ pinch2.gif

I have nothing against the current Popemanz, he looks like a nice guy, my only issue with him is... he basically has no ballz~ Cardinal Ratzinger wrote the 50 lbs Catechism, and John Paul 2 was a beast against the Nazis back in his day! But Francis is just... bleh~ has no fire inside him to make people change the idiocies of society like wars, the poor & imprisoned, and labour. He might as well be a statue and/or painting on the wall of a church, cause he doesn't have the guts to tell people the church they so care about, will stop caring about them if your god-damned city still tolerates vagabonds roaming the streets and repented men rotting in jail.

Pope needs balls.

As for Pac-man... meh, who cares about the opinion of an athlete~ they're not exactly role-models because of their IQ... zing! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 18 2016, 03:50 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 08:26 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Animals are better because they can distinguish male from female, huh? Nice try, Pacman. You'll have to use some other excuse to rationalize your homophobia.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 08:41 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I always knew there was something hiding under that "He's a better person than Mayweather" umbrella.
Wanadrift
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 09:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,761

Yet everyone hated smug Mayweather. Lets see if Manny gets as much hate now. Though since he was the loser I guess no one cares about him anymore.
xiao
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 09:57 PM

moon bunny

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...

Boxing just ain't what it used to be~ ♪
APX
  Posted: Feb 18 2016, 10:17 PM

I hate both boxers, just manny has more shit to eat since he's trying to be political and what not.
Yosuke
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 10:47 PM

Manly News Host

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,046

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 3:49 AM)
As for Pac-man... meh, who cares about the opinion of an athlete~ they're not exactly role-models because of their IQ... zing! tongue.gif

The reason why people jump on his opinion is because he is a congressman, now vying for Senator. Meaning his views actually hinder progression in the country because his vote is one of many that prevents things from being passed. Despite having the highest absentee rating in the gov't and whatnot.

He isn't trying to be political he -is- a politician. A terrible one, but still one.
xiao
Posted: Feb 18 2016, 11:50 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Yosuke @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
The reason why people jump on his opinion is because he is a congressman, now vying for Senator. Meaning his views actually hinder progression in the country because his vote is one of many that prevents things from being passed. Despite having the highest absentee rating in the gov't and whatnot.

He isn't trying to be political he -is- a politician. A terrible one, but still one.

My government teacher back in uni used to say, the word Politics is pretty much self explanatory...

Poly- a lot of... ticks. XD

I still say put a poor guy off the streets in office, whatever country we live in. Then just sit back and watch Joe Dirt make a heavenly kingdom of nothing but hookers & moonshine~ awesome.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 18 2016, 11:51 PM
Tessou
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 01:19 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

If teh bibble is the honest truth, the world would be a (more) terrible place.

- Economic slavery (not racial slavery).

- Violent executions for various offenses including lying about virginity, touching a mountain, worshipping anything that isn't the Christian God, rebelling against one's parents, criticizing a head of state, and breaking the Sabbath, among others.

- Homosexuality, and really any behavior considered deviant (by the Bible) and/or against nature and/or the eternally vague boogeyman that is "God's Plan", is wholly condemned to death.

- STOP EATING SHELLFISH YOU HEATHENS.

I could go on, but Cecilia is far better at this than I am, since she actually studied the fucking thing.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SgtXDNX
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 04:56 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

No blended fabrics, either. That's some ol' bullshit.
Cecilia
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 05:39 PM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Member No.: 31,385

One major lesson that was drilled into us while studying the Bible is that no man is to interpret it but allow the text to interpret itself. In order to do that, one must take into consideration the context, culture, literary devices, etc. (Some verses are similar and seem the same but there are minor details that distinguish it from the others. Some people mistake this for contradiction.) Anything that we misinterpret and share or evangelize, we Believers are held accountable for. By whom? Well, G-d, of course. Anyway, what I studied was constantly updated with new information stemming from new research and discoveries. Culture, customs and language was heavily researched and studied to gain as best an understanding of the behaviors and traditions of the people who lived during that time.
Do I believe G-d created the Earth in seven days? No. It took millions of years to look the way it does today. I'm not sure how to explain what I had learned in the studies as it's been nearly ten years...but if you're interested, I can put you in touch with people you can study with.😊

Edit: Here is an example of the differences between traditional beliefs and what G-d had inspired men to write. David Cross calls it the first recorded instance of the game 'Telephone'.
Most people are familiar with the depiction of three crosses atop Calvary (Golgotha) in pictures, Christian album covers, and church posters. Upon close inspection of the text speaking of the crucifixion, we learn that there were five, not three (assuming you believe in all this Judeo/Christian stuff). It would take much too long for me to type out an entire explanation for you, so here is one that I found. Click the link to learn more!

We Believers are kind of the outcasts of Christianity as we take a more logical approach (backed by physical evidence) to the faith, do not believe that Jesus himself was/is G-d incarnate, (neither do the Jehovah's), and believe certain things are possible which I won't bother to explain here. I can't explain what I myself don't quite understand.

Edit 2: TL;DR Manny should keep his religion to himself.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Feb 19 2016, 08:24 PM
xiao
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 07:40 PM

moon bunny

Indeed, no need to be scientific in my opinion; a mere study of world history is enough to debunk religion.

It's good to have hope and take the parameters of such teachings into practice, but faith is a tangible action, as is love. People fanaticize too much about the master power they believe in to an eerily scary fault, cf. ISIS/Crusades/Pre-WWII Japan Emperor is God/etc.

The bible/religion et al are poetic expressions of people's emotions in past centuries... for me art is more inspirational, and it takes a greater influence in my life's actions than what a guy in a robe on a podium says on Sundays~
Cecilia
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 08:15 PM

I hate religion. I grew up a Believer in G-d and have questioned and have been encouraged to question my faith. Religion is the opiate of the masses, I'm sure you've heard. I have a private faith that I prefer to keep to myself. If G-d is love and love is good, what else is there?

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Feb 19 2016, 08:15 PM
APX
  Posted: Feb 19 2016, 08:25 PM

I love Satan. <3
Or Lucifer, whatever people want to call it, the supreme light/energy.
But I also obey the laws of Satanism, since they are pretty much a 'manners' that old folks try to teach us.
xiao
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 08:53 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Cecilia @ 37 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
I hate religion. I grew up a Believer in G-d and have questioned and have been encouraged to question my faith. Religion is the opiate of the masses, I'm sure you've heard. I have a private faith that I prefer to keep to myself. If G-d is love and love is good, what else is there?

Indeed, very wise outlook!

My mom always told me, don't worry about church and whatnot... love is action and that's all that matters; the actions we do towards the people we care about~ happy.gif

@ APX: d'awww Satan wubz j00 too bortha~<3 laugh.gif
Cecilia
Posted: Feb 20 2016, 01:16 AM

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Indeed, very wise outlook!

My mom always told me, don't worry about church and whatnot... love is action and that's all that matters; the actions we do towards the people we care about~ happy.gif

@ APX: d'awww Satan wubz j00 too bortha~<3 laugh.gif

Well, the Bible teaches to love people you don't even care about. 😃

Now there is a challenge. Lol