Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Cody - Fighting!

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 535,064  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Alastair
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 07:03 PM

SNTS

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,312

I gotta get to sleep, flight at 5am. :/
Spaz
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:11 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Mazda ina Ford guy @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Why does "Flammable" and "Inflammable" mean the same thing?

Because Latin.

Can't wait for the Sonic meet tomorrow. Wednesday needs to happen more than once a week.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 12:56 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Wondering if I should make a new ava/sig combo after becoming a mod. biggrin.gif
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:43 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

QUOTE (APX @ 3 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Wondering if I should make a new ava/sig combo after becoming a mod. biggrin.gif

I need a sweet Av too.

I wonder if this coffee will be healthy for me if I drink it black.
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:36 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I love Mass Effect 3, but I hate the way the "emotional" dialog scenes work out. Why did I go through all the trouble of staying faithful to Liara throughout three games, only to get rewarded with a 2-second unemotional declaration of courtship?

Seriously. Read this next bit as deadpan as possible, and you'll still sound better than the actual scene.

Liara: I'd like things to stay this way, as good friends.
Shepard: I want to be more than friends, Liara.
Liara: Interesting, since I was thinking the same thing.
Shepard: I know. (embrace)

*END SCENE*

This is AFTER we had a much more interesting encounter in her office about an hour earlier. The payoff for avoiding the charms of Kelly, Miranda and Tali was absolutely nothing. Granted, there will probably be a sex scene before the final mission (par for the course in Mass Effect), but the confession scene was just awful.

user posted image
He should be banging his head against the glass.

And I thought the Reapers would be the biggest threat to the galaxy, not bad acting!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:46 AM

Group Icon

I love how video games have come so far now that they can be criticized for containing bad acting. Look out, Hollywood.
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:00 AM

Group Icon

A lot about Mass Effect 3 leaves me wondering what the hell Bioware was talking about when hyping the game.

The gameplay is fantastic to the point of almost being perfect. The story itself is great, despite the issues with the ending.

The problem comes with any scene designed to be emotional and personal to the player who has worked hard to get where he/she is. I'm at the point of just not responding to Miranda's calls about her sister, because they all end up the same way: Shepard wants to help, Miranda pushes Shepard away, call ends. A lot of the big moments the player has geared up for end up flaccid, without a decent payoff.

I mean, come on. Harbinger was touted to be the big evil bad guy at the end of Mass Effect 2, and he ends up showing himself in a very brief scene near the end of 3, without a single speaking line throughout the game. He had some really great, deep lines in 2. I mean, who can ever forget "Assuming Direct Control"?

----

Maybe it's just the caffeine talking. I'm double barrel shotgunning Mountain Dew Voltage and Code Red right now.

I must be the only Star Wars fan on the planet that took this joke well. Star Wars Kinect has apparently alienated a ton of Star Wars fans, saying that the franchise is dead, Lucas is a retard, the Empire won, etc. I think any example of Lucasfilm making fun of their own franchise is a good thing.

YOUTUBE ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI )

Lando's got the mooOOOooves like Jagger.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:29 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Sounds weird, but I'm proud to say I have never bought a single pack of cigarettes, cigarillos on the other hand. Well, let's say I've bought my fair share since I turned 18.
APX
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:56 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Played Battlefield 3 since the update, and I hate what they did to the MAV, it can take locked on missiles from jets, but after roadkilling a noob, it explodes. sad.gif

Oh well, I made a awesome ava/sig for me.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:08 PM

The Watcher

Only real thing that annoyed me about the update, NO MORE MAV ELEVATOR. I used to use it so much. crying2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:28 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I wonder if there are members on the forums who are younger than me. I also wonder if there were any prominent female members before my time (silly question, but I never got a straight answer from anyone about it).
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:31 PM

The Watcher

The only other female I've recognized on the forums is Kylie_FD3S.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:35 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Yes, Kylie is before Honda's time, as well as Kiwi, Cecilia, Paula and one other member whose username I seem to have forgotten (forgive me!) but she was even before my time, so yeah, heh. As I recall, her signature featured an image of Vanilla Ice's face with the text "word to your mother" with it.
As for members younger than you, I am 18, and "Lombo", who goes by some other jumble of numbers and letters here is (I believe) 16.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Apr 4 2012, 10:38 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:42 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 6 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
Yes, Kylie is before Honda's time, as well as Kiwi, Cecilia, Paula and one other member whose username I seem to have forgotten (forgive me!) but she was even before my time, so yeah, heh.
As for members younger than you, I am 18, and "Lombo", who goes by some other jumble of numbers and letters here is (I believe) 16.

Spinnee is another prominent female on the forums right? I've seen her pop in a few months ago to post on Perry's AMA thread. But other than Kylie, Cecilia, kou, and I; where are all the girls on the forums? Did all you guys scare them away?

In terms of young members, I know we have a few people born in '93. I'm a '92 kid myself, but I'm sure that all you guys knew that already. Anyways, who is this "Lombo" person that you speak of? Does he post here often?
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 11:01 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 19 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Spinnee is another prominent female on the forums right? I've seen her pop in a few months ago to post on Perry's AMA thread. But other than Kylie, Cecilia, kou, and I; where are all the girls on the forums? Did all you guys scare them away?

Ah yes, Spinnee was the unknown female member I was describing. Sorry for forgetting about you, Kou! You don't post as often as you used to, so I tend to remember you by your real name more often, now. Kylie's been off due to personal stuff, apparently, and Cecilia probably just hasn't got much to post about, but I can't speak for her. I'm certain no one scared her off, though, she's together with our Dear Leader, is she not? Doesn't that make her Queen Ruler Supreme of IDW?

QUOTE (Honda)
Anyways,

"Anyways" was never a word, please refrain from using it (common grammatical error.) Proper form is simply "anyway."[/grammarnazi]

QUOTE (Honda)
who is this "Lombo" person that you speak of? Does he post here often?

I found his profile. He doesn't post too much, but he's as new as you are, I think. I got to know him a little on IRC, but he's hardly online at all anymore due to college.

https://idforums.net/index.php?showuser=37471
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:42 AM

The Watcher

AC: Revelations only $20 at GameStop. I wish I had $29 to spend. pinch2.gif

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on Apr 5 2012, 02:43 AM
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:50 AM

Group Icon

The ups and downs of running IDW are incredibly close to what the President is going through. I both love and hate it to death.

Funny enough, I made note to the mod team a few days ago that "eventually, you guys will be called a tyrant, dictator or worse by a member offended by one of your choices." I'm used to that kind of treatment by now, but I'm wondering how the team is taking it. Being a public figure isn't at all what it's cracked up to be. No wonder Perry grew tired of it! laugh.gif
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:33 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 8 hours, 4 minutes ago)
Sounds weird, but I'm proud to say I have never bought a single pack of cigarettes, cigarillos on the other hand. Well, let's say I've bought my fair share since I turned 18.

I smoke grape bullseyes in the summer.

I don't know why but I just look damn cool leaning against my car while doing it.
logan510
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:54 AM

Trolling the 1%

Member No.: 5,831

It's fun to watch n00bs talk about the history of IDW smile.gif

Casey
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:23 AM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (kyonpalm)
QUOTE (me!)
Anyways,

"Anyways" was never a word, please refrain from using it (common grammatical error.) Proper form is simply "anyway."[/grammarnazi]

Sorry. I always say 'anyways' when I speak. It's become a really bad habit for me, almost like that time a few years ago when I used to say 'like' at the beginning of all my sentences. Those were dark times... Thanks for pointing that out kyon! I need to make an effort to speak better English, anyone who's talked with me over the phone or skype can agree with me there.

Moving on with this topic, who is this Kiwi person that you speak of? I think I may have seen her post once or twice, but she seems very enigmatic. How would IDW look if we had an even ratio of guys to girls?
Spaz
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:28 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Funny enough, I made note to the mod team a few days ago that "eventually, you guys will be called a tyrant, dictator or worse by a member offended by one of your choices." I'm used to that kind of treatment by now, but I'm wondering how the team is taking it. Being a public figure isn't at all what it's cracked up to be. No wonder Perry grew tired of it! laugh.gif

You know it won't bother me, I do what I want and don't give two shits about other people's reactions to it.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:41 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (logan510 @ 1 hour, 47 minutes ago)
It's fun to watch n00bs talk about the history of IDW  smile.gif

Casey

Sure is! I always was interested in the old days when I was green, so I ended up doing a lot of research. As a result, I know more about IDW than some people who've been around longer than myself.
I'll tell you what's not fun, that's watching "OGs" pretend they're better than "n00bs" in all those "old times" threads where the newbies are just trying to learn some more about this site's history...

Honda, here is her profile. She had something to do with Perry, but it's personal, so I won't delve into it here.

https://idforums.net/index.php?showuser=1013

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Apr 5 2012, 06:46 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:47 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Woah, glad to see Perry's name shows up like this again! This deserves its own post. smile.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 5 2012, 07:44 AM

Group Icon

It would be foolish for me to leave him as a regular member after everything he's done. Remember, he's the guy that built this place. It's only natural that I allow him to maintain it.

Consider him my VP. He's not going anywhere. smile.gif

---

I got latex paint all over my hand in a truly slapstick moment, as I didn't realize that our scut detail folks were painting the walls of one of our offices in the command building. I was talking to an SNCO and casually put my hand on the wall, and found out that the wall was rather wet...
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 08:25 AM

The Watcher

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 3 hours, 52 minutes ago)
I smoke grape bullseyes in the summer.

I don't know why but I just look damn cool leaning against my car while doing it.

I prefer Original Black & Mild Wood-Tips, and I wish I had my own car to look cool in front of. sad.gif

447 Pages  1 2 3 4 »