Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,616  ·  Replies: 3 
> Iketani and Mako, What would you do?
umustwait101
  Posted: Jan 24 2018, 10:41 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

I just re-watched episode 16 of Initial D First Stage, and the moment that Iketani realized Mako was the driver of the Sileighty, the fastest on Usui, and Mako realized Iketani had that realization, it had me cringing and shifting in my seat uncomfortably.

My question to all you wise and experienced members of IDW is: is there any way to reconcile these two? To me, it seemed that these two had a good start, and it could've blossomed into a long-term relationship. Unfortunately, the wrench was that Mako was a better street racer than Iketani; and this is a subject that both people cared intensely about.

As a man, I take pride in doing things well, especially the things that I care about. If I were to meet a woman who puts me to shame, is there any way to make the relationship work? I would like to think that there is a way, and that I didn't have to be better at what I take pride in than the lady to be able to make the relationship work.

Is this only a matter of pride, or is there something else to it? Sometimes, I think that women tend to wish their man was better than them at doing things, in which case, there wouldn't be a way for the relationship to go on.

Of course, the obvious answer is that if Iketani got better than Mako. Unfortunately, in the real world, there are limitations set by the equipment you're born with. Even with a lot of practice, it is hard to beat someone with natural talent, much less someone with talent who also practices.

So, any ideas how this could've worked out?
xiao
Posted: Jan 25 2018, 02:50 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
★ Initial D First Stage:episode 16

It seems to me the problem was that Iketani-senpai was too stoic when Mako offered herself to him .. as a trap-girl I want my boyfriend to be good @ things .. but not in a competitive way. But because we're a team, and if one of us succeeds, the other can pull the other person up like a ladder & we can become better individuals by rubbing away our imperfections ~ in our close circle of two

That's how boy bands improve at dancing and singing .. not by competing with each other but by scrubbing away the blemishes we can't see in ourselves, and see how our team-mates do it better. But they all still sleep & play under the same roof .. I think Iketani-senpai was a bit too chivalrous to a fault ~ he was too hard on himself sweatingbullets.gif

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 25 2018, 08:12 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

You realize Mako genuinely wanted to go on that date with Iketani despite the awkward gap in their racing ability right?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2018, 03:27 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

ditto ~ the problem was all in Iketani's head.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums