Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dr. Love - Don't Stand So Close

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 116,890  ·  Replies: 301 
> Drift a FR, Heel & Toe ---- HOW???
Alex
  Posted: Dec 21 2002, 10:12 PM

OG Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111

true, they use these techniques and itsuki is a crash dummy for them, takumi masters a technique ex:air drift and soon youll see Itsuki flipping his 85 off Mt. Akina
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Jayson
Posted: Dec 21 2002, 10:17 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

true, they use these techniques and itsuki is a crash dummy for them, takumi masters a technique ex:air drift and soon youll see Itsuki flipping his 85 off Mt. Akina

LOL

I mean, there should be a seperate section for racing techniques since we get so many questions about them.
tofu boy
Posted: Dec 22 2002, 11:12 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

yea, the racing tech. should be new topic, but i mean the hair thing was a bit out of place. theres the same discussiom in the off topic forum.
teknoman
Posted: Dec 24 2002, 10:42 AM

Unregistered

I got another information about Misconceptions about heel & toe check this website out http://www.geocities.com/go2iddrift/heelandtoe.html
J4P RX
Posted: Dec 24 2002, 11:09 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 132

That article isnt very good and contains wrong information.

Lee
Jayson
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 10:49 PM

Bad article. I could write a better one. Or at least provide correct information.
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Jan 10 2003, 08:51 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 168

QUOTE (Jayson @ Dec 28 2002, 04:47 PM)
Bad article. I could write a better one. Or at least provide correct information.

err bullshit ur article would be full of spam and prolly further from the truth biggrin.gif
Jayson
Posted: Jan 10 2003, 05:21 PM

Why do you hate me?
Rownan
Posted: Jan 11 2003, 10:04 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 173

Okay, haha. Not a single post here answers the question originally asked, which is.... The application of heel-toe to initiate a slide.

Heel-toe to a drifter means something more than revmatching while braking, it is a means to shift the weight of the car and produce oversteer. Also called a braking drift, the driver uses the brake to shift the weight of the car to the front tires, and at the same time downshifting and hitting the gas to bring the back end around.

You can see Takumi using this heel-toe technique many times during Initial D. Whoever made the show was a pure genius, they even go as far as to show the weight of the car shifting forward and the rear tires losing grip as the driver brings the revs up to start the slide. cool.gif

'95 S14
www.projectaspec.com
Jayson
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 06:30 AM

*applauds*

very well put my friend, couldn't have made it any simpler myself biggrin.gif
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 06:39 AM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

could someone explain the footwork during heel toe in a detailed manner?

do you press brake, clutch... then gas... [change gears] then take foot of gas? then press it again while letting go of clutch? then brakes are out.

what i said is probably 98% wrong and would cause a car to explode so... could someone explain? biggrin.gif

Rownan
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 05:45 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 173

Step 1: Brake using the front of the right foot.

Step 2: With the left foot, disengage the clutch.

Step 3: Downshift

Step 4: While still on the brake, use the bottom part of your right foot to depress the throttle. If you are simply revmatching then you're gonna want to blip the throttle to the desired RPM, then let out the clutch. If you are trying to start a drift, then it is a quick, fluid motion: Brake, clutch in, shift, and while the weight is loaded to the front, bring the revs way up and pop the clutch(let it out quickly). As the back end swings out you want to get off the brake and modulate the throttle, and steer through the drift.

Heel-toe is amisleading term I think, cause most people probably don't JUST use the toes of the right foot for the brake... They'll use one half of the foot for the brake and one half for the gas. The foot won't be sideways but more of at a 45 degree angle. Like me, I have racing pedals so my brake pedal and gas pedal are so close together, I actually use the ball of my foot for the brake and "roll" my foot onto the gas...

Watch initial D, he does it during the opening credits.
Jayson
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 08:08 PM

Yeah, he's right. For the most part, you jusr rool your foot to blip the gas a bit. Not hard really, just need to practice, and you'll be doing it with out even thinking about it.
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 09:17 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Jayson @ Jan 12 2003, 12:28 AM)
*applauds*

very well put my friend, couldn't have made it any simpler myself biggrin.gif

sure u could have made it simpler jayson, u could have given out the wrong info and used just one line! as u normally do..

i dont hate u jayson, i dont hate anyone, its just wasted energy. i dont like ur spam, and the fact that u think ppl actually wanna wade through ur endless posting, be it a confirmation of what has just been said (which isnt needed) or just some 1 line ramble/dribble (also not wanted)

Jayson
Posted: Jan 12 2003, 09:27 PM

I give the man props, and you start dissing me, what the hell is wrong with that picture?
TARMAC SPCL
  Posted: Jan 31 2003, 12:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 217

HEAL AND TOE IS ALSO GOOD FOR NOT DISTERBING THE CHASSIS WILE CORNERING. IT MAKES FOR VERY SMOTH DOWNSHIFTS AND FAST DRIVING. biggrin.gif HEY IS THERE ANY BMW PEOPLE OUT THERE IN INITIAL D WORLD? BMW POWER ALL THE WAY,BUT 4AGE POWER IS COOL TO. tongue.gif

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 09:03 AM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

i think indecisive is a bmw fan happy.gif
you two should get along just fine

Indecisive
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 10:53 AM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (TARMAC SPCL @ Jan 31 2003, 12:06 AM)
HEAL AND TOE IS ALSO GOOD FOR NOT DISTERBING THE CHASSIS WILE CORNERING. IT MAKES FOR VERY SMOTH DOWNSHIFTS AND FAST DRIVING. biggrin.gif HEY IS THERE ANY BMW PEOPLE OUT THERE IN INITIAL D WORLD? BMW POWER ALL THE WAY,BUT 4AGE POWER IS COOL TO. tongue.gif

sorry for having to close your first post man but hope you understand biggrin.gif

and...BMW OWNS JOO ALL FOR FREE!!!!!(eat THAT jayson..lol)

I drive an E30 BMW 325i, the 1988 model, just before they started putting the nice plastic bumpers. and also have a E30 CMW 318i, the 1984 model. if you haven't figured out already, I LOVE the E30 style heh.

wut bout you?
Tai-Mai-Shu
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 02:44 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

Uh..sorry to interrupt your conversation *ahemcoughcough spamming coughahem* ( biggrin.gif ) but can i ask a question about the topic? unsure.gif

Nissan and other companies recently created new technology involving the drivetrain and gears. The new Nissan SUV called the "Murano" features a function such as a CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) that causes smooth shifting while keeping revs high.

With this and other companies putting down new technology , is heel-toe-downshift necessary when attempting a drift?
GoFastLookSlow
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 03:37 PM

♪ don't say lazy ♪

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (Tai-Mai-Shu @ Jan 31 2003, 02:41 PM)
Uh..sorry to interrupt your conversation *ahemcoughcough spamming coughahem* ( biggrin.gif ) but can i ask a question about the topic? unsure.gif

Nissan and other companies recently created new technology involving the drivetrain and gears. The new Nissan SUV called the "Murano" features a function such as a CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) that causes smooth shifting while keeping revs high.

With this and other companies putting down new technology , is heel-toe-downshift necessary when attempting a drift?

A CVT has no "gears", rather it is infinitely variable, depending on the the position of the throttle and such. Its more of an auto than a manual, but you can use it like a manumatic, in that case it usually has 6 preset gears (Im talking bout the Audi CVT). They have no clutch. Theyre pretty cool and good for gas mileage and medium performance... but stick to manuals for the real road/circuit racing.
Tai-Mai-Shu
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 05:11 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

ah.

thanks.
SiGNAL*
Posted: Jan 31 2003, 06:57 PM

Rotary Power

Member No.: 166

///M POWER!!
YEAA, love them bimmers. . . so beautiful . .do u get the magazine Bimmer??(i think thats wut its called, i forget)they are making a project e30 if im not mistaken . .ahh, i forget the model codes for bm's. they are so beautiful tho, luxury and performance, wowzers. . .

Indecisive
Posted: Feb 1 2003, 12:23 AM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

imma be ///M Powered by the time I'm 25 baby biggrin.gif

E30 is 83-91, E36 is 92-99, E46 is 00-present

and these chassis codes are for the 3 series. the 5, 7 and 8 series have different chasis codes.
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Feb 3 2003, 12:13 AM

IDW God Member

heel-toe never has been and never will be NECESSARY in order to perform a drift

but i spose that technology could remove the need for heel-toe, im not really sure , i dont know anything about that tech
Jayson
Posted: Feb 3 2003, 11:59 AM

That doesn't sound cool, why take all the fun out of driving?

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »