Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Delta Queens - Dance Around the World

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,147  ·  Replies: 30 
> Why Iketani and Mako can't be together?
satria 120r
  Posted: Apr 21 2015, 08:04 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,460

I wonder why Iketani and Mako can;t be together. i know it's stupid but... ohh darn... i am crying of it.. what's the reason of the writer to not make them be together...?
The Sixth Element
Posted: Apr 21 2015, 11:55 AM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

Its just the story. The writer even said they never met eachother after Extra Stage 2. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Apr 21 2015, 12:07 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'll say it again. Shigeno is chronically weak when it comes to writing romance in his manga, and he knows it. His solution for relationships across Initial D is either to put them on a bus, or to show as little of it as possible. Natsuki and Mako move away out of reach of their affected love interests. Mika quickly becomes a background character and we see very little of her interactions with Takumi. Keisuke "moves" out of reach of Kyoko and explicitly tells her not to see him again, so Shigeno conveniently doesn't have to deal with her in the plot anymore.

Just like Rob Liefeld can't draw hands and feet, Shigeno can't write romance.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rin
Posted: Apr 21 2015, 04:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,355

Makes me think why he consider writing it in the first place...
satria 120r
  Posted: Apr 22 2015, 12:02 AM

Shmuck

Yeah... why Shigeno wrote the romance in the first place... why he wrote most of the love story become painful... this is a good racing anime i like the most... but why he didn't make the romance plot become good too.... it is so sad, it is just a story but... ahhh.. it's sad.... :,(
Tessou
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 12:09 AM

Group Icon

He can't "make it good" because he isn't a talented writer. He's an artist, not a writer.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 07:15 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

That reminds me... Didn't Shigeno create a new manga about a manga artist trying to find love? Whatever happened to that? lol
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 07:30 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 14 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
That reminds me... Didn't Shigeno create a new manga about a manga artist trying to find love? Whatever happened to that? lol

I grabbed the first volume in Mandarake a couple weeks ago. Dunno when volume two will be out. It honestly didn't look half bad aside from the fact that the MC is the most obvious self-insert ever. Also the main girl is really ugly.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 07:33 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

She reminds me a lot of Kaori, honestly.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 07:39 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 6 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
She reminds me a lot of Kaori, honestly.

Even Kaori is prettier. Have you seen full scans of the first volume?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 07:43 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I've read the first chapter on the publisher's site, but I couldn't find any traces of it after.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Import_Lexus
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 02:46 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

QUOTE (satria 120r @ Today, 12:02 AM)
Yeah... why Shigeno wrote the romance in the first place... why he wrote most of the love story become painful... this is a good racing anime i like the most...    but why he didn't make the romance  plot become good too.... it is so sad, it is just a story but... ahhh.. it's sad.... :,(

haha, i'm with you on this....i wish he would of made the romance part better and actually have happy endings....in my mind i just pretend that everyone hooked up after final stage and lived happily ever after

This post has been edited by Import_Lexus on Apr 22 2015, 02:48 PM
Rin
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 09:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

I think we can all agree that Shigeno just doesn't know how to write a proper romance period.
hackgrid
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 09:25 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

I am also interested in a full volume scan of Takane no Hana smile.gif Seems like there are only two of them?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
KonradZuse
Posted: Apr 25 2015, 09:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,074

The whole thing played out super stupid.

"Come meet me here if you're serious."

then he doesn't go until the end, and then gets there 2 hours late and she's gone....

Yet didn't they both have cell phones..."? HELLO CALL HER? LOL..... Then they never see each other again? Wtf is that about....

TBH another thing that anoyed me about the show, was the entire "Akina Superstars" team.

I don't even remember their names already, but the 2 guys who worked with Takumi, and their 1 friend were 100% useless to the story. We didnt' even need this love scene at all, but those 3 were added for some stupid reason...

Granted the annoying kid who talks about how amazign he is is just stupid funny, but otherwise the others aren't needed.

They sucl at driving, they never imporve, I figured it would be a progression for everyone, but nope....
Tessou
Posted: Apr 25 2015, 09:43 PM

Group Icon

ID at that point took place in the mid-90s, before the craze of accessible, inexpensive cell phones hit Japan. Cell phones were expensive, typically in the $300 range for the average unit, in 1995. There was no such thing as a data plan back then, either. You paid for minutes, which typically cost between 5 and 10 cents per minute. Not cheap.

In First Stage, only a few characters have cell phones (notably Yuuichi). I wouldn't expect a gas station attendant like Iketani to be able to afford one back then on his salary.
KonradZuse
Posted: Apr 25 2015, 10:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,074

QUOTE (Tessou @ 30 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
ID at that point took place in the mid-90s, before the craze of accessible, inexpensive cell phones hit Japan. Cell phones were expensive, typically in the $300 range for the average unit, in 1995. There was no such thing as a data plan back then, either. You paid for minutes, which typically cost between 5 and 10 cents per minute. Not cheap.

In First Stage, only a few characters have cell phones (notably Yuuichi). I wouldn't expect a gas station attendant like Iketani to be able to afford one back then on his salary.

For sure, but I thought they were texting each other... At least they were ABLE TO CALL each other, even with regular phones it never happened, it just ENDEd like wtf LOL.

"Come meet me here if you're serious."

satria 120r
  Posted: Apr 26 2015, 08:55 PM

Shmuck

i wish i had not watched the episode 20 stage one.. it's a friggin' sad circumstance.. it touched so much.. sad.gif
Rin
Posted: Apr 26 2015, 09:40 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (satria 120r @ 45 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
i wish i had not watched the episode 20 stage one.. it's a friggin' sad circumstance.. it touched so much.. sad.gif

Or...you know, maybe Shigeno shouldn't have put romance in the first place.

Seriously, he knows his ability to write romance scenes were utterly inept yet he pressed on anyways with half-assed conclusions.

And I can't believe people can be so forgiving on these lazy practices.

If you're not good at it from the get go you should've just completely dropped it.
satria 120r
  Posted: Apr 26 2015, 11:46 PM

Shmuck

@Rin: Yeah, I'm dropping it even though it is hard...
Rin
Posted: Apr 26 2015, 11:57 PM

IDW Expert Member

It just proves that Shigeno is shit at writing character interactions sometimes...or rather most of the time in romances.

Of course, there's little point in saying that now.
satria 120r
  Posted: Apr 27 2015, 02:43 AM

Shmuck

@Rin : I think so, the unfortunate things is Shigeno was great in meeting the loves, but in the end he put it all in sorrow... crying2.gif
the_stig
Posted: May 13 2015, 08:00 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,080

QUOTE (Princess Celestia @ Apr 25 2015, 09:43 PM)

On the flipside initial d has a floating timeline, so there is the possibility of smart phones/cellphones

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banken
Posted: May 13 2015, 11:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Princess Celestia @ Apr 21 2015, 12:07 PM)
I'll say it again. Shigeno is chronically weak when it comes to writing romance in his manga, and he knows it. His solution for relationships across Initial D is either to put them on a bus, or to show as little of it as possible. Natsuki and Mako move away out of reach of their affected love interests. Mika quickly becomes a background character and we see very little of her interactions with Takumi. Keisuke "moves" out of reach of Kyoko and explicitly tells her not to see him again, so Shigeno conveniently doesn't have to deal with her in the plot anymore.

Just like Rob Liefeld can't draw hands and feet, Shigeno can't write romance.

Not true at all. In Baribari Densetsu the romance was great.

I suspect he was jilted at some point between 1985 and 1995 and decided that romances in manga needed to be screwed up.

Also, cellphone minutes still cost $$$$ in Japan, which is why people mostly text (although Line has basically replaced texting and email).

This post has been edited by Banken on May 13 2015, 11:41 PM
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2015, 11:56 PM

Group Icon

One hit does not make up for five misses, six if you count his latest work.

2 Pages  1 2