Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - cafe ROZA--for Johnny & Mary--

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 61,112  ·  Replies: 136 
> Drift Techniques
teknoman
    Posted: Dec 3 2002, 09:38 AM

Unregistered

Say you guys I to this website which can tell you what is a drift?, which cars can do a drift? & they also have a special school for drifting. Here check this website out & find out yourself http://velocity.isfaster.com/drift/drift.htm I'm sure this can give you more details. And tell me what you guys think?
karasac
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 09:52 AM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!

i lost the link to this site and ive been looking for it a loooong time. the guys at velocity changed the site and removed this part of site but i guess its still up.

now if u all go to the overview section they'll tell u y FF's cant drift, and these guy r based in japan and have been drifting for a loong time so they know what they're talking about.
tofu boy
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 08:14 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

thats a great site, makes me want to buy a ticket and fly to japan right now
bunta_boi
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 08:47 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

they mention the 86 plenty of times....is it because of initial d? or is initial d based on lotsa ppl choosing 86's?
karasac
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 09:02 PM

Rotary Disciple

that site was made before Initial D came out, the 86 was probably choosen cuz compared to the cars today its underpowerd and initial d is about the underdog winning against all odds, u cant get anymore underdog than a 20 year old car(well 13 years old when initial d was made). and yes, a lot of people do use the 86 to drift.
bunta_boi
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 05:25 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

dang karasac, u always answer most of my questions! lol juss wanted to say thanks you man! cus of you, i can go out and brag to ppl that i kno everything muahaha rolleyes.gif
karasac
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 06:16 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (bunta_boi @ Dec 4 2002, 05:25 PM)
dang karasac, u always answer most of my questions! lol juss wanted to say thanks you man!

no problemo, thats what im here for.

cus of you, i can go out and brag to ppl that i kno everything muahaha  :rolleyes:

LOL, no man, only i know everything, jk biggrin.gif

it is said, the beginning of wisdom is the statement "i do not know"

oops ,im just rambling now happy.gif

Neo Vash
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 06:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 98

Karasac, you do know alot. But thier are somethings that i think you are just wrong about. For instense that FF can not drift. I have a little thing that says they can and how they can. Iam going to type it up then copy it into a post so that you can see it and read it for yourself.
karasac
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 06:37 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (Neo Vash @ Dec 4 2002, 06:21 PM)
Karasac, you do know alot. But thier are somethings that i think you are just wrong about. For instense that FF can not drift. I have a little thing that says they can and how they can. Iam going to type it up then copy it into a post so that you can see it and read it for yourself.

i look forward to reading it, but before u post it did u read what those guys said on the site thats linked up above?
Kyo
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 06:57 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 57

yea.. i did... they said physics law won't allow it.. which i dun think so.. (btw, whose physics law is this? I study physics in school too.. it's just a matter of force redistribution, change of force or to be simple, change of energy)

I told u b4 that i am having a hard time learning how to drift FF car after selling my souped up AE71.

But I realize that FF cars hv no prob in doing the Fish-tailling and U-turn drift.. just a matter of time to get used to the braking function of the car.. and the correct timing when to "throw/Lift off" ur car..

I think it's just a matter of terminology.. Some ppl dun like it to be called "drift", they called it "ass dragging"

Maybe they will run an episode of Initial D showing takumi drifting with a FF car.. who know?
smile.gif

karasac
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 10:38 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (cheevoon @ Dec 4 2002, 06:57 PM)
yea.. i did... they said physics law won't allow it.. which i dun think so..

ok u read the first sentence, but did u read the rest of the paragraph?
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 4 2002, 11:41 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 101

QUOTE (cheevoon @ Dec 4 2002, 06:57 PM)
But I realize that FF cars hv no prob in doing the Fish-tailling and U-turn drift.. just a matter of time to get used to the braking function of the car.. and the correct timing when to "throw/Lift off" ur car..

I think it's just a matter of terminology.. Some ppl dun like it to be called "drift", they called it "ass dragging"

Maybe they will run an episode of Initial D showing takumi drifting with a FF car.. who know?
smile.gif

That's true, I don't disagree at all that FF cars are good at taking U-turns or non-tightening turns, and by all intents and purposes and the way the car looks, it could be drifting.

I think the difference truly shows in corners that aren't consistently the same arc all the way through, or through multiple strings of corners.

If a corner's tightening, an FF car doesn't allow you to open the throttle more to push the rear of the car closer to the center and tighten the drift. Opening the throttle if anything would cause an FF car to straighten out in the direction it's pointed (unless you go beyond the absolute grip of the tires, where then the tires will just be skidding with no grip whatsoever, so you'll just go straight off a cliff/into a guardrail).

I don't know if I'm making sense, but yeah. I've seen a lot of "fishtailing" FF cars, but never saw one take an open long corner that tightens at the apex.

Alex
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
]{aya
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 06:46 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (bunta_boi @ Dec 3 2002, 08:47 PM)
they mention the 86 plenty of times....is it because of initial d? or is initial d based on lotsa ppl choosing 86's?

well ...initial D caused a "boost" of popularity in the past few years for the 86
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 5 2002, 07:33 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 101

It caused a boost in popularity because everyone wants to drive around like Takumi. But the drivers in Japan and the few in the United States knew of the 86 well before then because of Keiichi Tsuchiya. It'd be kinda cool to own an 86 since it's a great car, but it's kind of like jumping on the bandwagon at this point.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
teknoman
    Posted: Dec 6 2002, 03:49 PM

Unregistered

Hey you guys I found another website check this out http://www.driftsession.com/ this website has everything including a drift session in Hawaii also there's going to another drift session next year 2003 at the Hawaii Raceway Park anybody here who's intrested in a drift go to this website for more information.
Indecisive
Posted: Dec 6 2002, 04:07 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

okay..I'm gonna make this a sticky cuz it's got lotsa relevant info.
teknoman
  Posted: Dec 8 2002, 10:58 AM

Unregistered

hey you guys I found a couple of websites for you check out http://www.davescholz.com/ it has Drifting pictures, videos, and information, all original content! & also check this site out http://www.vipersgarage.net/ this one has a drift video, also check the following websites out:

http://www.dailyf1.com/en/index.shtml

http://www.sileightymania.com/

http://importcar.bizland.com/

http://patriot.net/%7Emerritt/index.shtml

http://www.djelektrique.com/

the following websites gives more detalils on drifting I hope this helps.

killerenergy
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 04:22 AM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

Hey speaking of the AE86, anyone know where to get one?
Bandwagons, ehh, well I'll say the since everyone thinks it's a bandwagon thing to do newbie drivers like me aren't gonna get one so, me getting one is technicly unbandwagon. No? ok...
Jayson
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 10:26 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

the answer is B
karasac
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 03:24 PM

Rotary Disciple

is that ur final answer?

p.s.
killenergy, try autotrader.com
Jayson
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 04:00 PM

false
Chamber
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 05:13 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 145

I wouldnt ever want an 86 corolla =\

because, as cool as it was in initial D, its still an 86 corolla.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 06:50 PM

You have to look at the 86 for what it can do
Chamber
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 07:21 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 145

and it can......

accelerate slowly?
Jayson
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 07:37 PM

it can move, it's agile (sp?), and it's light as hell. And I've heard of some crazy swaps peeps are doing

6 Pages  1 2 3 »