Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.2) Mako & Sayuki - Wings of Fire (TV-Size)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,262  ·  Replies: 6 
> Video capture help, well..kinda..someone help me?
Tai-Mai-Shu
  Posted: Jun 27 2003, 02:45 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

I'm trying to gather images from an anime called "GADGUARD" to create a blog layout but the anime is so new that no fansites are up yet and I can't find any images from anywhere (it was aired on April of this year in Japan and I believe it's still running).

So I want to try and capture still images from the episodes of this anime. However, I can't find any program that does this. I know some downloadable VCD players have a built in function like this. For example, I remembered QuickVCD could capture still images but I lost that file.

I've even tried SnagIt but this stupid program won't even work properly with capturing images from media files.

So is it possible or what? Can I do this?
Indecisive
Posted: Jun 28 2003, 02:36 PM

the deranged one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 34

doesn't your video card have to have video capture capabilities???

if it does won't just doing a screenshot when you're watching it work? iono..that's what i thot. I know if your video card doesn't have video capture capabilities then when you do a screenshot of a playing video it'll just be black.
SuperMazdaKart
Posted: Jul 5 2003, 06:00 PM

Button-masher

Member No.: 242

The reason why a screenshot turns up black is because of the video hardware acceleration of the videocard. If you turn it off (desktop, my computer - properties, performance, graphics - none) you can then take screenshots with the "PrintScreenSysRq" key & then paste it in a digital picture editing program.

Could just use PowerDVD since that has a screenshooting feature thats easy to use or even VirtualDub.
temple
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 01:22 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 661

Like RENESIS I would say PowerDVD is very easy to get captures from, you can get captures from mpeg, avi, DVD.....if it will play it you can get a capture from it.
Insidious
Posted: Sep 7 2003, 01:16 AM

the psychotic one

Member No.: 666

I'm sure you don't need anymore help, but...

Part of the problem of the Print Scrn button being ineffective in taking screenshots of videos has to do with layers. There's a simple way of curbing this problem. Just open up a dummy video file, in a different program, like quicktime or something. Leave it running and open the file you want to take a screenshot of in WMP.

Using this method would take care of the layering problem, and should be able to allow you to take screenshots of the video image. Hopefully, it won't come out as a black image either.

Indecisive
Posted: Sep 8 2003, 05:53 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (kamui @ Sep 8 2003, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Insidious @ Sep 7 2003, 01:14 AM)
I'm sure you don't need anymore help, but...

Part of the problem of the Print Scrn button being ineffective in taking screenshots of videos has to do with layers.  There's a simple way of curbing this problem.  Just open up a dummy video file, in a different program, like quicktime or something.  Leave it running and open the file you want to take a screenshot of in WMP.

Using this method would take care of the layering problem, and should be able to allow you to take screenshots of the video image.  Hopefully, it won't come out as a black image either.

Here's an idea...for you and you specifically:

*If you have something more to add, use the edit button as opposed to double posting.
*If you are going to post at all, make it a little more meaningful than a freaking emoticon or expression. THINK!
*If you want to talk about a different subject that is irrelevant to the topic at hand, try taking it to a different thread.
*If you want to talk to a member about a completely different topic, PM the other member. I rather not read your silly love letters that don't involve myself.

That is all for you now... And it's a damn shame that you don't even seem to know who you are.

who would that be too ?

Kamui.....Post count -10

this is crap.

Additional Post by Insidious: kamui, there was no point in deleting your posts after being quoted by Indy.
Kev
Posted: Sep 8 2003, 06:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

you could always pm him and ask him personally.