Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Nuage - Shine

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 29,312  ·  Replies: 185 
> Initial D in tagalog?
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 10:35 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,751

QUOTE (gian7675 @ Today at 4:29 AM)
smiley_dc2: Hey! Your mom knows how to make taho? That's amazing smile.gif Btw, didn't you buy taho here during your brief visit to the Philippines?

Yeah my mom used to make it every now and then, but hasn't done so in a while. My sister can make it too, I should learn how to make it too!

And no, I didn't get to buy any while I was there.
gian7675
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 11:10 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,356

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Today at 10:35 AM)
Yeah my mom used to make it every now and then, but hasn't done so in a while. My sister can make it too, I should learn how to make it too!

And no, I didn't get to buy any while I was there.

Why weren't you able to buy some? No passing vendors of Taho?

The 86 is loud? Wow. There is also a replica here in the Philippines (hadn't seen it though) and nobody has mentioned that it's a loud car...probably not an exact replica though smile.gif
twitchykun
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 01:25 PM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

QUOTE (gian7675 @ Today at 9:29 AM)
twitchycum: actually bro, it can also read "Fuiwara Tokwa Delivery" More cheap! laugh.gif

smiley_dc2: Hey! Your mom knows how to make taho? That's amazing smile.gif Btw, didn't you buy taho here during your brief visit to the Philippines?

I had some taho as well. Creamy.

The roads in Bohol and Kalibo are totally Initial D-worthy. When i was on those tour buses, I so wanted my DC5. Those curves and drops were begging to be driven on.
boogiecat
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 11:10 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,928

QUOTE (khaos_fc @ Jan 10 2007, 12:05 AM)
haha!! seriously they should have chose another voice actress for kyoko.... oh well, there's nothing we could do now... dry.gif but having initial d in philippines would probably set new trends here.... c'mon, drifting is already starting to gain popularity here!! grin2.gif

Actually Angel Locsin(Kyoko Iwase's first dubber) decided to leave the dubbing duties to another dubber cause she's busy on her show,the dubber that replaced her was a legit dubber(her name was Klarizz).Keisuke's dubber in the Animax taglish version is also a dubber in animes like Chrono Crusade and Rockman EXE(i forgot the name of that dubber).

The reason why Animax decided to use taglish dubs on Initial D 4th Stage cause they used this one to shake or tease Hero TV's launch in October 2005 and use it as a promotional gimmick(think FHM...)..Today Initial D animes on Animax are in english sadly the dubs was horrible than the taglish version according to some fans..

I've heard that the tagalized version of Initial D will be aired very soon on QTV 11 in the Philippines but this time it will be dubbed by the same group who handled Slam Dunk and Peacemaker...
gian7675
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 06:28 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (boogiecat @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM)
Actually Angel Locsin(Kyoko Iwase's first dubber) decided to leave the dubbing duties to another dubber cause she's busy on her show,the dubber that replaced her was a legit dubber(her name was Klarizz).Keisuke's dubber in the Animax taglish version is also a dubber in animes like Chrono Crusade and Rockman EXE(i forgot the name of that dubber).

The reason why Animax decided to use taglish dubs on Initial D 4th Stage cause they used this one to shake or tease Hero TV's launch in October 2005 and use it as a promotional gimmick(think FHM...)..Today Initial D animes on Animax are in english sadly the dubs was horrible than the taglish version according to some fans..

I've heard that the tagalized version of Initial D will be aired very soon on QTV 11 in the Philippines but this time it will be dubbed by the same group who handled Slam Dunk and Peacemaker...

So only Project D will be Tagalized by QTV 11?
khaos_fc
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 02:32 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,129

whoa..... thanks for so much info there!!! but.... still.... i would not like to hear that... it will like disappoint me more..... anyway, having hear takumi shout "TAHO!!!" out loud is so funny!! grin2.gif yes, i love taho and its healthy!!
sg_c_paulo
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:12 AM

IDW's Stone-faced Samurai

Member No.: 18,699

lol to that one!

Takumi: TAHOOO!!!

Imagine him in his sleepy manner.
boogiecat
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:57 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 22,928

I think they will still use the word Tofu not Taho...That dubbing group wasn't that idiot(they will start dubbing the series in a couple of months)..The Philippine TV airing rights of Initial D live action movie is now owned by ABS-CBN 2.I think after the whole Initial D anime series aired on QTV 11 they will start transfering the anime to Hero TV.To be honest Animax ruined the whole Initial D series...

This post has been edited by boogiecat on Jan 24 2007, 09:00 PM
sg_c_paulo
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 12:35 AM

IDW's Stone-faced Samurai

Member No.: 18,699

QUOTE (boogiecat @ Yesterday at 8:57 PM)
I think they will still use the word Tofu not Taho...That dubbing group wasn't that idiot(they will start dubbing the series in a couple of months)..The Philippine TV airing rights of Initial D live action movie is now owned by ABS-CBN 2.I think after the whole Initial D anime series aired on QTV 11 they will start transfering the anime to Hero TV.To be honest Animax ruined the whole Initial D series...

Spoilsport dry.gif

We were only having fun with the idea, no need to be serious about it.
gian7675
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 02:59 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (boogiecat @ Yesterday at 8:57 PM)

Yup boogiecat, I never said that they'll translate "Tofu" into "Taho" in my post. wink2.gif

Anyway, it's kind of weird seeing Anime's from QTV suddenly being aired in HeroTV. and vice versa. I wonder what's the arrangement with both Hero and QTV. One example is Last Exile.

Manu
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 11:45 PM

Nagoya's Galaxy Express

Member No.: 21,755

sounds wierd if you will hear takumi shouts TAHO!!! or much worst while his on a race he offered tofu to the oppenent happy.gif
DamienWolf
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 11:37 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

I think it would be funnier if they tagalized the live action movie. tongue.gif
gian7675
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 03:29 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 11:37 AM)
I think it would be funnier if they tagalized the live action movie. tongue.gif

Now that you mentioned it...didn't they Tagalized it like Shaolin Soccer? wink2.gif

I thought they Tagalized it smile.gif
Di3S3L
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 08:27 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 22,144

oh god, I want to see this. And yeah, it's actually more like tokwa but since the tofu takumi delivers is more like taho, it would be funny to call takumi a "mantataho". yucky.gif it doesn't suit him.
Manu
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 04:01 AM

Nagoya's Galaxy Express

sounds weird if they changed the word "Mount" into "Bundok" hahahaha LOLZ Bundok akina or Bundok akagi
twitchykun
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 11:36 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

Bundok Akina...

I kinda like the sound of it. And i could go for a creamy Taho right now.

So i guess the towns would become Barangays, right? Wait, is that the plural of Barangay? Or is it Barangii?
DamienWolf
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 11:39 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Nope. Plural is Barangays. You Filipino too, twitchy?
dorunrunrun012
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 03:39 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,277

Pare, sisig, taho... hilarious lol. w00t2.gif
aiman15
Posted: Apr 1 2007, 02:22 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 23,821

Hillarious or not. It is still other people's language n we have to respect it.

Sometimes i feel the dub is not suitable n it is better in subtitles.

In Malaysia, at least one version was OK but still weird.

they called TAkumi = Tok Hoi

The now version in Malaysia is crazy.

Takumi is Tok Hai

I was WTF !?

Mostly, in malaysia when we dub cartoons the Japanese name (or any name) will always be the same but this time is MAD.
mark4000
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 09:14 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

OMG. Being a Filipino myself, I just can't help but ROFLMAO at this thread.

Fujiwara Taho Delivery

LOL!

Anyways, I feel VERY BAD that Animax treated 4th Stage as nothing more than a teaser to HERO TV. It's so offending to me for some reason. Even the English dubbing of 1st stage sucked!

I have to admit though. I actually kept saying "WTF?!" and LMAO during the entire time I was watching the very first episode of 4th stage.

BTW. A triple LOL to "Bundok Akina"! laugh.gif

If you ask most people here in the Philippines what's the first thing that comes to their mind when they combine "Initial D" and "Philippines" together, they'll usually say "Baguio". LOL
Chidoki
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 09:22 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (mark4000 @ Today at 9:14 AM)
If you ask most people here in the Philippines what's the first thing that comes to their mind when they combine "Initial D" and "Philippines" together, they'll usually say "Baguio". LOL

I haven't even been to the P.I. since '94 and the first thing that also came up to my mind already about Initial D and P.I. is Baguio...like minds. grin2.gif
deanne
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 12:20 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 21,182

Drifting in Marcos highway? Hmmmm.... dry.gif
kamyuz
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 02:05 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,693

Yeah, it's totally sad that they had to dub 4th Stage. If you guys are complaining about Angel's version of Kyoko, what about Takumi? Matteo however-you-spell-his-lastname was even more horrible. Although, it kinda made me what to hear him say, "Oras na para magdeliver ng taho." But I'm pretty sure they said tofu.
Manu
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 02:36 AM

Nagoya's Galaxy Express

^yeah sounds wierd but what can we do its our national language though im proud to be a pinoy laugh.gif laugh.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 05:57 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

well maybe... if hero tv made its debut on the air much much earlier, then it probably would have beaten out animax for the cable rights to air the initial d series... and maybe (just maybe), the dubbing would have been much better (and in straight filipino/tagalog of course)... ok, for me, matteo guidicelli did exert some effort to hone his tagalog-speaking skills throughout the 24 eps of ID 4th stage and angel locsin (a celeb. crush of mine) did fine in her role, but still it might have been better had hero tv beat animax to the cable rights...

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 »