Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - No Turning Back

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 91,405  ·  Replies: 619 
> EXIT TRANCE
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 03:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 hours, 15 minutes ago)
In the case of soundfiles victimized by the "loudness war" effect, try opening the file in Audacity (I can't speak for any other program as I've never tried this in any others) and click on the Amplify tool. If it automatically detects the adjustment to be in the negative dB, complete the (de)amplification and see if the waveform is back to a normal level. If it is not, then it is permanently distorted, and cannot be repaired.

I have not tested this far enough, but if you can deamplify it to a normal, "non-brickwalled" level, what may have been the brickwalling culprit could be the method of ripping (I do not know if iTunes is one that does this, or even if any ripping program does this because, again, I've not yet tested this idea, it's just a theory.)

If this theory is true, then it's likely that if the sound file cannot be deamplified, it was mastered that way on the CD to begin with and no matter what you use to rip it, it will always be a damaged sound file because either the mastering engineer(s), the producer(s) or whoever was in any kind of contact with the album in question was a complete fucking retard who should have lost their job ages ago and doesn't know enough about proper sound engineering to get even a concept as basic as "don't completely fucking decimate and obliterate the soundwave" by amplifying and distorting it to high hell.

By the way, that means a lot of people should be losing their jobs in the industry today - especially those in charge of "remastering." wink2.gif

Sadly the one release I wish this worked on... It doesn't. GO! GO! MANIAC from K-ON!! squares off. I thought it was a bad rip until I saw the CD itself and discovered to my dismay that it had been poorly mastered.

Why no one raged about it, I will never know. I'd have demanded my money back.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:23 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Yes, even the Japanese, long praised for their sound engineering quality, aren't immune to the loudness war...

I wonder how many songs that were brickwalled on CD due to poor mastering have their actual master tracks distorted too.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 10:38 AM

ShiMACHaze

Went ahead and ordered myself a copy of both Best 15 and Nyan Cat, just 'cause. The car I usually have to drive here only has a CD player so that works out for me anyway. Sadly there were no First Press left of the Nyan Cat, but I got the last one for Best 15 so...! happy.gif

I used EMS instead of FedEx so I'll let you guys know when it arrives.
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 03:56 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,751

Iono bout you guys but somebody has already shared BEST 15 online:
goo.gl/6U3AX

cant guarentee of the quality though, sucky itunes encoded laugh.gif
this week, il try to provide the extended tracks version for everyone.

This post has been edited by Enosioph_Leviticus on Apr 22 2012, 03:56 AM
ddrstrike
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:18 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,702

thanks Enosioph_Leviticus for this, i love exit trance jeje and I waiting for the extended tracks.

This post has been edited by ddrstrike on Apr 22 2012, 10:38 AM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:41 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:31 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 1 hour, 49 minutes ago)
Pardon me, but what do you mean by 'brickwalled'?

Sounds painful

"Brickwall" is slang for "sound wave distorted by overamplification." More details here:

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKDMBuGodU&nomobile=1 )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ Yesterday, 4:56 AM)
Iono bout you guys but somebody has already shared BEST 15 online:
goo.gl/6U3AX

cant guarentee of the quality though, sucky itunes encoded laugh.gif
this week, il try to provide the extended tracks version for everyone.

I haven't received my copy yet so it wasn't me, but the encode sounds wonderful and plays flawlessly in Winamp without any gap issues. happy.gif Whoever shared, you're awesome!
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 04:38 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Apr 22 2012, 11:50 PM)
I haven't received my copy yet so it wasn't me, but the encode sounds wonderful and plays flawlessly in Winamp without any gap issues. happy.gif Whoever shared, you're awesome!

actually, I'm more interested now on gettin the lossless version of EXIT 15 and nyan cat lol awesome.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

It would've been today but sadly I was out running errands with family all day. Came home to a pink slip, so I'll have to head to the post office tomorrow and pick them up. Sigh.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:28 PM

ShiMACHaze

DOUBLE POST OH SHIIIIIIIIII

Anyway, I had some teething problems with the drive I salvaged where once it spun down it wouldn't spin back up again, but I at least got it working enough to accurately rip MP3 copies of the two CDs I got today. FLACs will have to come later once I figure out what the hell's up with the drive. I don't have time to mess with it at the moment. I'm just glad it stayed alive enough to rip the two discs to MP3!

So here you guys go, first dibs on DDLs for the CDs. Torrents will be up on Nyaa and TokyoTosho soon. Help seed if you can, okay? happy.gif

[ETFanHome] Nyan Cat (320k mp3)
[ETFanHome] EXIT TRANCE PRESENTS SPEED アニメトランス BEST 15 (320k mp3)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Been a while since I did Nyaa, forgot that TokyoTosho rejects torrents without an HTTP tracker in them. So the MP3 torrents are up on Nyaa now, and as soon as I can fix my drive and get a FLAC released (hopefully within a few days) the torrent for the FLACs will be on Tosho and Nyaa. Sorry about that.

EDIT 2: The rip of Anime Best 15 is broken. The torrent has been deleted and the link has been removed. I am re-ripping it now. I am not sure what the problem was, whether it was EAC or the drive (or both) but hopefully it will be fixed this time around. Sorry for the trouble. pinch2.gif

EDIT 3: Rip has been fixed, link is back up!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 27 2012, 02:29 AM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:45 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:57 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 11 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Once again Nomake, you fail not to deliver. This is some good stuff - even if the song titles are all garbelty gook and I can't understand what they're saying! This feeling throws me back to 2006! biggrin.gif

Sadly the rip of Anime Trance 15 is broken. I'm not sure what the hell happened, whether it was a missed EAC setting or this ANCIENT drive fucking up (which it did do a few times), but the rip is horribly broken. It's supposed to play back gaplessly, but it doesn't.

I'm re-ripping it as we speak. Sorry for that. Removing link above now...
Rudy
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:58 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:01 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 2 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
Well, so far the NyanCD is playing good, fingers crossed.

That CD did rip properly, I confirmed it twice after finding out that AT15 was busted. No worries there. I believe it's because AT15 is gapless and Nyan Cat is not.

EDIT: Turns out I was right about the gapless thing. I don't have time to debug what's up with this drive and EAC. This isn't my usual ripping setup so I'm not going to futz with it. I ripped the CD using iTunes and it worked perfectly. Ripping it with EAC fucks it up. So screw EAC, piece of garbage. iTunes master race! The link in my post above has been renewed with the new release. Sorry!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 27 2012, 02:01 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOOOST

Anyway, just wanted to note that I've posted the FLAC rips on Nyaa and TokyoTosho. My upload speed isn't the greatest but I'll be seeding them to 120% so hopefully others can pick up the slack.

Sorry for the delay, this has been a stressful experience. Lesson learned; always check the rips manually before uploading. sad.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 04:23 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 16 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOOOST

Anyway, just wanted to note that I've posted the FLAC rips on Nyaa and TokyoTosho. My upload speed isn't the greatest but I'll be seeding them to 120% so hopefully others can pick up the slack.

Sorry for the delay, this has been a stressful experience. Lesson learned; always check the rips manually before uploading. sad.gif

O_O
MUST GET. When my bandwith resets later tonight sleep.gif
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:50 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 hours, 42 minutes ago)
DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOOOST

well done! cool.gif
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

update guys!
JPz Records will release the extended version of BEST 15 within less than 24 hrs from now. hope you guys are lookin forward to this.
I know coz everyone is whistling.gif

EDIT:
[QWCE-00226] EXIT TRANCE PRESENTS SPEED アニメトランス BEST 15 (mp3 320k) (Extended Tracks)
http://www.zshare.net/?2a7hhjwarpmaw5d
http://www.zshare.net/?qn8b1c9iqcnc879

Password can be found in the JPz Records website awesome.gif
Be sure to leave a thank you in the comments.
Enjoy! derp.gif

This post has been edited by Enosioph_Leviticus on May 3 2012, 09:36 AM
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 03:09 AM

IDW Expert Member

I've updated the site and have re-uploaded old stuff and added ALL of the new stuff available on the site: http://www.jpzrecords.org/music/exittunes/

Feel free to mirror them to keep JPz Records alive. cool.gif
xkp1839xp
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 06:17 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,047

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ Jun 7 2012, 03:09 AM)
I've updated the site and have re-uploaded old stuff and added ALL of the new stuff available on the site: http://www.jpzrecords.org/music/exittunes/

Feel free to mirror them to keep JPz Records alive. cool.gif

Can you update all the other EXTENDED TRACKS for the EXIT TRANCE blink.gif thk---
Doc-S
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 07:43 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,801

EXIT TUNES PRESENTS SPEED アニメトランス BEST 16
(2012/9/5)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 10:33 AM

ShiMACHaze

Man, September 5th?! That's so far awaaaay! pinch2.gif I will surely die!

Nah just kidding, but I might not be able to buy this one. September is a VERY expensive month for me. We'll see.
Doc-S
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 02:18 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,801

Single from MK.

http://galiftrecords.com/mk-floating-gate-neige/

This post has been edited by Doc-S on Jun 11 2012, 02:18 PM
xkp1839xp
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 08:37 AM

IDW Jr. Member