Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,150  ·  Replies: 17 
> stage 4???
Bobsolo
    Posted: Nov 19 2002, 02:54 PM

Unregistered

I recently read on a message board that stage 4 has been cancelled? Is this true? If it is, I think the U.S. should threaten Japan with nuclear war until they agree to make it.
karasac
Posted: Nov 19 2002, 05:50 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

woah woah woah....now which board did u read this on?
  Posted: Nov 19 2002, 06:54 PM

Unregistered

actually it was an anime review of the movie. The guy said something like, "...since they decided to can the fourth stage...."

Is it true???? blink.gif
karasac
Posted: Nov 19 2002, 06:58 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

ok ok ok...anyone that can understand japanese needs to go email avex and ask them directly. we're not gonna get anywhere with rumors.

vtecstyl3z
Posted: Nov 19 2002, 07:12 PM

United States Marine Corps

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Bobsolo @ Nov 19 2002, 02:54 PM)
I recently read on a message board that stage 4 has been cancelled? Is this true? If it is, I think the U.S. should threaten Japan with nuclear war until they agree to make it.

hahahahahah

OMFG.. funny shit.
Bobsolo
  Posted: Nov 20 2002, 05:33 PM

Unregistered

LOL i thought it was pretty funny when i wrote it too. Yah. Someone get your chubby fingers writing some Japanese to Avex, before I pull an Osama Bin Ladan on em.
Crono
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 06:32 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

okay, that was kinda lame

tip: if someone says your funny, dont try to act funny again tongue.gif
Shark
Posted: Nov 21 2002, 05:05 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52

recently read on a message board that stage 4 has been cancelled

I want to see links to every message board and/or review you guys have seen stating such things. That shouldn't be so hard, should it? smile.gif

Personally, I've been searching a bit, but information on the state of the 4th stage anime is scarce and unreliable at best :-/

This is the best I could find, and that is from approximately six months ago...
Scroll down to "5-29-02---- Initial D 4th Stage News From Feature In Super Street"

It states that "noteworthy news in the article includes a line which alludes that the true continuation in the story with the 4th stage (next movie, OVA or TV series) will be produced although not for some time."

And that doesn't tell us if 4th stage has been cancelled since then...

irmscher
  Posted: Nov 23 2002, 01:02 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 108

hello!

i live in the philippines and a friend of mine was able to get stage 4. it was in vhs format and it was not yet subtitled... i don't know if he is pulling my leg or sumthing.... but i would let you know if i got my hands on a copy...

Perry
Posted: Nov 23 2002, 03:51 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Once again, Stage 4 is not out yet. Even if it's out, I think it should be named Third Stage. (The Movie does not count as a season, it's just a movie, unlike First Stage and Second Stage, they are series of episodes. That's probably the reason why they called it Third Stage The Movie, instead of just Third Stage.)

I think your friend is referring to Battle Stage. Many people confused, and thought Battle Stage is Stage 4.

Check out the official Initial D site (Japanese) for the most accurate information about Initial D.

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/avexmode/animatio...al/initial.html
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Bobsolo
  Posted: Nov 23 2002, 04:34 PM

Unregistered

Sry....i can't find the review link nemore. I thought it was at animeacademy.com but i went back there but couldn't find it. Maybe i didnt' read thoroughly enough. I'm sure i saw it some anime review tho.

My biggest question, however, is how come all these fags give initial D bad reviews? It's the titest anime in the world. All those other dumbasses should realize that they're not gonna screw some hot girl cuz they watch a romantic anime, but that they CAN drive a car if they can fit their fatasses in the seat. Car Racing anime rules.
Neo Vash
Posted: Nov 23 2002, 07:09 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 98

Why they have bad reviews? well heres your answer. Most people here anime and they think of some super natural or with bloodshed like Dragonball z or Eva. When they see Mountain racing as a anime they get mad. And another thing that they dont like is how they take 2d characters with 3d(this was something my friend didnt like) those are a couple of the reasons why people dont like it. To like this anime you have to have a lover for racing to actually enjoy it. If you dont like cars are racing then you wont like this anime. Thats basiclly what it comes down too. A good thing about this anime is that anyone else who likes it already has two things in common with you, they like the anime and cars.
Shark
Posted: Nov 24 2002, 03:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52

Bobsolo: Hm, oh well.. In any case, we'll propably find out, sooner or later, if 4th stage has really been cancelled.

And... Errhm... Bad reviews of Initial D?
Can you guys point me to one or two of them? I don't think I've seen a really bad review of Initial D yet. As I remember it, most of the Initial D reviews I've read, didn't express any kind of dislike or badness at all biggrin.gif
Bobsolo10
  Posted: Nov 24 2002, 05:24 PM

Unregistered

http://www.animeacademy.com/library/initia...d/initiald.html

That's a link to a couple of idiots who think it's bad.

But you know whats really cool? I just got a hachi-roku zip zap (2 inch remote control cars) from Japan. It also has the Keisuke's RX-7. I installed a betta motor and drift axle so it's just like Takumi's. cool.gif
Perry
Posted: Nov 26 2002, 07:10 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Reviews from Anime News Network (animenewsnetwork.com)

Episodes reviewed: 1-16
Original Story: Shigeno Shuici
Manga published by: Kodansha

Review by: Bamboo Dong
Edited by: DragonCat

If you're somebody that enjoys auto racing, or just being on the road, then rev up your energy and get ready to watch one of the most exhilarating anime series to come out of Japan. That series is Initial D, a fast-paced series that makes it nearly impossible to wait for the VCR to rewind the tape before popping in the next one. The series first aired in Japan in 1998, and lasts for four stages, which includes a total of 39 episodes, a couple of OVAs, and also a movie, which came out early in the year 2001. Based on the manga by Shigeno Shuici, Initial D is ideal for fans who love cars, racing, adventure, or just a refreshing series, free of magical girls and fuzzy animals.

The story revolves around street racers, people who have a passion for driving and barreling down tight mountain passes at more than a hundred miles per hour. At the center of the story is Takumi Fujiwara and Itsuki Takeuchi, two high school friends who just obtained their driver's licenses. Itsuki dreams constantly of becoming a street racer and joining the local team, the Akina Speedstars. Takumi, on the other hand, is less than enthusiastic about driving, much less driving fast.

Within the first episode, the plot kicks off to a fast start as a nearby racing team, the Akagi Redsuns, challenge the Speedstars to a race down Akina Mountain. Knowing that they are no match for the Redsuns, the Speedstars frantically search for a driver who can help them win the race, and defend the local pride. According to rumors, the fastest driver on Akina is a man who owns a tofu shop and drives an out-dated Hachi-Roku, known in the US as the Corolla. The man agrees to race for the team, but when the car shows up at the race, it turns out that he sent his son, Takumi, in his place. To the surprise of everyone, Takumi has been delivering tofu for his father on Akina Mountain since he was in middle school, thus making him a highly skilled driver. The rest of the series deals with Takumi's feelings about racing, as well as the inevitable conflicts that occur as illustrious street racers from around Japan challenge the invincible Hachi-Roku.

The animation is interesting, if a bit hard to get used to, using regular cel animation for the characters and backgrounds, while the cars are done in 3D CG. Amazingly, the two mediums mix decently, giving a thrilling experience every time the drivers start their engines. Although the race scenes look suspiciously similar to the ones seen in arcades, the exciting ride makes it easy to bypass any joking remarks. It's no surprise, though, that this series has also spawned a racing game for the Playstation.

If the race scenes don't get you too excited, the music will. Throughout the series, extra action is added by the pumping soundtrack. The music fits the situations well, surfacing at the crucial moments to give the already cool scenes an extra kick. Ranging from hip-hop, to techno, to sugary pop, the music is stimulating, and is a never-ending dance party, compared to the sluggish soundtracks of some other anime series.

Initial D is definitely something that hordes of racing fans would enjoy. Filled with references to cars and racing techniques, it's a wild ride for auto aficionados. Even if you're a girl, you'll still be able to enjoy this series. Being a girl myself, I would know. As for all the skeptics out there who don't think that a series filled with car races sounds too promising, well, you'll have to decide for yourself. Every episode is a mind-blowing adventure, and every race is even newer and more enjoyable than the last. To cut a long gloat short, this is the first time in a long while since I've been so fired up about a series, so I recommend to everyone to at least check this out. Buckle up your seatbelts, and get ready to drive to the limit.

Grade: B-

+ Fun car races
- If you don't like fast cars and want a deep plot line with tear-jerking emotion, you're probably not going to like Initial D as much as I did.

--------------------------------

Well, my opinion is Initial D is not all about fast cars. It also has its thoughtful side, too. I would give Initial D an A. happy.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
]{aya
Posted: Nov 27 2002, 05:17 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

i like ...love Initial D!, it teaches people to like their car the way the are, Initial D twisted me from RICER to RACER... and i very happy wht that
Bobsolo10
  Posted: Nov 29 2002, 06:46 PM

Unregistered

Damn straight Perry. Initial D is definately more than just fast cars. i.e. the part in 3rd stage where he chases that 4WD in the snow for Mogi.

That is emotional. Gave me goosebumps. wacko.gif
Kyo
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 05:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 57

bump! ya.. i pretty agree on that...

not only that.. it also shows bad guy like shingo is not actually that bad.. he still hv conscience...

tongue.gif